Total Posts:78|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Creationists, take note..

dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...

If I had a penny for every promissory note.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 10:54:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...

1. Life came about by a manufacturing process.
2. Creation of Life from non-living material requires the top-down injection of information from an intelligent agency.

I haven't seen anything that falsifies those two statements.

If scientist come up with a soup, or a complex scenario, An Epic tale to rival any creation myth.. Spanning from asteroids and dead stars to anoxic water under glaciers, to the bottom of the ocean from thermal vents. Even if they write such a tale, it still will have no weight without some kind of evidence.

A bunch of dopes talk about Religion being "ad hoc" explanations, When you see so many "scientifically minded" people accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:01:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 10:54:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
Even if they write such a tale, it still will have no weight without some kind of evidence.

Just like your Bible.

A bunch of dopes talk about Religion being "ad hoc" explanations, When you see so many "scientifically minded" people accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence.

Just like your Bible, a bunch of dopes "accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence."
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:19:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:01:28 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:54:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
Even if they write such a tale, it still will have no weight without some kind of evidence.

Just like your Bible.

A bunch of dopes talk about Religion being "ad hoc" explanations, When you see so many "scientifically minded" people accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence.

Just like your Bible, a bunch of dopes "accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence."

There you go again resorting to insults and trolling.

You have no respect for other people who hold different views to you, you don't care if you cause them any pain, all you care about is your own selfish point of view.

Even if religion were false, you would be no better for it, you spend your life throwing around insults and being hurtful to anybody of faith. You really are a sad sad sad human being.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:19:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:01:28 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:54:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
Even if they write such a tale, it still will have no weight without some kind of evidence.

Just like your Bible.

A bunch of dopes talk about Religion being "ad hoc" explanations, When you see so many "scientifically minded" people accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence.

Just like your Bible, a bunch of dopes "accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence."

There you go again resorting to insults and trolling.

If you hadn't noticed, John, I was responding in kind to Mhkiel.

You have no respect for other people who hold different views to you, you don't care if you cause them any pain, all you care about is your own selfish point of view.

Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.

Even if religion were false, you would be no better for it, you spend your life throwing around insults and being hurtful to anybody of faith. You really are a sad sad sad human being.

Poor John, still unable to formulate any kind of cohesive argument, unable to separate himself from his beliefs, taking personally the criticisms of his faith as if we were talking about him.

Your religion is despicable John. Deal with it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:32:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:19:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:01:28 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:54:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
Even if they write such a tale, it still will have no weight without some kind of evidence.

Just like your Bible.

A bunch of dopes talk about Religion being "ad hoc" explanations, When you see so many "scientifically minded" people accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence.

Just like your Bible, a bunch of dopes "accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence."

There you go again resorting to insults and trolling.

If you hadn't noticed, John, I was responding in kind to Mhkiel.

You have no respect for other people who hold different views to you, you don't care if you cause them any pain, all you care about is your own selfish point of view.

Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.

Even if religion were false, you would be no better for it, you spend your life throwing around insults and being hurtful to anybody of faith. You really are a sad sad sad human being.

Poor John, still unable to formulate any kind of cohesive argument, unable to separate himself from his beliefs, taking personally the criticisms of his faith as if we were talking about him.

Your religion is despicable John. Deal with it.


Which religion is that Daniel?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:39:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.

Your attitude of insult and disrespect to fellow humans is a detriment to society.

You haver become no better than that which you hate, And attitudes are contagious, but sadly yours isn't worth catching.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:42:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:39:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.


Your attitude of insult and disrespect to fellow humans is a detriment to society.

My insult and disrespect is towards religions, John, but for some reason you believe one's religion is part of the person like an arm or a leg. Very childish, John.

You haver become no better than that which you hate, And attitudes are contagious, but sadly yours isn't worth catching.

LOL. Ok John, whatever you say.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:45:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Your religion is despicable John. Deal with it.

Again

And which religion is that Daniel.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:47:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:42:37 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:39:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.


Your attitude of insult and disrespect to fellow humans is a detriment to society.

My insult and disrespect is towards religions, John, but for some reason you believe one's religion is part of the person like an arm or a leg. Very childish, John.

You haver become no better than that which you hate, And attitudes are contagious, but sadly yours isn't worth catching.

LOL. Ok John, whatever you say.

You might try and fool me but please don't fool yourself, you are rude to people outright Daniel, you have no respect for people feelings or the pain you could be causing.

You are no better than that what you hate, face it.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:48:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 10:54:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...

1. Life came about by a manufacturing process.
2. Creation of Life from non-living material requires the top-down injection of information from an intelligent agency.

Both are unsupported assertions. Demonstrate their veracity and you might have an argument.

I haven't seen anything that falsifies those two statements.

You haven't shown anything to support them either. Assertions without evidence can be rejected.

If scientist come up with a soup, or a complex scenario, An Epic tale to rival any creation myth.. Spanning from asteroids and dead stars to anoxic water under glaciers, to the bottom of the ocean from thermal vents. Even if they write such a tale, it still will have no weight without some kind of evidence.

They know that, hence they do not claim to have proven anything, just shown a possible method for the development of the basic building blocks of life. Only religions claims to 'know' how it happened.

A bunch of dopes talk about Religion being "ad hoc" explanations, When you see so many "scientifically minded" people accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence.

Project much? "When you see so many "scientifically minded" people accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence." should read "When you see so many "religiously minded" people accepting the explanation that sounds reasonable to them (aka supports the concept they want), but with out evidence." That's how religion works, not science. Science constantly seeks to falsify hypotheses, always testing them to determine if they still provide the best model of reality. Religion, Christianity in particular, takes a book written over two millennia ago by people who had no more concept of how the world works than a toddler and declares them sacred, inerrant, and unassailable. Try again, dude. Your fallacies are showing.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:15:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.

It's been the only horse in the race since time immemorial, and one of the most sought after answers of nations throughout ages, based on a belief that inanimate matter become animate, In my opinion it's impossible and it will take more than a valid hypothesis to convince me otherwise, until they actually demonstrate that inanimate matter can become animated and alive.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:17:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 11:47:26 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:42:37 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:39:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.


Your attitude of insult and disrespect to fellow humans is a detriment to society.

My insult and disrespect is towards religions, John, but for some reason you believe one's religion is part of the person like an arm or a leg. Very childish, John.

You haver become no better than that which you hate, And attitudes are contagious, but sadly yours isn't worth catching.

LOL. Ok John, whatever you say.


You might try and fool me but please don't fool yourself, you are rude to people outright Daniel, you have no respect for people feelings or the pain you could be causing.

You are no better than that what you hate, face it.

Your religion has no respect for people and the pain and suffering it has caused for centuries, John.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:19:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:15:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.

It's been the only horse in the race since time immemorial, and one of the most sought after answers of nations throughout ages

Not really. Superstition ruled for a long time and it was thought that some kind of supernatural agency was responsible for most of human history. Only in the last four centuries or so has it become a real search as more knowledge has been accumulated.

, based on a belief that inanimate matter become animate, In my opinion it's impossible

Since you have no educational, vocational, or other background with the requisite knowledge to properly evaluate it, your opinion is noted but disregarded as uninformed.

and it will take more than a valid hypothesis to convince me otherwise, until they actually demonstrate that inanimate matter can become animated and alive.

Gee, when will Christians produce an 'animated and alive' deity for us to observe?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:20:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:17:35 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:47:26 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:42:37 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:39:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.


Your attitude of insult and disrespect to fellow humans is a detriment to society.

My insult and disrespect is towards religions, John, but for some reason you believe one's religion is part of the person like an arm or a leg. Very childish, John.

You haver become no better than that which you hate, And attitudes are contagious, but sadly yours isn't worth catching.

LOL. Ok John, whatever you say.


You might try and fool me but please don't fool yourself, you are rude to people outright Daniel, you have no respect for people feelings or the pain you could be causing.

You are no better than that what you hate, face it.

Your religion has no respect for people and the pain and suffering it has caused for centuries, John.

Starwman

Answer the question.

Which religion?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:21:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:19:31 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:15:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.

It's been the only horse in the race since time immemorial, and one of the most sought after answers of nations throughout ages

Not really. Superstition ruled for a long time and it was thought that some kind of supernatural agency was responsible for most of human history. Only in the last four centuries or so has it become a real search as more knowledge has been accumulated.

, based on a belief that inanimate matter become animate, In my opinion it's impossible

Since you have no educational, vocational, or other background with the requisite knowledge to properly evaluate it, your opinion is noted but disregarded as uninformed.

and it will take more than a valid hypothesis to convince me otherwise, until they actually demonstrate that inanimate matter can become animated and alive.

Gee, when will Christians produce an 'animated and alive' deity for us to observe?

That's called shifting the goal posts.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:31:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:20:21 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:17:35 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:47:26 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:42:37 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:39:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.


Your attitude of insult and disrespect to fellow humans is a detriment to society.

My insult and disrespect is towards religions, John, but for some reason you believe one's religion is part of the person like an arm or a leg. Very childish, John.

You haver become no better than that which you hate, And attitudes are contagious, but sadly yours isn't worth catching.

LOL. Ok John, whatever you say.


You might try and fool me but please don't fool yourself, you are rude to people outright Daniel, you have no respect for people feelings or the pain you could be causing.

You are no better than that what you hate, face it.

Your religion has no respect for people and the pain and suffering it has caused for centuries, John.

Starwman


Answer the question.

Which religion?

Sorry John, is that prelude to a discussion? You didn't answer any of my questions, why should I answer any of yours?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:37:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:21:03 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:19:31 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:15:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.

It's been the only horse in the race since time immemorial, and one of the most sought after answers of nations throughout ages

Not really. Superstition ruled for a long time and it was thought that some kind of supernatural agency was responsible for most of human history. Only in the last four centuries or so has it become a real search as more knowledge has been accumulated.

, based on a belief that inanimate matter become animate, In my opinion it's impossible

Since you have no educational, vocational, or other background with the requisite knowledge to properly evaluate it, your opinion is noted but disregarded as uninformed.

and it will take more than a valid hypothesis to convince me otherwise, until they actually demonstrate that inanimate matter can become animated and alive.

Gee, when will Christians produce an 'animated and alive' deity for us to observe?


That's called shifting the goal posts.

No, it's called what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You demand hard evidence in the form of a living organism for abiogenesis so I assume you'd apply the same standard to your assertion that your god did the job. If you don't, well, that just shows a level of hypocrisy that I personally could not attain.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:37:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:31:44 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:20:21 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:17:35 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:47:26 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:42:37 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:39:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.


Your attitude of insult and disrespect to fellow humans is a detriment to society.

My insult and disrespect is towards religions, John, but for some reason you believe one's religion is part of the person like an arm or a leg. Very childish, John.

You haver become no better than that which you hate, And attitudes are contagious, but sadly yours isn't worth catching.

LOL. Ok John, whatever you say.


You might try and fool me but please don't fool yourself, you are rude to people outright Daniel, you have no respect for people feelings or the pain you could be causing.

You are no better than that what you hate, face it.

Your religion has no respect for people and the pain and suffering it has caused for centuries, John.

Starwman


Answer the question.

Which religion?

Sorry John, is that prelude to a discussion? You didn't answer any of my questions, why should I answer any of yours?

Because you made the accusation, which was under a false premise, but I don't expect you to admit that although it's blatantly obvious,

Take note; your refusal to acknowledge and accept simple principles is a prime example of why I don't bother wasting my time having general discussions with you. Along with your foul and insulting attitude.

You really need to question yourself Daniel, as I said, it isn't so bad that you are trying to fool me, but please -please don't fool yourself. But you'll just take that as me trying to put you down, instead of me taking the pains to get through to you.

You owe it to yourself Daniel.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:39:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:37:29 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:21:03 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:19:31 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:15:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.

It's been the only horse in the race since time immemorial, and one of the most sought after answers of nations throughout ages

Not really. Superstition ruled for a long time and it was thought that some kind of supernatural agency was responsible for most of human history. Only in the last four centuries or so has it become a real search as more knowledge has been accumulated.

, based on a belief that inanimate matter become animate, In my opinion it's impossible

Since you have no educational, vocational, or other background with the requisite knowledge to properly evaluate it, your opinion is noted but disregarded as uninformed.

and it will take more than a valid hypothesis to convince me otherwise, until they actually demonstrate that inanimate matter can become animated and alive.

Gee, when will Christians produce an 'animated and alive' deity for us to observe?


That's called shifting the goal posts.

No, it's called what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You demand hard evidence in the form of a living organism for abiogenesis so I assume you'd apply the same standard to your assertion that your god did the job. If you don't, well, that just shows a level of hypocrisy that I personally could not attain.

Sorry but that's a cop out, this thread isn't about the existence of God but the strength of the abiogenesis claim. Nice try
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:47:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:39:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:37:29 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:21:03 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:19:31 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:15:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.

It's been the only horse in the race since time immemorial, and one of the most sought after answers of nations throughout ages

Not really. Superstition ruled for a long time and it was thought that some kind of supernatural agency was responsible for most of human history. Only in the last four centuries or so has it become a real search as more knowledge has been accumulated.

, based on a belief that inanimate matter become animate, In my opinion it's impossible

Since you have no educational, vocational, or other background with the requisite knowledge to properly evaluate it, your opinion is noted but disregarded as uninformed.

and it will take more than a valid hypothesis to convince me otherwise, until they actually demonstrate that inanimate matter can become animated and alive.

Gee, when will Christians produce an 'animated and alive' deity for us to observe?


That's called shifting the goal posts.

No, it's called what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You demand hard evidence in the form of a living organism for abiogenesis so I assume you'd apply the same standard to your assertion that your god did the job. If you don't, well, that just shows a level of hypocrisy that I personally could not attain.

Sorry but that's a cop out, this thread isn't about the existence of God but the strength of the abiogenesis claim. Nice try

Yes, it is, and you have specified the level of evidence you demand until you give the hypothesis credence. Surely you apply that same level of skepticism to every assertion made?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:48:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:47:33 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:39:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:37:29 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:21:03 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:19:31 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:15:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.

It's been the only horse in the race since time immemorial, and one of the most sought after answers of nations throughout ages

Not really. Superstition ruled for a long time and it was thought that some kind of supernatural agency was responsible for most of human history. Only in the last four centuries or so has it become a real search as more knowledge has been accumulated.

, based on a belief that inanimate matter become animate, In my opinion it's impossible

Since you have no educational, vocational, or other background with the requisite knowledge to properly evaluate it, your opinion is noted but disregarded as uninformed.

and it will take more than a valid hypothesis to convince me otherwise, until they actually demonstrate that inanimate matter can become animated and alive.

Gee, when will Christians produce an 'animated and alive' deity for us to observe?


That's called shifting the goal posts.

No, it's called what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You demand hard evidence in the form of a living organism for abiogenesis so I assume you'd apply the same standard to your assertion that your god did the job. If you don't, well, that just shows a level of hypocrisy that I personally could not attain.

Sorry but that's a cop out, this thread isn't about the existence of God but the strength of the abiogenesis claim. Nice try

Yes, it is, and you have specified the level of evidence you demand until you give the hypothesis credence. Surely you apply that same level of skepticism to every assertion made?

No it isn't.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:50:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:37:50 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:31:44 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:20:21 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:17:35 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:47:26 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:42:37 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:39:36 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:26:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:


Am I causing you pain, John, because I don't accept your beliefs and find them to be a serious detriment to societies? You poor thing.


Your attitude of insult and disrespect to fellow humans is a detriment to society.

My insult and disrespect is towards religions, John, but for some reason you believe one's religion is part of the person like an arm or a leg. Very childish, John.

You haver become no better than that which you hate, And attitudes are contagious, but sadly yours isn't worth catching.

LOL. Ok John, whatever you say.


You might try and fool me but please don't fool yourself, you are rude to people outright Daniel, you have no respect for people feelings or the pain you could be causing.

You are no better than that what you hate, face it.

Your religion has no respect for people and the pain and suffering it has caused for centuries, John.

Starwman


Answer the question.

Which religion?

Sorry John, is that prelude to a discussion? You didn't answer any of my questions, why should I answer any of yours?

Because you made the accusation, which was under a false premise, but I don't expect you to admit that although it's blatantly obvious,

Sorry John, no idea what you're talking about. what accusations? what false premise? I can't read your mind John.

Take note; your refusal to acknowledge and accept simple principles

What simple principles, John. You need to explain, I can't read your mind.

is a prime example of why I don't bother wasting my time having general discussions with you. Along with your foul and insulting attitude.

You really need to question yourself Daniel

You should question yourself, John.

as I said, it isn't so bad that you are trying to fool me, but please -please don't fool yourself.

LOL. Ok John.

But you'll just take that as me trying to put you down

And, that is exactly what you're doing.

, instead of me taking the pains to get through to you.

LOL. You are doing no such thing, John. Please don't lie.

You owe it to yourself Daniel.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2015 12:50:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2015 12:48:20 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:47:33 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:39:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:37:29 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:21:03 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:19:31 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:15:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 12:07:51 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:58:25 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:54:37 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:53:46 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 11:49:57 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:53:30 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 6/24/2015 10:28:33 AM, dhardage wrote:
Researchers are getting closer every day to finding out just how life got its start here on Earth, no god required. Does that not even put a dent in your hypothesis?

http://www.msn.com...


If I had a penny for every promissory note.

It's not a promissory note, it's a step toward solving a puzzle. They don't claim to know how things happened, just that they have determined a possible method for one required process.

We will see, But I am not going to hold my breath.

No one is suggesting you should. Complex puzzles aren't solved in an instant, after all.

You assume there is an answer, or that life is just a composition of chemicals, I'll believe it when I see it.

I assume nothing but it is the best current explanation and research is producing more and more evidence to support it. It's a valid hypothesis at this time and really the only horse in the race.

It's been the only horse in the race since time immemorial, and one of the most sought after answers of nations throughout ages

Not really. Superstition ruled for a long time and it was thought that some kind of supernatural agency was responsible for most of human history. Only in the last four centuries or so has it become a real search as more knowledge has been accumulated.

, based on a belief that inanimate matter become animate, In my opinion it's impossible

Since you have no educational, vocational, or other background with the requisite knowledge to properly evaluate it, your opinion is noted but disregarded as uninformed.

and it will take more than a valid hypothesis to convince me otherwise, until they actually demonstrate that inanimate matter can become animated and alive.

Gee, when will Christians produce an 'animated and alive' deity for us to observe?


That's called shifting the goal posts.

No, it's called what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You demand hard evidence in the form of a living organism for abiogenesis so I assume you'd apply the same standard to your assertion that your god did the job. If you don't, well, that just shows a level of hypocrisy that I personally could not attain.

Sorry but that's a cop out, this thread isn't about the existence of God but the strength of the abiogenesis claim. Nice try

Yes, it is, and you have specified the level of evidence you demand until you give the hypothesis credence. Surely you apply that same level of skepticism to every assertion made?

No it isn't.

I don't understand, John. You said the thread was about the strength of the abiogenesis hypothesis and I agreed with you. What 'isn't'?