Jump to topic:

God does not have sexual organs

Najs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 9:46:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In many religions, God is referred to as either a "He" or "She" and "Him" or "Her". Yet, God is spirit and does not have sexual organs to reproduce, thus serving no purpose of God being classified as a male, female, or both. God is beyond human and beyond animal. I have been working on excluding these words from my vocabulary when I refer to God. Feel free to share your thoughts.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 10:32:27 PM
At 6/27/2015 9:46:32 PM, Najs wrote:
In many religions, God is referred to as either a "He" or "She" and "Him" or "Her". Yet, God is spirit and does not have sexual organs to reproduce, thus serving no purpose of God being classified as a male, female, or both. God is beyond human and beyond animal. I have been working on excluding these words from my vocabulary when I refer to God. Feel free to share your thoughts.

So are you going to pull a futurama and use the shklee and shkler pronouns?
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Najs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2015 10:39:55 PM
At 6/27/2015 10:32:27 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:

So are you going to pull a futurama and use the shklee and shkler pronouns?

lol...doubt it
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 12:35:49 AM

How do you know spirits do not have genitalia? This brings to mind the "Sons of God" having sex with the "daughters of men" in the Bible. That would be dependent on how one interprets "Sons of God", but I believe a common understanding is that these were angels which are understood to be spiritual beings.

I suppose it is all about how you define 'spiritual'. I have no idea how you might determine that definition, and that may be why it is not really very well defined currently.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 12:58:51 AM

Agreed. A God cannot father a Son if he is sexless. Checkmate theists.

Neither does he have a long white beard, wear robes or sit on a throne. He's envisaged as a stern paternal father figure because that's the type of society which invented him.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 3:24:50 AM

Many languages have gender for nouns. The pronoun for God was chosen for a variety of reason none of which relate to God's sex. Which as you stated He has none.

Some epitaphs for God are female roots with male suffixes. I think Elohim is one such interesting title.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 4:30:25 AM
Do cartoon characters such as Micky & Minnie Mouse have sexual organs?

Would the answer be both yes and no depending on how the "material and concept" were viewed?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:05:56 AM

We know some gods did indeed have sexual organs, Zeus was well known to have fathered children from mortal women and goddesses; ie. Apollo, Dionysus, Hermes, Artemis, Hercules and Perseus.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:34:03 AM

Attributes, not gender.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:41:51 AM
At 6/28/2015 8:34:03 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:50:36 AM

You don't even know if it exists, let alone if it has genitalia!
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 10:50:20 AM
At 6/28/2015 8:41:51 AM, Dogknox wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

Yes Dog, when Jesus took Human form he very well may have had a wee-wee however God the Father who sits in Heaven does not have a wee-wee. God is Spirit and has no need for sexual organs. When God is referenced as "He" it is simply referring to characteristics God may have such as ....protector, leader, King, Head ect ect.... but no God the Father has no sexual organs, I would think any pea-brain would understand this.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 10:54:28 AM
At 6/28/2015 10:50:20 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

Yes Dog, when Jesus took Human form he very well may have had a wee-wee however God the Father who sits in Heaven does not have a wee-wee. God is Spirit and has no need for sexual organs. When God is referenced as "He" it is simply referring to characteristics God may have such as ....protector, leader, King, Head ect ect.... but no God the Father has no sexual organs, I would think any pea-brain would understand this.

Sorry, but your point is irrelevant as you have failed to define spirituality, does your pea-brain understand this?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 11:28:14 AM
At 6/28/2015 10:54:28 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

Sorry, but your point is irrelevant as you have failed to define spirituality, does your pea-brain understand this?

Did you up your medication today? That made no sense whatsoever and has nothing to do with the topic or what I said.
Do you also or have ever had a problem stalking people or following them?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 11:37:10 AM
At 6/28/2015 11:28:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 6/28/2015 10:54:28 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

Did you up your medication today? That made no sense whatsoever and has nothing to do with the topic or what I said.

Of course, you make no sense, you are incapable of defining the words you toss around, you've been given plenty of opportunity to do so but you've failed miserably, yet you still continue under the premise that you are somehow winning arguments by doing so. Your dishonesty in this regard is being called out.

Do you also or have ever had a problem stalking people or following them?

I don't stalk or follow anyone, I simply respond to the dishonesty of Christians like yourself. Try being honest for a change, you'll find a whole lot more agreement from others.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 12:59:10 PM

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

NO..
EtrnlVw No man gains the title "Father" until a MOTHER gives birth!!! Who was Jesus' Mother?!
If Mary is the female then God the Holy Spirit is the Male!
It takes TWO, TWO, TWO parents to form a child, not just one!

Jesus came to die in your place.. He died "Sinless" being without sin, he could NOT die.. "The wages of Sin is death"! Jesus sprang up from the tomb.. Living! NO..
EtrnlVw no one can die two times.. You can't even kill a stinking dog twice!!! Jesus has been there and done that.. He can't die again!
If you are IMMERSED into the living never to die again; Body of Jesus, you will never die!

EtrnlVw Jesus could not die until he was FIRST born! Jesus was born man so he could die as man!! ALL...
EtrnlVw all men have TWO..Parents.. A Father and a MOTHER!
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 1:54:52 PM
At 6/28/2015 12:59:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

NO..
EtrnlVw No man gains the title "Father" until a MOTHER gives birth!!! Who was Jesus' Mother?!

Jesus came to die in your place.. He died "Sinless" being without sin, he could NOT die.. "The wages of Sin is death"! Jesus sprang up from the tomb.. Living! NO..
EtrnlVw no one can die two times.. You can't even kill a stinking dog twice!!! Jesus has been there and done that.. He can't die again!
If you are IMMERSED into the living never to die again; Body of Jesus, you will never die!

EtrnlVw Jesus could not die until he was FIRST born! Jesus was born man so he could die as man!! ALL...

Uhhh, what does this have to do with anything lol? Who said Jesus died twice? Who said Jesus wasn't a man?
I SAID, God the Father does not have genitalia, no sexual organs, get it? He has no need for a reproductive system Dog.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 2:00:34 PM
At 6/28/2015 1:54:52 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

NO..

Uhhh, what does this have to do with anything lol? Who said Jesus died twice? Who said Jesus wasn't a man?
I SAID, God the Father does not have genitalia, no sexual organs, get it? He has no need for a reproductive system Dog.

Jesus, in human form, has a gender. God the Father (as I've already stated) in Heaven has no need for sexual organs nor does He have flesh. Two different natures here Dog, and two different bodies, flesh and spirit.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 2:04:07 PM
At 6/28/2015 2:00:34 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

NO..

Jesus, in human form, has a gender. God the Father (as I've already stated) in Heaven has no need for sexual organs nor does He have flesh. Two different natures here Dog, and two different bodies, flesh and spirit.

Still can't be honest? What is the nature of spirit, exactly? Do you know or is it just a word you toss out to appear as if you know what you're talking about?

And, if you are incapable of defining spirit, then your claim that God has no penis is entirely made up in your head, just like spirit.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 2:11:32 PM
At 6/28/2015 2:04:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

NO..

Still can't be honest? What is the nature of spirit, exactly? Do you know or is it just a word you toss out to appear as if you know what you're talking about?

And, if you are incapable of defining spirit, then your claim that God has no penis is entirely made up in your head, just like spirit.

You're one of many idiots who stalk religious forums not knowing what spirit means especially within Christianity. That is not my fault that is your own ignorance. I know exactly what I mean by spirit and you've been told and you don't like the explanation.
I don't care, you will be ignored again until you show you are capable of learning and that you are ready to leave behind your deceptive jive and harassment.

Now why don't you give us all a rational explanation why God would have a pecker?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 2:16:43 PM
At 6/28/2015 2:11:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

NO..

You're one of many idiots who stalk religious forums not knowing what spirit means especially within Christianity.

I'm not the one tossing that word around, YOU are, and you do so without a clue as to it's meaning. Clearly, you're the idiot.

That is not my fault that is your own ignorance. I know exactly what I mean by spirit and you've been told and you don't like the explanation.

You're lying, you never once provided a definition. All you said was what it wasn't and not what it was, which is entirely irrelevant.

I don't care, you will be ignored again until you show you are capable of learning and that you are ready to leave behind your deceptive jive and harassment.

Learning what? I created a thread asking you to define spirit/spirituality so I could learn something, but you failed miserably at the task, yet you continue to toss that meaningless around.

Now why don't you give us all a rational explanation why God would have a pecker?

Because he has a son, obviously. He stuck his penis into another mans wife and she got pregnant. Isn't that how the story goes?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 2:25:03 PM
When the prophet visited heaven he didn't mention he saw toilets or children. So angels and deities are built different.
But Genesis talks about angels fornicating with humans.

GENESIS 6:1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (NKJV)

And God fornicating with Mary in the conception of Jesus removes all doubt genitalia is universal.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 4:38:32 PM

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

NO..

EtrnlVw I agree... God is spirit!!
It changes nothing... Jesus has a FATHER; Genitalia of not!
The Title "FATHER" was received when Jesus was born!!

Jesus was born MAN so he could die! He died so you would not!!
Najs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 12:19:59 AM
At 6/28/2015 12:35:49 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

How do you know spirits do not have genitalia? This brings to mind the "Sons of God/" having sex with the "daughters of men" in the Bible. That would be dependent on how one interprets "Sons of God", but I believe a common understanding is that these were angels which are understood to be spiritual beings.

I suppose it is all about how you define 'spiritual'. I have no idea how you might determine that definition, and that may be why it is not really very well defined currently.

Hypothetically if the biblical story is true, a spirit (ex: Sons of God) would need the ability to change into a physical body in order to mate requiring genitalia, thus reproduce. From what I read in the bible, it is never mentioned that the Sons of God changed into a human body. Which leads to, as mentioned, a spirit mating with a human in spirit form. In order for the Sons of God to impregnate a woman in spirit form, it would require semen, thus sperm cells, and DNA which is located in the nucleus and mitochondria, and so forth. What other mortal purpose is there to reproduce offspring but the continuation of our species and to survive, thus having genitalia? On a side note, a male genitalia is also used to urinate. If the purpose to urinate is to eliminate waste from what we digest, what purpose would it serve for a spirit to take a wiz?

Yet, spirits are known to be immortal beings. Why would they need a continuation of another generation and to survive if they are immortal? This is why I do not find it plausible for a spirit to have genitalia.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 12:41:54 AM
At 6/28/2015 2:11:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

NO..

You're one of many idiots who stalk religious forums not knowing what spirit means especially within Christianity. That is not my fault that is your own ignorance. I know exactly what I mean by spirit and you've been told and you don't like the explanation.

Because he's a spirit and spirits have peckers, well male ones do.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 12:47:13 AM
At 6/29/2015 12:19:59 AM, Najs wrote:

How do you know spirits do not have genitalia? This brings to mind the "Sons of God/" having sex with the "daughters of men" in the Bible. That would be dependent on how one interprets "Sons of God", but I believe a common understanding is that these were angels which are understood to be spiritual beings.

Hypothetically if the biblical story is true, a spirit (ex: Sons of God) would need the ability to change into a physical body in order to mate requiring genitalia, thus reproduce. From what I read in the bible, it is never mentioned that the Sons of God changed into a human body. Which leads to, as mentioned, a spirit mating with a human in spirit form. In order for the Sons of God to impregnate a woman in spirit form, it would require semen, thus sperm cells, and DNA which is located in the nucleus and mitochondria, and so forth. What other mortal purpose is there to reproduce offspring but the continuation of our species and to survive, thus having genitalia? On a side note, a male genitalia is also used to urinate. If the purpose to urinate is to eliminate waste from what we digest, what purpose would it serve for a spirit to take a wiz?

Rain? ;-)

I want to be clear, that this is a devil's advocate position for me - I am not a believer. So keep that in mind if I get a little carried away.

According to the Bible, humans are made in the "image of God". Humans have genitalia, so it follows that god must as well. I suppose an argument could be made for god being a hermaphrodite, but that is far beyond what I am comfortable advocating.

Yet, spirits are known to be immortal beings. Why would they need a continuation of another generation and to survive if they are immortal? This is why I do not find it plausible for a spirit to have genitalia.

Genitalia is not limited to procreation here on Earth. Why would we assume it would be in a spiritual realm?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Najs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 2:56:08 AM
At 6/29/2015 12:47:13 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 6/29/2015 12:19:59 AM, Najs wrote:

Rain? ;-)

I want to be clear, that this is a devil's advocate position for me - I am not a believer. So keep that in mind if I get a little carried away.

According to the Bible, humans are made in the "image of God". Humans have genitalia, so it follows that god must as well. I suppose an argument could be made for god being a hermaphrodite, but that is far beyond what I am comfortable advocating.

Thank you for mentioning this...I was truly waiting for a Christian to ask this question, but oh well. From my observation, some Christians in recent years believe that this does not mean it in a literal sense. But, many still do believe we are literally made in the image of God. I have no clue what a spirit looks like, but I wouldn't bet human as our bodies seem to be designed and conditioned to the world around us.

For a spirit to have genitalia it must serve a purpose and function.

Genitalia is not limited to procreation here on Earth. Why would we assume it would be in a spiritual realm?

I was somehow awaiting a christian to ask this question, but hey I'm satisfied someone asked:

If humanity was made in God's image literally, then that would make the image of God appear human-like. All humans with healthy skin produce some level of melanin. Which would mean God must have flesh containing melanin produced by cells called melanocytes. Yet, God is spirit and invisible and the main purpose of melanin is to protect the skin against UV induced photodamage from the sun. Yet, a spirit can't get sun burnt, or a sun tan, or die from skin cancer.

Genitalia:
"The purpose of the organs of the male reproductive system is to perform the following functions:

1.To produce, maintain, and transport sperm (the male reproductive cells) and protective fluid (semen).

2.To discharge sperm within the female reproductive tract during intimacy.

3.To produce and secrete male sex hormones responsible for maintaining the male reproductive system."

http://www.m.webmd.com...

If a spirit must have a genitalia, for example male genitalia, then it has a urethra to urinate fluid waste. In which the spirit would also need kidneys and a bladder to first produce, store, and excrete the urine. Yet "kidneys make urine by filtering wastes and extra water from blood." So now the angel spirit needs blood, which is visible, and water which happens to be found on planet earth in abundance. The water will have to be digested through a digestive system so it can purify a spiritual body to eliminate toxins. Yet, a spirit is known to be immortal and can not become ill or die. Why would it need to eliminate toxins in order for it to survive? I guess a spiritual toilet would also then be needed lol.

Yet, if a spirit (son of God) has a genitalia, then it must have a scrotum, scrotum containing nerves and blood vessels, nerves and blood vessels containing blood. Yet, blood is visible, a spirit is not known to be visible. It must also have testicles (testes) to produce testosterone. A spirit must then be able to produce hormones.

A spirit will need a complete set of all of the organs, including blood, brain, a structure such as a skeletal system and muscular system in order for each to benefit and function. Yet, now we no longer have an invisible, immortal, spirit that can not die. We have now built the mortal body of a human.

And if a spirit must have a male genitalia (to reproduce and urinate), then a spirit with female genitalia will also be needed to compliment it and be required. That includes having fallopian tubes and a uterus, and egg cells which will require a monthly menstrual cycle for a female spirit with genitalia. An immortal spirit actually having a pregnancy and then delivering some type of spirit baby in order for a continuation of life and to survive, thus having genitalia? Not plausible.

To reproduce, to eliminate wastes, to drink, to eat, to not dehydrate or starve to death, to not become ill or die in order to survive and to produce offspring to survive you is strictly mortal. Thus a spirit, "Sons of God"/angels, including God, can not have genitalia.

http://www.m.webmd.com...

http://m.livescience.com...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 3:20:35 AM

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

You don't even know if it exists let alone if it has sex organs!

If a deity does exist it isn't likely to look like a human!
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 3:26:12 AM

Attributes, not gender.

Jesus is God!!!

So am I and so are all other humans.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 3:30:34 AM
At 6/29/2015 12:47:13 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

The bible also calls humans gods. Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

God/gods ( Elohiym) created gods ( Elohiym) in their own image.