Jump to topic:

Can God be unfair?

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 4:50:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Lets say X religion is true, somebody chooses to dis/believe in other religion becasue his logic tells him religion Y /atheism is true. how God can punish him? he gives him some logic and by it he punishes people.... for better understanding here an example... take Salman Rushdie's qoute

As human knowledge has grown, it has also become plain that every religious story ever told about how we got here is quite simply wrong. This, finally, is what all religions have in common. They didn't get it right. There was no celestial churning, no maker's dance, no vomiting of galaxies, no snake or kangaroo ancestors, no Valhalla, no Olympus, no six-day conjuring trick followed by a day of rest. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

so according to him obviously Human Evulotion is true backed by scienintific proves if he left Islam for that how can God punish and throw him to hell? it doesnt make anysense....
Never fart near dog
Grenadier1865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:06:48 PM
So, assuming God is real, then lets define in a way that is non-specific to any religion.
-- noun
1. the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe
2. the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute

There are more, but these two cover what I want to show. These both say that God is supreme, but what does supreme mean?
--adjective
1. highest in rank or authority; paramount; sovereign; chief.
2. of the highest quality, degree, character, importance, etc.

So if God is supreme, then He is above all in rank, authority and character. So if He is essentially the ruler (arguing from the definition of supreme being) then He has the right and ability to make whatever decision He wants. If you believe in Christian faith, then He demands that you accept Christ, and so on for other religions. I personally am a Christian, and if you like could explain this from a Biblical standpoint, but for now, I will leave it at this.
Trajan
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:14:36 PM
At 6/12/2015 4:53:48 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
many mistakes ignore im sleeping here lol

Bad boy ;P What are you up doing up at 1:15 AM?
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:38:47 PM
At 6/12/2015 4:50:07 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Lets say X religion is true, somebody chooses to dis/believe in other religion becasue his logic tells him religion Y /atheism is true. how God can punish him? he gives him some logic and by it he punishes people.... for better understanding here an example... take Salman Rushdie's qoute

As human knowledge has grown, it has also become plain that every religious story ever told about how we got here is quite simply wrong. This, finally, is what all religions have in common. They didn't get it right. There was no celestial churning, no maker's dance, no vomiting of galaxies, no snake or kangaroo ancestors, no Valhalla, no Olympus, no six-day conjuring trick followed by a day of rest. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

so according to him obviously Human Evulotion is true backed by scienintific proves if he left Islam for that how can God punish and throw him to hell? it doesnt make anysense....

Speaking for Christianity, the justification for punishing somebody has nothing to with whether they get their facts right concerning the origin of the universe and living things. Rather, it has to do with whether they kept the moral law. After all, people are punished for their wrong-doing, not their failure to believe the right things.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:39:59 PM
At 6/12/2015 5:06:48 PM, Grenadier1865 wrote:
So, assuming God is real, then lets define in a way that is non-specific to any religion.
-- noun
1. the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe
2. the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute

There are more, but these two cover what I want to show. These both say that God is supreme, but what does supreme mean?
--adjective
1. highest in rank or authority; paramount; sovereign; chief.
2. of the highest quality, degree, character, importance, etc.

So if God is supreme, then He is above all in rank, authority and character. So if He is essentially the ruler (arguing from the definition of supreme being) then He has the right and ability to make whatever decision He wants. If you believe in Christian faith, then He demands that you accept Christ, and so on for other religions. I personally am a Christian, and if you like could explain this from a Biblical standpoint, but for now, I will leave it at this.

all religions (in my knowledge..) teach that God is Just and has the qualities as you described... but think a moment... how can he punish someone for choosing something else beside the "true" one? God gave that person a brain and some logic to think, that person believes in something because he thinks its right. if Christianity is true i as a muslim how can God punish me for not believing in Christ as a God? in my point of view Christianity is not True, not because i "hate" or not "familiar" with this religion i have my evidence, and the same for some christians what they think about Islam.

God gives to you some logic. he punishes you because you think something else based on your logic! ahhhhhuuuuu confusing? btw most people remain on their religion/nationalism because they got brainwashed in their childhood... i dont know what to call people hypocrites or morons?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:43:39 PM
At 6/12/2015 5:14:36 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 6/12/2015 4:53:48 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

-:DDD im bored played call of duty for hours and now with boredom raving in my brain i dont want to sleep and tomorrow i need to work :( im a good boy!! :D
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:47:57 PM
At 6/12/2015 5:38:47 PM, philochristos wrote:

Speaking for Christianity, the justification for punishing somebody has nothing to with whether they get their facts right concerning the origin of the universe and living things. Rather, it has to do with whether they kept the moral law. After all, people are punished for their wrong-doing, not their failure to believe the right things.

and..... what moral law? according to who? a phycopash has his own "good" moral laws... thinking he is doings are right... there is no absolute moral law.... but how you believe that Christianity doesnt teach that..... or you have some sect i have never heard about...
Never fart near dog
Grenadier1865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:49:06 PM
So if God is all the things I listed before, the who are imperfect humans to question Him? We have a limited understanding of what goes on just inside of our own bodies, let alone all of time and space and the supernatural realm? Yes God gave us logic, but it was so that we could come to the conclusion that He is real, and that we need Him. From here, I'm not sure the discussion can go much farther due to differences in religion and opinion, but I am definitely willing to continue the discussion if you wish.
Trajan
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 5:53:55 PM
At 6/12/2015 5:47:57 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

and..... what moral law?

What do you mean, "What moral law?" I mean THE moral law--the ones that distinguishes between right and wrong.

according to who?

I don't understand your question. Everybody knows right and wrong.

a phycopash has his own "good" moral laws... thinking he is doings are right

That's precisely why psychopathy is a mental illness. But most of us are not mentally ill, so this shouldn't be an issue.

... there is no absolute moral law..

There's not?

.. but how you believe that Christianity doesnt teach that..... or you have some sect i have never heard about...

Christianity teaches that if you don't believe the gospel, you will be punished for your sins. That is a claim that is almost explicitly taught by Jesus. He said that "unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." Due to poor reading comprehension, or whatever, people frequently misunderstand that to mean that the not believing is what causes the person to be punished, but that isn't the case. Believing is what would've saved them from punishment, but the punishment is for sins. Saying that you'll go to hell for your lack of belief is like saying a cancer patient will die from lack of treatment. It isn't the lack of treatment that kills them; it's the cancer that kills them. In the same way, it isn't lack of belief that condemns people; it's their sins that condemn them.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 6:00:35 PM
At 6/12/2015 5:43:39 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 6/12/2015 5:14:36 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 6/12/2015 4:53:48 PM, POPOO5560 wroteol

-:DDD im bored played call of duty for hours and now with boredom raving in my brain i dont want to sleep and tomorrow i need to work :( im a good boy!! :D

Lol boys and call of duty ;D It's late here too and no wayyyy do I wanna go to bed yet. But unlike you I haven't got work tomorrow.

What is your job btw? Binyamin Netanyahu's private chauffeur or what?
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 9:16:49 PM

- I am pretty sure you're speaking of a Christian narrative here. We don't believe in any of that.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 12:12:47 AM

Sins of the father argument pretty much negates all that.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...