Jump to topic:

Christians are really Pagans!

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 9:50:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For those of you who are not already aware, the vast majority of the christian rituals and holidiays and stories that you use today were actually stolen and "borrowed" from much earlier Pagan Mythology. The list is truly amazing.

I find this ironic, since I am often accused of being a Pagan by christians. Oh, I do not deny that. In fact, I am proud of it! LOL. But since I do not observe christian holidays--again, ones borrowed from Pagans--or believe in their rituals or sacraments--or most of their dogma--it has dawned on me that the fact that christians DO ahdere to these stories makes them MORE Pagan-like than me! LOL.

Who woulda thunk it!

Anyway..here is the link. Please check it out; you guys owe it to yourselves to see how un-original your religion is. It is only fitting that you know the full story behind something you base much of your belief system on.

(I am here not to bash. I just want to light a candle for you instead of curse your darkness.)

Drew.

http://pocm.info...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 10:06:03 PM
There is no real divide between "pagan" religions, deities, rituals, beliefs and Bible ones as Abrahamic religions of Judaism and Pauline Christianity are based upon far older pagan religious ideas forced through a very unconvincing "monotheism" filter. But since Abrahamic believers before the 19th Century were led without anything but priesthood propagandists they were never told of the earlier pagan religious contributions, stories reworked by first Judah priesthoods, then Rome's Catholic ones, to create religious priesthood control of worship of God.

Since Judaism is based on religious war with Gentiles it started the whole Abrahamic pagan gods are us but we deny this ruse. Indeed, "Israel" the name itself belies its pagan god foundation as no ancient Canaanite or Egyptian person hearing that name "Israel" would ever think it meant "he struggles with God". Nope, they would immediately think the name was shorthand for the three top gods worshiped in Egypt and the one in Canaan. Isis, RA, EL. Judaism and Pauline Christianity are all about capturing pagan deities and religious beliefs to be remade into "monotheism", you know, as if three gods in one Israel qualifies Judaism to have authority on monotheistic belief.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 11:15:16 PM
At 6/21/2015 9:50:17 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
For those of you who are not already aware, the vast majority of the christian rituals and holidiays and stories that you use today were actually stolen and "borrowed" from much earlier Pagan Mythology. The list is truly amazing.

I find this ironic, since I am often accused of being a Pagan by christians. Oh, I do not deny that. In fact, I am proud of it! LOL. But since I do not observe christian holidays--again, ones borrowed from Pagans--or believe in their rituals or sacraments--or most of their dogma--it has dawned on me that the fact that christians DO ahdere to these stories makes them MORE Pagan-like than me! LOL.

Who woulda thunk it!

Anyway..here is the link. Please check it out; you guys owe it to yourselves to see how un-original your religion is. It is only fitting that you know the full story behind something you base much of your belief system on.

(I am here not to bash. I just want to light a candle for you instead of curse your darkness.)

Drew.

Did you just figure that out now? Christianity was created by man, just as all the other religions, so of course it'd be a pagan religion.
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 11:37:47 PM

Who woulda thunk it!

Drew.

http://pocm.info... : :

All the religions of the world are pagan according to biblical prophecies.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 1:27:51 AM

I find this ironic, since I am often accused of being a Pagan by christians. Oh, I do not deny that. In fact, I am proud of it! LOL. But since I do not observe christian holidays.....

There are no "Christian holidays" in the Bible, not in the form that you are referencing. There is no Christmas, no Easter (the KJV is a mistranslation), and none of the others. Thus, we do not celebrate them other than as national holidays. I think you are speaking more of "holidays" incorporated at various times by Catholicism, not Christianity (unless you call Catholicism an off-shoot of Christianity).
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 1:32:30 AM
At 6/22/2015 1:27:51 AM, annanicole wrote:

I find this ironic, since I am often accused of being a Pagan by christians. Oh, I do not deny that. In fact, I am proud of it! LOL. But since I do not observe christian holidays.....

There are no "Christian holidays" in the Bible, not in the form that you are referencing. There is no Christmas, no Easter (the KJV is a mistranslation), and none of the others. Thus, we do not celebrate them other than as national holidays. I think you are speaking more of "holidays" incorporated at various times by Catholicism, not Christianity (unless you call Catholicism an off-shoot of Christianity). ::

Christianity is made up of Catholics and Protestants. Where did you get your information from?
joopy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:50:34 AM

Who woulda thunk it!

Drew.

Um... I'm not sure how reliable a source is that doesn't even have correct grammar in its own introduction. It ain't so? Really?
BTW What darkness? I'm assuming you mean Christian darkness? Look up "Christian Charity." The Wikipedia page has 111 entries alone.
I don't rant, I debate
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 7:26:27 AM
At 6/22/2015 1:32:30 AM, E2D2 wrote:

There are no "Christian holidays" in the Bible, not in the form that you are referencing. There is no Christmas, no Easter (the KJV is a mistranslation), and none of the others. Thus, we do not celebrate them other than as national holidays. I think you are speaking more of "holidays" incorporated at various times by Catholicism, not Christianity (unless you call Catholicism an off-shoot of Christianity). ::

Christianity is made up of Catholics and Protestants. Where did you get your information from?

The New Testament, which says not a word about "Catholics and Protestants".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 12:06:14 PM
At 6/21/2015 10:06:03 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
There is no real divide between "pagan" religions, deities, rituals, beliefs and Bible ones as Abrahamic religions of Judaism and Pauline Christianity are based upon far older pagan religious ideas forced through a very unconvincing "monotheism" filter. But since Abrahamic believers before the 19th Century were led without anything but priesthood propagandists they were never told of the earlier pagan religious contributions, stories reworked by first Judah priesthoods, then Rome's Catholic ones, to create religious priesthood control of worship of God.

Since Judaism is based on religious war with Gentiles it started the whole Abrahamic pagan gods are us but we deny this ruse. Indeed, "Israel" the name itself belies its pagan god foundation as no ancient Canaanite or Egyptian person hearing that name "Israel" would ever think it meant "he struggles with God". Nope, they would immediately think the name was shorthand for the three top gods worshiped in Egypt and the one in Canaan. Isis, RA, EL. Judaism and Pauline Christianity are all about capturing pagan deities and religious beliefs to be remade into "monotheism", you know, as if three gods in one Israel qualifies Judaism to have authority on monotheistic belief.

Exactly right, mate!

Good post. Thanks!
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 12:15:58 PM

There are no "Christian holidays" in the Bible, not in the form that you are referencing. There is no Christmas, no Easter (the KJV is a mistranslation), and none of the others. Thus, we do not celebrate them other than as national holidays. I think you are speaking more of "holidays" incorporated at various times by Catholicism, not Christianity (unless you call Catholicism an off-shoot of Christianity).

But christians observe those holidays today, and engage in their attendant rituals. This..they are engaging in what originated as Pagan rites. This was the gist of my OP.

I never broached the subject of biblical content.

"Hmm.... then again...if those holidays are Pagan--which they are!--and NOT in your bible, then why do you guys observe them? "Ishtar." Really? LOL. ("Ishtar" was the original Easter!).

Seems like performing things not in the bible makes y'all even MORE Paganistic!

Also..are not you engaging in the forbidden Idolatry with things like Santa and the Easter Bunny? And isn't Halloween evil?? LOL. Isn't a XMAS tree an icon?

Sinners! I'm telling Yahweh!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:39:04 PM
At 6/22/2015 12:15:58 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

But christians observe those holidays today,

What you are loosely calling "Christians" do.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:45:58 PM
For those of you who are not already aware, the vast majority of the christian rituals and holidiays and stories that you use today were actually stolen and "borrowed" from much earlier Pagan Mythology.

And why should anyone believe your claim? You could as well claim that those are copied from Bible to make it look like copy.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:49:13 PM
At 6/22/2015 3:45:58 PM, 12_13 wrote:
For those of you who are not already aware, the vast majority of the christian rituals and holidiays and stories that you use today were actually stolen and "borrowed" from much earlier Pagan Mythology.

And why should anyone believe your claim? You could as well claim that those are copied from Bible to make it look like copy.

Are you serious?

LOL---don't you know your bible? Look them up. Anyone of them. The claim is not mine, btw, they are well-known. I will post more if you like. How about some "evil" bible verses? That show how God was a capricious murderer and child-killer? Want some of those? Name it, bro. You are speaking with a biblical scholar who happens to be an Atheist.

Check this one out: Yahweh once helped Elijah murder about 40 kids just becasue they called Elijah "baldy."

There's your God.
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:18:45 PM
At 6/22/2015 7:26:27 AM, annanicole wrote:

The New Testament, which says not a word about "Catholics and Protestants". : :

The Protestant churches were started by reformers who didn't accept the interpretations and laws of the Vatican, which was the governing body established by false prophets. Christianity is made up of both Catholicism and the Protestant churches.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:44:48 PM
At 6/22/2015 5:18:45 PM, E2D2 wrote:

The Protestant churches were started by reformers who didn't accept the interpretations and laws of the Vatican, which was the governing body established by false prophets. Christianity is made up of both Catholicism and the Protestant churches.

Of course it is.

But you must remember that the Prots still observe these Pagan-originated Holidays. Also, at the end of the day, there is very little difference between the Catholic Church and a mainstream traditional Prot one, like, say, the Lutheran; Methodist; Episcopalian, or Southern Baptist.

Oh...the Catholics have a couple extra Sacraments the others do not have; and the rules for their clergy are a bit different. And then there is that whole "transubstantiation" thing concerning the Eucharist.

But if you take the whole body of Christian dogma from its origins, say, in the 3rd century. And then look at the difference today in how it is interpreted and ritualized between the Caths and the Prots, I think you would find that the total amount of differing views amounts to no more than, say, 10% of the entirety of the Christian canon.

Remember that Martin Luther, who spurred the Prot Revolution in 1519 when he nailed those 95 theses on the church door in Germany (he was a catholic monk, btw)--disagreed NOT with the Catholic dogma but rather was protesting their abuses of it. Its corruption. its taking advantage of the ignorant masses. Such as the selling of indulgences.

Your opinion on what I just claimed?

thanks!
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:48:26 PM
A bit more on those differences. One I forgot about was the Caths absurd veneration of the Mother Mary. I could never understand that one, amigo. Seems they pray to her as much as JC.

Didja know that the Immaculate Conception did NOT refer to JC's birth?

Nope. It was talkin' about Mary.

I would say 70% of Christians do not know this.

Anyway..here are some sticking points between the two...........

http://www.dts.edu...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:56:48 PM

So in your view there is no church as established by Jesus Christ today. There are only Roman Catholics and those who protest against Roman Catholicism.
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 8:50:32 PM
At 6/22/2015 5:44:48 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Of course it is.

But you must remember that the Prots still observe these Pagan-originated Holidays. Also, at the end of the day, there is very little difference between the Catholic Church and a mainstream traditional Prot one, like, say, the Lutheran; Methodist; Episcopalian, or Southern Baptist.

Oh...the Catholics have a couple extra Sacraments the others do not have; and the rules for their clergy are a bit different. And then there is that whole "transubstantiation" thing concerning the Eucharist.

But if you take the whole body of Christian dogma from its origins, say, in the 3rd century. And then look at the difference today in how it is interpreted and ritualized between the Caths and the Prots, I think you would find that the total amount of differing views amounts to no more than, say, 10% of the entirety of the Christian canon.

Remember that Martin Luther, who spurred the Prot Revolution in 1519 when he nailed those 95 theses on the church door in Germany (he was a catholic monk, btw)--disagreed NOT with the Catholic dogma but rather was protesting their abuses of it. Its corruption. its taking advantage of the ignorant masses. Such as the selling of indulgences.

Your opinion on what I just claimed?

thanks! : :

I don't have an opinion. I know why God had his people build false gods.
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 9:04:49 PM
At 6/22/2015 5:56:48 PM, annanicole wrote:

So in your view there is no church as established by Jesus Christ today. There are only Roman Catholics and those who protest against Roman Catholicism. : :

Did Jesus build church buildings and use religious traditions like the Jews were doing?

Jesus understood this new covenant and came to tell God's people about it.

Jeremiah 31:
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jesus also knew that the old covenant was still in place during his time on earth until it was fulfilled but not until this heaven and earth has ended.

Matthew 5
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Since we're still living under the old covenant, the true church has yet to be delivered into the new heaven and earth.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 9:26:11 PM
At 6/22/2015 9:04:49 PM, E2D2 wrote:

So in your view there is no church as established by Jesus Christ today. There are only Roman Catholics and those who protest against Roman Catholicism. : :

Did Jesus build church buildings and use religious traditions like the Jews were doing?

Jeremiah 31:
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jesus also knew that the old covenant was still in place during his time on earth until it was fulfilled but not until this heaven and earth has ended.

Matthew 5
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Since we're still living under the old covenant, the true church has yet to be delivered into the new heaven and earth.

So Jesus, in reality, never built a church at all? LMAO
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 9:27:59 PM
At 6/22/2015 9:26:11 PM, annanicole wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

So Jesus, in reality, never built a church at all? LMAO : :

No he didn't. It was already built by God.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 9:31:29 PM
At 6/22/2015 9:27:59 PM, E2D2 wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

Maybe that's why He said, "Upon this rock I will build my church", i. e. because He wasn't gonna build one.
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 9:58:14 PM
At 6/22/2015 9:31:29 PM, annanicole wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

Maybe that's why He said, "Upon this rock I will build my church", i. e. because He wasn't gonna build one. : :

Jesus was quoting what God gave him to quote. The rock is symbolic for God.

John 7:

16Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 10:22:28 PM
At 6/22/2015 9:58:14 PM, E2D2 wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

Maybe that's why He said, "Upon this rock I will build my church", i. e. because He wasn't gonna build one. : :

It doesn't matter whether God gave it to Him or not, really. What matters is that Jesus said, "Upon this rock, I will build my church" which explains why such churches were known as "churches of Christ", among other things.

Had you been around, you could have informed Him, "Well, no, ya won't. It's already built. It's God's - not yours."
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 10:33:59 PM
At 6/22/2015 10:22:28 PM, annanicole wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

It doesn't matter whether God gave it to Him or not, really. What matters is that Jesus said, "Upon this rock, I will build my church" which explains why such churches were known as "churches of Christ", among other things.

Had you been around, you could have informed Him, "Well, no, ya won't. It's already built. It's God's - not yours." : :

The church was built before the earth could be observed.

Didn't you know the earth was created without form and void? This means it doesn't contain any space or matter.

Genesis 1:

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Void
noun: void; plural noun: voids
1. a completely empty space.
"the black void of space"

synonyms: vacuum, emptiness, nothingness, nullity, blankness, vacuity; More
empty space, blank space, space, gap, cavity, chasm, abyss, gulf, pit, black hole

"the void of space"
"an emptiness caused by the loss of something.
"the void left by the death of his wife"
"an unfilled space in a wall, building, or structure.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 10:54:55 PM
"Janus-Peter Had "Keys": The PETER-god JANUS was to the ancient Romans the "KEEPER OF THE GATES OF HEAVEN AND EARTH." "HE IS REPRESENTED WITH A KEY IN ONE HAND . . . as emblematic of his presiding over GATES and highways." The pagan Romans were calling their JANUS a PETER hundreds of years before the birth of the Apostle Peter. It was this JANUS who was in charge of the "pearly gates"! The very word JANUS means "gates," that is, the one in charge of the GATES."-- From the Gods of Rome.

Pauline Christians are so naive when it comes to their origins in hands of Catholic Church men who at least edited if not authored the New Testament Gospels to steal Judaism's Messiah concept for Gentiles wanting the Messianic charisma for their own. Rome had a big stake in trying to defeat Judaism's hold on Jews in Palestine and we must always suspect Roman collusion in the creation of Pauline Christian scriptures.

All of Pauline Christianity's doctrines were defined by Roman Catholics so the Protestant criticism of RCC is pretty dubious pot calling the kettle black. And it was actually Mary worship that really helped spread Catholic Christianity as Goddess worship was quite strong in both Europe and the Americas. Without the Mary Goddess Catholic Christianity would never had made it around the world. Rent and watch the most excellent historical movie The Other Conquest to see how it was Mariolatry that won the allegiance of Aztecs and most all other tribes converted to Catholicism. It wasn't Jesus but the Mother of God that did the trick of conversion.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 11:53:34 PM
At 6/22/2015 10:33:59 PM, E2D2 wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

Had you been around, you could have informed Him, "Well, no, ya won't. It's already built. It's God's - not yours." : :

Then apparently you know much more about the matter than Jesus Christ did, because He said He was going to build His church. You say, "Oh, no, ya aren't. You can't."
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 11:55:24 PM
At 6/22/2015 11:53:34 PM, annanicole wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

Then apparently you know much more about the matter than Jesus Christ did, because He said He was going to build His church. You say, "Oh, no, ya aren't. You can't." : :

I know a lot more than Jesus did.

It is written; "The first will be last and the last will be first."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 12:13:56 AM
At 6/22/2015 11:55:24 PM, E2D2 wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

Then apparently you know much more about the matter than Jesus Christ did, because He said He was going to build His church. You say, "Oh, no, ya aren't. You can't." : :

... and you think that passage somehow pertains to you?
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 12:23:35 AM
At 6/23/2015 12:13:56 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 6/22/2015 11:55:24 PM, E2D2 wrote:

Jeremiah 31:

Matthew 5

... and you think that passage somehow pertains to you? : :

It pertains to everyone who understands how we were created. Jesus didn't have all the knowledge he needed to know for sure how God created everything. Now, thru science, we know exactly how everything was created.