Total Posts:150|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What happened to Christianity?

ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 5:19:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This actually depresses me cause I know atheists will say its because the evidences of God is weak and the internet is spreading the word.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 6:09:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Grow up! There is NOTHING good about anti-gay bigots or the nastiness which has been perpetrated in the name of the nasty Biblical deity, which more than likely doesn't exist!
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 6:12:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Remember how Christ suffered and was ridiculed? Remember how He told us if they hated Him thy will hate us?
It was never the easy road to follow Jesus, persecution, abandonment and ridicule will always be a part of the Christian walk why? Because it is the narrow way not the broad way, it is the meek road not the proud road it will always look like Christianity is being bombarded that is because it is, take a good look around why? Because God is in the light and Christianity is abiding in that light, the darkness squeals at the light it hates it and always will.
Take a deep breath remember what Jesus teaches and apply it to yourself and seek God in your own life and forget the rest. Your relation with God is set apart from all the distractions and wrongness in life. Nothing happened to Christianity, it remains the force that it has always been and always will, that is because it is the heart of God and the heart of God wants us to abide in Him despite what is going on around us.

Science and spirituality are two different topics and two different natures, some atheists are interested in the natural and material aspects of creation while they study the physical world and some theists are more interested in the spiritual existence and the scriptures are the study of the spiritual. Atheists and scientists don't study the spiritual that's why there is the split.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 6:15:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:19:18 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
This actually depresses me cause I know atheists will say its because the evidences of God is weak and the internet is spreading the word.

That is because God is in Spirit not the material, atheist don't believe in the spiritual.
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 6:20:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 6:09:47 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Grow up! There is NOTHING good about anti-gay bigots or the nastiness which has been perpetrated in the name of the nasty Biblical deity, which more than likely doesn't exist!

That's what atheists say.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 6:21:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 6:15:17 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:19:18 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
This actually depresses me cause I know atheists will say its because the evidences of God is weak and the internet is spreading the word.

That is because God is in Spirit not the material, atheist don't believe in the spiritual.

I always say that.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 6:21:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 6:12:13 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Remember how Christ suffered and was ridiculed? Remember how He told us if they hated Him thy will hate us?
It was never the easy road to follow Jesus, persecution, abandonment and ridicule will always be a part of the Christian walk why? Because it is the narrow way not the broad way, it is the meek road not the proud road it will always look like Christianity is being bombarded that is because it is, take a good look around why? Because God is in the light and Christianity is abiding in that light, the darkness squeals at the light it hates it and always will.
Take a deep breath remember what Jesus teaches and apply it to yourself and seek God in your own life and forget the rest. Your relation with God is set apart from all the distractions and wrongness in life. Nothing happened to Christianity, it remains the force that it has always been and always will, that is because it is the heart of God and the heart of God wants us to abide in Him despite what is going on around us.

Science and spirituality are two different topics and two different natures, some atheists are interested in the natural and material aspects of creation while they study the physical world and some theists are more interested in the spiritual existence and the scriptures are the study of the spiritual. Atheists and scientists don't study the spiritual that's why there is the split.

I meant after Jesus' time.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 6:36:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:19:18 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
This actually depresses me cause I know atheists will say its because the evidences of God is weak and the internet is spreading the word.

No; despite Judaic myth, the Christian God has rarely done as much for Christian cultures as certain environmental and economic advantages, along with science.

I think the alterations and diminution to Christianity have been created over 300-600 hundred years -- principally by Christians and ex-Christians themselves. A revolutionary faith at a cruel and ignorant time did not become a kind and wise faith in a wiser, kinder time.

We became wiser and kinder despite Christianity; not because of it. As hard as it might be to admit, I think most Christians who know their own canon and history, cannot dispute that.

Religion has been a fine way to begin asking important questions, but has proven itself irredeemably poor at answering them.
Stephen-of-Wimbledon
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 8:49:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi ClashnBoom,

CB: Remember when God's existence was a fact?

SW: No.

CB: When whole armies would die in God's name?

SW: Oh that; the senseless waste of human life. The maiming of the fallen, the starving raping, robbing and murder of the innocents. The enslavement of the defeated, the infanticide of the sons likely to seek revenge. The spread of diseases by armies and refugees, the ruin of livelihoods, the crushing of millions of souls. How could we forget such vile horror.

CB: When gays were persecuted?

SW: Wait, you actually celebrate persecution of people for their nature?

CB: When politics and religion went hand and hand?

SW: I see little evidence of change, particularly in the U.S..

CB: When the world was embarrassed to even question God?

SW: More likely scared witless, and willing to say anything for a bit of peace and quiet.

CB: When world changers were Christians?

SW: Like the Crusades. Not all change is for the better, this seems like a big improvement.

CB: What happened?

SW: Civilization.

CB: Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity.

SW: As an atheist I find it very hard to believe that a group of people with no central organising structures or institutions has done anything to halt the growth of Christian churches. If there has been change, then it has come from within the Christian community itself.

CB: Christian mobs are ridiculed.

SW: They are? Given that a mob is a group of people intent on breaking the law, I would be most impressed by anyone attempting to ridicule one.

CB: Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics.

SW: I see the opposite. There is no shortage of politicians pushing theistic views and proposing laws to give religion special status. Just look at the number of new laws recently passed, or under discussion, which are called religious freedom laws.

CB: The world is filled with sinners.

SW: Whatever.

CB: Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

SW: Why is that important?

Peace.
Stephen of Wimbledon
clay-slayer
Posts: 32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 8:56:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Guess who has the highest population in prisons on
Death row... you got it Christians......

When you can produce evidence of the existence of this God you say is Fact,, you might change someones mind.. utill then it is the same old lip service and excuses.. and I can here the lamest one coming now "You prove it doesn't" LMAO or "You don't understand" Or 'You will be sorry later" not one shred of evidence just excuses as to why there is no evidence..
clay-slayer
Posts: 32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:00:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 6:12:13 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Remember how Christ suffered and was ridiculed? Remember how He told us if they hated Him thy will hate us?
It was never the easy road to follow Jesus, persecution, abandonment and ridicule will always be a part of the Christian walk why? Because it is the narrow way not the broad way, it is the meek road not the proud road it will always look like Christianity is being bombarded that is because it is, take a good look around why? Because God is in the light and Christianity is abiding in that light, the darkness squeals at the light it hates it and always will.
Take a deep breath remember what Jesus teaches and apply it to yourself and seek God in your own life and forget the rest. Your relation with God is set apart from all the distractions and wrongness in life. Nothing happened to Christianity, it remains the force that it has always been and always will, that is because it is the heart of God and the heart of God wants us to abide in Him despite what is going on around us.

Science and spirituality are two different topics and two different natures, some atheists are interested in the natural and material aspects of creation while they study the physical world and some theists are more interested in the spiritual existence and the scriptures are the study of the spiritual. Atheists and scientists don't study the spiritual that's why there is the split.

Man wrote the bible, some 90 to 300 years after the life of the supposed Jesus.. not one writer of the bible ever met the man,, so they made up what they thought he might have said and wrote it down.. they heard mythical stories and wrote them as if they were true.. there is no historical record of this Jesus outside of the bible..
dee-em
Posts: 6,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:31:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Yeah, the good old days of heresy trials, witch burnings, religious wars and crusades. Let's bring them back because life was so much better then!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:46:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 6:12:13 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Science and spirituality are two different topics and two different natures, some atheists are interested in the natural and material aspects of creation while they study the physical world and some theists are more interested in the spiritual existence and the scriptures are the study of the spiritual. Atheists and scientists don't study the spiritual that's why there is the split.

Still trotting out that invalid argument? Is it because you actually wouldn't have a thing to say here if it didn't involve your special knowledge of spirituality that you can't even explain in any kind of way, shape or form?

There would only be a split if there was anything that could be considered spiritual, but we know that's all in our head as a delusion.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:47:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 9:00:02 AM, clay-slayer wrote:
At 6/13/2015 6:12:13 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Remember how Christ suffered and was ridiculed? Remember how He told us if they hated Him thy will hate us?
It was never the easy road to follow Jesus, persecution, abandonment and ridicule will always be a part of the Christian walk why? Because it is the narrow way not the broad way, it is the meek road not the proud road it will always look like Christianity is being bombarded that is because it is, take a good look around why? Because God is in the light and Christianity is abiding in that light, the darkness squeals at the light it hates it and always will.
Take a deep breath remember what Jesus teaches and apply it to yourself and seek God in your own life and forget the rest. Your relation with God is set apart from all the distractions and wrongness in life. Nothing happened to Christianity, it remains the force that it has always been and always will, that is because it is the heart of God and the heart of God wants us to abide in Him despite what is going on around us.

Science and spirituality are two different topics and two different natures, some atheists are interested in the natural and material aspects of creation while they study the physical world and some theists are more interested in the spiritual existence and the scriptures are the study of the spiritual. Atheists and scientists don't study the spiritual that's why there is the split.

Man wrote the bible, some 90 to 300 years after the life of the supposed Jesus..

That statement is against the evidence.

not one writer of the bible ever met the man,,

... and that's just your assertion. I'm afraid you'll have to prove that one.

so they made up what they thought he might have said and wrote it down..

Ditto.

they heard mythical stories and wrote them as if they were true.. there is no historical record of this Jesus outside of the bible..

That depends upon your definition of "historical record" - and I have a feeling that it'll be a pretty rigid definition.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:49:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted?

Ah yes, those were the good ole' days, where murder and mayhem in God's name was the thing to do back then.

Don't you just wish you could go out an hack off the head of homosexual or Muslim, just for the fun of it, to relive those glory days?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:51:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 6:15:17 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:19:18 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
This actually depresses me cause I know atheists will say its because the evidences of God is weak and the internet is spreading the word.

That is because God is in Spirit not the material, atheist don't believe in the spiritual.

That's because the spiritual is a delusion in your head.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:51:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 9:46:23 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/13/2015 6:12:13 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Science and spirituality are two different topics and two different natures, some atheists are interested in the natural and material aspects of creation while they study the physical world and some theists are more interested in the spiritual existence and the scriptures are the study of the spiritual. Atheists and scientists don't study the spiritual that's why there is the split.

Still trotting out that invalid argument? Is it because you actually wouldn't have a thing to say here if it didn't involve your special knowledge of spirituality that you can't even explain in any kind of way, shape or form?

There would only be a split if there was anything that could be considered spiritual, but we know that's all in our head as a delusion.

The word "spirituality" is over-used, mis-used, and ill-defined. It's the same misuse that the cultish AA-groups use as a poor excuse for being "not a religion."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:54:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 6:15:17 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:19:18 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
This actually depresses me cause I know atheists will say its because the evidences of God is weak and the internet is spreading the word.

That is because God is in Spirit not the material, atheist don't believe in the spiritual.

Here you go, please explain what spiritual is so atheists can understand what you're talking about, therefore they too can believe in the spiritual.

http://www.debate.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 10:27:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 9:54:10 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/13/2015 6:15:17 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:19:18 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
This actually depresses me cause I know atheists will say its because the evidences of God is weak and the internet is spreading the word.

That is because God is in Spirit not the material, atheist don't believe in the spiritual.

Here you go, please explain what spiritual is so atheists can understand what you're talking about, therefore they too can believe in the spiritual.

http://www.debate.org...

I will repeat a former post because it was posted so close to yours that you might not have seen it.

"The word "spirituality" is over-used, mis-used, and ill-defined. It's the same misuse that the cultish AA-groups use as a poor excuse for being "not a religion."

I'll continue and say that "spiritual" and "spirituality" are terms employed as sort-of catch-alls which the both the user and hearer/reader seem to be at liberty to simply define for themselves in a way to make it fit with what they already believed.

Lord, I remember referring, years ago, to the AA and NA bunch who constantly tossed about these terms as theological morons, religious white nigs, scriptural dimwits, and anything else I could think up on the spur of the moment. The terms have a definite Biblical meaning - and an accurate one - but that's not how these folks are using the words.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 10:45:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Don't worry guys I found the verse talking about this in Matthew 24:12-14.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 10:50:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 10:45:32 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Don't worry guys I found the verse talking about this in Matthew 24:12-14.

You are citing a passage that refers directly to conditions preceding the destruction of the temple/Jerusalem in AD 67-70 by the Romans. In other words, you are creating an anachronism out of it. You are trying to somehow - and with great imagination - make it apply to TODAY. It doesn't. It has nothing at all to do with 2015.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 2:08:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

When was God's existence ever a fact? LOL. Absurd notion, that.

Outside of the bible, that is.

Your OP sounds like you sort of long for the "good ol' days" when Yahweh was committing genocide, mass-murder, and even infanticide on a daily basis so egregious as to make Hitler and Pot look like altar boys.

Armies dying in God's name, however? That still happens and always has.

History much? Hello? Jihad? The Taliban? ISIL? Allah's name, but same diff.

I have never found much morality in the Old Testament, personally.

Look to the NT for that, amigo. Well...sometimes maybe.

AS far as atheists slowing the growth of Christianity. Well, maybe a little.

But I think we still have a long way to go.

DO you know that 80% of adults in my country believe there is a sky god sitting up in heaven who cares about them and keeps track of their daily lives?

You might like that statistic. I find it hard to believe, and a bit depressing.

If God was one time a "fact" then mere mortal atheists would not be able to diminish his control or omnipotence, would they?

So the very fact that atheists HAVE mean that god never existed and was only a fictional character. An old superstition. A product of ignorance. Like how people once believed the Earth was flat.

Are actual FACTS ever diminished by non-believers? LOL--if they are true, that is?

For example: if a bunch of people called, say, "A-geo-sphereists" rallied together to speak out against the Earth being a sphere, would they really be able to change peoples' minds who believed it was?

No. Because this is a fact.

So if your god really existed he would be taking care of matters himself and would not need you to lament his demise.

Would he?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 2:31:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 9:47:13 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/13/2015 9:00:02 AM, clay-slayer wrote:
At 6/13/2015 6:12:13 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Remember how Christ suffered and was ridiculed? Remember how He told us if they hated Him thy will hate us?
It was never the easy road to follow Jesus, persecution, abandonment and ridicule will always be a part of the Christian walk why? Because it is the narrow way not the broad way, it is the meek road not the proud road it will always look like Christianity is being bombarded that is because it is, take a good look around why? Because God is in the light and Christianity is abiding in that light, the darkness squeals at the light it hates it and always will.
Take a deep breath remember what Jesus teaches and apply it to yourself and seek God in your own life and forget the rest. Your relation with God is set apart from all the distractions and wrongness in life. Nothing happened to Christianity, it remains the force that it has always been and always will, that is because it is the heart of God and the heart of God wants us to abide in Him despite what is going on around us.

Science and spirituality are two different topics and two different natures, some atheists are interested in the natural and material aspects of creation while they study the physical world and some theists are more interested in the spiritual existence and the scriptures are the study of the spiritual. Atheists and scientists don't study the spiritual that's why there is the split.

Man wrote the bible, some 90 to 300 years after the life of the supposed Jesus..

That statement is against the evidence.

not one writer of the bible ever met the man,,

... and that's just your assertion. I'm afraid you'll have to prove that one.

so they made up what they thought he might have said and wrote it down..

Ditto.

they heard mythical stories and wrote them as if they were true.. there is no historical record of this Jesus outside of the bible..

That depends upon your definition of "historical record" - and I have a feeling that it'll be a pretty rigid definition.

You obviously don't do much reading on biblical scholarship, do you? As it seems you are woefully lacking knowledge in that field.

For decades now, the majority of serious biblical scholars have agreed that none of the Gospel writers, nor Paul, actually knew Jesus. Or met him. Nor were those books written by the men whose names they are titled after: Matt, Mark, Luke, John.

Even you should know that Paul--whose epistles were the earliest writings and preceded all the four gospels--never met JC. His conversion--he was a Pharisee--with the blinding light on the road to Tarsus--came several years AD.

Mark was actually the earliest gospel--written around 30AD, but the compilers of the bible--which wasn't done until a couple hundred years AD!--put Matt first because of his many references to OT passages that allegedly prophecised JC's coming.

Matt was written around 40 AD. Luke around 60 AD. Johnny comes a callin' around 90 AD.

I will provide you with as many sources on this as you wish, but I really feel you should look it up yourself, if you call yourself a christian. You owe it to yourself to know the truth.

It never ceases to amaze me how often atheists like me know about biblical scholarship than do you christians. SO you should do your own part to stop this trend! LOL

https://adversusapologetica.wordpress.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 2:36:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 2:31:00 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/13/2015 9:47:13 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/13/2015 9:00:02 AM, clay-slayer wrote:
At 6/13/2015 6:12:13 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Remember how Christ suffered and was ridiculed? Remember how He told us if they hated Him thy will hate us?
It was never the easy road to follow Jesus, persecution, abandonment and ridicule will always be a part of the Christian walk why? Because it is the narrow way not the broad way, it is the meek road not the proud road it will always look like Christianity is being bombarded that is because it is, take a good look around why? Because God is in the light and Christianity is abiding in that light, the darkness squeals at the light it hates it and always will.
Take a deep breath remember what Jesus teaches and apply it to yourself and seek God in your own life and forget the rest. Your relation with God is set apart from all the distractions and wrongness in life. Nothing happened to Christianity, it remains the force that it has always been and always will, that is because it is the heart of God and the heart of God wants us to abide in Him despite what is going on around us.

Science and spirituality are two different topics and two different natures, some atheists are interested in the natural and material aspects of creation while they study the physical world and some theists are more interested in the spiritual existence and the scriptures are the study of the spiritual. Atheists and scientists don't study the spiritual that's why there is the split.

Man wrote the bible, some 90 to 300 years after the life of the supposed Jesus..

That statement is against the evidence.

not one writer of the bible ever met the man,,

... and that's just your assertion. I'm afraid you'll have to prove that one.

so they made up what they thought he might have said and wrote it down..

Ditto.

they heard mythical stories and wrote them as if they were true.. there is no historical record of this Jesus outside of the bible..

That depends upon your definition of "historical record" - and I have a feeling that it'll be a pretty rigid definition.

You obviously don't do much reading on biblical scholarship, do you? As it seems you are woefully lacking knowledge in that field.

For decades now, the majority of serious biblical scholars have agreed that none of the Gospel writers, nor Paul, actually knew Jesus. Or met him. Nor were those books written by the men whose names they are titled after: Matt, Mark, Luke, John.

Even you should know that Paul--whose epistles were the earliest writings and preceded all the four gospels--never met JC. His conversion--he was a Pharisee--with the blinding light on the road to Tarsus--came several years AD.

I never claimed that Paul had met Jesus Christ in person. And I am pretty much unconcerned with people's guesses as to the dates of authorship.

Mark was actually the earliest gospel--written around 30AD, but the compilers of the bible--which wasn't done until a couple hundred years AD!--put Matt first because of his many references to OT passages that allegedly prophecised JC's coming.

I know of NO ONE who dates the gospel of Mark at 30 AD, other than you. Could you get together for us some references which document that the reason those who assimilated the 27 books placed Matthew first due to Matthew's references to the OT prophesies? That should be interesting.

Matt was written around 40 AD. Luke around 60 AD. Johnny comes a callin' around 90 AD.

It is also most interesting that you place Jesus's alarmingly accurate prophesies of the fall of Jerusalem in AD 70 as having been written 30 years prior. How can you explain those prophesies and the accuracy of them?

I will provide you with as many sources on this as you wish, but I really feel you should look it up yourself, if you call yourself a christian. You owe it to yourself to know the truth.

Indeed. I am merely requesting a source - not a dozen - just maybe a couple that place the book of Mark at 30 AD. That would be a great start.

It never ceases to amaze me how often atheists like me know about biblical scholarship than do you christians. SO you should do your own part to stop this trend! LOL

I intend to ... right now.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 2:37:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nicole.......

Another one for you.

Read up. It is only fitting that a person who tries to model their very life and opinions on historical literature actually is knowledgeable on it.

Doncha think?

https://thechurchoftruth.wordpress.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 2:44:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And another!

I trust the theology department from a highly-respected CATHOLIC University is sufficiently credible?

From Boston College.......with a short video!

http://www.bc.edu...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 3:01:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 2:44:11 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
And another!

I trust the theology department from a highly-respected CATHOLIC University is sufficiently credible?

I couldn't care less what a CATHOLIC university "professor" has to say. I asked for only a few specific items up there - and I haven't seen a one.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 3:04:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 5:12:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Remember when God's existence was a fact? When whole armies would die in God's name? When gays were persecuted? When politics and religion went hand and hand? When the world was embarrassed to even question God? When world changers were Christians? What happened? Now atheist have successfully slowed the growth of Christianity. Christian mobs are ridiculed. Gay rights is legal and anti-gay rights people are hated. Politicians don't implement Christian values anymore and atheists are telling us to stay out of politics. The world is filled with sinners. Most of the scientists in America are atheists.

Christianity is completely implausible when considered from an unbiased (rational) position. In spite of your opinion - Christianity is still intertwined in American politics, education, and social views. It is time for us to strive for a more logical approach and shake off the ignorant dogma of Christianity. What you falsely view as reality I view as a better world.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:01:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 3:01:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/13/2015 2:44:11 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
And another!

I trust the theology department from a highly-respected CATHOLIC University is sufficiently credible?

I couldn't care less what a CATHOLIC university "professor" has to say. I asked for only a few specific items up there - and I haven't seen a one.

Wow.

You mean to tell me that out of all those posts you found nothing that convinces you that none of the Gospel writers ever met Jesus?

Wow again. LOL.

And why would you not admit this? Because your bible tells ya so?

We call that circular logic--and it is egregiously faulted.

And get this, to boot: nowhere in any of those gospels do the writers ever say they met or knew him? LOL. So again...where are you getting this stuff?

Imagine if you sat down tonight to write a story. About a guy. A revered rabbi and teacher and healer and mystic. But you never even came close to meeeting him. And in fact, he ministered for only three years or so, back in 1980!

Congrats: that is the same deal Mark dealt with.

For Matt: you are writing about a dude who lived in the 1970s!

And John? LOL--a guy who lived in the 1930s.

And all you have to base your story on of that guy--from decades ago,,is hearsay.

Think ya might have a flaw or falsehood or two in your account?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.