Jump to topic:

The RCC Merchandising Salvation: Cult or Not

Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 6:57:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The RCC Merchandising Salvation: Cult or Not Cult?

http://www.controversyextraordinary.com...

What is cult? The Oxford dictionary refers to it as: 1) A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object; 2) A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister; and 3) A misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.

The first point is on directing one"s worship to one that is not God; the second one is focused on its small quantity, and the third is about undeserved worship.

The Catholic Church clearly satisfies Points 1 and 3, but not Point 2 because of their large number. As we have earlier pointed out, the Catholic Church has many false doctrines; and secondly, true and direct prayer to God is being hijacked by their Rosary tradition of prayer. But we are going ahead of the story.

The question is, does number indicate whether one"s belief is true or false? The point is that calling one"s group a cult is an easy way out to denigrate another"s group without the benefit of an argued assessment. Hence, whether one is cult or not is not a safe measure at arriving at truth. The best is still to measure one"s beliefs against biblical truth or the word of God.

But let us disabuse the mind of this Catholic priest who keeps calling the Members Church of God International (MCGI) as cult for the meantime. This was his answer to the many discussions I had, pointing out that the Catholic Church is fake as it is faking Christ and its followers too low.

I pointed out earlier that the Catholic Church is already a fake church, but it does not mind doing the faking good. To explain, I gave the example of those who might fake Nike products so would try their very best to imitate the product from design, material, flexibility, support to the body, stitching, and sound or looks when used. They would try their very best to approximate the real thing. But this priest was not answering the points I raised. He mainly called the MCGI cult. He even gave his own definition " and later, you will see how he amounts to, because we will be applying his definition against his own church, the RCC.

Originally and etymologically, the word (cult) has nothing evil to imply, but our present day"s fundamentalists and surprisingly even the Catholic Church, existing beyond the fundamentals of the gospel, are using the word to denote something evil. Steve Shott (@FrShott), whom I want to call a lying priest, implied something evil using the same to describe MCGI.

CULT

[Early 17th century. Directly or via French (Latin cultus "worship" < colere "cultivate" ]

Source: Encarta Dictionary

In the beginning, it only pointed to worship. If I, as a writer, were to live behind for the mean time the etymological meaning of the word "cult" was at work and apply the definition used by this priest, it would not work.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, he describes the word as "denial of even one central doctrine." These exchanges can be found in Twitter. Here"s Steve Shott tweeting his own definitions -

Delving into the preferred meaning of this priest, let us consider our analysis from the Bible.

The central doctrine of the gospel of Christianity and of Christ is definitely one that is to make known the grandeur of the Father of the Lord!

JOHN 7:17-18

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Nothing else can do. What is clearly to be spoken of is the central doctrine of the gospel of Christianity and of Christ, making known the grandeur of the Father of the Lord! Therefore, if you are a preacher, that is what you must do. You must preach Christ and what He has passed down from the Father. If you are a Church, your doctrines must be of Christ " not of Mary, not of the saints who are also human beings.

MATTHEW 11:27

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Since the time of the existence of the first man and woman who inhabited this earth, the Father was unknown to everybody until the time of the preaching of the Lord Jesus Christ whose central intention is to make known the Father Almighty, the Supreme Being, and Creator of the universe and all those things that exist beyond it.

JOHN 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. He made known His being.

JOHN 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Christ revealed God"s name and told Christians to worship it " and nothing else.

JOHN 17:6, 26

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

MATTHEW 6:9

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

One sent, like the Lord Jesus Christ, doesn"t seek His own glory. So if you were sent, you should not seek your own glory. You do not perpetuate the practice of people who try to embed their names to be glorified.

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Christ wants the glory of the Father to be known unto all creatures.

JOHN 14:28

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

JOHN 10:29

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

To conclude, the central doctrine of the gospel of Christ and of the entire Bible is built on making man realize the greatness of the Creator.

PSALMS 100:3-5

3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

If a cult is a group or a church that deviates or denies the central doctrine of the gospel (accommodating Steve Shott's definition), then by analysis we will find out which truly is a "cult" among the main religious groups that exist nowadays.

Claiming primacy since time immemorial is the Catholic Church. Let us put them in our bathtub of hot water first. Does the Catholic Church adhere to the central doctrine of the gospel in acknowledging God as the most powerful Supreme Being that exists?

The answer is a very big NO! The RCC has placed the Father in equal category with the Son and the Holy Spirit against the central doctrine of the BIBLE.
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 6:58:01 PM
Here are excerpts in English -

The following verses speak of Christ submitting the Kingdom to God at the end. How can Christ now be greater than the Father? The Holy Spirit is sent, so the sender should be greater than the sent one. How can they be equal then? Elementary! But the RCC cannot see that truth.

1 CORINTHIANS 15:24-28

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

JOHN 13:16

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

They even call Mary "God almighty" and what a fantastic lie! This Tagalog Catholic prayer translates Mary into God Almighty.

Translated in English, this is the prayer to Mary: "Have mercy, my Mother, to us to desire to worship you, honor and glorify you with total love above all, because you are God that is merciful and powerful of all. Bestow unto us, O, my God, your protection and blessings of heart and soul in life and death until forever. Amen."

Take note that there are two authorities mentioned here, allowing for printing and publication. Take note also of the extreme similarities with extollation of Mary as found in "The True Devotion to Mary" by Saint Louis de Montfort. (We have earlier mentioned this book in relation to rosary).

The tradition of calling Mary as Mother of God is explained as follows: Two hundred Catholic Priests met at Ephesus at their Frist Council in 431 AD and decided upon calling Mary the Mother of God. Their reason is on account of her son, Jesus who is both God and man, divine and human. (Ref: "The Canons of the Two Hundred Holy and Blessed Fathers Who Met at Ephesus." ChristianClassicsEtherealLibrary.Org June 1, 2005). See? Only their predecessors said so " not God.

They didn"t only demote the Father to the rank of the Son, even worse to the rank of Mary, who confessed in the Bible to be a humble servant of the Lord.

LUKE 1:38 (Bible in Basic English)

And Mary said: I am the servant of the Lord; may it be to me as you say. And the angel went away.

They placed the Father in a situation not found in the gospel in their doctrine that the Holy Spirit is the husband of Mary.

Here"s an excerpted English version of a Catholic teaching that Mary is the spouse of the Holy Ghost. This was taken from "Introduction " in the book, "True Devotion to Mary" by Saint Louis de Montfort. The site says the book was translated from the original French by Reverend Frederick William Faber, D.D. The book was originally published in 1863. The book was commended by 8 popes and the Vatican Council (1962"1965). (http://www.ecatholic2000.com...)

The Father must be the central figure of worship. Substituting Him for anyone without His permission is a lie that is satanic.

ROMANS 1:25

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

John 8.44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The RCC worships angels utterly prohibited in the Bible. Angels themselves give this prohibition. Angels of God did not want to be worshipped! If you place honor to angels as if they could do something that God can do, isn"t that a form of idolatry?

REVELATIONS 22:9

Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

What is worse is to teach that saints, their persons, their image, and their relics must be worshipped also. Here"s part of their Catechism -

Another truth is that the Father offers salvation without money " and that is at the central doctrine of the Bible.

REVELATIONS 3:17-18

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

ISAIAH 55:1

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

But here comes the Catholic Church that collects money at every turn. The RCC does the opposite of what the Father does. In fact, with the RCC, even forgiveness of sin can be bought by the doctrine of indulgence.

MATTHEW 10:8

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

2 CORINTHIANS 11:7

Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

In the cities, even in malls today, you can see people selling Mass Cards. That is because with the Catholic Church, everything is being sold. Salvation is not free. Below are receipts showing that among their rites, baptism is being paid in the Catholic parishes. And yet Baptism to them is with babies " people who have no need of repentance and who do not understand what he or she is undergoing.

PROVERBS 23:23

Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

The RCC is full of general merchandise.

REVELATIONS 18:12-13

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

Those that sell doctrines must not only be called "cult" but are charged by the Bible as "false prophets" and "false teachers."

2 PETER 2:1-3

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

The idea of praying, kneeling down to and worshiping graven images is just one of the most abominable doctrines of the RCC.

ACTS 17:29

Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

1 PETER 4:3

For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

PSALMS 115:4-8

4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.

5 They have mouths, but t
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 6:58:13 PM
6 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:

7 They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.

8 They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.

DEUTERONOMY 5:7-9

7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Just consider these few amid the surplus of invented doctrines of the RCC, with the evidences presented. So which really is a "cult," the MCGI or the RCC?

Truly yours,

Brother Eli Soriano
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 11:57:28 PM
At 6/9/2015 7:35:11 PM, bulproof wrote:
What is your religion and where does it come from?

come from the bible...1corinthians 1:1-2
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 2:30:09 AM
There is a lot of merchandising of 'salvation', whatever that word really means. The unpleasant 'born again' cult do a lot of it!
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 4:41:03 AM
At 6/9/2015 6:57:26 PM, Bendido wrote:

http://www.controversyextraordinary.com...

What is cult? The Oxford dictionary refers to it as: 1) A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object; 2) A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister; and 3) A misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.

The first point is on directing one"s worship to one that is not God; the second one is focused on its small quantity, and the third is about undeserved worship.

The Catholic Church clearly satisfies Points 1 and 3, but not Point 2 because of their large number. As we have earlier pointed out, the Catholic Church has many false doctrines; and secondly, true and direct prayer to God is being hijacked by their Rosary tradition of prayer. But we are going ahead of the story.

The question is, does number indicate whether one"s belief is true or false? The point is that calling one"s group a cult is an easy way out to denigrate another"s group without the benefit of an argued assessment. Hence, whether one is cult or not is not a safe measure at arriving at truth. The best is still to measure one"s beliefs against biblical truth or the word of God.

But let us disabuse the mind of this Catholic priest who keeps calling the Members Church of God International (MCGI) as cult for the meantime. This was his answer to the many discussions I had, pointing out that the Catholic Church is fake as it is faking Christ and its followers too low.

I pointed out earlier that the Catholic Church is already a fake church, but it does not mind doing the faking good. To explain, I gave the example of those who might fake Nike products so would try their very best to imitate the product from design, material, flexibility, support to the body, stitching, and sound or looks when used. They would try their very best to approximate the real thing. But this priest was not answering the points I raised. He mainly called the MCGI cult. He even gave his own definition " and later, you will see how he amounts to, because we will be applying his definition against his own church, the RCC.

Originally and etymologically, the word (cult) has nothing evil to imply, but our present day"s fundamentalists and surprisingly even the Catholic Church, existing beyond the fundamentals of the gospel, are using the word to denote something evil. Steve Shott (@FrShott), whom I want to call a lying priest, implied something evil using the same to describe MCGI.

CULT

[Early 17th century. Directly or via French (Latin cultus "worship" < colere "cultivate" ]

Source: Encarta Dictionary

In the beginning, it only pointed to worship. If I, as a writer, were to live behind for the mean time the etymological meaning of the word "cult" was at work and apply the definition used by this priest, it would not work.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, he describes the word as "denial of even one central doctrine." These exchanges can be found in Twitter. Here"s Steve Shott tweeting his own definitions -

Delving into the preferred meaning of this priest, let us consider our analysis from the Bible.

The central doctrine of the gospel of Christianity and of Christ is definitely one that is to make known the grandeur of the Father of the Lord!

Nothing else can do. What is clearly to be spoken of is the central doctrine of the gospel of Christianity and of Christ, making known the grandeur of the Father of the Lord! Therefore, if you are a preacher, that is what you must do. You must preach Christ and what He has passed down from the Father. If you are a Church, your doctrines must be of Christ " not of Mary, not of the saints who are also human beings.

MATTHEW 11:27

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Since the time of the existence of the first man and woman who inhabited this earth, the Father was unknown to everybody until the time of the preaching of the Lord Jesus Christ whose central intention is to make known the Father Almighty, the Supreme Being, and Creator of the universe and all those things that exist beyond it.

JOHN 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. He made known His being.

JOHN 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Christ revealed God"s name and told Christians to worship it " and nothing else.

JOHN 17:6, 26

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

MATTHEW 6:9

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

One sent, like the Lord Jesus Christ, doesn"t seek His own glory. So if you were sent, you should not seek your own glory. You do not perpetuate the practice of people who try to embed their names to be glorified.

Christ wants the glory of the Father to be known unto all creatures.

JOHN 14:28

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

JOHN 10:29

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

To conclude, the central doctrine of the gospel of Christ and of the entire Bible is built on making man realize the greatness of the Creator.

If a cult is a group or a church that deviates or denies the central doctrine of the gospel (accommodating Steve Shott's definition), then by analysis we will find out which truly is a "cult" among the main religious groups that exist nowadays.

Claiming primacy since time immemorial is the Catholic Church. Let us put them in our bathtub of hot water first. Does the Catholic Church adhere to the central doctrine of the gospel in acknowledging God as the most powerful Supreme Being that exists?

The answer is a very big NO! The RCC has placed the Father in equal category with the Son and the Holy Spirit against the central doctrine of the BIBLE.

As a Catholic, I believe everything the Bible says. I just don't necessarily accept your fallible interpretations.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 5:32:48 AM
At 6/9/2015 11:57:28 PM, Bendido wrote:
At 6/9/2015 7:35:11 PM, bulproof wrote:
What is your religion and where does it come from?

come from the bible...1corinthians 1:1-2

So you are a corinthian? WOW
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 10:50:13 AM
At 6/9/2015 6:58:13 PM, Bendido wrote:
So which really is a "cult," the MCGI or the RCC?

Truly yours,

Brother Eli Soriano

This sure looks like a cult:

http://www.mcgi.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 3:18:08 PM
Please stop. You don't debate or discuss. You just clutter up the forums with stuff you copy from some other website.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:32:39 AM

Bendido Good to meet you...
I am a Catholic..... Looks to me like you have a grudge. I read your posts.... What you forget is.. Catholics believe the scriptures! To be anything other then Catholic you will have to deny reject or twist the scriptures!

Sure you post verses... But you have to ask... Do you believe them or do they even pertain to you!!?! Scriptures must be taken as a whole... One verse here and another there does not paint the correct picture, jumping around verse to verse is used to distort the truth! As you did!!!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 10:49:30 AM
At 6/14/2015 9:32:39 AM, Dogknox wrote:

I am a Catholic..... Looks to me like you have a grudge.

Then you are something that Paul and Peter and John never claimed to be.

I read your posts.... What you forget is.. Catholics believe the scriptures! To be anything other then Catholic you will have to deny reject or twist the scriptures!

Ummm .... Catholics place their own "traditions" and claims well above the scriptures. You have done so on here many, many times.

Sure you post verses... But you have to ask... Do you believe them or do they even pertain to you!!?! Scriptures must be taken as a whole... One verse here and another there does not paint the correct picture, jumping around verse to verse is used to distort the truth! As you did!!!

To the contrary, Catholics claim that they really, really, REALLY - when you get right down to it - do not, as individuals, even need the scriptures. That's why the Catholic Church has seen fit to actually ban the reading of the Bible at certain points in history.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 11:20:21 AM
At 6/14/2015 10:49:30 AM, annanicole wrote:

I read your posts.... What you forget is.. Catholics believe the scriptures! To be anything other then Catholic you will have to deny reject or twist the scriptures!

Ummm .... Catholics place their own "traditions" and claims well above the scriptures. You have done so on here many, many times.

To the contrary, Catholics claim that they really, really, REALLY - when you get right down to it - do not, as individuals, even need the scriptures. That's why the Catholic Church has seen fit to actually ban the reading of the Bible at certain points in history.

annanicole Think about what you have said..
You have the TRADITION of "Scriptures ALONE are all I need"!
You have the TRADITION of Symbolic Communion!
You have the TRADITION of.. "Jesus' church failed and your church eighteen hundred years AFTER Jesus; Needs to come to the rescue for Jesus to get his body back to him!"
You have your little popes TRADITION.. Your Church and Pastors DECIDE and TEACH what THEY feel is truth"!
You have the TRADITION of.. "All are Priests; Priests with NO sacrifice!"
You have the TRADITION... People did use the SCRIPTURES from year one until the bible was made 400 years after Jesus!
You have the TRADITION... Any and all bibles are the same!
You have the TRADITION... "There is NO priests in Jesus' church"!
You have the TRADITION... "Apostolic means.. TEACHING as an Apostle!"
You have your TRADITION of.. "Infants do NOT need Jesus"!

You have your TRADITION that are NOT biblical or coming from the Early Church!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 11:30:02 AM
At 6/14/2015 11:20:21 AM, Dogknox wrote:

I do not refer to any "traditions" as an authority for anything. You do. There's the difference.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 1:29:14 PM
At 6/14/2015 11:30:02 AM, annanicole wrote:

I do not refer to any "traditions" as an authority for anything. You do. There's the difference.

There can only be one truth... you reject AUTHORITY.... Thus TRUTH!
TRUTH.... The ONE Church Jesus established has all of God' AUTHORITY to TEACH all nations!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 2:33:12 PM
At 6/14/2015 1:29:14 PM, Dogknox wrote:

TRUTH.... The ONE Church Jesus established has all of God' AUTHORITY to TEACH all nations!

I said, " I do not refer to any "traditions" as an authority for anything. You do. There's the difference."

You simply believe whatever the Catholic Church tells you to believe. Hence, you do NOT rely on the scriptures, period. You believe a number of things that you can't even FIND in the scriptures.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:29:41 PM
At 6/14/2015 2:33:12 PM, annanicole wrote:

I said, " I do not refer to any "traditions" as an authority for anything. You do. There's the difference."

You simply believe whatever the Catholic Church tells you to believe. Hence, you do NOT rely on the scriptures, period. You believe a number of things that you can't even FIND in the scriptures.

Hello I hope you are well..
I reply: You said... " I do not refer to any "traditions" as an authority for anything."
1) The idea of "The Scriptures are the sole AUTHORITY" is a TRADITION of >YOURS<!!!!! It is a TRADITION that first appeared with the De-Formation 1700 years AFTER Jesus! You TRUST this TRADITION for YOUR SALVATION!!!!! :-(

2) The TRADITION of "Trusting in the TEACHINGS of your CHURCH and it's pastors" is > YOUR < TRUSTING in CHURCH and MEN'S TRADITION for YOUR salvation!!!!

3) The TRADITION OF: "Jesus' Church FAILED" is YOUR trusting YOUR Salvation in this TRADITION!!! Otherwise you would find salvation in the Holy Blameless Catholic Church!

4) The TRADITION of: "The Holy Spirit ERRED and LEFT the One Church Jesus established" is YOUR TRADITION!!! YOU YOURSELF place your salvation in this TRADITION! You MUST trust the Holy Spirit erred or you would find salvation in the ONLY Church Jesus established!

5) The TRADITION of: "SYMBOLIC COMMUNION started by the De-FORMERS" means DEATH TO YOU IF YOUR TRADITION is wrong!!!!
annanicole " You do refer to "traditions" as an authority for your very salvationt"

LOOK.... You are right or I am right... One of us MUST be wrong, one of us is in Jeopardy of losing salvation!!!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Do you see it?? "HAS ETERNAL LIFE!!!!" THIS IS NO JOKING MATTER!!!!!!

annanicole this is very very very serious..... I am NOT a joker... This means salvation and ETERNAL LIFE!!!!! I point out... The one Church Jesus established has ALWAYS believed the above verses word for word!!! When the Orthodox church split with the Pope is 1054 A.D. they believed the verses (above) word for word.. and today they still believe "Jesus flesh is real food"! PROVING Christians have ALWAYS Believed "Jesus flesh is real food and ETERNAL LIFE is eaten!!" EVEN....
annanicole Even Martin Luther and Calvin the first De-Formers believed in the real presents and the ETERNAL salvation it offered! Your church and many other False Teachers have taught it is only Symbolic food!!
The two are polar opposites your man made church and it's TRADITION of symbolic Communion or Christians!!! One is right and has the of ETERNAL SALVATION the other MUST be a LIE and in danger of losing Eternal salvation!!!!!

annanicole " You do refer to "Traditions" as an authority for your very salvation"
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:35:05 PM
At 6/14/2015 6:29:41 PM, Dogknox wrote:

I reply: You said... " I do not refer to any "traditions" as an authority for anything."
1) The idea of "The Scriptures are the sole AUTHORITY" is a TRADITION of >YOURS<!!!!! It is a TRADITION that first appeared with the De-Formation 1700 years AFTER Jesus! You TRUST this TRADITION for YOUR SALVATION!!!!! :-(

"The Scripture are the sole authority" is not my "tradition", nor is it a tradition at all. It wasn't a "tradition" in the first century, either. My "tradition" is that I accept ANY bonafide revelation from God, period. I reject the bogus ones, and I reject the obvious pretenders. Would you care to elaborate upon what bonafide revelations from God exist in the 21st century, other than His inspired word?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:10:46 PM
At 6/14/2015 6:35:05 PM, annanicole wrote:

"The Scripture are the sole authority" is not my "tradition", nor is it a tradition at all. It wasn't a "tradition" in the first century, either. My "tradition" is that I accept ANY bonafide revelation from God, period. I reject the bogus ones, and I reject the obvious pretenders. Would you care to elaborate upon what bonafide revelations from God exist in the 21st century, other than His inspired word?

annanicole "The Scripture are the sole authority" IS A TRADITION!!! It is NOT found in the scriptures thus it can only be a TRADITION!!! NO PLACE IN THE SCRIPTURES can you point at and say.. "This scriptures says the Scriptures are the AUTHORITY!" NO PLACE!
The very idea of the scriptures are the ONLY authority is NOT LOGICAL!!!

Jesus commanded his CHURCH to TEACH all nations with all of God' authority!
Jesus' words tell you; "The CHURCH is the Pillar and the foundation of truth!"
Jesus has PROMISED to never leave his CHURCH!!!
Jesus left the Keys of AUTHORITY of heaven and earth to PETER the Key holder"!
Jesus' Church is HOLY without stain BLAMELESS!
Jesus' Body is his CHURCH!
Jesus commissioned his CHURCH to make disciples BAPTIZING!! CHURCH is the AUTHORITY not the scriptures!
annanicole NO PLACE is found in the scriptures that supports your beliefs!

Scriptures are "USEFUL" for teaching, rebuking, training and correcting!!!
annanicole Church ALONE has the authority to Teach, Train, Correct and Rebuke!!

Wikipedia encyclopedia
Churches of Christ seek to practice the principle of the Bible being the only source to find doctrine (known elsewhere as "sola scriptura"). & Participants in this movement sought to base doctrine and practice on the Bible alone, rather than recognizing the traditional councils and denominational hierarchies that had come to define Christianity since the first century A.D.

annanicole Your church stands on this belief.. " Bible being the only source to find doctrine (known elsewhere as "sola scriptura")
It is the principle tenet of your man made church!

Your words... My "tradition" is that I accept ANY bonafide revelation from God, period.

I ask: Give me the bonafide revelation from God, THAT.. Jesus' followers will fail!! Your whole Church stands or will fall on this one point!!!
QUESTION: Does Jesus need your "churches of Christ" to help him restore his Body!? If yes.. Give me the scriptures to support it!

John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever

WITH YOU FOREVER!!! Not logical for God to lie!!!
annanicole Can only be your man made church is the LIE!

The verse above.. "Jesus is address his followers!!!!" John 14:16 is NOT addressed to the "churches of Christ" started by a man named Campbell in 1906!! It is addressed to CHRISTIANS, Christ Followers: Catholics every one!!!

I ask: Give me a bonafide revelation from God, THAT: Communion is SYMBOLIC!!!!
annanicole Your Salvation or Damnation hinges on this one point!!! Point me to the scriptures that say.."My flesh is NOT real food; I was just kidding when I said it was"!!

annanicole I ask: Give me a bonafide revelation from God, THAT THIS VERSE IS A METAPHOR: "51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Before you answer remember.. CHRISTIANS have ALWAYS trusted the scriptures to mean it is the REAL PRESENTS OF JESUS in the bread and wine!!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 9:16:32 PM
At 6/14/2015 9:10:46 PM, Dogknox wrote:

annanicole "The Scripture are the sole authority" IS A TRADITION!!! It is NOT found in the scriptures thus it can only be a TRADITION!!! NO PLACE IN THE SCRIPTURES can you point at and say.. "This scriptures says the Scriptures are the AUTHORITY!" NO PLACE!

Let me repeat the previous post, since I'm not sure you digested it. You also failed to answer the simple question at the end.

The Scripture are the sole authority" is not my "tradition", nor is it a tradition at all. It wasn't a "tradition" in the first century, either. My "tradition" is that I accept ANY bonafide revelation from God, period. I reject the bogus ones, and I reject the obvious pretenders. Would you care to elaborate upon what bonafide revelations from God exist in the 21st century, other than His inspired word?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 11:59:46 PM
At 6/14/2015 9:16:32 PM, annanicole wrote:

Let me repeat the previous post, since I'm not sure you digested it. You also failed to answer the simple question at the end.

The Scripture are the sole authority" is not my "tradition", nor is it a tradition at all. It wasn't a "tradition" in the first century, either. My "tradition" is that I accept ANY bonafide revelation from God, period. I reject the bogus ones, and I reject the obvious pretenders. Would you care to elaborate upon what bonafide revelations from God exist in the 21st century, other than His inspired word?

annanicole You believe in "Scriptures ALONE" your church claims to believe in the scriptures ALONE! The idea of Scriptures ALONE first appeared in the sixteenth century.. it comes from the De-Formers!!! It cannot be found in the scriptures it is BOGUS not "Bonafide"!
Your words... My "tradition" is that I accept ANY bonafide revelation from God, period.

AND...
annanicole And I again ask for scriptures....A bonafide revelation from God that says "The Scriptures ALONE are the authority!"?

Give me God' words that say.. "Trust in the scriptures ALONE"!

annanicole And I again ask for scriptures....A bonafide revelation from God that says "Communion is Symbolic"!

annanicole And I again ask for scriptures....A bonafide revelation from God that says; The CHRISTIANS .. The people Jesus established to TEACH ALL NATIONS will fail!!!!

annanicole And I again ask for scriptures....A bonafide revelation from God that says; "The Holy Spirit will guide them into error, and that the Holy Spirit will leave them, not stay FOREVER with them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THINK: In the first century it was "The CHURCH that was the AUTHORITY she used the scriptures the Old Testament">>>> NOT scriptures ALONE!
In the forth century the Holy Catholic Church had put all the scriptures into one book she named the Bible! Old and New Testaments PLUS the CHURCH was the AUTHORITY NOT the Scriptures ALONE!!!!! ALSO.....
annanicole Also, In the forth century a man named Arius denied "Jesus is God"!
annanicole Arius and his followers used the very same "New Testament" you read to make their case against Jesus! The Aryans used the same scriptures that the Jehovah Witness use today to prove Jesus is NOT God! It was the Holy Catholic Church that decided against the Aryans, the CHURCH ALONE was the AUTHORITY to decide "Arius was a False Teacher and a Heretic!
2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them"bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

Many followed Arius the False Teacher... He was bringing "The Way of TRUTH" into disrepute, proving this prophesy true, the Holy Catholic Church is the truth!!

The Catholic Church is the AUTHORITY!!!!
She alone Teaches, Rebukes, Trains and Correct... Not the scriptures!!! NOT your church your church has ZERO authority, your church is sterile, has given all authority to a book, the Bible! Your church can't TEACH or the scriptures will not be alone!!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 1:01:57 AM
At 6/14/2015 11:59:46 PM, Dogknox wrote:

annanicole You believe in "Scriptures ALONE" your church claims to believe in the scriptures ALONE! The idea of Scriptures ALONE first appeared in the sixteenth century.. it comes from the De-Formers!!! It cannot be found in the scriptures it is BOGUS not "Bonafide"!

The query was, "Would you care to elaborate upon what bonafide revelations from God exist in the 21st century, other than His inspired word?"

Dogknox neglected to inform us of any other revelations from God. I've asked three times, and have yet to see a single suggestion. He apparently objects to the authority of the scriptures alone, but neglects to inform us of any other inspired writings or anything else that serves as a source of revelation from God. I stated, "My policy is to utilize any and all revelations from God." It still is. Thus far poor Dogknox cannot name for us one other source of revelation to which we should give heed.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:05:03 AM
At 6/15/2015 1:01:57 AM, annanicole wrote:

The query was, "Would you care to elaborate upon what bonafide revelations from God exist in the 21st century, other than His inspired word?"

Dogknox neglected to inform us of any other revelations from God. I've asked three times, and have yet to see a single suggestion. He apparently objects to the authority of the scriptures alone, but neglects to inform us of any other inspired writings or anything else that serves as a source of revelation from God. I stated, "My policy is to utilize any and all revelations from God." It still is. Thus far poor Dogknox cannot name for us one other source of revelation to which we should give heed.

annanicole I hope all is well....
I asked you to give me SCRIPTURES that say... "Scriptures ALONE are all you need"! Your church is built on this TRADITION!!!!
Again it is a TRADITION because it is not in the scriptures!!!! Your church rejects TRADITION only the scriptures are their source of knowledge!
annanicole In the forth century a man named Arius denied "Jesus is God"!
annanicole Arius and his followers used the very same "New Testament" you read to make their case against Jesus!
Arius and the Jehovah Witness today; use the SCRIPTURES to prove their case AGAINST Jesus!
Historical FACT: It was the Holy Catholic Church that DECIDED with >AUTHORITY< Arius is a False Teacher!! She used Tradition and the Magisterium to defend "Jesus IS God"! She used AUTHORITY to boot Arius out from AMONG US!

There are bonafied miracles!
There are Miracles of nature (examples below)
*The Earth...its size is perfect. Can only be God!
*Water is perfectly suited for life! Can only be God!
*Man has a urge towards a higher being inside of us!
*The universe had a start - what caused it? God!
*The universe operates by uniform laws of nature. Why does it? God!
*God exists because his Holy Catholic Body exists!!! As he promised.. The Gates of hell will NOT prevail against his Church! As he promised.... He will remain FOREVER with his Church!
*As Logic dictates... The Holy Catholic Church is Jesus' Holy Body so She will always exist .. Eternal life!

annanicole existence of God is not as important as "ETERNAL SALVATION!!!!"
Existence of God can be a debated with no winner or loser!!!

annanicole But when it comes to >YOUR SALVATION< you have a lot to lose!!!!
annanicole You MUST reject the scriptures to be in your "churches of Christ" church!!! Rejecting the scriptures is rejecting Jesus and ETERNAL SALVATION!!!!!! Think about that!!!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:11:53 AM
At 6/15/2015 9:05:03 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 6/15/2015 1:01:57 AM, annanicole wrote:

There are bonafied miracles!
There are Miracles of nature (examples below)

No, there aren't. Not today.

*The Earth...its size is perfect. Can only be God!

That is not a revelation from God.

*Water is perfectly suited for life! Can only be God!

Not a revelation from God.

*Man has a urge towards a higher being inside of us!

Not a revelation from God.

*The universe had a start - what caused it? God!
*The universe operates by uniform laws of nature. Why does it? God!
*God exists because his Holy Catholic Body exists!!! As he promised.. The Gates of hell will NOT prevail against his Church! As he promised.... He will remain FOREVER with his Church!
*As Logic dictates... The Holy Catholic Church is Jesus' Holy Body so She will always exist .. Eternal life!

None of the above qualify as revelations from God.

For the 4th time, I stated that I will accept ANY revelation from God, not just the scriptures. Thus far, you have not named one single thing.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:38:56 AM
At 6/15/2015 9:11:53 AM, annanicole wrote:

For the 4th time, I stated that I will accept ANY revelation from God, not just the scriptures. Thus far, you have not named one single thing.
annanicole nothing has changed.... FACTS remain.. "You MUST reject the scriptures to be a member of your "churches of Christ" church!"

annanicole The fact there is evil in the world, says.. There must be good! Good being: God!
I know if I was Satan I would fill the world with lies and doubts... Confuse men about truth!
If I were Satan; I also would make thousands and thousands of churches all professing truth, to steal souls away from the One TRUTH; That being Jesus, and his established Church because there can only be ONE with truth!
I would make many thousands not caring if they accepted the scriptures (As yours) the simple goal being confusion and fragmentation of men!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 10:14:32 AM
At 6/15/2015 9:38:56 AM, Dogknox wrote:

annanicole nothing has changed....

You got that right. NOTHING has changed: you STILL do not answer questions. The only difference this time is that you did provide a BS reply.

If you have ... or know of ... some source of divine revelation other than the Holy Scriptures, then why don't you inform us of it? It seems to me that you are the one who relies on the scriptures alone, since you can't identity anyone/anything else. As for me, I've plainly stated that I'll accept ANY certifiable, provable divine revelation from God. I just so happens that nobody can identify anything other than the Scriptures. You sure haven't.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 11:57:25 AM
At 6/15/2015 10:14:32 AM, annanicole wrote:

You got that right. NOTHING has changed: you STILL do not answer questions. The only difference this time is that you did provide a BS reply.

If you have ... or know of ... some source of divine revelation other than the Holy Scriptures, then why don't you inform us of it? It seems to me that you are the one who relies on the scriptures alone, since you can't identity anyone/anything else. As for me, I've plainly stated that I'll accept ANY certifiable, provable divine revelation from God. I just so happens that nobody can identify anything other than the Scriptures. You sure haven't.

annanicole Thank you for your post.... What you are saying is... "You accept your 'churches of Christ' as credible KNOWING as you do it is a LIE".. The scriptures tell you so! Your church TEACHES what is NOT scriptural!!!
You say: You want scriptures, because they are the ONLY divine revelation!
FACT IS: If you accepted the scriptures then you would reject your church, for what it is! Proving you do NOT accept the scriptures and divine revelation!!!

I rely on the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church to get it right!!!! I rely on Jesus' Holy Church guided into all truth by God himself.. FOREVER!!! Proven by her two thousand year history! She keeps me on track.. She reject lies and False Teachers!!!
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 12:10:54 PM
Funny...

I did an entire thread on the RCC meeting most of the definitions for the term "cult" on another forum a few months ago. (Theology Online.com)

It stirred-up a huge hornets nest (Yes!) and went for about five pages before the MOds closed it down.

Merchandising Salvation? That is old news for the RCC, my friend. In fact that was one of ol' Martin Luther's gripes when he nailed his 95 Theses on that church front door back in Germany some 500 years ago. Which spurred the Protestant Reformation.

Yeah...all those Saints and idols; the rituals which they call sacraments; the clergy; the pederasts..oops, same thing. It all meets "cult" parameters.

I thanks god ever day (see what I did there? LOL) that I got out of the RCC years ago and saw the Real and True Light.

Good post!

Drew.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 12:11:52 PM
At 6/15/2015 11:57:25 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 6/15/2015 10:14:32 AM, annanicole wrote:

annanicole Thank you for your post.... What you are saying is...

What I am SAYING is, "If you have ... or know of ... some source of divine revelation other than the Holy Scriptures, then why don't you inform us of it?"

As usual, this is a ridiculous conversation with you. You apparently have some source of divine revelation other than the Scriptures, yet when asked exactly what this source is, you refuse to tell us. I haven't even mentioned the church of Christ, the Roman Catholic Church, or anything else along that line. What I have mentioned is, "If you have ... or know of ... some source of divine revelation other than the Holy Scriptures, then why don't you inform us of it?"
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 12:13:00 PM
I invite any catholic or person reading this who doubts anything in the OP or in my own humble previous thread to take a few minutes to read this.

I try to bring light where there id darkness and sin, amigos..............

http://www.eaec.org...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.