Jump to topic:

First person to tell you about God?

Kreakin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 6:44:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What was there vocation and how old where you?

I was 6 and my Mother was the first person to discuss God.

Please add..
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 6:54:34 AM
At 6/20/2015 6:44:07 AM, Kreakin wrote:

Please add..

No one had to tell me, I don't know how or why but as far back as I can remember I always understood the concept of God. Of course not fully but I would think about God and talk to Him. In other words there was never a time in my life that I am aware of that I did not believe in a God or a spiritual existence.
I don't know how I knew I just did. It wasn't until later I learned about Christianity and what it means. As a young kid I would observe spiritual things and learn from that, I've always loved truth, people and God lol
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 7:07:16 AM
At 6/20/2015 6:58:59 AM, Kreakin wrote:
I presume you where raised in a house with faith?

My parents were not atheists but as well knew nothing about spirituality and what that entails. What do you mean by "faith"?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 7:14:28 AM
At 6/20/2015 7:08:59 AM, Kreakin wrote:
A belief in God and faith in the teachings.

Scriptural faith does not describe a belief in God, it describes ones confidence and trust in God. Confidence is gained by application and observation.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 7:54:19 AM
Unfortunately for me my late parents were 'born again' believers! I was raised with that unpleasant dogma; I even became a 'born again' myself from the age of eleven! Fortunately by the time I married and left home at 19 I had lost my faith when I realised it was not credible,
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 10:36:34 AM
At 6/20/2015 6:54:34 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Please add..

No one had to tell me, I don't know how or why but as far back as I can remember I always understood the concept of God. Of course not fully but I would think about God and talk to Him. In other words there was never a time in my life that I am aware of that I did not believe in a God or a spiritual existence.
I don't know how I knew I just did. It wasn't until later I learned about Christianity and what it means. As a young kid I would observe spiritual things and learn from that, I've always loved truth, people and God lol : :

It's too bad you got sucked into Christianity and started listening to those heathens. Do you know how many believers have been brain-washed by them?
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 10:38:46 AM
At 6/20/2015 7:54:19 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Unfortunately for me my late parents were 'born again' believers! I was raised with that unpleasant dogma; I even became a 'born again' myself from the age of eleven! Fortunately by the time I married and left home at 19 I had lost my faith when I realised it was not credible, : :

I was raised in the Lutheran church where they didn't talk about being born again. By the time I was 16, I left the church to go drink beer and party with the girls. That was much more fun.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 10:41:38 AM
At 6/20/2015 7:07:16 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/20/2015 6:58:59 AM, Kreakin wrote:
I presume you where raised in a house with faith?

My parents were not atheists but as well knew nothing about spirituality and what that entails. What do you mean by "faith"?

You also have failed to explain anything about spirituality and whatever it entails.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 11:33:25 AM
At 6/20/2015 6:54:34 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Please add..

I don't know how I knew I just did. It wasn't until later I learned about Christianity and what it means. As a young kid I would observe spiritual things and learn from that, I've always loved truth, people and God lol

What a load of crap.
Did you also know how to feed yourself?
How about pooing in a toilet?
Talking would have been a breeze?
You know there are really stupid people and then there is the likes of you.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 11:43:10 AM

Please add..

I don't remember where I learned about GOD, my parents weren't religious in any way, but I remember the first time I prayed.
I was 4 years old, it was New Years Day 1969 My parent were out celebrating New Years Eve, not with each other, when thay had returned home a very violent FIGHT had commenced between them. Terrified of them coming into the bedroom I shared w/ my younger sister. I begged god not to let my sister wake and cry, possibly endangering us. At one point I remember praying for god to take my life in return to let my sister live. I know, "dramatic" but I was 4. ...WOW... i've never mentioned that to anyone before.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 11:48:04 AM
At 6/20/2015 11:43:10 AM, ironslippers wrote:

Please add..

I don't remember where I learned about GOD, my parents weren't religious in any way, but I remember the first time I prayed.
I was 4 years old, it was New Years Day 1969 My parent were out celebrating New Years Eve, not with each other, when thay had returned home a very violent FIGHT had commenced between them. Terrified of them coming into the bedroom I shared w/ my younger sister. I begged god not to let my sister wake and cry, possibly endangering us. At one point I remember praying for god to take my life in return to let my sister live. I know, "dramatic" but I was 4. ...WOW... i've never mentioned that to anyone before.

You obviously didn't get the idea of god and prayer from yourself. Prayer is a religious belief unrelated to a god belief.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 11:51:06 AM

Please add..

BTW how often did your parents kill you and your sister?
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 11:59:25 AM
At 6/20/2015 11:51:06 AM, bulproof wrote:

Please add..

You obviously didn't get the idea of god and prayer from yourself. Prayer is a religious belief unrelated to a god belief.

agreed but I don't remember

BTW how often did your parents kill you and your sister?

Susequently I didn't see my father for the next 10 yrs
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 12:04:40 PM
I suspect I was told about God when I was younger than I can remember, but the first person I remember telling me about God was my mom.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 12:14:56 PM

Please add..

I heard about God from a religious instruction teacher at school. I was 5 at the time.
I also gathered the concept of God from TV shows like Little House on the Prairie.
I heard my grandfather, an ex service man, talk about the non existence of God.
I heard my grandmother talk about her religious experiences.
My parents told me I should make up my own mind about whether any Gods existed or not.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 12:18:53 PM

Please add..

My Mom. She was Catholic. And I was baptized Catholic and attended parochial school up to the 8th grade.

But then I got out of the oppressive and murderous and pederast cult that is known as the RCC as soon as I could.

In other words, like Paul said, I put away childish things and became learned and wise and logical and saw no more need for an adult version of an imaginary childhood friend. Which christians call god.

I came into the warm and light and bright cloak of Agnosticism and Atheism--never to return to the Dark and Foreboding Land of Superstitious Ignorance that is called Organized Religion.

Thank you for asking!

Drew
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.