turn the other cheek...

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 2:34:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

just want to know if christians really apply this to their lives.... its not practical at all in real life and its namely being a punching bag for others using you as a sitting duck... in this world if you real obey this one people with abuse you thats life....

so anybody follow that one?
Never fart near dog
difference
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 2:55:34 PM
May not be totally emotionally healthy either, but I don't know much about psychology.

I don't go by it, but I don't get messed with much anyway.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 5:08:50 PM
At 6/7/2015 2:34:21 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

just want to know if christians really apply this to their lives.... its not practical at all in real life and its namely being a punching bag for others using you as a sitting duck... in this world if you real obey this one people with abuse you thats life....

You wouldn't understand the concept because Muhammad couldn't understand and you can't think on your own and must copy Muhammad's ideas. Muhammad as a killer human being did not know God was changing humanity's leadership requirements from the old animal world's Alpha Male rulership by brute force, the meanest man wins the day using power over weaker opponents, to the Humanitarian, the man who puts humanity and human life above even protecting his own from injury, physical or psychological. God never gave this spiritual direction to Muhammad so you Muhammadan clones haven't a clue why anyone should not fight back when provoked with violence. You don't know about the "biomystic" wisdom that Jesus represents which demands that the top Alpha Male Sacrifice power over others for love of others, in order to give the Humanitarian Model for the rest of human beings. This Sacrifice of power for love baffles Muhammadans who are still stuck in the old animal male paradigm that demands tit-for-tat, vengeance for slights, even murder against those taking advantage of open non-threatening behavior. But this willingness to be human shock absorbers is absolutely necessary to stop the vicious cycle of hurt and revenge which otherwise never ends.

Weak men which Muhammadanism creates can't live up to the challenge of Christian non-violence. They are afraid of suffering the consequences of taking violence and thereby short-circuiting the violence cycle.

When you're ready to move up to a real moral spiritual religion, come talk to me about Celestial Torah Christianity but trying to protect Muhammadism from moral scrutiny is well, impossible.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:11:59 PM

That is something not taught in Islam, the concept of integrity and alternatives to fighting.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:17:33 PM
Don't feel bad, many people--inlcuding christians who think they know their bible well, have egregiously misinterpreted JC's "cheek" quote over the years.

To "turn the other cheek," does not imply pacifism, nor does it mean we place ourselves or others in mortal danger. Like the principle of the eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth in Matthew 5:38, turning the other cheek refers to personal retaliation, not criminal offenses or acts of military aggression. Clearly, Jesus did not mean to negate all God"s laws and injunctions protecting us against violent crime or invading armies. Rather, Jesus is speaking here of the principle of non-retaliation to affronts against our own dignity, as well as lawsuits to gain one"s personal assets (v. 40), infringements on one"s liberty (v. 41), and violations of property rights (v. 42). He was calling for a full surrender of all personal rights.

Turning the other cheek means not to return insult for insult in retaliation, which is what most people expect and how worldly people act. Responding to hatred with love just might grab someone's attention and afford us a chance to share the gospel. When we respond in a manner that is unnatural, it displays the supernatural power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Jesus was the perfect example because He was silent before His accusers and did not call down revenge from heaven on those who crucified Him.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 8:47:28 PM

so anybody follow that one? : :

I follow this perfectly.