Jump to topic:

Oneness of God vs. the Trinity of God

MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 2:12:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is Jesus God manifest in the flesh? Or is there a trinity consisting of god the father, god the son, and god the spirit?

PLEASE USE BIBLICAL EVIDENCE TO BACK YOUR CLAIM. For this discussion, the Bible IS the infallible Word of God and is taken as a concrete, credible resource. Ready, Set, GO!!!
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 2:15:22 AM
My position is that of the Oneness of God. I believe Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 10:22:42 AM
At 6/8/2015 2:12:51 AM, MrJLW100 wrote:
Is Jesus God manifest in the flesh? Or is there a trinity consisting of god the father, god the son, and god the spirit?

PLEASE USE BIBLICAL EVIDENCE TO BACK YOUR CLAIM. For this discussion, the Bible IS the infallible Word of God and is taken as a concrete, credible resource. Ready, Set, GO!!!

No it isn't!
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 10:28:09 AM
At 6/8/2015 2:15:22 AM, MrJLW100 wrote:
My position is that of the Oneness of God. I believe Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh.

God and his mind is Oneness. Everything visible and invisible came from the mind of God.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 10:32:19 AM
At 6/8/2015 10:28:09 AM, 4runner wrote:

God and his mind is Oneness. Everything visible and invisible came from the mind of God.

And your proof of that is?
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 10:36:14 AM
At 6/8/2015 10:32:19 AM, JJ50 wrote:

And your proof of that is? : :

Where is your proof that the Oneness isn't God and his mind? I don't need scriptural support like this member is asking for because written words are not proof. Science doesn't have any proof either.
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 11:42:08 AM
2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 11:43:40 AM
At 6/8/2015 10:36:14 AM, 4runner wrote:

Where is your proof that the Oneness isn't God and his mind? I don't need scriptural support like this member is asking for because written words are not proof. Science doesn't have any proof either.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 11:47:42 AM

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 2:00:17 PM

Jesus is the temple of God. God dwells in Jesus as he dwells also in disciples of Jesus.

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works. ...
John 14:10-14

But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
Romans 8:11

Don't you know that you are a temple of God, and that God's Spirit lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

For in him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily,
Colossians 2:9

And Jesus says:

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

Jesus spoke what his Father had commanded him to speak, not his own.

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."
John 12:49-50

Also Paul agrees with one God.

Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no other God but one. For though there are things that are called "gods," whether in the heavens or on earth; as there are many "gods" and many "lords;" yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we live through him.
1 Corinthians 8:4-6

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in us all.
Ephesians 4:4-6

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5

According to Paul, Jesus is image of God.

in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins; who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him were all things created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and for him.
Colossians 1:14-16
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 2:52:31 PM
At 6/8/2015 2:00:17 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Jesus is the temple of God. God dwells in Jesus as he dwells also in disciples of Jesus.

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works. ...

But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

Don't you know that you are a temple of God, and that God's Spirit lives in you?

And Jesus says:

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."

Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no other God but one. For though there are things that are called "gods," whether in the heavens or on earth; as there are many "gods" and many "lords;" yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we live through him.

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in us all.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins; who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him were all things created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and for him.

I like it man!! I don't understand how people believe the trinity of God. The Bible plainly states that Jesus Christ is the manifestation of God bodily (Colossians 2:9).

I also like the fact that in Luke 1:35 it says, "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

We see that the Holy Ghost overshadowed Mary to impregnate her. So this would mean that the Holy Ghost is the father of Jesus. So how is there any distinction between the father and the Holy Ghost? Because they are one and the same. Also, like you cited, Jesus said that I and my father are one (John 14:10-14). So if the SON and the FATHER are ONE, and the HOLY GHOST FATHERED the Son of God (Jesus), then that surely means that Jesus WAS God manifest in the flesh.

Holy Ghost = Father
Father = Son (Jesus)

thus, Holy Ghost = Father = Son

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel; the LORD our God is one LORD,"
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 2:59:01 PM

Neither one is true. John 1:14
YLT(i) 14 And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth.

As that scripture points out it was Jehovah's only begotten son, not Jehovah himself, who came to earth to take on human flesh for our sake.

Holy spirit is not even a sentient being, it is the active force which Jehovah uses, or allows others to use on his behalf, to further his purposes.

As for the Father / son relationship, it is just that. Jehovah is the Father, and the one who came to the earth to become the Christ was his only begotten son.

Only begotten?

Yes, because he was created by his father, and then used by his father in the creation of all things.

Colossians 1:13
YLT(i) 13 who did rescue us out of the authority of the darkness, and did translate us into the reign of the Son of His love,

Once you accept the truth of that, so much more in scripture starts to make sense.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:33:11 PM
At 6/8/2015 11:43:40 AM, MrJLW100 wrote:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: : :

They didn't have the New Testament written when this statement was made. The scriptures they were referring to was the Old Testament prophecies. Most Bible readers don't understand the prophecies of the OT.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:34:20 PM
At 6/8/2015 11:47:42 AM, MrJLW100 wrote:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Are you trying to teach me something I already understand?
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:38:50 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:34:20 PM, 4runner wrote:

You simply asked where my proof was, and I gave it. :)
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:40:06 PM
At 6/8/2015 2:52:31 PM, MrJLW100 wrote:

And Jesus says:

I like it man!! I don't understand how people believe the trinity of God. The Bible plainly states that Jesus Christ is the manifestation of God bodily (Colossians 2:9).

I also like the fact that in Luke 1:35 it says, "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

We see that the Holy Ghost overshadowed Mary to impregnate her. So this would mean that the Holy Ghost is the father of Jesus. So how is there any distinction between the father and the Holy Ghost? Because they are one and the same. Also, like you cited, Jesus said that I and my father are one (John 14:10-14). So if the SON and the FATHER are ONE, and the HOLY GHOST FATHERED the Son of God (Jesus), then that surely means that Jesus WAS God manifest in the flesh.

Holy Ghost = Father
Father = Son (Jesus)

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel; the LORD our God is one LORD," : :

If God is one LORD, then the word he spoke is the Holy Ghost, which was spoken through all his prophets and saints. The prophets and saints are of this world but the word of the Lord that they witnessed and spoke goes on forever. This means the Son of God means the same as the Holy Ghost, which was the word of the Lord.

Father and his Word = Oneness
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:41:02 PM
At 6/8/2015 2:59:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Neither one is true. John 1:14
YLT(i) 14 And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth.

As that scripture points out it was Jehovah's only begotten son, not Jehovah himself, who came to earth to take on human flesh for our sake.

Holy spirit is not even a sentient being, it is the active force which Jehovah uses, or allows others to use on his behalf, to further his purposes.

As for the Father / son relationship, it is just that. Jehovah is the Father, and the one who came to the earth to become the Christ was his only begotten son.

Only begotten?

Yes, because he was created by his father, and then used by his father in the creation of all things.

Colossians 1:13
YLT(i) 13 who did rescue us out of the authority of the darkness, and did translate us into the reign of the Son of His love,

Once you accept the truth of that, so much more in scripture starts to make sense.

Thank you for replying. Hope all is well.

I will reply as I did to an earlier post on this thread...

I like the fact that in Luke 1:35 it says, "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Holy Ghost = Father
Father = Son (Jesus)

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel; the LORD our God is one LORD,"
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:43:31 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:40:06 PM, 4runner wrote:

And Jesus says:

Holy Ghost = Father
Father = Son (Jesus)

If God is one LORD, then the word he spoke is the Holy Ghost, which was spoken through all his prophets and saints. The prophets and saints are of this world but the word of the Lord that they witnessed and spoke goes on forever. This means the Son of God means the same as the Holy Ghost, which was the word of the Lord.

Amen to that my friend. I assume you believe in Jesus' name baptism then also? And also in the Acts 2:38 message?

Just curious... :)
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:44:31 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:38:50 PM, MrJLW100 wrote:

You simply asked where my proof was, and I gave it. :) : :

I didn't ask you for proof. I already know God. I was telling a non-believer that scripture can't be used as proof that God exists or that he is not a triune God. God is in control of who is chosen to be his believer or not.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:48:37 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:43:31 PM, MrJLW100 wrote:

And Jesus says:

Holy Ghost = Father
Father = Son (Jesus)

Amen to that my friend. I assume you believe in Jesus' name baptism then also? And also in the Acts 2:38 message?

Just curious... :) : :

The baptism idea came from Jewish tradition by the Jews who tried to wash away their sins. There's no need for any baptism. God gets the attention of his prophets saints and believers without any need for man's intervention.

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:50:19 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:44:31 PM, 4runner wrote:

I didn't ask you for proof. I already know God. I was telling a non-believer that scripture can't be used as proof that God exists or that he is not a triune God. God is in control of who is chosen to be his believer or not.

A chosen believer and a saint like you, right?
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:52:06 PM

Sorry friend, I must've misunderstood.

Scripture can be used to prove if one believes in the Word of God. That is really the first step; to believe that the Bible is the Word of God. When this is the case, we can be assured that everything in it was put there for a purpose by the hand of God. We must believe that it was inspired by God and not take the manmade beliefs of the Bible not being a credible source.

No hard feelings friend. :)
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:53:50 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:48:37 PM, 4runner wrote:
At 6/8/2015 3:43:31 PM, MrJLW100 wrote:

And Jesus says:

Holy Ghost = Father
Father = Son (Jesus)

Just curious... :) : :

The baptism idea came from Jewish tradition by the Jews who tried to wash away their sins. There's no need for any baptism. God gets the attention of his prophets saints and believers without any need for man's intervention.

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.

Ok, so how do you believe we must be saved then?
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:55:11 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:50:19 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

A chosen believer and a saint like you, right? : :

I'm a chosen believer who believes that God created the heavens and earth. You are a member of this forum who has been reported to the authorities for harassment.
MrJLW100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 3:56:27 PM

I don't believe that God CHOOSES who believes. I believe He gives us plenty of chances to believe but ultimately we have our own free will and must choose whether or not to believe.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 4:01:51 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:52:06 PM, MrJLW100 wrote:

Sorry friend, I must've misunderstood.

Scripture can be used to prove if one believes in the Word of God. That is really the first step; to believe that the Bible is the Word of God. When this is the case, we can be assured that everything in it was put there for a purpose by the hand of God. We must believe that it was inspired by God and not take the manmade beliefs of the Bible not being a credible source.

No hard feelings friend. :) : :

The word of the Lord is spoken into the minds of His prophets, saints and believers. That's how God inspired them to write and speak for him. The NT is a mix of inspired writings by God and Jewish traditions and the religious teachings that they inherited in Babylon.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 4:04:27 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:56:27 PM, MrJLW100 wrote:

I don't believe that God CHOOSES who believes. I believe He gives us plenty of chances to believe but ultimately we have our own free will and must choose whether or not to believe. : :

You haven't read the correct teachings of God's servants in the NT or the OT. There are many scriptures that indicates God chose all his servants and believers and the fact that they have no free will to speak for him.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 4:56:13 PM
At 6/8/2015 3:55:11 PM, 4runner wrote:

I'm a chosen believer who believes that God created the heavens and earth. You are a member of this forum who has been reported to the authorities for harassment.

Okay. Still sore about being banned, huh?

Are you also something like a saint or prophet of God?

Isn't the world just an illusory simulation? No need to get upset that I'm asking you questions.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 5:31:17 PM
At 6/8/2015 4:56:13 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

Isn't the world just an illusory simulation? No need to get upset that I'm asking you questions. : :

Do you want me to report you for continued harassment?
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 8:04:45 PM
At 6/8/2015 5:31:17 PM, 4runner wrote:
At 6/8/2015 4:56:13 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

Isn't the world just an illusory simulation? No need to get upset that I'm asking you questions. : :

Do you want me to report you for continued harassment?

That is your prerogative. It doesn't bother me that you're trying avoid being caught violating your ban by trying to shut me up.