Total Posts:110|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Calling Out Koopin as he requested.

mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:18:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
koopin said Atheists might as well nuke the world....

I think he doesn't find that there's any such thing as "meaning" without God...

that W/O god... the world is Meaningless and might as well be destroyed so as to prevent suffering.

so...

Do you find the world meaningless W/O God?

if so... why do you believe in God?

if you can't give SOME kind of reason.... then I suspect that you simply cling to it because you fear accepting yourself as the hollow and depressing nihilist I suspect you of being :P
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:33:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I suppose according to Atheists that one can make there own purpose in life, 'Enjoying yourself helping other, taking down the government for no apparent reason.' But in the end, there is no major purpose since you are just gonna die one day and rot. Sooner or later, no one will remember you.

But, with God, there is a purpose. To bring glory and praise to him. And one day, when this useless world passes away, we will get to spend eternity with him.
kfc
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:35:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:33:06 AM, Koopin wrote:
I suppose according to Atheists that one can make there own purpose in life, 'Enjoying yourself helping other, taking down the government for no apparent reason.' But in the end, there is no major purpose since you are just gonna die one day and rot. Sooner or later, no one will remember you.

I don't make my own purpose I care quite naturally... without effort.

But, with God, there is a purpose. To bring glory and praise to him. And one day, when this useless world passes away, we will get to spend eternity with him.

Nihilist!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:36:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:33:06 AM, Koopin wrote:
I suppose according to Atheists that one can make there own purpose in life, 'Enjoying yourself helping other, taking down the government for no apparent reason.' But in the end, there is no major purpose since you are just gonna die one day and rot. Sooner or later, no one will remember you.

just because you believe in God, doesn't mean that people will remember you and then forget all atheists. Do you remember Darwin? Einstein? Jefferson? These were all influential atheists. Even Hitler, Stalin and Mao can't be forgotten (albeit for incredibly horrible reasons).

But, with God, there is a purpose. To bring glory and praise to him. And one day, when this useless world passes away, we will get to spend eternity with him.

I don't see how that gives your life more meaning than mine... It seems that it gives your afterlife more meaning.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:37:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:35:28 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I don't make my own purpose I care quite naturally... without effort.

Okay'z. KFC

Nihilist!

Pretty much.
kfc
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:39:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:33:06 AM, Koopin wrote:
I suppose according to Atheists that one can make there own purpose in life, 'Enjoying yourself helping other, taking down the government for no apparent reason.' But in the end, there is no major purpose since you are just gonna die one day and rot. Sooner or later, no one will remember you.

But, with God, there is a purpose. To bring glory and praise to him. And one day, when this useless world passes away, we will get to spend eternity with him.

What a crummy purpose.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:40:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:36:34 AM, annhasle wrote:

just because you believe in God, doesn't mean that people will remember you and then forget all atheists.

I know, but what I am saying is (speaking from a Christian point of view) since there is a God, It does not have to deppend upon being remebered. Since there is a God, what man thinks or remembers about me does not matter.

I don't see how that gives your life more meaning than mine... It seems that it gives your afterlife more meaning.

It gives me meaning by knowing I am doing God's will. Doing God's will is meaningful.
kfc
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:41:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:39:18 AM, Kinesis wrote:

What a crummy purpose.

I suppose your purpose is to bring pleasure to yourself?
kfc
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:45:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:41:24 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2010 11:39:18 AM, Kinesis wrote:

What a crummy purpose.

I suppose your purpose is to bring pleasure to yourself?

I don't have a purpose. Hammers have a purpose. Cars have a purpose. T.V. remotes have a purpose. I'm not a tool created for a specific end, I'm a person.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:51:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:40:29 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2010 11:36:34 AM, annhasle wrote:

Just because you believe in God, doesn't mean that people will remember you and then forget all atheists.

I know, but what I am saying is (speaking from a Christian point of view) since there is a God, It does not have to deppend upon being remembered. Since there is a God, what man thinks or remembers about me does not matter.


I disagree. Even though your life is not based off of being remembered, your relationship with God is partly based upon your relationships with your "neighbors". If man thinks you are utterly horrible, it's probably for a reason... and then your admittance to Heaven is not guaranteed. Unless you believe in guaranteed acceptance into Heaven... o.O

I don't see how that gives your life more meaning than mine... It seems that it gives your afterlife more meaning.

: It gives me meaning by knowing I am doing God's will. Doing God's will is meaningful.

So atheist's lives are utterly meaningless?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 12:06:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 11:51:11 AM, annhasle wrote:

I disagree. Even though your life is not based off of being remembered, your relationship with God is partly based upon your relationships with your "neighbors". If man thinks you are utterly horrible, it's probably for a reason... and then your admittance to Heaven is not guaranteed. Unless you believe in guaranteed acceptance into Heaven... o.O

No, not the belief I beleive in. Christianity has been perverted by the world into saying you get in based off your works. But what the bible clearly says is, we are saved through Christ and not by works. If it were based on works, I'd be going to hell, along with all those T.V "Christians."

So atheist's lives are utterly meaningless?

In the end, yes. All their works are going to count towards nothing. Although, I beleive Atheists may make their own purposes, which will still count towards nothing when the earth is destroyed.
kfc
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 12:11:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 12:06:23 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2010 11:51:11 AM, annhasle wrote:

I disagree. Even though your life is not based off of being remembered, your relationship with God is partly based upon your relationships with your "neighbors". If man thinks you are utterly horrible, it's probably for a reason... and then your admittance to Heaven is not guaranteed. Unless you believe in guaranteed acceptance into Heaven... o.O

No, not the belief I beleive in. Christianity has been perverted by the world into saying you get in based off your works. But what the bible clearly says is, we are saved through Christ and not by works. If it were based on works, I'd be going to hell, along with all those T.V "Christians."

So even the murders, pedophiles, rapists, thiefs, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. will gain acceptance into Heaven? Even me, an atheist?? If this true, where's the motivation to do God's work? You can lead a life that's absent of any morals and still live in bliss for eternity after you die.

So atheist's lives are utterly meaningless?

: In the end, yes. All their works are going to count towards nothing. Although, I beleive Atheists may make their own purposes, which will still count towards nothing when the earth is destroyed.

And I wouldn't have it any other way! :D
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 12:20:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 12:11:42 PM, annhasle wrote:

So even the murders, pedophiles, rapists, thiefs, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. will gain acceptance into Heaven? Even me, an atheist?? If this true, where's the motivation to do God's work? You can lead a life that's absent of any morals and still live in bliss for eternity after you die.

No, not everyone will get into heaven. The only way to get into heaven is through Christ. If a Rapists turned away from his sins and asked Christ to save him, God would forgive all his sins. But If one of these famous preachers lived their whole life doing God's work and never asked for Christ to save him, he would go to hell.
kfc
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:17:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 12:20:05 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2010 12:11:42 PM, annhasle wrote:

So even the murders, pedophiles, rapists, thiefs, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. will gain acceptance into Heaven? Even me, an atheist?? If this true, where's the motivation to do God's work? You can lead a life that's absent of any morals and still live in bliss for eternity after you die.

No, not everyone will get into heaven. The only way to get into heaven is through Christ. If a Rapists turned away from his sins and asked Christ to save him, God would forgive all his sins. But If one of these famous preachers lived their whole life doing God's work and never asked for Christ to save him, he would go to hell.

So Hitler is in heaven?
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:22:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay, let's clarify something.

If people didn't feel like there was a purpose in life, would they suddenly go ballistic and not want to live? No. Fact is, most people do not feel enraptured by god and full of purpose. The desire to live, and emotions such as compassion, guilt, etc are basic and biological. Not believing in god doesn't do away with that.

What does do away with that is delusion. If you're convinced that there's an afterlife, your desire to live and your guilt for fully and totally ending lives is diminished. If you're convinced of something like that the end of the world is coming, that eternal bliss is waiting for you, etc, your judgment on matters is strained.

See Religulous and Waiting for Armaggeddon (spelling probably wrong)
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:24:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 12:20:05 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2010 12:11:42 PM, annhasle wrote:

So even the murders, pedophiles, rapists, thiefs, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. will gain acceptance into Heaven? Even me, an atheist?? If this true, where's the motivation to do God's work? You can lead a life that's absent of any morals and still live in bliss for eternity after you die.

No, not everyone will get into heaven. The only way to get into heaven is through Christ. If a Rapists turned away from his sins and asked Christ to save him, God would forgive all his sins. But If one of these famous preachers lived their whole life doing God's work and never asked for Christ to save him, he would go to hell.

That seems rather unfair.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:32:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The Buddha: "In this same class the disciples are the earnest disciples of other faiths, who clinging to the notions of such things as, the soul as an external entity, Supreme Soul, Personal God, seek a [belief] that is in harmony with them....But none of these, earnest though they be, have gained an insight into the truth of the twofold egolessness and are, therefore, of limited spiritual insights as regards deliverance and non-deliverance; for them there is no emancipation. They have great self-confidence but they can never gain a true knowledge of Nirvana." [Lankavatara Sutra]
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:39:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 2:32:43 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Buddha: "In this same class the disciples are the earnest disciples of other faiths, who clinging to the notions of such things as, the soul as an external entity, Supreme Soul, Personal God, seek a [belief] that is in harmony with them....But none of these, earnest though they be, have gained an insight into the truth of the twofold egolessness and are, therefore, of limited spiritual insights as regards deliverance and non-deliverance; for them there is no emancipation. They have great self-confidence but they can never gain a true knowledge of Nirvana." [Lankavatara Sutra]

What are you now the Buddhist Dat?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:39:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 12:20:05 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2010 12:11:42 PM, annhasle wrote:

So even the murders, pedophiles, rapists, thiefs, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. will gain acceptance into Heaven? Even me, an atheist?? If this true, where's the motivation to do God's work? You can lead a life that's absent of any morals and still live in bliss for eternity after you die.

No, not everyone will get into heaven. The only way to get into heaven is through Christ. If a Rapists turned away from his sins and asked Christ to save him, God would forgive all his sins. But If one of these famous preachers lived their whole life doing God's work and never asked for Christ to save him, he would go to hell.

Lol fail.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:42:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 2:32:43 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Buddha: "In this same class the disciples are the earnest disciples of other faiths, who clinging to the notions of such things as, the soul as an external entity, Supreme Soul, Personal God, seek a [belief] that is in harmony with them....But none of these, earnest though they be, have gained an insight into the truth of the twofold egolessness and are, therefore, of limited spiritual insights as regards deliverance and non-deliverance; for them there is no emancipation. They have great self-confidence but they can never gain a true knowledge of Nirvana." [Lankavatara Sutra]

How could I listen to anything you say? You lied to me about being black.
kfc
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:51:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 12:20:05 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2010 12:11:42 PM, annhasle wrote:

So even the murders, pedophiles, rapists, thiefs, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. will gain acceptance into Heaven? Even me, an atheist?? If this true, where's the motivation to do God's work? You can lead a life that's absent of any morals and still live in bliss for eternity after you die.

No, not everyone will get into heaven. The only way to get into heaven is through Christ. If a Rapists turned away from his sins and asked Christ to save him, God would forgive all his sins. But If one of these famous preachers lived their whole life doing God's work and never asked for Christ to save him, he would go to hell.

Ah, so as long as I ask Christ to save me, I can still eat babies and rape horses. Sweet.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:51:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 2:43:14 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/12/2010 2:39:55 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Lol fail.

You haven't heard of this? Where have you been?

I have heard of this, it's just terribly fail. It doesn't mark your overall actions in life, just if you believe a rather hard-to-believe myth. Essentially, faith and nothing else gets you into heaven.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:54:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
@ Koopin

First of all, I don't know what you're refering to, but my profile clearly says Latino, and always has.

Secondly, don't try to change the subject when your position that God is required for meaning is proven false and it is in fact the other way around.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:57:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 2:51:36 PM, annhasle wrote:

Ah, so as long as I ask Christ to save me, I can still eat babies and rape horses. Sweet.

Lol, eww.

We as Christians are free from the laws of sin, but when we accept Christ, the spirit goes within us where we won't want to commit evil. That's why when people say Hitler was a Christian, I just smile and move on. It is obvious that true Christains wouldn't do such things. Jesus changes your heart, and even says that if your life is not producing good fruits, you need to exam your life to see if you are really saved. Paul wrote to the churches that although we are free from sin, we should not continue in it.
kfc
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 2:58:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 2:54:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Secondly, don't try to change the subject when your position that God is required for meaning is proven false and it is in fact the other way around.

Yea? What is your purpose in life?
kfc