Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

What you call god is the Universe

Accipiter
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 9:30:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

Thanks atheist for informing us who god is and what its purpose is, we will all jot that down.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

And perhaps there is something you would like to share with all of us dumb theists something we don't know that you do, I'd like to hear it please.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

What is not easy for you is simple to someone else, nice generalizing theists lol, typical unintelligent stuff here, very biased and narrow minded.
And to think you are the only numb skull to think of our universe as astonishing and mysterious is itself astonishing and mysterious, I don't know how someone could be so small minded I'm astonished.


This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Like what atheist? what would you like all of us dumb theists to know?

So basically you haven't learned anything from your stay here, what I told you before you actually didn't retain. You're just gonna repeat all your little brainwashed ideas and filtered nonsense for what? So you can feel proud like you've achieved something lol? No, you have only shown here your preconceived zombie-like notions.

Let me know what you would like to share about the universe in the religion forum anyways though, I like to learn something new and enlightening whatever the topics.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2015 10:00:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 9:30:34 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

Thanks atheist for informing us who god is and what its purpose is, we will all jot that down.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

And perhaps there is something you would like to share with all of us dumb theists something we don't know that you do, I'd like to hear it please.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

What is not easy for you is simple to someone else, nice generalizing theists lol, typical unintelligent stuff here, very biased and narrow minded.
And to think you are the only numb skull to think of our universe as astonishing and mysterious is itself astonishing and mysterious, I don't know how someone could be so small minded I'm astonished.


This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Like what atheist? what would you like all of us dumb theists to know?

So basically you haven't learned anything from your stay here, what I told you before you actually didn't retain. You're just gonna repeat all your little brainwashed ideas and filtered nonsense for what? So you can feel proud like you've achieved something lol? No, you have only shown here your preconceived zombie-like notions.

Let me know what you would like to share about the universe in the religion forum anyways though, I like to learn something new and enlightening whatever the topics.

Can your bible teach me more about the Universe then I could learn at a reputable University?

I can't see anywhere that I used the word dumb so it must be that you feel dumb and not that I called you dumb.

By the way, I am really enjoying your angry hubris so thanks for that!
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 7:29:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 9:30:34 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

Thanks atheist for informing us who god is and what its purpose is, we will all jot that down.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

And perhaps there is something you would like to share with all of us dumb theists something we don't know that you do, I'd like to hear it please.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

What is not easy for you is simple to someone else, nice generalizing theists lol, typical unintelligent stuff here, very biased and narrow minded.
And to think you are the only numb skull to think of our universe as astonishing and mysterious is itself astonishing and mysterious, I don't know how someone could be so small minded I'm astonished.


This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Like what atheist? what would you like all of us dumb theists to know?

So basically you haven't learned anything from your stay here, what I told you before you actually didn't retain. You're just gonna repeat all your little brainwashed ideas and filtered nonsense for what? So you can feel proud like you've achieved something lol? No, you have only shown here your preconceived zombie-like notions.

Let me know what you would like to share about the universe in the religion forum anyways though, I like to learn something new and enlightening whatever the topics.

You are the one who is brainwashed if the nonsense you spout is evidence of how your brain cell functions!
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 4:32:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 10:00:28 PM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/13/2015 9:30:34 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

Thanks atheist for informing us who god is and what its purpose is, we will all jot that down.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

And perhaps there is something you would like to share with all of us dumb theists something we don't know that you do, I'd like to hear it please.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

What is not easy for you is simple to someone else, nice generalizing theists lol, typical unintelligent stuff here, very biased and narrow minded.
And to think you are the only numb skull to think of our universe as astonishing and mysterious is itself astonishing and mysterious, I don't know how someone could be so small minded I'm astonished.


This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Like what atheist? what would you like all of us dumb theists to know?

So basically you haven't learned anything from your stay here, what I told you before you actually didn't retain. You're just gonna repeat all your little brainwashed ideas and filtered nonsense for what? So you can feel proud like you've achieved something lol? No, you have only shown here your preconceived zombie-like notions.

Let me know what you would like to share about the universe in the religion forum anyways though, I like to learn something new and enlightening whatever the topics.

Can your bible teach me more about the Universe then I could learn at a reputable University?

Why would it? it's not a science book it is a spiritual book, we've had this talk already.

I can't see anywhere that I used the word dumb so it must be that you feel dumb and not that I called you dumb.

That is exactly what your little brain insinuates for you, it is called confirmation bias, you don't have to come out and say anything it comes through loud and clear only you are just too ashamed and cowardly to come out and say it directly.

By the way, I am really enjoying your angry hubris so thanks for that!

BTW, I'm enjoying your hubris topic, now back to the cosmology lesson which you decided wasn't important.....
I'd like to see what all of us are missing in your little tirade here....
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 4:35:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 7:29:27 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 6/13/2015 9:30:34 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

Thanks atheist for informing us who god is and what its purpose is, we will all jot that down.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

And perhaps there is something you would like to share with all of us dumb theists something we don't know that you do, I'd like to hear it please.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

What is not easy for you is simple to someone else, nice generalizing theists lol, typical unintelligent stuff here, very biased and narrow minded.
And to think you are the only numb skull to think of our universe as astonishing and mysterious is itself astonishing and mysterious, I don't know how someone could be so small minded I'm astonished.


This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Like what atheist? what would you like all of us dumb theists to know?

So basically you haven't learned anything from your stay here, what I told you before you actually didn't retain. You're just gonna repeat all your little brainwashed ideas and filtered nonsense for what? So you can feel proud like you've achieved something lol? No, you have only shown here your preconceived zombie-like notions.

Let me know what you would like to share about the universe in the religion forum anyways though, I like to learn something new and enlightening whatever the topics.

You are the one who is brainwashed if the nonsense you spout is evidence of how your brain cell functions!

Do you know what a brain cell is? because you have only one.
Lets see if we can put together two sentences now!!
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 4:46:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Nice Post, brother.

And I agree 100% with everything you said.

Religion actually constricts us--if not totally prevents us--from gaining a conscious contact with the Creative Intelligence that created and still permeates the Universe.

Trying to do this and be a member of an organized religion which forces worship to pretend Theistic gods like Yahweh or Allah is like trying to pass an IQ test while drunk or on opium. LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 4:50:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 10:00:28 PM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/13/2015 9:30:34 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

Thanks atheist for informing us who god is and what its purpose is, we will all jot that down.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

And perhaps there is something you would like to share with all of us dumb theists something we don't know that you do, I'd like to hear it please.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

What is not easy for you is simple to someone else, nice generalizing theists lol, typical unintelligent stuff here, very biased and narrow minded.
And to think you are the only numb skull to think of our universe as astonishing and mysterious is itself astonishing and mysterious, I don't know how someone could be so small minded I'm astonished.


This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Like what atheist? what would you like all of us dumb theists to know?

So basically you haven't learned anything from your stay here, what I told you before you actually didn't retain. You're just gonna repeat all your little brainwashed ideas and filtered nonsense for what? So you can feel proud like you've achieved something lol? No, you have only shown here your preconceived zombie-like notions.

Let me know what you would like to share about the universe in the religion forum anyways though, I like to learn something new and enlightening whatever the topics.

Can your bible teach me more about the Universe then I could learn at a reputable University?

I can't see anywhere that I used the word dumb so it must be that you feel dumb and not that I called you dumb.

By the way, I am really enjoying your angry hubris so thanks for that!

The bible teaching somebody more about science and Cosmology than a University or College?

LOL..Not even close, my friend.

In fact I would say there is less real science i the bible or the koran as there is in a 4th grade science text book.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 5:09:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 4:46:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.


Nice Post, brother.

And I agree 100% with everything you said.

Religion actually constricts us--if not totally prevents us--from gaining a conscious contact with the Creative Intelligence that created and still permeates the Universe.

Trying to do this and be a member of an organized religion which forces worship to pretend Theistic gods like Yahweh or Allah is like trying to pass an IQ test while drunk or on opium. LOL

There is nothing nice about a posts bare assertions. His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe.
Not only is that idiotic but completely biased, what is nice about that kind of thinking?

He then tells us that we are wasting time explaining fairy tales yet he comes here every day but who is saying the Bible proves science is wrong?? LOL what a joke science is simply the study of natural material things, that is all it does and it makes no claims of the existence of God or spiritual truth. The scriptures are for spiritual information and science is a study of physical information.
Conflating science (which is the study of our natural universe) with scripture (which is the study of spiritual information) or the idea of creation is a common weak mistake. It is quite amazing anyone has to point that out.

I repeat as I said in many other threads, there is no need to reject the one for the other, it is simply two natures, two different studies.
There is no need for any theist to reject science, the only thing theists reject is the atheist mindset, but science is not atheism science is science and the spiritual is the spiritual, no conflation needed.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 5:25:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 5:09:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/14/2015 4:46:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.


Nice Post, brother.

And I agree 100% with everything you said.

Religion actually constricts us--if not totally prevents us--from gaining a conscious contact with the Creative Intelligence that created and still permeates the Universe.

Trying to do this and be a member of an organized religion which forces worship to pretend Theistic gods like Yahweh or Allah is like trying to pass an IQ test while drunk or on opium. LOL

There is nothing nice about a posts bare assertions. His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe.
Not only is that idiotic but completely biased, what is nice about that kind of thinking?

He then tells us that we are wasting time explaining fairy tales yet he comes here every day but who is saying the Bible proves science is wrong?? LOL what a joke science is simply the study of natural material things, that is all it does and it makes no claims of the existence of God or spiritual truth. The scriptures are for spiritual information and science is a study of physical information.
Conflating science (which is the study of our natural universe) with scripture (which is the study of spiritual information) or the idea of creation is a common weak mistake. It is quite amazing anyone has to point that out.

I repeat as I said in many other threads, there is no need to reject the one for the other, it is simply two natures, two different studies.
There is no need for any theist to reject science, the only thing theists reject is the atheist mindset, but science is not atheism science is science and the spiritual is the spiritual, no conflation needed.

Religion and science CAN compliment each other. But rarely do. There is simply too much fiction and superstition and just plain falsehoods in religion for science to be able to condone it.

Religion is only a social construct and has done more bad then good. I think Spirituality is far more important and useful than religion is.

When I get angry is when the religious zealots are not satisfied with keeping to themselves and admitting there faith is by NO MEANS to be confused with science. Like the Young Earthers. And Creationists. Genesis as a REAL explanation for the Origin of Life? LOL. Really?

So as long as they stay out of my way--the way of science and logic...more power to them. Religion is fading fast in the world and one day will be looked on with as much respect for facts as is Greek Mythology.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 5:54:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 5:09:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/14/2015 4:46:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.


Nice Post, brother.

And I agree 100% with everything you said.

Religion actually constricts us--if not totally prevents us--from gaining a conscious contact with the Creative Intelligence that created and still permeates the Universe.

Trying to do this and be a member of an organized religion which forces worship to pretend Theistic gods like Yahweh or Allah is like trying to pass an IQ test while drunk or on opium. LOL

There is nothing nice about a posts bare assertions. His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe.
Not only is that idiotic but completely biased, what is nice about that kind of thinking?

He then tells us that we are wasting time explaining fairy tales yet he comes here every day but who is saying the Bible proves science is wrong?? LOL what a joke science is simply the study of natural material things, that is all it does and it makes no claims of the existence of God or spiritual truth. The scriptures are for spiritual information and science is a study of physical information.
Conflating science (which is the study of our natural universe) with scripture (which is the study of spiritual information) or the idea of creation is a common weak mistake. It is quite amazing anyone has to point that out.

I repeat as I said in many other threads, there is no need to reject the one for the other, it is simply two natures, two different studies.
There is no need for any theist to reject science, the only thing theists reject is the atheist mindset, but science is not atheism science is science and the spiritual is the spiritual, no conflation needed.

"His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe."

That is not true, I know lots of religious people that are rational intelligent people that love and understand science.

Generally they don't see the bible as 100% literal truth and see no conflict between science and religion.

If you feel that my OP is somehow a threat or insult to religion then you are probably not one of them.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:12:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 5:25:02 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/14/2015 5:09:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/14/2015 4:46:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.


Nice Post, brother.

And I agree 100% with everything you said.

Religion actually constricts us--if not totally prevents us--from gaining a conscious contact with the Creative Intelligence that created and still permeates the Universe.

Trying to do this and be a member of an organized religion which forces worship to pretend Theistic gods like Yahweh or Allah is like trying to pass an IQ test while drunk or on opium. LOL

There is nothing nice about a posts bare assertions. His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe.
Not only is that idiotic but completely biased, what is nice about that kind of thinking?

He then tells us that we are wasting time explaining fairy tales yet he comes here every day but who is saying the Bible proves science is wrong?? LOL what a joke science is simply the study of natural material things, that is all it does and it makes no claims of the existence of God or spiritual truth. The scriptures are for spiritual information and science is a study of physical information.
Conflating science (which is the study of our natural universe) with scripture (which is the study of spiritual information) or the idea of creation is a common weak mistake. It is quite amazing anyone has to point that out.

I repeat as I said in many other threads, there is no need to reject the one for the other, it is simply two natures, two different studies.
There is no need for any theist to reject science, the only thing theists reject is the atheist mindset, but science is not atheism science is science and the spiritual is the spiritual, no conflation needed.

Religion and science CAN compliment each other. But rarely do. There is simply too much fiction and superstition and just plain falsehoods in religion for science to be able to condone it.

What exactly is "superstitious" about a Creator Being? What falsehoods in Christianity exist?
Science and "religion" or the belief in a Creator most certainly can compliment each other and by no means does it have to be one or the other, it is the atheists that are insisting that science is rejecting god when it does no such things.
Theists understand science the same a same as any other which is to examine how the material universe functions. Atheists interpret the information as god-less and Theists interpret that information as understanding how God created and how He sustains it.
If God created the physical world to operate under material laws and independent of Himself we should have every right to observe and understand how it works and science is simply that, it examines how the physical universe operates and makes no claims towards understanding or acknowledging God or spiritual information.
It is the Atheist mindset that interprets no material evidence of god equals no existence of god but they fail to realize fully that science is no authority on spiritual truth nor is it capable and never will be period.

Religion is only a social construct and has done more bad then good. I think Spirituality is far more important and useful than religion is.

Christianity is spirituality, not many get that unfortunately. They rather look at what man and religious establishments have done rather than what Christianity actually is.

When I get angry is when the religious zealots are not satisfied with keeping to themselves and admitting there faith is by NO MEANS to be confused with science. Like the Young Earthers. And Creationists. Genesis as a REAL explanation for the Origin of Life? LOL. Really?

Genesis is an idea of creation, it relays imagery and spiritual understanding in one account. It is not a detailed scientific analysis and never was supposed to be, it is a depiction of layered truths not just one. Scripture has layers of meaning through one picture, it could be literal it could be symbolic either way it reveals some truth.

So as long as they stay out of my way--the way of science and logic...more power to them. Religion is fading fast in the world and one day will be looked on with as much respect for facts as is Greek Mythology.

Lol well God is not devoid of science and logic my friend, God is science and logic.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:41:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 5:54:28 PM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/14/2015 5:09:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/14/2015 4:46:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:

There is nothing nice about a posts bare assertions. His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe.
Not only is that idiotic but completely biased, what is nice about that kind of thinking?

He then tells us that we are wasting time explaining fairy tales yet he comes here every day but who is saying the Bible proves science is wrong?? LOL what a joke science is simply the study of natural material things, that is all it does and it makes no claims of the existence of God or spiritual truth. The scriptures are for spiritual information and science is a study of physical information.
Conflating science (which is the study of our natural universe) with scripture (which is the study of spiritual information) or the idea of creation is a common weak mistake. It is quite amazing anyone has to point that out.

I repeat as I said in many other threads, there is no need to reject the one for the other, it is simply two natures, two different studies.
There is no need for any theist to reject science, the only thing theists reject is the atheist mindset, but science is not atheism science is science and the spiritual is the spiritual, no conflation needed.

"His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe."

That is not true, I know lots of religious people that are rational intelligent people that love and understand science.

Generally they don't see the bible as 100% literal truth and see no conflict between science and religion.

If you feel that my OP is somehow a threat or insult to religion then you are probably not one of them.

Then why don't you begin by specifying who you are referring precisely. You wana play dumb let us begin this way...
"What you
WHO IS YOU?
call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people
WHAT PEOPLE?
squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion
WHAT RELIGION?
it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe
WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO LEARN ABOUT THE UNIVERSE?
and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you
WHO IS YOU?
should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.
WHY WOULD SOMEONE WHO READS THE BIBLE NOT KNOW ABOUT COSMOLOGY?

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is.
AND WHO EXACTLY WOULDN'T?
The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.
REALLY? The Bible adds to our understanding by providing spiritual information, when you die and realize your spirit still exists you will see how important spiritual information really is.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

All you produced here was an opinion lol, the facts are displayed in my posts.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 6:51:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe

A god is a figure of human worship; the universe is the partly-unknown reality in which we live; and a purpose is a primary goal or ideal for which we will strive and sacrifice.

There is no intrinsic implication from our shared existence to the worship of anything; from a shared existence to a common purpose; or from the worship of anything to a common purpose. Those implications need to be demonstrated; not asserted.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 3:40:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 6:51:08 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe

A god is a figure of human worship; the universe is the partly-unknown reality in which we live; and a purpose is a primary goal or ideal for which we will strive and sacrifice.

There is no intrinsic implication from our shared existence to the worship of anything; from a shared existence to a common purpose; or from the worship of anything to a common purpose. Those implications need to be demonstrated; not asserted.

People believe god is their creator but they were in reality created by the Universe and nowhere is it written that the universe requires anyone to worship it.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 4:57:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/15/2015 3:40:29 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/14/2015 6:51:08 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
There is no intrinsic implication from our shared existence to the worship of anything.
People believe god is their creator but they were in reality created by the Universe and nowhere is it written that the universe requires anyone to worship it.

But the universe is not what people are calling God. God is a hope of a relationship with something big, powerful and comforting. However, the universe is not that: in every observable respect it's vast, empty, dispassionate and disinterested. Creation and scale are the only things God and the universe have in common. In every other respect they're different. And this is reflected in the endless failed explanations and predictions of theology, which assuming reality to have been built from a relationship, fails to predict reality at all.

Theists don't want reality, Accipiter. They want the relationship. They're willing to ignore reality as much as possible, and alter their vision of God as many times as possible, to keep hope alive for as long as they can.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:34:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 5:09:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

He then tells us that we are wasting time explaining fairy tales yet he comes here every day but who is saying the Bible proves science is wrong?? LOL what a joke science is simply the study of natural material things, that is all it does and it makes no claims of the existence of God or spiritual truth. The scriptures are for spiritual information and science is a study of physical information.
Conflating science (which is the study of our natural universe) with scripture (which is the study of spiritual information) or the idea of creation is a common weak mistake. It is quite amazing anyone has to point that out.

I repeat as I said in many other threads, there is no need to reject the one for the other, it is simply two natures, two different studies.
There is no need for any theist to reject science, the only thing theists reject is the atheist mindset, but science is not atheism science is science and the spiritual is the spiritual, no conflation needed.

Once again, you invoke the spiritual as an argument without any explanation whatsoever. Your argument is therefore invalid and can be rejected as the word spiritual in your posts is meaningless.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:37:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 6:12:02 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/14/2015 5:25:02 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/14/2015 5:09:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/14/2015 4:46:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.


Nice Post, brother.

And I agree 100% with everything you said.

Religion actually constricts us--if not totally prevents us--from gaining a conscious contact with the Creative Intelligence that created and still permeates the Universe.

Trying to do this and be a member of an organized religion which forces worship to pretend Theistic gods like Yahweh or Allah is like trying to pass an IQ test while drunk or on opium. LOL

There is nothing nice about a posts bare assertions. His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe.
Not only is that idiotic but completely biased, what is nice about that kind of thinking?

He then tells us that we are wasting time explaining fairy tales yet he comes here every day but who is saying the Bible proves science is wrong?? LOL what a joke science is simply the study of natural material things, that is all it does and it makes no claims of the existence of God or spiritual truth. The scriptures are for spiritual information and science is a study of physical information.
Conflating science (which is the study of our natural universe) with scripture (which is the study of spiritual information) or the idea of creation is a common weak mistake. It is quite amazing anyone has to point that out.

I repeat as I said in many other threads, there is no need to reject the one for the other, it is simply two natures, two different studies.
There is no need for any theist to reject science, the only thing theists reject is the atheist mindset, but science is not atheism science is science and the spiritual is the spiritual, no conflation needed.

Religion and science CAN compliment each other. But rarely do. There is simply too much fiction and superstition and just plain falsehoods in religion for science to be able to condone it.

What exactly is "superstitious" about a Creator Being? What falsehoods in Christianity exist?
Science and "religion" or the belief in a Creator most certainly can compliment each other and by no means does it have to be one or the other, it is the atheists that are insisting that science is rejecting god when it does no such things.
Theists understand science the same a same as any other which is to examine how the material universe functions. Atheists interpret the information as god-less and Theists interpret that information as understanding how God created and how He sustains it.
If God created the physical world to operate under material laws and independent of Himself we should have every right to observe and understand how it works and science is simply that, it examines how the physical universe operates and makes no claims towards understanding or acknowledging God or spiritual information.
It is the Atheist mindset that interprets no material evidence of god equals no existence of god but they fail to realize fully that science is no authority on spiritual truth nor is it capable and never will be period.

Religion is only a social construct and has done more bad then good. I think Spirituality is far more important and useful than religion is.

Christianity is spirituality, not many get that unfortunately. They rather look at what man and religious establishments have done rather than what Christianity actually is.

When I get angry is when the religious zealots are not satisfied with keeping to themselves and admitting there faith is by NO MEANS to be confused with science. Like the Young Earthers. And Creationists. Genesis as a REAL explanation for the Origin of Life? LOL. Really?

Genesis is an idea of creation, it relays imagery and spiritual understanding in one account. It is not a detailed scientific analysis and never was supposed to be, it is a depiction of layered truths not just one. Scripture has layers of meaning through one picture, it could be literal it could be symbolic either way it reveals some truth.

So as long as they stay out of my way--the way of science and logic...more power to them. Religion is fading fast in the world and one day will be looked on with as much respect for facts as is Greek Mythology.

Lol well God is not devoid of science and logic my friend, God is science and logic.

Sorry, you are once again invoking the spiritual as an argument of special knowledge without any explanation, therefore your argument is rejected as invalid as the word spiritual is meaningless.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 9:39:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 6:41:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
REALLY? The Bible adds to our understanding by providing spiritual information, when you die and realize your spirit still exists you will see how important spiritual information really is.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Sorry, that is a blatant lie, you have never provided an explanation for the spiritual, hence it is a meaningless argument, it certainly is not a true fact.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2015 4:26:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Oh, blow out your butt, you dumb cluck! When did ever "the Universe" inspire moral instructions to be written down and followed?

FACT is you are an atheist and as such devoid of any spiritual experience or knowledge of what spirituality is all about. You are just EGO strutting your stupidity in public trying to give opinions about a subject you know zip about. Go to your atheist blowhard friends for companionship but here you just are dullards, trolls chasing theists around like moths to a flame.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 12:00:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/15/2015 4:26:39 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:
What you call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is. The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

Oh, blow out your butt, you dumb cluck! When did ever "the Universe" inspire moral instructions to be written down and followed?

FACT is you are an atheist and as such devoid of any spiritual experience or knowledge of what spirituality is all about. You are just EGO strutting your stupidity in public trying to give opinions about a subject you know zip about. Go to your atheist blowhard friends for companionship but here you just are dullards, trolls chasing theists around like moths to a flame.

Typical bitter christian.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 12:12:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/15/2015 4:57:01 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/15/2015 3:40:29 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/14/2015 6:51:08 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
There is no intrinsic implication from our shared existence to the worship of anything.
People believe god is their creator but they were in reality created by the Universe and nowhere is it written that the universe requires anyone to worship it.

But the universe is not what people are calling God. God is a hope of a relationship with something big, powerful and comforting. However, the universe is not that: in every observable respect it's vast, empty, dispassionate and disinterested. Creation and scale are the only things God and the universe have in common. In every other respect they're different. And this is reflected in the endless failed explanations and predictions of theology, which assuming reality to have been built from a relationship, fails to predict reality at all.

Theists don't want reality, Accipiter. They want the relationship. They're willing to ignore reality as much as possible, and alter their vision of God as many times as possible, to keep hope alive for as long as they can.

I thought it might attract more religious people if I got god involved, but I don't think it's working.
Accipiter
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 12:23:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 6:41:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/14/2015 5:54:28 PM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/14/2015 5:09:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/14/2015 4:46:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/13/2015 8:59:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:

There is nothing nice about a posts bare assertions. His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe.
Not only is that idiotic but completely biased, what is nice about that kind of thinking?

He then tells us that we are wasting time explaining fairy tales yet he comes here every day but who is saying the Bible proves science is wrong?? LOL what a joke science is simply the study of natural material things, that is all it does and it makes no claims of the existence of God or spiritual truth. The scriptures are for spiritual information and science is a study of physical information.
Conflating science (which is the study of our natural universe) with scripture (which is the study of spiritual information) or the idea of creation is a common weak mistake. It is quite amazing anyone has to point that out.

I repeat as I said in many other threads, there is no need to reject the one for the other, it is simply two natures, two different studies.
There is no need for any theist to reject science, the only thing theists reject is the atheist mindset, but science is not atheism science is science and the spiritual is the spiritual, no conflation needed.

"His unintelligent assumptions are leading him to think that because someone may be"religious" they have no understanding of cosmology or our universe."

That is not true, I know lots of religious people that are rational intelligent people that love and understand science.

Generally they don't see the bible as 100% literal truth and see no conflict between science and religion.

If you feel that my OP is somehow a threat or insult to religion then you are probably not one of them.

Then why don't you begin by specifying who you are referring precisely. You wana play dumb let us begin this way...
"What you
WHO IS YOU?
call god is the Universe, the Universe is your creator and the Universe's intelligence is us. Now since we are literally the eyes and minds of the Universe what is our purpose on earth? Our purpose is to learn as much as we can about what the Universe is and how the Universe works, it seems the least we can do for our creator.

If people
WHAT PEOPLE?
squander there given intelligence on something as shallow and egocentric as religion
WHAT RELIGION?
it makes it impossible for many of them to learn anything real about the Universe
WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO LEARN ABOUT THE UNIVERSE?
and that is a terrible sin. I'm not saying you
WHO IS YOU?
should quit your job to study cosmology full-time, but you should spend at least as much time as you spend reading your bible, praying, going to church and fruitlessly trying to convince everybody else that your religion is true.
WHY WOULD SOMEONE WHO READS THE BIBLE NOT KNOW ABOUT COSMOLOGY?

It's not an easy process I have been reading about cosmology my entire life and still have much to learn, but what I do have is a basic understanding adequate for me to get a glimpse of what an amazing and incredible thing the Universe is.
AND WHO EXACTLY WOULDN'T?
The Universe is more astonishing and mysterious than we can imagine, by comparison the bible offers nothing anything near as profound.
REALLY? The Bible adds to our understanding by providing spiritual information, when you die and realize your spirit still exists you will see how important spiritual information really is.

This is not an opinion, it's a view based on the preponderance of tried and true FACT so instead of wasting your time telling us that your fairytale proves science is wrong try actually learning something real instead.

All you produced here was an opinion lol, the facts are displayed in my posts.

Man you are emotionally way over invested here, I like that!

It's effecting your judgment because your arguments are becoming increasingly senseless too.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 12:57:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 12:12:38 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/15/2015 4:57:01 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Theists don't want reality, Accipiter. They want the relationship. They're willing to ignore reality as much as possible, and alter their vision of God as many times as possible, to keep hope alive for as long as they can.
I thought it might attract more religious people if I got god involved, but I don't think it's working.

Of course there are ecstatic nontheists who apprehend some kind of unity in the universe, Accipiter. But theism offers much more than that politically and socially, and theists know it. From the relationships implicit in theism come self-importance and entitlement, cultural cohesion and homogeneity, triumphalism, a moral excuse for hegemonism, and a banner for theological nationalism. Whatever it might do for poets and ascetics, theology is also a fabulous attractor for greed, opportunism, xenophobia and belligerence...

...as a more ecstatic, universalist view of reality is not. :)
Accipiter
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 1:37:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 12:57:07 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 6/16/2015 12:12:38 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 6/15/2015 4:57:01 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Theists don't want reality, Accipiter. They want the relationship. They're willing to ignore reality as much as possible, and alter their vision of God as many times as possible, to keep hope alive for as long as they can.
I thought it might attract more religious people if I got god involved, but I don't think it's working.

Of course there are ecstatic nontheists who apprehend some kind of unity in the universe, Accipiter. But theism offers much more than that politically and socially, and theists know it. From the relationships implicit in theism come self-importance and entitlement, cultural cohesion and homogeneity, triumphalism, a moral excuse for hegemonism, and a banner for theological nationalism. Whatever it might do for poets and ascetics, theology is also a fabulous attractor for greed, opportunism, xenophobia and belligerence...

...as a more ecstatic, universalist view of reality is not. :)

Yes I think what's going on is that the bible serves to divide all things, it divides the light from the dark, the heretic from the pious, the right from the wrong, the us from the them and in so doing invented all evil and that's where christians come from!
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 9:35:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Speak only for yourself. I was a flat out science-explains-everything atheist for decades until I had my first religious experience and was forced to dump all the atheist blather about no spiritual reality, no God, because atheism needs to put a tape measure to reality for it to register in their left-brain dominated linear goal oriented worldviews that can't see or understand spiritual consciousness.

So I came to Christianity as an atheist, hard core too, didn't like Christianity especially. But that all changed with the opening of the spiritual world to me when my atheist dark glasses fell off and I saw the Light! so to speak..

As I've pointed out umpteen times now, atheism is not a rational belief system as it contradicts the logic of history which posits human knowledge and human technology increase with time so that what was known 200 years ago has been vastly superseded by new knowledge acquisition and new powers from that acquisition. Logic of history tells us that judging by the increase in human knowledge and human powers in the last 200 years would predict powers we can't even imagine now in our future 200 years from now, 500 years from now, a 1000 years from now. Logic predicts that human beings will eventually have all the powers ascribed to God. And when the Krell Machine power of transforming thought into matter happens, well, that's it. we've like gods or God. The Gospel of Humanity shows how this works spiritually with the embedded Celestial Torah information embedded within Scriptures.

What we call God is Us evolved into God "at the End of Days", this is our destiny as being made in the image of God in the first place.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 8:47:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 9:35:41 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Speak only for yourself. I was a flat out science-explains-everything atheist for decades until I had my first religious experience and was forced to dump all the atheist blather about no spiritual reality, no God, because atheism needs to put a tape measure to reality for it to register in their left-brain dominated linear goal oriented worldviews that can't see or understand spiritual consciousness.

Sorry, but that is a myth, there is no left brain domination. You can try to explain here if you can:

http://www.debate.org...

So I came to Christianity as an atheist, hard core too, didn't like Christianity especially. But that all changed with the opening of the spiritual world to me when my atheist dark glasses fell off and I saw the Light! so to speak..

As I've pointed out umpteen times now, atheism is not a rational belief system as it contradicts the logic of history which posits human knowledge and human technology increase with time so that what was known 200 years ago has been vastly superseded by new knowledge acquisition and new powers from that acquisition. Logic of history tells us that judging by the increase in human knowledge and human powers in the last 200 years would predict powers we can't even imagine now in our future 200 years from now, 500 years from now, a 1000 years from now. Logic predicts that human beings will eventually have all the powers ascribed to God. And when the Krell Machine power of transforming thought into matter happens, well, that's it. we've like gods or God. The Gospel of Humanity shows how this works spiritually with the embedded Celestial Torah information embedded within Scriptures.

What we call God is Us evolved into God "at the End of Days", this is our destiny as being made in the image of God in the first place.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth