Jump to topic:

Who says I don't like Gospel Music?

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 4:10:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Please check out My favorite Gospel song.

Or Christian Rock song, if you prefer.

It sums up my beliefs and Theology in a Nutshell.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com...

PS..It occurred to me that this song should be instilled into the Psalms.

Doncha think?

LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 1:05:37 AM
At 6/20/2015 4:10:18 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Enjoy!

Doncha think?

LOL

You mean the line...
"You'll never make a saint of me" ?

It seems believing in Jesus never makes a saint of anyone. They claim to still be sinners regardless of their beliefs. Apparently their belief in Jesus gives them a license to sin and they get away with it if they go to confession and confess their sins daily so they can be forgiven by their perfect invisible entity who they claim to follow but they do not follow his example at all in reality.

They do not change from sinners into saints. They change from unbelieving sinners into believing sinners who seem to believe they can sin and get away with it as long as they believe some immortal supernatural entity died to pay for their sins.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 2:51:39 AM

Enjoy!

Doncha think?

LOL

My favorite is a song by the Baptist Death Metal Band, Pilot and the Juice Makers "ive got the baby jesus on a pike"
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 2:58:02 AM
At 6/21/2015 2:51:39 AM, ironslippers wrote:

Enjoy!

Doncha think?

LOL

My favorite is a song by the Baptist Death Metal Band, Pilot and the Juice Makers "ive got the baby jesus on a pike"

Yea I know...
Next your going to tell me I can't make a cartoon of Muhammad.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 3:44:01 PM
At 6/21/2015 1:05:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Enjoy!

Doncha think?

LOL

You mean the line...

It seems believing in Jesus never makes a saint of anyone. They claim to still be sinners regardless of their beliefs. Apparently their belief in Jesus gives them a license to sin and they get away with it if they go to confession and confess their sins daily so they can be forgiven by their perfect invisible entity who they claim to follow but they do not follow his example at all in reality.

They do not change from sinners into saints. They change from unbelieving sinners into believing sinners who seem to believe they can sin and get away with it as long as they believe some immortal supernatural entity died to pay for their sins.

Yep...that line "You'll never make a Saint of me" is indeed the lyric that inspired my Username and Avatar. Being a rock musician, as well as a devout Stones fan, and a devout Agnostic and Recovering Catholic, it just seemed to fit perfectly. (plus people say I look a bit like the younger Jagger in that pic.)

I agree with you about the christian hypocrisy. That is, so long as they believe--or do to confession--it's all good and they have a sort of carte blanche to go out and sin some more. After all; why not? (they reason). Salvation and forgiveness is only a prayer away! LOL. All they think they have to do is keep coming back to JC and turning their lives over again. And again.

The sad irony of all this is--well, sad for them--is that if he were alive today JC would, I think, much rather spend time with somebody like yours truly than them! Because I KNOW I am a sinner. And will never be a saint. And I would tell JC he can never make a "saint of me." And he would understand and respect this. As he would be all too aware of how difficult that is.

If you listen to the lyrics of the song, you will see that Jagger never denigrates JC. Or even says he does not believe. In fact the lyrics seem to indicate he believes in the Passion Narrative.

But he just knows that road is far too hard for him.

His humility would endear JC rather than irritate him. christian hypocrisy is what would REALLY irritate JC!

Drew.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 4:44:58 PM
At 6/21/2015 3:44:01 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/21/2015 1:05:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Enjoy!

Doncha think?

LOL

You mean the line...

Yep...that line "You'll never make a Saint of me" is indeed the lyric that inspired my Username and Avatar. Being a rock musician, as well as a devout Stones fan, and a devout Agnostic and Recovering Catholic, it just seemed to fit perfectly. (plus people say I look a bit like the younger Jagger in that pic.)

I agree with you about the christian hypocrisy. That is, so long as they believe--or do to confession--it's all good and they have a sort of carte blanche to go out and sin some more. After all; why not? (they reason). Salvation and forgiveness is only a prayer away! LOL. All they think they have to do is keep coming back to JC and turning their lives over again. And again.

The sad irony of all this is--well, sad for them--is that if he were alive today JC would, I think, much rather spend time with somebody like yours truly than them! Because I KNOW I am a sinner. And will never be a saint. And I would tell JC he can never make a "saint of me." And he would understand and respect this. As he would be all too aware of how difficult that is.

If you listen to the lyrics of the song, you will see that Jagger never denigrates JC. Or even says he does not believe. In fact the lyrics seem to indicate he believes in the Passion Narrative.

But he just knows that road is far too hard for him.

His humility would endear JC rather than irritate him. christian hypocrisy is what would REALLY irritate JC!

Drew.

Whether the passion story and the JC character is fact or fiction makes no difference to the idea that the character set an example to follow.
His example according to Christians was a sinless example. Yet Christians mostly claim it is impossible for anyone to be sinless.