Jump to topic:

Question for Muslims

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 9:17:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since every time I come across stories about it, they seem to be based in Islamic countries, I have to ask. Does Islam support female circumsicion?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 10:18:50 AM
At 6/9/2015 9:17:45 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Since every time I come across stories about it, they seem to be based in Islamic countries, I have to ask. Does Islam support female circumsicion?

"Female Genital Mutilation occurs in non-Muslim societies in Africa and is practiced by Christians, Muslims and Animists alike. In Egypt, where perhaps 97 percent of girls suffer genital mutilation, both Christian Copts and Muslims are complicit. Thus, it has long been concluded to be a cultural practice, not connected to religion."

http://www.stopfgmmideast.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 11:13:01 AM
At 6/9/2015 10:18:50 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

"Female Genital Mutilation occurs in non-Muslim societies in Africa and is practiced by Christians, Muslims and Animists alike. In Egypt, where perhaps 97 percent of girls suffer genital mutilation, both Christian Copts and Muslims are complicit. Thus, it has long been concluded to be a cultural practice, not connected to religion."

That doesn't answer my question.

Many of those from the countries you mention are still performed by Muslims within those countries.

Also, if you bother to dig deeply enough you will find that all ancient cultural traditions were originally based on the practices of their religion or religions in the past.

To use a modern day example, the fact that Christmas customs are practices by many people, and many of those practising them are not even religious, does not change the fact that those Christmas costumes are all based on pagan practices from before the time of Christ,

You can change the label on a bottle of water to anything you like, but it remains water inside. Only by changing what is inside is valid change made.

The one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that if any claiming to be Christian perform it, then they are not Christian for all their claims. There is absolutely no way that Christ or the Apostles would sanction such a practice which has no other purpose than reducing the pleasure a woman can obtain from sex on the pretext of protecting their morality.

However, I repeat, it does not answer my question. As the title of the topic makes clear my question is purely for Muslims, and / or those who know the practices of Islam well enough to make a valid comment.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 6:31:08 PM

I would assume that some do, but I doubt that the majority of Muslims would support the idea of genital mutilation.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
rossila13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 7:26:46 PM
At 6/9/2015 6:31:08 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:

I would assume that some do, but I doubt that the majority of Muslims would support the idea of genital mutilation.

This whole debate is quite general. I would like to argue a few points here in a more specific way.

Firstly, if you bother to "dig deep", you will also find that there are many branches of Islam, just like Christians have Catholics, Lutherans, etc. Each of these branches have their specific practices. For example, you have extremists who will wage "Holy War", and then there are the Sufies who are peaceful. Also, it depends on the individual person as to how they interpret the Holy Books. Some Christians are die-hard Christians who truly believe that God made the World in seven days and in that order, while others see past the details and see the message of God making the World, independent of such specifics.

Therefore, if you want to ask Muslims a question, make it less general, because it is such a diverse religion. Also, the practices of specific regions come into play. This question cannot be answered purely on religious terms.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 4:19:24 AM

Response: Absolutely not. Unfortunately, that was the culture prior to Islam so when people from these cultures become Muslim, they continue in this culture which makes it appear as though Islam teaches. Yet Islam does not. Even Christians, Hindus, and other religious people in those regions practice female circumsicion. A cultural practice. Not a religious one.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:36:30 AM
At 6/9/2015 11:13:01 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Yes, it does, but I know you're just too damn belligerent and obtuse to admit that.

Many of those from the countries you mention are still performed by Muslims within those countries.

And Christians.

Also, if you bother to dig deeply enough you will find that all ancient cultural traditions were originally based on the practices of their religion or religions in the past.

Where is your evidence for that claim?

To use a modern day example, the fact that Christmas customs are practices by many people, and many of those practising them are not even religious, does not change the fact that those Christmas costumes are all based on pagan practices from before the time of Christ,

Now, you're just making up stuff again.

You can change the label on a bottle of water to anything you like, but it remains water inside. Only by changing what is inside is valid change made.

Irrelevant nonsense.

The one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that if any claiming to be Christian perform it, then they are not Christian for all their claims.

Ah, the No True Scotsman fallacy. Typical.

There is absolutely no way that Christ or the Apostles would sanction such a practice which has no other purpose than reducing the pleasure a woman can obtain from sex on the pretext of protecting their morality.

And yet, Christians perform Female Genital Mutilation, despite your denials.

However, I repeat, it does not answer my question. As the title of the topic makes clear my question is purely for Muslims, and / or those who know the practices of Islam well enough to make a valid comment.

LOL. Obtuse and belligerent to the very end. What an a$$. Hilarious.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 6:17:01 PM
Nope.

Female genital mutilation is more attributed to geographical location than actual religion; which is hence why it generally happens in the most impoverished and poorly educated areas of the world. FGM was something that was practiced in the African region long before Islam.

And as far as I know there is *nothing* actually in the Qur'an advocating it or stating that it should be a requirement.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 11:05:49 PM

The one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that if any claiming to be Christian perform it, then they are not Christian for all their claims. There is absolutely no way that Christ or the Apostles would sanction such a practice which has no other purpose than reducing the pleasure a woman can obtain from sex on the pretext of protecting their morality.

Something tells me that any discussion by you of "pleasure a woman can obtain from sex" is based upon second-hand information.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:12:13 PM
At 6/10/2015 11:05:49 PM, annanicole wrote:

Something tells me that any discussion by you of "pleasure a woman can obtain from sex" is based upon second-hand information.

Well not being a woman that much is relatiovely obvious.

However, that information comes, not only from medical sources, but from women themselves, some of whom, I suspect, knew far more about that subject than you are ever likely to.

Do you actually know what female circumcision entails?

Women do not have a foreskin as such, however they do have a vestigial penis, the clitoris. Female circumcision entails the complete removal of that small, but vital organ.

How many women have you spoken with who have undergone that?

How much pleasure would you obtain from sex if your clitoris had been removed?

Female circumcision is intended to eliminate female masturbation, and thus reduce the temptation to indulge in sexual activity of any variety.

It is in fact a painful operation all too often carried out with a simple pair of scissors, since there is no finesse required, it is simply the complete removal of the "offending" body part at it's "root".

It is, in fact, the equivalent of a man having his penis removed.

I get the distinct impression that you know even less about sex than you do about scripture, and that is very little indeed, lol.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:15:09 PM
At 6/10/2015 6:17:01 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Nope.

Female genital mutilation is more attributed to geographical location than actual religion; which is hence why it generally happens in the most impoverished and poorly educated areas of the world. FGM was something that was practiced in the African region long before Islam.

And as far as I know there is *nothing* actually in the Qur'an advocating it or stating that it should be a requirement.

Just because we do not any longer attribute it to religions as much as geographical location does not mean it doesn't have it's roots in the religious practices of that area.

However my question was simply about it's links with Islam. I have never denied there were other sources of it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:18:08 PM

FGM is never practised by Christians, though it may well be by those professing to be Christian but not living by it's rules or standards, but adopting pre-existing local practices.

True Christianity is absolutely against FGM. Christ would have, and will, condemned any who practice it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:23:42 PM
At 6/9/2015 7:26:46 PM, rossila13 wrote:

This whole debate is quite general. I would like to argue a few points here in a more specific way.

Firstly, if you bother to "dig deep", you will also find that there are many branches of Islam, just like Christians have Catholics, Lutherans, etc. Each of these branches have their specific practices. For example, you have extremists who will wage "Holy War", and then there are the Sufies who are peaceful. Also, it depends on the individual person as to how they interpret the Holy Books. Some Christians are die-hard Christians who truly believe that God made the World in seven days and in that order, while others see past the details and see the message of God making the World, independent of such specifics.

Therefore, if you want to ask Muslims a question, make it less general, because it is such a diverse religion. Also, the practices of specific regions come into play. This question cannot be answered purely on religious terms.

No, there is only one true branch of Christianity, and only one set of teachings. Any teaching other than what Christ and the Apostles did, which means the vast majority, have no real right to call themselves Christian, and will pay the price for doing so. Matthew 7:21-23.

I agree Islam, like all false religions, is also divided amongst itself, since Satan is not interested in unity, and division suits his purposes perfectly.

However my question is addressed to all varieties of Islam, and I am hoping I may get an honest answer from them.

However I am not very confident from that since there God is, in common with the vast majority of what falsely calls itself "Christian", in effect Satan, not the True God, whio desires complete unity amongst his followers, and those of his son.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:28:27 PM
At 6/10/2015 9:36:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yes, it does, but I know you're just too damn belligerent and obtuse to admit that.

No, it doesn't because it takes it into realms which my question does not cover. My question is restricted to Islam, not other practitioners of FGM, of which I appreciate there are a number.

Since my question is addressed to followers of Islam, only followers of Islam can truly answer it.

And Christians.

Irrelevant nonsense.

The one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that if any claiming to be Christian perform it, then they are not Christian for all their claims.

There is absolutely no way that Christ or the Apostles would sanction such a practice which has no other purpose than reducing the pleasure a woman can obtain from sex on the pretext of protecting their morality.

No, they do not. None who practice it have any right to call themselves Christians, and are Christian in name only.

Just like you are an adult human male in name only, lol.

I think it is you who is being "obtuse and belligerent" deliberately to achieve and effect you cannot possibly achieve, lol.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:33:01 PM
Nope.

I have never denied that, my question simply doe not address that.

Well, that is at least part of an answer, though it would hold more credibility if it came from am practice of Islam.

If you want to know the truth about what Islam teaches, in any or all of it's incarnations, only one who teaches it can truly answer with authority.

The same goes for all faiths, including the JWs. ask anywhere else and you will get distorted ideas about their teaching, ask a Muslim and you will at least get part of the truth if not all of it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 8:15:40 AM
At 6/14/2015 6:33:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Nope.

Well, that is at least part of an answer, though it would hold more credibility if it came from am practice of Islam.

If you want to know the truth about what Islam teaches, in any or all of it's incarnations, only one who teaches it can truly answer with authority.

The same goes for all faiths, including the JWs. ask anywhere else and you will get distorted ideas about their teaching, ask a Muslim and you will at least get part of the truth if not all of it.

Only those who practice what they preach should be heard. You have been disfellowshipped and shunned because you did not practice what you were taught and therefore disqualified yourself. Why are you continuing to disobey the JW elders?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:03:13 AM
At 6/14/2015 6:18:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

FGM is never practised by Christians, though it may well be by those professing to be Christian but not living by it's rules or standards, but adopting pre-existing local practices.

True Christianity is absolutely against FGM. Christ would have, and will, condemned any who practice it.

LOL. Sorry, you do not define what Christians are or are not. You would be one of the very first Christ would condemn, ask anyone here.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:08:28 AM
At 6/14/2015 6:28:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/10/2015 9:36:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

No, it doesn't because it takes it into realms which my question does not cover. My question is restricted to Islam, not other practitioners of FGM, of which I appreciate there are a number.

Since my question is addressed to followers of Islam, only followers of Islam can truly answer it.

LOL. Answers are not based on who offers them.

And Christians.

Irrelevant nonsense.

No, they do not. None who practice it have any right to call themselves Christians, and are Christian in name only.

Do you actually believe anyone cares of who you decide who has a right to call themselves Christians? If that were the case, no one here would agree you were a Christian.

Just like you are an adult human male in name only, lol.

I think it is you who is being "obtuse and belligerent" deliberately to achieve and effect you cannot possibly achieve, lol.

Just like a child in a kindergarten playground shouting out, "I know you are but what am I?" LOL.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:53:59 AM
At 6/15/2015 8:15:40 AM, Harikrish wrote:
Nope.

Only those who practice what they preach should be heard. You have been disfellowshipped and shunned because you did not practice what you were taught and therefore disqualified yourself. Why are you continuing to disobey the JW elders?

I do not, they have no influence over me whilst I am on the outside.

However I do obey Jehovah, and I do practice what I preach, though I am not afraid to admit I have failed to at time.

However when I did fail to practice it, I ceased preaching it also, and became inactive.

The proof of that is in the simple fact that I do get holy spirit guidance, as I only ever have done when faithful to Jehovah. Jehovah always makes sure that you know when you are on either a right or a wrong path.

After all, it is to his benefit to encourage us when we are, and discourage us when we are not.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 10:57:44 AM
At 6/15/2015 9:53:59 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Nope.

However I do obey Jehovah, and I do practice what I preach, though I am not afraid to admit I have failed to at time.

However when I did fail to practice it, I ceased preaching it also, and became inactive.

The proof of that is in the simple fact that I do get holy spirit guidance

MCB: "The proof of that is in the simple fact that I do get holy spirit guidance."

LMAO. Still claiming that? And the proof of your claim? Why, you claimed that you just too dim-witted, too dumb to remember very many passages all on your own; therefore, when you can recall more passages than you thought possible, it's "holy spirit guidance." I'm afraid that doesn't count for much. It's supremely circular.

Others who make such claims: the Pope, 7th-Day Adventists, Pentecostals, Joseph Smith, Ellen White, a multiplicity of folks that you deem "apostate". Their proof is as good as yours, since they all amount to no proof at all. In fact, they have a better claim since they do not have a sordid history of false predictions.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 11:01:15 AM

The proof of that is in the simple fact that I do get holy spirit guidance...

Translation: "I'm insane"
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 12:49:32 PM
Nope.

The proof of that is in the simple fact that I do get holy spirit guidance, as I only ever have done when faithful to Jehovah. Jehovah always makes sure that you know when you are on either a right or a wrong path.

After all, it is to his benefit to encourage us when we are, and discourage us when we are not.
It is a bit presumptuous to say a serial adulterer with suicidal tendencies and chronically depressed is a benefit to God. You were not even good enough for the JW and that is why you were disfellowshipped and shunned. Why are you in such denial? You are a reject by any standard.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 6:22:05 PM
At 6/15/2015 12:49:32 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Nope.

It is a bit presumptuous to say a serial adulterer with suicidal tendencies and chronically depressed is a benefit to God. You were not even good enough for the JW and that is why you were disfellowshipped and shunned. Why are you in such denial? You are a reject by any standard.

Not at all. As long as these things are in the past, that is all that matters.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
ASV(i) 9 Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.

That last verse is me, and all those like me, no matter what our past sins have been, as long as they remain past.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 6:23:57 PM
At 6/15/2015 11:01:15 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Nope, that is your personal mistranslation. You are terrified that it just might be true, lol, and in fact it is.

Dangermouse, lol, only dangerous to himself.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 6:46:01 PM
At 6/15/2015 6:23:57 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Nope, that is your personal mistranslation. You are terrified that it just might be true, lol, and in fact it is.

Yup, that's what an insane person would say. LOL.

I'm far more terrified of the coming of the Great White Handkerchief considering the universe was sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:45:15 AM
At 6/15/2015 6:22:05 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/15/2015 12:49:32 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Nope.

Not at all. As long as these things are in the past, that is all that matters.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
ASV(i) 9 Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.

That last verse is me, and all those like me, no matter what our past sins have been, as long as they remain past.

You don't know your scriptures. Those are the words of Paul and not Jesus. Paul never knew Jesus nor was he a disciple of Jesus. His writings are known as the Pauline Doctrines or Pauline Christianity which runs counter to what Jesus taught.

Searching for scriptural verses to support your disfellowshipped and shunning doesn't hide the fact your words mean very little and your elders continue to refuse to reinstate you. If people who knew you rejected you, there is little room here for deceitful/despicable people like you who carry a very unflattering resume.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:47:06 AM
At 6/15/2015 6:46:01 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I'm far more terrified of the coming of the Great White Handkerchief considering the universe was sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure.

Ah, but it is also what a sane person like me would say, lol.

Yes, I've reads all 5 books in the HHGTTG trilogy also, as well as the follow on book.

Your posts make about as much sense also, lol..

Maybe I should call you Agrajag rather than Dangermouse, lol.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 9:03:35 AM
At 6/16/2015 8:47:06 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It would be, if it had anything to do with reality, but it doesn't, just like the coming of the Great White Handkerchief.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 9:24:09 AM

Depends which country you are in. Malaysia is a good example where the National Council of Muslim affairs made it obligatory in 2009. Something over 90% of Muslim women have had their clitoris either removed or a small portion removed in Malaysia.

That is the problem with religion. Since it is human made and regulated it easily can pick up tenets which are well above and beyond tenets when the religion began. Female circumcision is one which grew from culture and views of sexuality, but it clearly has been picked up by more conservative religious interpretations including Islam.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 1:33:31 PM
At 6/16/2015 9:03:35 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/16/2015 8:47:06 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It would be, if it had anything to do with reality, but it doesn't, just like the coming of the Great White Handkerchief.

everything I post concerns the true reality Dangermousse, just not the false one you cling to.

Much as you want to, you cannot change that.