Jump to topic:

I never knew you.

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 10:19:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am sure most Christians are aware of the parable in Matthew 7.

Have you ever asked yourselves what you would do if you spent your whole lives believing you are a spiritual prophet or messenger of God, you went to church regularly, you did all the religious rituals which you were taught you had to do to enter heaven, you did wonderful works in the name of the Lord, you prophesied in his name, believed you had cast out devils in his name etc and has all these great spiritual gifts yet for all that effort, the LORD turns around and says to you "I never knew you: depart from me, you worker of iniquity."

How would you react ? Would you simply go away or would you try to defend and justify yourself due to having no clue what you did wrong?

What would you reply to the words "I never knew you....etc" ?

Are you wasting your life on trying to do the right thing when you are actually working iniquity?

What is iniquity?
Is it different to sin?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2015 11:48:55 PM
At 6/9/2015 10:19:08 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Have you ever asked yourselves what you would do if you spent your whole lives believing you are a spiritual prophet or messenger of God, you went to church regularly, you did all the religious rituals which you were taught you had to do to enter heaven, you did wonderful works in the name of the Lord, you prophesied in his name, believed you had cast out devils in his name etc and has all these great spiritual gifts yet for all that effort, the LORD turns around and says to you "I never knew you: depart from me, you worker of iniquity."

How would you react ? Would you simply go away or would you try to defend and justify yourself due to having no clue what you did wrong?

I'd be seriously deflated, but I don't think I would attempt to defend myself because I would think Jesus was a competent judge.

My jaw would drop, my stomach would churn, and I'd probably just cry. I wouldn't say anything.

Are you wasting your life on trying to do the right thing when you are actually working iniquity?

I'm not relying on my works to get me saved; I'm relying on God's mercy.

What is iniquity?
Is it different to sin?

They're the same thing.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 12:51:37 AM
Strange, I thought He knew me in the womb, and that every hair on my head was numbered.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 2:24:19 AM

What is iniquity?
Is it different to sin?

If any of that nonsense was true, I suspect if may well apply to some of those of the unpleasant 'born again' dogma!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:00:34 AM

What is iniquity?
Is it different to sin?

You can only image how Jesus felt when the people rejected him and asked that he be crucified for blasphemy like 'they never knew him'. And here he was quoting prophesies by the prophets that he believed pointed to him and his mission.

We know how he felt when he was on the cross just moments before he died.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:03:21 AM

What is iniquity?
Is it different to sin? : :

Most people like you will die without understanding that parable in Matthew 7.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:06:49 AM
At 6/10/2015 12:51:37 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Strange, I thought He knew me in the womb, and that every hair on my head was numbered. : :

She doesn't understand prophecies like this one;

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:07:27 AM
At 6/10/2015 8:03:21 AM, 4runner wrote:

What is iniquity?

You've lasted a long time BoG.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:09:00 AM
At 6/10/2015 8:07:27 AM, bulproof wrote:

What is iniquity?

You've lasted a long time BoG. : :

I am not BoG. I am 4runner you fool.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:14:48 AM
At 6/10/2015 8:09:00 AM, 4runner wrote:

What is iniquity?

Wanna bet?
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:20:49 AM

What is iniquity?

The question is whether you are willing to lie about it when asked a direct question.

Was the human who was used to create the account bornofgod the same human who was used to create the account 4runner?

Is the name of that human Brad Holkesvig?
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:46:20 AM
At 6/10/2015 8:14:48 AM, bulproof wrote:

What is iniquity?

Wanna bet? : :

I'm not a gambler. I know who I am and I'm surely not someone named BoG.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:50:37 AM
At 6/10/2015 8:20:49 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

What is iniquity?

The question is whether you are willing to lie about it when asked a direct question.

Was the human who was used to create the account bornofgod the same human who was used to create the account 4runner?

Is the name of that human Brad Holkesvig? : :

You mean the one who produced this; https://goddeception.wordpress.com...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 8:58:06 AM

What parable, specifically?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:00:24 AM
At 6/10/2015 8:06:49 AM, 4runner wrote:
At 6/10/2015 12:51:37 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Strange, I thought He knew me in the womb, and that every hair on my head was numbered. : :

She doesn't understand prophecies like this one;

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

WB, Saint Brad, patron saint of schizophrenics. I see the naughty Christians who are plotting your death haven't scored yet.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:04:29 AM
At 6/10/2015 8:58:06 AM, annanicole wrote:

What parable, specifically? : :

Matthew 7
21: "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22: On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23: And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:07:36 AM
At 6/10/2015 9:04:29 AM, 4runner wrote:

Matthew 7
21: "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22: On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23: And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

That's not a parable in the first place.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:11:22 AM
At 6/10/2015 9:07:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

Matthew 7

That's not a parable in the first place. : :

Do you understand the "he" who does the will of my Father and the one who is the evildoer?
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:23:30 AM
At 6/10/2015 8:50:37 AM, 4runner wrote:

What is iniquity?

Yes, that mentally retarded person. Same human who made the account 4runner.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:33:39 AM
At 6/10/2015 9:23:30 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

What is iniquity?

Yes, that mentally retarded person. Same human who made the account 4runner. : :

I'm not the one who is mentally unstable enough to ban a member out of this forum. Mentally unstable people have lots of fear.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:36:34 AM
At 6/10/2015 9:33:39 AM, 4runner wrote:

What is iniquity?

Yes, that mentally retarded person. Same human who made the account 4runner. : :

I'm not the one who is mentally unstable enough to ban a member out of this forum. Mentally unstable people have lots of fear.

So you don't deny it then?

Nah, just mentally unstable enough to believe you are on a mission from god to find his chosen believers, or something like that. I'm sure you can deny that on a semantic basis.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:42:09 AM
At 6/10/2015 9:36:34 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

What is iniquity?

Nah, just mentally unstable enough to believe you are on a mission from god to find his chosen believers, or something like that. I'm sure you can deny that on a semantic basis. : :

I don't deny anything that came from the mind of our Creator. It's you who denies where everything came from.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:45:30 AM
At 6/10/2015 9:11:22 AM, 4runner wrote:

Matthew 7

Do you understand the "he" who does the will of my Father and the one who is the evildoer?

Do you? I said that the narrative that you cited isn't even a parable.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:01:40 AM
At 6/10/2015 9:45:30 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/10/2015 9:11:22 AM, 4runner wrote:

Matthew 7

Do you? I said that the narrative that you cited isn't even a parable. : :

It's a parable to those who don't understand it. It's obvious you don't, otherwise you would have given me the answer.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:04:45 AM
At 6/10/2015 9:42:09 AM, 4runner wrote:

What is iniquity?

Nah, just mentally unstable enough to believe you are on a mission from god to find his chosen believers, or something like that. I'm sure you can deny that on a semantic basis. : :

I don't deny anything that came from the mind of our Creator. It's you who denies where everything came from.

I do deny that you're god, or that you're a saint, or that you're a chosen believer, or that the magical claims you make have any merit or value. I don't deny that I believe you need neuropsychological treatment and that you're not capable of having a rational discussion.

Good luck to you, Saint Brad.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:09:29 AM
At 6/10/2015 10:04:45 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

What is iniquity?

I do deny that you're god, or that you're a saint, or that you're a chosen believer, or that the magical claims you make have any merit or value. I don't deny that I believe you need neuropsychological treatment and that you're not capable of having a rational discussion.

Good luck to you, Saint Brad. : :'
'
You will deny Me until I change your thoughts.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:10:17 AM
At 6/10/2015 10:09:29 AM, 4runner wrote:

What is iniquity?

'

You're invited to use your magical powers on me at any time.
4runner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:17:34 AM
At 6/10/2015 10:10:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

What is iniquity?

'

You're invited to use your magical powers on me at any time. : :

You will magically be killed soon and then you will magically begin thinking with new thoughts in a two new bodies that are magically formed on the new earth.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 10:35:10 AM
At 6/10/2015 10:17:34 AM, 4runner wrote:
At 6/10/2015 10:10:17 AM, UndeniableReality wrote:

What is iniquity?

'

You're invited to use your magical powers on me at any time. : :

You will magically be killed soon and then you will magically begin thinking with new thoughts in a two new bodies that are magically formed on the new earth.

Is that your second attempt as prophesying?