Jump to topic:

suicide

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 8:38:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are those that commit suicide trying to ESCAPE from THEMSELVES or from someone or something else?

WHAT is the "source" of the MAIN motive?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 8:50:09 AM
At 6/30/2015 8:38:05 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Are those that commit suicide trying to ESCAPE from THEMSELVES or from someone or something else?

Two things. First, you can't generalize since the reasons for such actions are as individual as those who commit the act. Second, this is not appropriate for a religion forum.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 10:59:00 AM

l
I watched an actual suicide once on video. Some minor state official called a press conference and after some rambling speech, pulled out a gun. Many of the reporters present shouted at him not to do it. He put the barrel of the gun in his mouth. And as the reporters shouted at him not to do it, he pulled the trigger.

All I could wonder was, "My God, what a hateful thing to do to those who love you!"

Up to that time, it had never occurred to me that suicide could be used as a tool for hate.

I now know of 3 main motivations for suicide. Hate, hopelessness, and justice.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 11:05:37 AM
At 6/30/2015 10:59:00 AM, ethang5 wrote:

l
I watched an actual suicide once on video. Some minor state official called a press conference and after some rambling speech, pulled out a gun. Many of the reporters present shouted at him not to do it. He put the barrel of the gun in his mouth. And as the reporters shouted at him not to do it, he pulled the trigger.

All I could wonder was, "My God, what a hateful thing to do to those who love you!"

Up to that time, it had never occurred to me that suicide could be used as a tool for hate.

It's obvious then that you know absolutely nothing about suicide either. Just like everything else you post about.
Have you ever considered growing up?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 11:25:13 AM
At 6/30/2015 11:05:37 AM, bulproof wrote:

l

It's obvious then that you know absolutely nothing about suicide either. Just like everything else you post about.

Have you ever considered growing up?

With normal people, growing up happens naturally.

You consider being a troll grown up.

So no, I have never considered being a troll. I think trolls are mostly people with low self-esteem either through physical infirmity, arrested mental development, or youth.

But they do provide the rest of us with much lulz. Have you ever considered increasing your self-esteem?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 12:47:30 PM
If a person is suffering from a terminal illness and wants to end their life sooner rather than later, I think they should be able to do so, with assistance, if necessary.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 1:46:08 PM
At 6/30/2015 12:47:30 PM, JJ50 wrote:
If a person is suffering from a terminal illness and wants to end their life sooner rather than later, I think they should be able to do so, with assistance, if necessary.

Christians talk about death and destruction all the time. They are raised in a suicide state of mind.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 12:06:14 PM
At 6/30/2015 8:48:01 AM, dee-em wrote:
Why is this in the Religion forum?

EE: For those who's denial of Truth level allows them to try and be as the few of the Pharisees and/or their likes.

You must be of the "sweep it under the rug" crowd so you don't have to deal with or THINK on the REALITY of the PROBLEM that is IN THE NEWS today and on the increase.

The BEST way to SOLVE and UNDERSTAND a PROBLEM and DEAL with it, is to do MORE then just try and IGNORE it and/or WISH it away into fantasyland.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 12:08:25 PM
At 6/30/2015 8:50:09 AM, dhardage wrote:

Two things. First, you can't generalize since the reasons for such actions are as individual as those who commit the act. Second, this is not appropriate for a religion forum.

EE: You been practicing that song and dance number long?

needs work as you have 2 left feat and you stutter when you yodel.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 12:11:58 PM

l

EE: What about the much DEEPER meanings and causes for the problems?

The DEEPER ROOT of the problem, the place where FEW dare venture as there be monsters and such beyond the facades of superstitious society.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 8:09:36 AM
At 7/1/2015 12:08:25 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

I don't know what meds you're on, if any, but you really need to have them reviewed and adjusted. If you're not taking any, seek professional help.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 12:43:14 PM
At 7/3/2015 8:09:36 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 7/1/2015 12:08:25 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

I don't know what meds you're on, if any, but you really need to have them reviewed and adjusted. If you're not taking any, seek professional help.

EE: I take a few PEZ and TIC TACS as required.

You think I should up the dose or take less?

maybe try certs or my all time favorite that must be taken in moderation. SWEET TARTS.

what you ?think?

and NO, I haven't been into the SWEET TARTS again, that was SKY.