Jump to topic:

Most People of Religion.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 6:17:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Don't demonstrate the hate and bigotry of the religious members on this forum.
Why is that do you think?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 6:27:27 AM
At 6/7/2015 6:17:27 AM, bulproof wrote:

I have been on a number of forums of this nature over the years, and they seem to attract the religious extremists in droves. My three girls are Christians, but thank goodness they are open minded decent women.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 6:41:15 AM
At 6/7/2015 6:27:27 AM, JJ50 wrote:

I have been on a number of forums of this nature over the years, and they seem to attract the religious extremists in droves. My three girls are Christians, but thank goodness they are open minded decent women.

It's sad really that they consider hate and fear an attractive component of their belief systems.
I can't think of an atheist on here who exhibits the hate portrayed by many of the theists. As I said I think it's sad and a reflection on their beliefs.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:32:19 AM

Generally, the more someone is a minority in their political and social beliefs, the more they talk in an anonymous environment such as this.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:41:02 AM
At 6/7/2015 8:32:19 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

Generally, the more someone is a minority in their political and social beliefs, the more they talk in an anonymous environment such as this.

Do you really think that the religious are a minority?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:43:10 AM

Internet is not real life.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:49:30 AM
At 6/7/2015 8:41:02 AM, bulproof wrote:

I was referring to those who use their religion as a basis for bigotry. Based on what I see in my real life, they are a minority.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:56:29 AM
At 6/7/2015 8:49:30 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

I was referring to those who use their religion as a basis for bigotry. Based on what I see in my real life, they are a minority.
My apologies for misunderstanding
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:59:06 AM
At 6/7/2015 8:56:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/7/2015 8:49:30 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

My apologies for misunderstanding

It's fine, reading over my response, I wasn't all that clear about it. I understand why you had your misconception.
-Richard Dawkins
-Richard Dawkins
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 9:03:54 AM
I will say that there are some atheists on these forums that act in such extremist ways as some of the worst theists. Btw, this is one of the few calm, orderly, and kind forums in the religion section.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 9:43:13 AM
At 6/7/2015 9:03:54 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
I will say that there are some atheists on these forums that act in such extremist ways as some of the worst theists. Btw, this is one of the few calm, orderly, and kind forums in the religion section.

The most likely reason that this discussion is staying civil is because as of yet, not many different people have spoken on it.
-Richard Dawkins
-Richard Dawkins
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:13:19 AM
At 6/7/2015 9:43:13 AM, joetheripper117 wrote:

The most likely reason that this discussion is staying civil is because as of yet, not many different people have spoken on it.
Certainly none of the religious or theists I believe.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:15:35 AM

If you are born in the US you are almost a christian by default, our culture is so saturated with christian crap it's hard to remain unaffected.

As for the religious people who post things in forums and comment sections I think the people who are unhappy are pretty much doing all the posting.

Indifferent or content people are not compelled to complain.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:27:58 AM

Using the "Everybody else does it" argument is only thought to be acceptable among people under the age of 12.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:37:17 AM
At 6/7/2015 10:27:58 AM, Accipiter wrote:

Using the "Everybody else does it" argument is only thought to be acceptable among people under the age of 12.

I am merely stating that there are some atheists that do what the creator of this thread describes of christians. (I am not atheist if you care to check my profile)

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:39:32 AM

Can you point out an example?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:47:20 AM
At 6/7/2015 10:37:17 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

I am merely stating that there are some atheists that do what the creator of this thread describes of christians. (I am not atheist if you care to check my profile)

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 10:48:33 AM
At 6/7/2015 10:47:20 AM, Accipiter wrote:

I don't have one off of the top of my head(I don't venture into this forum often) But there are some that I have seen

Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 11:05:55 AM
At 6/7/2015 10:48:33 AM, ButterCatX wrote:

I don't have one off of the top of my head(I don't venture into this forum often) But there are some that I have seen

Regardless, people who think that the "Everybody else does it" argument is a good argument is incorrect and it makes them look stupid.

You are supposed to be above all that since you hold yourself to a higher moral standard.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 11:46:15 AM
Why is that do you think? : :

A man without a face is much bolder than one with a face.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 11:50:06 AM
If you can catch a religious person without his holy books, it's the best time to ask him questions about his beliefs. Religious people on the internet do a much better job in answering your questions.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 12:26:17 PM
At 6/7/2015 6:41:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/7/2015 6:27:27 AM, JJ50 wrote:

It's sad really that they consider hate and fear an attractive component of their belief systems.
I can't think of an atheist on here who exhibits the hate portrayed by many of the theists. As I said I think it's sad and a reflection on their beliefs.

Exactly, which is why we should view this as a good thing. And, by a good thing, I mean that it's a good thing to observe those portrayals, let everyone see them so that they may understand exactly the nature of those beliefs, that they can easily shed them as the last remnants of a barbaric way of life bound and enslaved by Bronze age myth and superstition, without fear or regret.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 2:10:52 PM
At 6/7/2015 11:05:55 AM, Accipiter wrote:

Regardless, people who think that the "Everybody else does it" argument is a good argument is incorrect and it makes them look stupid.

You are supposed to be above all that since you hold yourself to a higher moral standard.

When did I use that argument? And why are you saying that I hold myself to such a high moral standard?

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 2:18:40 PM

Why do you think a disagreement is hate based and bigotry?

Is it preferable that children raised in a same-sex household are 10 times more likely to inappropriately touched by a parent or guardian?

Is it preferable that gay couples and their children are 4 times more likely to be on welfare?

I personally don't think the rest of society should have to pay for the fall out of 2 people getting their nut off. And that mentality extends into how i feel about heterosexual relations as well.

So not hate. Just intellectual honesty and equal applications of beliefs across the board. The same beliefs that force me to try and be a better person.

And being a better person includes tolerance. But tolerance is not the allowance of stuff and blind eye to consequences.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 2:35:03 PM
At 6/7/2015 2:10:52 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

When did I use that argument? And why are you saying that I hold myself to such a high moral standard?

Well I was just telling you that so you could avoid looking stupid so yeah sorry that didn't work out.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 3:48:00 PM
At 6/7/2015 2:35:03 PM, Accipiter wrote:

Well I was just telling you that so you could avoid looking stupid so yeah sorry that didn't work out.

What is your beef with me? I am neither theist nor atheist

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message