Jump to topic:

Islam FORCES people to marry...

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:02:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
(Full subject: Islam FORCES people to marry (marriage is a mandatory part of that religion.))

Anyone have any thoughts on that...?

My thoughts: FORCING marriage religiously is way uncool...
"La, la, la. Whatever. La, la, la. It doesn't matter. La, la, la. Oh well. La, la, la..."
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:03:46 AM
At 6/6/2015 11:02:34 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:
(Full subject: Islam FORCES people to marry (marriage is a mandatory part of that religion.))

I have yet to have heard about this, please show me a source that proves this.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:27:03 AM
At 6/6/2015 11:03:46 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

Here is a well known saying of "Prophet" Muhammad from the Mishkat hadith:

"When the servant of Allah marries, he has fulfilled half the (responsibilities laid on him by the) faith; so let him be God conscious with respect to the other half."
"La, la, la. Whatever. La, la, la. It doesn't matter. La, la, la. Oh well. La, la, la..."
ayaeg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:38:59 AM

Islam does not force people to get married!
Islam suggest to who ever capable of marriage to get married to prevent adultery.
All Abrahamic faith (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) believe the same thing.
"Guide us to the straight path" (Quran 1:6)
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:48:39 PM
At 6/6/2015 11:27:03 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:
At 6/6/2015 11:03:46 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

Here is a well known saying of "Prophet" Muhammad from the Mishkat hadith:

"When the servant of Allah marries, he has fulfilled half the (responsibilities laid on him by the) faith; so let him be God conscious with respect to the other half."

That quote does not display forced marriage, it only shows that people who believe in the faith should get married.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 5:26:11 PM
At 6/6/2015 11:38:59 AM, ayaeg wrote:

Islam suggest to who ever capable of marriage to get married to prevent adultery.

Stop LYING Sir/Ma'am...the meaning of the word "responsibility" as defined at: http://dictionary.reference.com... is:

1. the state or fact of being responsible, answerable, or accountable for something within one's power, control, or management.

2. an instance of being responsible :
The responsibility for this mess is yours!

3. a particular burden of obligation upon one who is responsible :
the responsibilities of authority.

4. a person or thing for which one is responsible :
A child is a responsibility to its parents.

5. reliability or dependability, especially in meeting debts or payments.

And as the hadith goes:

"When the servant of Allah marries, he has fulfilled half the (RESPONSIBILITIES laid on him by the) faith; so let him be God conscious with respect to the other half."
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 5:32:05 PM
At 6/6/2015 1:48:39 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:

That quote does not display forced marriage, it only shows that people who believe in the faith should get married.

Actually based on the meaning of the word "responsibilty" (see Dictionary.com's definitions at http://dictionary.reference.com... ) the quote would mean that people who believe in the faith are required to marry. Again, here is the quote:

"When the servant of Allah marries, he has fulfilled half the (RESPONSIBILITIES laid on him by the) faith; so let him be God conscious with respect to the other half."
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:04:48 PM

- (chuckle) (giggle).
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
ayaeg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 2:25:52 AM
At 6/6/2015 5:26:11 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

Stop LYING Sir/Ma'am...the meaning of the word "responsibility" as defined at: http://dictionary.reference.com... is:

1. the state or fact of being responsible, answerable, or accountable for something within one's power, control, or management.

And as the hadith goes:

You can read that hadith for ever and you will never conclude the true meaning with a mind like yours.
I am an Arab Muslim. Quran and hadith are in my native language. And I have never read a verse forcing Muslims to get married nor have I seen this happen. The hadith you quoted recommends Muslims to get married because as I said to prevent adultery and considered the other half of faith. In Islam the man is responsible for providing for his family. That's why I said to who ever is CAPABLE of getting married.

"Young men, those of you who can afford to get married should do so, for it helps you lower your gaze and preserves your chastity; but those who cannot should fast, for it is a means of cooling the sexual passion." [Al-Bukhari]

"Whoever is able to marry, should marry". (Bukhari)

And If you want to twist your word and say Islam encourages forcing marriage.. Well it doesn't do that too...

Khansa Bint Khidam said "My father married me to his nephew, and I did not like this match, so I complained to the Messenger of Allah (May Allah bless him and grant him peace). He said to me "accept what your father has arranged." I said "I do not wish to accept what my father has arranged."

He said "then this marriage is invalid, go and marry whomever you wish." I said "I have accepted what my father has arranged, but I wanted women to know that fathers have no right in their daughter"s matters (i.e. they have no right to force a marriage on them). (Fathul Bari Sharah Al Bukhari 9/194, Ibn Majah Kitabun Nikah 1/602)

Please present a clear reference to prove your accusation.
"Guide us to the straight path" (Quran 1:6)
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 6:39:30 AM

Response: You are forbidden to inherit women against their will (4:19). Thus refuting the claim that Islam forces marriage.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 7:20:49 AM
At 6/6/2015 5:26:11 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

And as the hadith goes:

please can you be more stupid than that?
Never fart near dog
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 3:36:58 PM
At 6/7/2015 2:25:52 AM, ayaeg wrote:

You can read that hadith for ever and you will never conclude the true meaning with a mind like yours.
I am an Arab Muslim. Quran and hadith are in my native language. And I have never read a verse forcing Muslims to get married nor have I seen this happen. The hadith you quoted recommends Muslims to get married because as I said to prevent adultery and considered the other half of faith. In Islam the man is responsible for providing for his family. That's why I said to who ever is CAPABLE of getting married.

"Young men, those of you who can afford to get married should do so, for it helps you lower your gaze and preserves your chastity; but those who cannot should fast, for it is a means of cooling the sexual passion." [Al-Bukhari]

"Whoever is able to marry, should marry". (Bukhari)

And If you want to twist your word and say Islam encourages forcing marriage.. Well it doesn't do that too...

Khansa Bint Khidam said "My father married me to his nephew, and I did not like this match, so I complained to the Messenger of Allah (May Allah bless him and grant him peace). He said to me "accept what your father has arranged." I said "I do not wish to accept what my father has arranged."

He said "then this marriage is invalid, go and marry whomever you wish." I said "I have accepted what my father has arranged, but I wanted women to know that fathers have no right in their daughter"s matters (i.e. they have no right to force a marriage on them). (Fathul Bari Sharah Al Bukhari 9/194, Ibn Majah Kitabun Nikah 1/602)

Please present a clear reference to prove your accusation.

You are lying, Sir. As the SCHOLAR Yusuf Ali translated Qur'an 24:32 it says:

"Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among your slaves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His grace: for Allah encompasseth all, and he knoweth all things."

Mr. Ali did not translate the verse: "Marry those among you who are single...IF YOU WANT TO." He translated it, "Marry those among you who are single etc" showing what the the said hadith means, Sir:

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 3:40:09 PM
At 6/7/2015 6:39:30 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: You are forbidden to inherit women against their will (4:19). Thus refuting the claim that Islam forces marriage.

That's not what I meant by "forcing marriage" Sir/Ma'am...I meant what is contained in this hadith:

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 3:46:21 PM
At 6/7/2015 7:20:49 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

please can you be more stupid than that?

No lol, I know what I'm talking about. Islam teaches that "marriage is half of din." If you don't know what "din" means, it's definition is here: http://en.wikipedia.org... .
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 3:47:28 PM
At 6/7/2015 3:40:09 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

That's not what I meant by "forcing marriage" Sir/Ma'am...I meant what is contained in this hadith:

Response: The word "force" or anything synonymous to it is mentioned no where in the hadith you presented. So it still fails to show forced marriage in Islam.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 4:06:49 PM
At 6/7/2015 3:47:28 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/7/2015 3:40:09 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

Response: The word "force" or anything synonymous to it is mentioned no where in the hadith you presented. So it still fails to show forced marriage in Islam.

He is just playing the fool here he is fake or i have never seen such a lame argument...
Never fart near dog
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 4:48:27 PM

I don't know your original tongue but you obviously don't know the meaning of the word "RESPONSIBLITY" lol.
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 4:59:02 PM
At 6/7/2015 4:06:49 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

He is just playing the fool here he is fake or i have never seen such a lame argument...

LOLOLOL. Riiiiight lolol.

You want to plead ignorant to knowing what the word "RESPONSIBILTY" means lol.

Sorry, no time (for that) man lol.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 7:17:11 PM
At 6/8/2015 4:48:27 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

I don't know your original tongue but you obviously don't know the meaning of the word "RESPONSIBLITY" lol.

Response: Yet your weak rebuttal shows otherwise, since you failed to show how the word "responsibility" matches your warped comprehension. Thus exposing yourself and the lack of simple Basic English on your part. Debunked as usual.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 7:32:52 PM
At 6/8/2015 4:59:02 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

- Alright, this has been going for quite a while & it's getting ridiculous & beyond.

* "A previously married woman should not be married until her permission has been sought, and a virgin should not be married until her consent is sought." Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). [http://sunnah.com...]

=> Now, please find something else to criticise about Islam, your job is done here.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 10:38:27 AM
At 6/8/2015 7:32:52 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 6/8/2015 4:59:02 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

- Alright, this has been going for quite a while & it's getting ridiculous & beyond.

* "A previously married woman should not be married until her permission has been sought, and a virgin should not be married until her consent is sought." Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). [http://sunnah.com...]

They said: "O Messenger of Allah, how does she give her permission?" He said: "Her permission is if she keeps silent."

What is this supposed to mean?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 10:48:46 AM
At 6/9/2015 10:38:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

They said: "O Messenger of Allah, how does she give her permission?" He said: "Her permission is if she keeps silent."

- It means, if she doesn't say anything, that's a sign of her consent. If she doesn't consent, she should object. & of course, if she says 'yes', then that's a clear sign of her consent as well.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 11:10:34 AM
At 6/9/2015 10:48:46 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 6/9/2015 10:38:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- It means, if she doesn't say anything, that's a sign of her consent. If she doesn't consent, she should object. & of course, if she says 'yes', then that's a clear sign of her consent as well.

I don't see how silence is a sign of anything other than one has no answer to give.

Consent means to say "Yes", you will not find silence in any definition of that word. Silence does not mean yes or no.

If I ask a woman to marry me and she remains silent, I certainly can't accept that as consent to marry her. That is absurd.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth