Jump to topic:

Why did God make so many mistakes?

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:36:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Question for Biblical Fundamentalists. And Young Earthers.

If your bible is the Inerrant word of God--and not merely written by fallible and ancient peoples who were pretty much scientifically bereft, as I believe--then why are there so many WRONG statements in the bible. Most of them regrading the Origin of Life?

How could your God get all this stuff wrong? And if he did exist--which I do not think he ever did--why would you want to worship s deity that is clearly NOT Omniscient? That is, does not even posses 9th grade science knowledge.

Just curious.

I challenge you to read this. And then comment on it.

thanks............

http://home.nctv.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:53:24 PM
What I don't get is why they would want to worship a deity that is obviously morally corrupt. But sorry, that is off topic.
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 12:51:44 AM
At 6/22/2015 5:36:49 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

If your bible is the Inerrant word of God--and not merely written by fallible and ancient peoples who were pretty much scientifically bereft, as I believe--then why are there so many WRONG statements in the bible. Most of them regrading the Origin of Life?

How could your God get all this stuff wrong? And if he did exist--which I do not think he ever did--why would you want to worship s deity that is clearly NOT Omniscient? That is, does not even posses 9th grade science knowledge.

Just curious.

thanks............

http://home.nctv.com... : :

God didn't make any mistakes. He created you, didn't he?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 12:48:03 PM
At 6/23/2015 12:51:44 AM, E2D2 wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

I arose via the processes of Biological Evolution. As did you, sir.
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 12:50:47 PM
At 6/23/2015 12:48:03 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

I arose via the processes of Biological Evolution. As did you, sir. ::

LOL !!!!!!! You were totally deceived by what you observed in this universe.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 1:13:15 PM
At 6/23/2015 12:50:47 PM, E2D2 wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Not by what I observe. But what science does. It continually debunks biblical Creation stories all the time. Like the exhaustive list in my previous post on the absurd Six-Day Creation Fable.

So..I have science....and 98% of professional biologists and Cosmologists to back up my claims.

And you have..........what? That bible that thinks men can turn water into wine and fit all the animals in the world on one boat and that a murderous sky god can stop the sub in the sky so as to allow his boys more time for slaughter of women and children?

(BTW: the sun does not orbit the Earth. This is one of a long list of biblical errors.) To believe this tripe is to exude as sort of psychosis. There is simply no other way to put it.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 2:03:32 PM

Just curious.

thanks............

Narrow minded, meaningless critique.
E2D2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 2:49:15 PM
At 6/23/2015 1:13:15 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/23/2015 12:50:47 PM, E2D2 wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Not by what I observe. But what science does. It continually debunks biblical Creation stories all the time. Like the exhaustive list in my previous post on the absurd Six-Day Creation Fable.

So..I have science....and 98% of professional biologists and Cosmologists to back up my claims.

And you have..........what? That bible that thinks men can turn water into wine and fit all the animals in the world on one boat and that a murderous sky god can stop the sub in the sky so as to allow his boys more time for slaughter of women and children?

(BTW: the sun does not orbit the Earth. This is one of a long list of biblical errors.) To believe this tripe is to exude as sort of psychosis. There is simply no other way to put it. : :

Most scientists will continue to debunk the way God created everything but a few have learned that it was all designed by a Creator.

The Sun and the Earth are only illusions that are observed by an observer. They are not something made of real matter.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:17:53 PM
"The Sun and the Earth are only illusions that are observed by an observer. They are not something made of real matter."

Oh boy...here we go again!

Useless to argue with somebody of that belief.

Adios, amigo.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:22:38 PM
At 6/23/2015 2:03:32 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

Sow me a link to refute ONE of the scientific point made in my link.

I will be waiting.

Or we could do a formal debate on which model possesses more true science: the Genesis Fable of Currently held Cosmology and Biology theories?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:26:21 PM
At 6/22/2015 5:53:24 PM, janesix wrote:
What I don't get is why they would want to worship a deity that is obviously morally corrupt. But sorry, that is off topic.

No problem, mate.

We have plenty of opportunities to ponder that question.

Here you will find a thread by RoderickSpode on that very subject......

http://www.debate.org...
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:27:36 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:22:38 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

Sow me a link to refute ONE of the scientific point made in my link.

I will be waiting.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:28:15 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:27:36 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

Show me a link to refute ONE of the scientific point made in my link.

I will be waiting.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:28:41 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:28:15 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

Show me a link to refute ONE of the scientific points made in my link.

I will be waiting.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:28:49 PM
At 6/23/2015 2:49:15 PM, E2D2 wrote:

The Sun and the Earth are only illusions that are observed by an observer. They are not something made of real matter.

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:34:18 PM

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

I will be waiting.

Keep waiting. You are attacking the transmission of spiritual meaning in the concepts that people understood at the time.

I tell my kids that they have to stay in bed until the sun wakes up in the morning. Am I denying heliocentrism or am I conveying a message in terms that they understand? If you take a page like as proof you are simply being infantile.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:36:57 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:34:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

I will be waiting.

Keep waiting. You are attacking the transmission of spiritual meaning in the concepts that people understood at the time.

I tell my kids that they have to stay in bed until the sun wakes up in the morning. Am I denying heliocentrism or am I conveying a message in terms that they understand? If you take a page like as proof you are simply being infantile.

Nice straw man!

You know that is a bad comparison. Since you are not telling your kids they have to stay in bed so you can slaughter some women and children.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:38:17 PM
And I truly hope you do not teach your kids that the bible and all those OT blood-soaked stories are really true. Because in my mind that equates to emotional child abuse.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:39:18 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:36:57 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

I will be waiting.

Nice straw man!

You know that is a bad comparison. Since you are not telling your kids they have to stay in bed so you can slaughter some women and children.

Now who's strawmaning? Please reference women and children in the article you provided.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:42:17 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:39:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

I will be waiting.

Nice straw man!

Now who's strawmaning? Please reference women and children in the article you provided.

Wow!

Do you REALLY want to go there? To start questioning me on atrocities in the bible?

Big mistake, pal.

I will do you one better thane the Jericho story. In fact...a few dozen better.

Try this list for bedtime stories..................

http://infidels.org...
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:45:28 PM
This would be an especially piquant bedtime story for the tykes.......

Leviticus 26:22King James Version (KJV)

22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:48:22 PM
Here's that Josh atrocity yo doubted............

Joshua 6:21-27King James Version (KJV)

21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and asss, with the edge of the sword.

22 But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her.

23 And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel.

24 And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the Lord.

25 And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

26 And Joshua adjured them at that time, saying, Cursed be the man before the Lord, that riseth up and buildeth this city Jericho: he shall lay the foundation thereof in his firstborn, and in his youngest son shall he set up the gates of it.

27 So the Lord was with Joshua; and his fame was noised throughout all the country.

Donha hate it when an Atheist knows your bible better than you do? LOL
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:48:44 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:48:22 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Here's that Josh atrocity you doubted............

21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and asss, with the edge of the sword.

22 But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her.

23 And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel.

24 And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the Lord.

25 And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

26 And Joshua adjured them at that time, saying, Cursed be the man before the Lord, that riseth up and buildeth this city Jericho: he shall lay the foundation thereof in his firstborn, and in his youngest son shall he set up the gates of it.

27 So the Lord was with Joshua; and his fame was noised throughout all the country.

Donha hate it when an Atheist knows your bible better than you do? LOL
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:51:13 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:42:17 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

I will be waiting.

Nice straw man!

Wow!

Do you REALLY want to go there? To start questioning me on atrocities in the bible?

Big mistake, pal.

So in other words, no the article you posted had actually nothing to do with women and children being murdered and you've been caught out in your falsification.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:56:16 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:51:13 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

I will be waiting.

Nice straw man!

Wow!

Big mistake, pal.

So in other words, no the article you posted had actually nothing to do with women and children being murdered and you've been caught out in your falsification.

Are you braindead?

I just posted it..along with dozens of other bible atrocities.

here it is again...............

12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:57:23 PM

If your bible is the Inerrant word of God--and not merely written by fallible and ancient peoples who were pretty much scientifically bereft, as I believe--then why are there so many WRONG statements in the bible.

Sorry, I don"t know any mistake in the Bible. And your link doesn"t provide any. Maybe you should go and practice and make your own well taught questions.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:58:50 PM
GEORGEER!!!

Ever get the feeling ya messed with the wrong dude?

LOL.

More bedtime stories for your kids...........

3) Murdering Children

Kill Sons of Sinners
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

God Will Kill Children
The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

Kill Men, Women, and Children
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all " old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

God Kills all the First Born of Egypt
And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Kill Old Men and Young Women
"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)
(Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)

God Will Kill the Children of Sinners
If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

More Rape and Baby Killing
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 4:03:35 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:56:16 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/23/2015 3:51:13 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Just curious.

thanks............

Wrong.

It's pure science.

I will be waiting.

Nice straw man!

Wow!

Big mistake, pal.

Are you braindead?

I just posted it..along with dozens of other bible atrocities.

here it is again...............

THIS was your article:

Please show me murder of women and children in it or retract your comment about strawmaning because this thread is about SCIENCE.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 4:06:05 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:57:23 PM, 12_13 wrote:

If your bible is the Inerrant word of God--and not merely written by fallible and ancient peoples who were pretty much scientifically bereft, as I believe--then why are there so many WRONG statements in the bible.

Sorry, I don"t know any mistake in the Bible. And your link doesn"t provide any. Maybe you should go and practice and make your own well taught questions.

Apparently I--an Atheist--knows your bible better then you do.

Which is not unusal I have found, for Christians to be ignorant of the very book they hold so dear.

Here is a list of HUNDREDS of biblical mistakes and contradictions.

I dare you..I challenge you. to spend ten minutes reading them and then to come back at me with your lame crapola.