Jump to topic:

Best Youtube Atheist

Proving_a_Negative
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 10:00:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
My personal favorite is Armoured Skeptic. If you include an atheist who doesn't argue against god directly but pokes fun at christian arguments in his various videos, check out CoolHardLogic. Seriously, check these two out. Do you have any personal favorites?
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 10:30:46 AM
At 6/12/2015 10:00:19 AM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
My personal favorite is Armoured Skeptic. If you include an atheist who doesn't argue against god directly but pokes fun at christian arguments in his various videos, check out CoolHardLogic. Seriously, check these two out. Do you have any personal favorites?

Mine:
KnownNoMore
Carnades.org

I don't really follow the youtube community much anymore however.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 1:16:38 PM

He's pretty good. Have you seen King Crocoduck or AntiCitizenX?
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 2:39:27 PM

Carneades.org by far.
After that Knownnomore, although I think some of his arguments are a little lacking.
Perhaps it's just me but his terminology seems a little odd.

Other than that I can't think of any worth watching. Most others provide little if any adequate insight into, theistic arguments.
There are some who argue against creationism from a scientific standpoint but that's probably exclusively relevant to Americans.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 2:40:25 PM
CoolHardLogic's videos on Spirit Science are hillarious :D
:
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 3:42:21 PM
Easy choice: Edward Current.

https://www.youtube.com...

Actually if you converted his talks to text, it'd read surprisingly similar to a lot of religious folk here.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Proving_a_Negative
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 4:27:10 PM
At 6/12/2015 2:40:25 PM, Fkkize wrote:
CoolHardLogic's videos on Spirit Science are hillarious :D

Lel ikr? *spirit "science"
Nac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:27:42 PM
At 6/12/2015 2:39:27 PM, Fkkize wrote:

Carneades.org by far.
I completely agree. He is actually the reason I became an atheist, with his look into the duplication argument.
After that Knownnomore, although I think some of his arguments are a little lacking.

Other than that I can't think of any worth watching. Most others provide little if any adequate insight into, theistic arguments.

I honestly enjoy most of them, though I do disagree with some arguments made. TAA, Armoured Skeptic, logicked, Finite Atticus, EssenceofThought, and The Bible Reloaded are all worth looking into IMO. Many are probably not your taste, but there is no harm is trying.

There are some who argue against creationism from a scientific standpoint but that's probably exclusively relevant to Americans.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 8:02:27 PM

Carneades.org by far.

We have he same taste :-)

Nicoszon_the_Great
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 8:06:28 PM

Bible Reloaded or bust.

Armoured Skeptic and Steve Shives are both really good and the Drunken Peasants/Amazing Atheist are a guilty pleasure. Hemat Mehta is a better writer than vlogger IMO and Matymer81 isn't too funny but I like his videos nonetheless.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 9:03:11 PM

AS is pretty cool. I tend to focus on more science focused Atheists thought:

One of my favorites is AronRa, Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism is probably the best Anti-Creationism video series there is.

Thunderf00t did go a bit crazy, but his "Why do people laugh at Creationists" series has it's moments, although it's fairly easy to pick holes in the logic of some of it. What it does do, however, is really hit home how unbelievably retarded Creationist Apologetics can be.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 9:12:53 PM

- All the ones I came across are not intelligent to say the least. I'd much prefer pick a book written by an atheist philosopher.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Proving_a_Negative
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 11:04:33 PM
Call of Dusty is the only youtube atheist that I despise. He makes his videos for views, not for well-founded arguments.
Nicoszon_the_Great
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 11:10:55 PM
At 6/12/2015 9:03:11 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

One of my favorites is AronRa, Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism is probably the best Anti-Creationism video series there is.

Thunderf00t did go a bit crazy, but his "Why do people laugh at Creationists" series has it's moments, although it's fairly easy to pick holes in the logic of some of it. What it does do, however, is really hit home how unbelievably retarded Creationist Apologetics can be.

Forgot about AronRa, he's good.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 11:53:16 PM
Darkmatter?

No one?

Just because its a cartoon....

-eats some cereal-
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Proving_a_Negative
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 4:25:32 AM
At 6/12/2015 11:10:55 PM, Nicoszon_the_Great wrote:
At 6/12/2015 9:03:11 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

Forgot about AronRa, he's good.

I was just watching AronRa and he is pretty good, but he also likes to poison the well to discredit evangilists. For instance, after mentioning Kent Hovind, he puts a caption that tells the viewer that he is serving time in prison for assualt and battery charges, but a quick wikipedia search disproved that. He was jailed for tax evasion, justifying it by saying everything he owns belogs to god and other nonsensical reasons. He was charged with assualt, but those charges were dropped by the alegged victim.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 4:47:32 AM
At 6/12/2015 11:53:16 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Darkmatter?

No one?

-eats some cereal-

Good for entertainment, okay for rhetoric, not my cup of tea though.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 4:55:11 AM
At 6/13/2015 4:47:32 AM, Envisage wrote:
Darkmatter?

No one?

-eats some cereal-

Oh, absolutely, but rarely do I go to youtube for more than "that variety" of entertainment. I think my subscriptions are barely related to as many worthy pursuits as they are to keeping my brain entertained (granted, low bar to clear) in headphones while the wife sleeps. Night shift blues, and all. I have... 4 subscriptions that are worth while, NurdRage, KingofRandom (I think, can't verify right now), The F word (Gordon Ramsey for cooking), and Airsoftology for my hobby. Everything else is a hodgepodge of music, video game tips, an assorted airsoft in game uploads. Oh, and fencing. The sword kind, not the chain link kind.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 4:56:46 AM
At 6/13/2015 4:55:11 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Darkmatter?

No one?

-eats some cereal-

Oh, absolutely, but rarely do I go to youtube for more than "that variety" of entertainment. I think my subscriptions are barely related to as many worthy pursuits as they are to keeping my brain entertained (granted, low bar to clear) in headphones while the wife sleeps. Night shift blues, and all. I have... 4 subscriptions that are worth while, NurdRage, KingofRandom (I think, can't verify right now), The F word (Gordon Ramsey for cooking), and Airsoftology for my hobby. Everything else is a hodgepodge of music, video game tips, an assorted airsoft in game uploads. Oh, and fencing. The sword kind, not the chain link kind.

I do fencing too :-). Although injuries have seriously hindered me doing it much anymore... it sucks not being a teenage anymore...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 4:59:23 AM
At 6/13/2015 4:56:46 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 6/13/2015 4:55:11 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Darkmatter?

No one?

-eats some cereal-

I do fencing too :-). Although injuries have seriously hindered me doing it much anymore... it sucks not being a teenage anymore...

Sweet! I was juuuust about to start a fencing debate on the taboo nature of the "flick" for scoring. Resolution being something to the Effect of "The 'Flick' as a method of attack in foil fencing is a sound attack" or verbiage to that idea, and taking Con.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 5:08:50 AM

Sweet! I was juuuust about to start a fencing debate on the taboo nature of the "flick" for scoring. Resolution being something to the Effect of "The 'Flick' as a method of attack in foil fencing is a sound attack" or verbiage to that idea, and taking Con.

Lol, I would take Pro on that any day. It works, and it still works after they changed the scoring timings. When I went to Paris to watch the WC's about 3 years ago, it was basically back to like it was in 2004.

I used to go to this student competition in Basel, Switxerland where they have built-in pistes and consequently still use the old electronics. The flicking was orgasmic...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 5:10:30 AM
At 6/13/2015 5:08:50 AM, Envisage wrote:

Lol, I would take Pro on that any day. It works, and it still works after they changed the scoring timings. When I went to Paris to watch the WC's about 3 years ago, it was basically back to like it was in 2004.

I used to go to this student competition in Basel, Switxerland where they have built-in pistes and consequently still use the old electronics. The flicking was orgasmic...

If you are interested, its available.
Proving_a_Negative
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:21:19 AM
At 6/13/2015 7:09:41 AM, hect wrote:
They're all a buch of f*cking losers if you ask me

I am not able to report the post itself since the bottom of the screen has priority over the reporting window, thus covering the submit report button. I have reported this comment, understanding that whomever sees this will look at the previous post for containing harassment.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 10:07:40 AM
At 6/12/2015 5:27:42 PM, Nac wrote:

Carneades.org by far.
I completely agree. He is actually the reason I became an atheist, with his look into the duplication argument.
Interesting, have you been a creationist before that?

I honestly enjoy most of them, though I do disagree with some arguments made. TAA, Armoured Skeptic, logicked, Finite Atticus, EssenceofThought, and The Bible Reloaded are all worth looking into IMO. Many are probably not your taste, but there is no harm is trying.
I don't like new atheism all that much. However I watched most of Armored Skeptics' earlier videos.

:
Nac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 10:28:30 AM
At 6/13/2015 10:07:40 AM, Fkkize wrote:
At 6/12/2015 5:27:42 PM, Nac wrote:

Carneades.org by far.
Interesting, have you been a creationist before that?

Yes, actually.

It was based on what I now feel to be a false dichotomy between theism and naturalism, both with the same claim of certainty. I de-converted after realizing two things.

1. We have no reason to believe it is possible to gain knowledge.

2. The position which allows for this concept is atheism.

Since then, I hardened the position and allowed for Youtube atheists to broaden my horizons. This they did with a highly addictive entertainment value, and allowed for me to grasp the other side of an issue.

I personally do not evaluate my choices in YAs solely on the truth value in what they are saying when deciding if I should watch them. The deciding factor is their ability to facilitate an understanding of a position, and the intrigue they provide for me through humor or intellect.

This is why I proposed the recommendations in a way which allowed for disagreement. They should be tested to see if he personally enjoys them.

I don't like new atheism all that much. However I watched most of Armored Skeptics' earlier videos.

Could you please elaborate? I am honestly unfamiliar with the term, "New Atheism."

hect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 5:36:49 PM
At 6/13/2015 9:21:19 AM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
At 6/13/2015 7:09:41 AM, hect wrote:
They're all a buch of f*cking losers if you ask me

I am not able to report the post itself since the bottom of the screen has priority over the reporting window, thus covering the submit report button. I have reported this comment, understanding that whomever sees this will look at the previous post for containing harassment.

What is the charge?
Proving_a_Negative
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 7:11:01 PM
At 6/13/2015 5:10:30 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:08:50 AM, Envisage wrote:

If you are interested, its available.

And thus began a debate about fencing from a forum about youtube atheists... Lel pretty awesome.