Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Is Heaven and Hell real?

ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 11:03:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, are they?
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 11:44:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 11:03:24 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Well, are they?

Depends on which heaven and hell your talking about. The christian heaven and hell or the Bible heaven and hell?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 11:45:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 11:44:09 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 6/14/2015 11:03:24 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Well, are they?

Depends on which heaven and hell your talking about. The christian heaven and hell or the Bible heaven and hell?

Neither, imo!
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 12:03:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 11:45:24 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 6/14/2015 11:44:09 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 6/14/2015 11:03:24 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Well, are they?

Depends on which heaven and hell your talking about. The christian heaven and hell or the Bible heaven and hell?

Neither, imo!

You're still going to be enslaved
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 12:14:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 11:44:09 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 6/14/2015 11:03:24 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Well, are they?

Depends on which heaven and hell your talking about. The christian heaven and hell or the Bible heaven and hell?

Religious Heaven and Hell.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 12:52:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 12:14:46 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 6/14/2015 11:44:09 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 6/14/2015 11:03:24 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Well, are they?

Depends on which heaven and hell your talking about. The christian heaven and hell or the Bible heaven and hell?

Religious Heaven and Hell.

Religious heaven and hell, no. Those are man made illusions to put fear into people so that they join that certain religion.

Show me all the verses that make you think heaven is where we will be floating around in the sky and hell is underneath the earth with a red guy poking at people with a pitch fork and I'll give you the precepts to them so that you could understand them.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 2:39:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It must have been very real to Jesus. His worst nightmare came true with the crucifixion. Heaven is less certain because he is now seated next to the person who sacrificed him.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 3:23:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 11:03:24 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Well, are they?

This is the Islamic view, things like hell heaven angels etc.. (the unseen world) are proven in the Quran indirectly, what i mean is if we can establish the Quran is God's words all the stuff in there must be true. if there some miracles in the Quran, suggesting its God's word, the others like hell angels heaven have to be True because it comes from the same source.

so what the definition of miracle? an event that occures without connected cause in the physical world/it hasnt a physical cause/transcends Laws of reality... for example a man says "abra ctabra!" and becomes a rabbit. it has any explanation? no. same we look at the Quran and take some "miracles" or what you wanna call it , that the prophet couldnt know. for instance see this 4 different reasons by Hamza Tzortzis the last (4) reason the historical one is very strong - https://www.youtube.com...

so if we confirm its from God, the rest must be true including hell & heaven.
Never fart near dog
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 3:35:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 3:23:18 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
so what the definition of miracle? an event that occures without connected cause in the physical world/it hasnt a physical cause/transcends Laws of reality... for example a man says "abra ctabra!" and becomes a rabbit. it has any explanation? no.

Not having an explanation = Not having an explanation.

Not having an explanation =/= Having an explanation (i.e. Goddidit)

so if we confirm its from God, the rest must be true including hell & heaven.

Great. Now all we have to do is confirm it's from God. Any brilliant ideas on how to pull that off?
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 4:03:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 11:03:24 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Well, are they?

Only insofar as the conditions we can create in our own minds.

But as far as literal and tangible places...No.

But we can create our own heavens and hells here on Earth.

For example: I have always been of the mind the living with a drug or alcohol addiction would be a type of Hell.

Or that to be completely comfortable in your own skin and grateful for the things you have and to live in a state of childlike awe and wonderment and curiosity of the world around you would be Heavenly.

We create our own Heavens and Hells.

God not Satan need apply. LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 5:19:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 3:35:34 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 6/14/2015 3:23:18 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
so what the definition of miracle? an event that occures without connected cause in the physical world/it hasnt a physical cause/transcends Laws of reality... for example a man says "abra ctabra!" and becomes a rabbit. it has any explanation? no.

Not having an explanation = Not having an explanation.

Not having an explanation =/= Having an explanation (i.e. Goddidit)

for better understanding - the effect of something hasnt any cause/relationship (u can say physical o rnon physical)/impossible in reality. its not "Not having an explanation" its the impossibility of the outcome/effect.


so if we confirm its from God, the rest must be true including hell & heaven.

Great. Now all we have to do is confirm it's from God. Any brilliant ideas on how to pull that off?

watch the video
Never fart near dog
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2015 5:43:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/14/2015 5:19:10 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 6/14/2015 3:35:34 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 6/14/2015 3:23:18 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
so what the definition of miracle? an event that occures without connected cause in the physical world/it hasnt a physical cause/transcends Laws of reality... for example a man says "abra ctabra!" and becomes a rabbit. it has any explanation? no.

Not having an explanation = Not having an explanation.

Not having an explanation =/= Having an explanation (i.e. Goddidit)

for better understanding - the effect of something hasnt any cause/relationship (u can say physical o rnon physical)/impossible in reality. its not "Not having an explanation" its the impossibility of the outcome/effect.

I can barely figure out what you're talking about so I apologize in advance if I am strawmanning you.

You are correct to assert that (as far as we know) it is not possible for a man to become a rabbit by saying "abra cadabra". So what? The problem for you is two fold; First of all you can say all day that it is impossible but that is only because our understanding of reality has lead us to conclude that it is impossible. If we observed it actually occurring then guess what... it can no longer be considered impossible. So once it occurs the question is not whether it is impossible, but how it is possible. And the how part is where your case falls painfully short.

so if we confirm its from God, the rest must be true including hell & heaven.

Great. Now all we have to do is confirm it's from God. Any brilliant ideas on how to pull that off?

watch the video

I'm not sitting through 11 minutes of holy book thumping rants to figure out what argument you wish for me to consider that you are unwilling to present yourself.