Jump to topic:

Jesus, signs & end of the world

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 7:38:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well it's all over people, the end of the world as we know it is upon us. It's being a good run, but Jesus warned us to look for signs that would signal the end of the world as we know it.

Back your bags, kiss your loved ones, delete your browser history, repent for the end is upon us.

http://uberhumor.com...
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 9:22:47 AM
At 6/16/2015 7:38:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Well it's all over people, the end of the world as we know it is upon us. It's being a good run, but Jesus warned us to look for signs that would signal the end of the world as we know it.

Back your bags, kiss your loved ones, delete your browser history, repent for the end is upon us.

Good pic, I wonder if the racoon made it.

At first, I just saw part of the title "Someone in Florida snapped" and thought to myself, how many times a day does that happen down there?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
PGA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 11:16:17 AM

Those signs were for the 1st century, not now. Why do people turn "this generation" into a generation twenty-one centuries removed?

Peter
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 11:56:35 AM
At 6/16/2015 11:16:17 AM, PGA wrote:

Those signs were for the 1st century, not now. Why do people turn "this generation" into a generation twenty-one centuries removed?

Because it's simply more fun to speculate, guess, and be a "sign-watcher". That's my conclusion. In so doing, they invariably give up one of the best evidences of NT veracity, but they are willing to do so. I have said many times - on here and in person - that premillennialism and its many variations are nothing more than plain systems of infidelity, whether the adherents realize it or not.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 12:09:35 PM

You'll find that question often gets asked about religious ideals in general, that they were for a generation long since gone, why are they still being followed? While they may have served a purpose then, they don't appear to serve much purpose now other than to suppress anything human and natural, thinking and reason, honesty and integrity, respect and understanding, moral and ethical, the list goes on.

Surely, like everything else throughout human history, we will continue to evolve, we will make mistakes and sometimes repeat them, but eventually, we'll get it right. And, if our goal is to have our children's children continue to enjoy this planet, we'll need to shed those medieval philosophies and utilize the characteristics I mentioned above so we can achieve that goal.

We've moved past those ancient philosophies, Peter, we have integrated them into many aspect's of our societies and they've evolved along with us . But, they're done now, it's time to let them go.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 12:54:20 PM
At 6/16/2015 12:09:35 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

You'll find that question often gets asked about religious ideals in general, that they were for a generation long since gone, why are they still being followed?

He was not talking about "religious ideas in general". He was speaking specifically of the signs enumerated in Matt 24, culminating with the statement, "This generation shall not pass til all these signs be completed."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 12:58:08 PM
That would be the wishtians.
PGA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 1:14:24 PM
At 6/16/2015 11:56:35 AM, annanicole wrote:

Because it's simply more fun to speculate, guess, and be a "sign-watcher". That's my conclusion. In so doing, they invariably give up one of the best evidences of NT veracity, but they are willing to do so. I have said many times - on here and in person - that premillennialism and its many variations are nothing more than plain systems of infidelity, whether the adherents realize it or not.

I think it affects your whole outlook on the Bible and with such an outlook you can't make sense of Christianity. You run into a host of problems and contradictions, the least of which is that you make God out to be a liar (Heaven forbid).

Peter
PGA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 1:32:46 PM

You'll find that question often gets asked about religious ideals in general, that they were for a generation long since gone, why are they still being followed? While they may have served a purpose then, they don't appear to serve much purpose now other than to suppress anything human and natural, thinking and reason, honesty and integrity, respect and understanding, moral and ethical, the list goes on.

The point was that AD 70 signified the change in covenants. The old, in all its form, types and shadows was no longer with us. We live under a new and better covenant which does not depend on man's "good" works for salvation but on Christ's once for all sacrifice. The Old Covenant was a covenant God made with a specific people; the New Covenant is open to all peoples yet it requires Christ Jesus to meet God's standard on our behalf and faith in Him.

Surely, like everything else throughout human history, we will continue to evolve, we will make mistakes and sometimes repeat them, but eventually, we'll get it right. And, if our goal is to have our children's children continue to enjoy this planet, we'll need to shed those medieval philosophies and utilize the characteristics I mentioned above so we can achieve that goal.

You won't get it right outside of Jesus Christ. Define "right" and explain to me why it is anything other than a subjective opinion outside of God. What is the measure? If it is not objective and universal, absolute, then it is subject to change. What makes a subject to change idea of morality "right?"

We've moved past those ancient philosophies, Peter, we have integrated them into many aspect's of our societies and they've evolved along with us . But, they're done now, it's time to let them go.

And replace them with what relative standard that is no better or worse than any other relative standard because it has no base, no objective measure, nothing to compare goodness to because there is no best - it is groundless - based on subjective personal preference and power - "Do as I say because I like it or I'll bop you over the head."

That has been the problem of humanity since the Fall. Man is trying to solve the question of right and wrong outside of an objective universal, unchanging, absolute reference point - God.

Peter
PGA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 1:37:35 PM
At 6/16/2015 12:58:08 PM, bulproof wrote:

Again, as per usual, you have nothing meaningful to bring to the discussion. Go hound someone else or engage in a proper discussion and be willing to explain and justify your worldview, because for the most part I am in the habit of ignoring anything you have to say because there is no substance to it. If you want to live your life that way that is your business, but don't expect me to take the time to engage in your meaningless drivel.

Peter
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 2:09:04 PM
At 6/16/2015 1:37:35 PM, PGA wrote:

Again, as per usual, you have nothing meaningful to bring to the discussion. Go hound someone else or engage in a proper discussion and be willing to explain and justify your worldview, because for the most part I am in the habit of ignoring anything you have to say because there is no substance to it. If you want to live your life that way that is your business, but don't expect me to take the time to engage in your meaningless drivel.

Peter

Look deeply poor little fellow, there is more substance in any five words I write than an entire paragraph of you indoctrinated drivel.
As an explanatory note your wishtains are desperately hoping and praying for the destruction of humanity. Poor little things want to go to heaven, they don't know that we live and die. Game over.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 2:14:16 PM
At 6/16/2015 1:32:46 PM, PGA wrote:

The point was that AD 70 signified the change in covenants. The old, in all its form, types and shadows was no longer with us. We live under a new and better covenant which does not depend on man's "good" works for salvation but on Christ's once for all sacrifice. The Old Covenant was a covenant God made with a specific people; the New Covenant is open to all peoples yet it requires Christ Jesus to meet God's standard on our behalf and faith in Him.

And, that's my point, Peter, just as the New Covenant supplanted the Old, it's time for something else to take the place of the New. It's been around for 20 centuries, time for change.

You won't get it right outside of Jesus Christ. Define "right" and explain to me why it is anything other than a subjective opinion outside of God. What is the measure? If it is not objective and universal, absolute, then it is subject to change. What makes a subject to change idea of morality "right?"

That's what I was referring to above, Peter, those characteristics and traits can be used as a measure because we've already incorporated the New Covenant's ideas and have evolved beyond that. In other words, God has cut the apron strings to humans and we are out on our own now, armed with the Covenant and all of Christ's teachings which have been incorporated into societies over the centuries. Now, we use that and our own minds to solve our own problems, and that's how we get things right.

And replace them with what relative standard that is no better or worse than any other relative standard because it has no base, no objective measure, nothing to compare goodness to because there is no best - it is groundless - based on subjective personal preference and power - "Do as I say because I like it or I'll bop you over the head."

Sorry Peter, but the reality of our world is that we have police and laws as our standards, we have had those standards in effect for a long time.

Even, if wanted to behave that way, to bop me over the head because I didn't do what you said, you'd be arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced for a crime. That's how it's handled.

But clearly, that is not the way the vast majority of people behave and you know it. And, it doesn't matter if they belong to a religion or not, most people are going to behave in non-threatening and non-violent manners, quite the opposite of your example. What you are referring to is the small minority of folks who will behave that way for some reason, often due to mental illness.

That has been the problem of humanity since the Fall. Man is trying to solve the question of right and wrong outside of an objective universal, unchanging, absolute reference point - God.

Peter

Yes, we are trying to solve our problems, Peter, because that's exactly what God wants us to do, and He wants us to do it on our own, armed with His teachings.
PGA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 2:49:00 PM
At 6/16/2015 2:09:04 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/16/2015 1:37:35 PM, PGA wrote:

Peter

Look deeply poor little fellow, there is more substance in any five words I write than an entire paragraph of you indoctrinated drivel.
As an explanatory note your wishtains are desperately hoping and praying for the destruction of humanity. Poor little things want to go to heaven, they don't know that we live and die. Game over.

Thanks for your pointless, meaningless perspective. Now go find someone else to spread your meaninglessness, hopeless perspective with.

Peter
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 3:01:15 PM
At 6/16/2015 1:14:24 PM, PGA wrote:
At 6/16/2015 11:56:35 AM, annanicole wrote:

I think it affects your whole outlook on the Bible and with such an outlook you can't make sense of Christianity. You run into a host of problems and contradictions, the least of which is that you make God out to be a liar (Heaven forbid).

yep
PGA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 3:08:13 PM
At 6/16/2015 2:14:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

And, that's my point, Peter, just as the New Covenant supplanted the Old, it's time for something else to take the place of the New. It's been around for 20 centuries, time for change.

Dannele, it is a timeless message that modern man in his postmodern distraction has a hard time fathoming.

That's what I was referring to above, Peter, those characteristics and traits can be used as a measure because we've already incorporated the New Covenant's ideas and have evolved beyond that. In other words, God has cut the apron strings to humans and we are out on our own now, armed with the Covenant and all of Christ's teachings which have been incorporated into societies over the centuries. Now, we use that and our own minds to solve our own problems, and that's how we get things right.

Find me a society, let alone a person, who has it "right" outside of God's revelation, Dannele. The world is just as messed up with all your subjective views. Why are they right? Because you want them to be so that you can have your preferences lived out instead of some other person's - your own agenda? I don't like your relative agenda.

Sorry Peter, but the reality of our world is that we have police and laws as our standards, we have had those standards in effect for a long time.

Police and laws are only as good as the measure that is referenced. What makes a relative subjective reference best? And if you can't establish a best then how do you know that your "good" is actually so? Can you give me any reasonable and rational explanation other than your subjective group mentality and preference?

Even, if wanted to behave that way, to bop me over the head because I didn't do what you said, you'd be arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced for a crime. That's how it's handled.

If there was a witness, if not then heaven help you if I felt that might makes right with no objective best to govern us. But because I do there is somewhat less danger of me doing that. I leave that mentality to the law of the jungle - an evolutionary perspective.

But clearly, that is not the way the vast majority of people behave and you know it. And, it doesn't matter if they belong to a religion or not, most people are going to behave in non-threatening and non-violent manners, quite the opposite of your example. What you are referring to is the small minority of folks who will behave that way for some reason, often due to mental illness.

I know that it is not the way they behave, thanks to the Christian perspective and the values we inherit and absorb from it. The only reason they behave in a non-threatening manner is because they are made in the image and likeness of God and know they are accountable to Him (deep down in the bottom of their suppressed subconscious mind). The question from an evolutionary perspective is why is your idea of what is beneficial actually so?

Peter

Yes, we are trying to solve our problems, Peter, because that's exactly what God wants us to do, and He wants us to do it on our own, armed with His teachings.

You won't solve your problems outside of God. There is always some relative individual who knows best trying to past his relative best off on the masses, just like you are trying to. Why is your view the best or better than mine and what makes it so - your relative opinion or the relative opinion of others?

Peter
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 3:31:25 PM
At 6/16/2015 3:08:13 PM, PGA wrote:
At 6/16/2015 2:14:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Dannele, it is a timeless message that modern man in his postmodern distraction has a hard time fathoming.

Once again, we have "fathomed" the message, incorporated into our society and moved on, Peter. It's a done deal.

Find me a society, let alone a person, who has it "right" outside of God's revelation,

No one is looking for that person or cares about it, Peter. We don't have everything right, but we're trying. Peter. That's the point.

The world is just as messed up with all your subjective views.

Excuse me? Peter, the world has been controlled by religious people for many centuries, so if you think it's messed up, then blame the guidance of religions for that. Time for change, Peter.

Why are they right? Because you want them to be so that you can have your preferences lived out instead of some other person's - your own agenda?

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about, what agenda?

I don't like your relative agenda.

You'll need to explain that.

Police and laws are only as good as the measure that is referenced. What makes a relative subjective reference best? And if you can't establish a best then how do you know that your "good" is actually so? Can you give me any reasonable and rational explanation other than your subjective group mentality and preference?

Who cares about referencing a best? What does that have to do with anything? We are not children, we can think and reason about things and agree upon them. This is not rocket science.

If there was a witness, if not then heaven help you if I felt that might makes right with no objective best to govern us.

There are objectives, Peter, and you know that.

But because I do there is somewhat less danger of me doing that. I leave that mentality to the law of the jungle - an evolutionary perspective.

Huh? What are you talking about? What jungle?

I know that it is not the way they behave, thanks to the Christian perspective and the values we inherit and absorb from it.

Sorry, but laws are not governed by Christian values, Peter. However, a number of philosophies, some that may be included from Christianity govern our values.

The only reason they behave in a non-threatening manner is because they are made in the image and likeness of God and know they are accountable to Him (deep down in the bottom of their suppressed subconscious mind).

Sorry Peter, but I'm talking about people who don't share your religious beliefs.

The question from an evolutionary perspective is why is your idea of what is beneficial actually so?

It works much better because it takes humans into account as the primary beneficiaries instead of a god.

Peter

You won't solve your problems outside of God.

Yes, we are and we will continue to do so, Peter, that is reality.

There is always some relative individual who knows best trying to past his relative best off on the masses, just like you are trying to. Why is your view the best or better than mine and what makes it so - your relative opinion or the relative opinion of others?

Peter

Yours is not your view, it is the view of those who lived 20 centuries ago. We live in today's reality, not the reality of back then, Peter.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 8:03:09 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Prophecy:

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.

"ISIS beheads 21 Christians"

http://www.ijreview.com...

--

A few things the Bible says concerning the end of days and the condition of man:

2 Peter 3:4
They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our fathers' days, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation."

2 Peter 3:3
Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Timothy 3:1 - 3:5
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.

Psychiatrist says changes are evidence of society becoming 'more selfish'
It's" not just your imagination " young people really are getting ruder.

Today"s 18 to 34-year-olds are less likely to say hello to neighbours or open the door for the elderly than those aged over 55.

They are also more reluctant to give a cup of tea to builders or tip the postman at Christmas.

Proof: A study has shown that younger people are ruder, with those aged 18-34 less likely to open the door for the elderly or tip the postman at Christmas than those aged over 55
Research showed the age group were 23 per cent less likely, on average, to carry out common courtesies than over-55s.

Neighbours were ignored by nearly 35 per cent of the group compared with only 15 per cent of over-55s.

Youngsters were also 18 per cent less likely to open a door for a woman or an elderly person, 17 per cent less willing to give up their seat on public transport for a pregnant woman and 12 per cent less likely to offer it to an elderly passenger.

Selfish: Psychiatrist Dr Clive Sherlock said the changes in behaviour were evidence of society becoming more selfish and a 'lack of respect' and that technology was encouraging people to be more 'involved in themselves'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

--

Jesus hystorical?

The consensus among historians, even Atheist historians, is that Jesus did exist.

http://www.is-there-a-god.info...

http://www.strangenotions.com...

--

The Big Bang
So the very beginning of the universe remains pretty murky. Scientists think they can pick the story up at about 10 to the minus 36 seconds " one trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second " after the Big Bang.
At that point, they believe, the universe underwent an extremely brief and dramatic period of inflation, expanding faster than the speed of light. It doubled in size perhaps 100 times or more, all within the span of a few tiny fractions of a second.

http://m.space.com...

"The Biblical creation"

1)Genesis 1:3
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

2)Genesis 1:4
And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.

Isaiah 51:13
You have forgotten the LORD, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

--

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

TEMPERATURES ARE RISING ACROSS THE U.S.
Temperatures from 2001 to 2012 were warmer than any previous decade in every region of the United States.

https://m.whitehouse.gov...