Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

USA not a player in End Times

twsurber
Posts: 505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 11:13:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Throughout my life I have heard that the US is not expected to be a major player in End Times. I have always wondered how that is possible when the US is one of the most developed nations, and arguably among the strongest militarily.

A possible answer may lie in this hypothesis. Granted it is reaching, yet many hypotheses begin with a reach. Let's say Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities. Then, President Obama declares U.S. military action against Israel.

Scripture says that God will oppose those who oppose Israel. If all of this is correct and transpires, it is therefore possible that God could or would "judge" the United States at a time of His choosing.

It is possible that after the rapture, that the U.S. could be one of the prophesied 10 large kingdoms under the control of the antichrist. Interesting conspiracy theory!
the-good-teacher
Posts: 444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:30:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 11:13:59 AM, twsurber wrote:
Throughout my life I have heard that the US is not expected to be a major player in End Times. I have always wondered how that is possible when the US is one of the most developed nations, and arguably among the strongest militarily.

A possible answer may lie in this hypothesis. Granted it is reaching, yet many hypotheses begin with a reach. Let's say Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities. Then, President Obama declares U.S. military action against Israel.

Scripture says that God will oppose those who oppose Israel. If all of this is correct and transpires, it is therefore possible that God could or would "judge" the United States at a time of His choosing.

It is possible that after the rapture, that the U.S. could be one of the prophesied 10 large kingdoms under the control of the antichrist. Interesting conspiracy theory!

------------

The USA is widely believed to be the beast (country) who "rose up out of he Earth" in Revelations 13:11, "Earth" meaning "sparsely populated" Country as "Sea" means "vastly populated" it goes on to state "with two horns like a lamb" meaning "two good powers of authority" something like the Constitution and the bill of rights, then we read, "He spake like a dragon" meaning he lies, maybe lies like the one about the "Gulf of Tonkin" when the US falsely claimed they came under attack, and later admitted it was a lie, some lie, 58,000 Americans gave their life for it,
Talk about the god of this world " blinding minds" (2 Cor 4:4), anyway enjoy the video.
l

----------------------o.O---^ 5--
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:34:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 11:13:59 AM, twsurber wrote:
Throughout my life I have heard that the US is not expected to be a major player in End Times. I have always wondered how that is possible when the US is one of the most developed nations, and arguably among the strongest militarily.

A possible answer may lie in this hypothesis. Granted it is reaching, yet many hypotheses begin with a reach. Let's say Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities. Then, President Obama declares U.S. military action against Israel.

Scripture says that God will oppose those who oppose Israel. If all of this is correct and transpires, it is therefore possible that God could or would "judge" the United States at a time of His choosing.

It is possible that after the rapture, that the U.S. could be one of the prophesied 10 large kingdoms under the control of the antichrist. Interesting conspiracy theory!

Why the hell woudl the US attack Israel?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:39:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
....bahahahahaha.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:41:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 11:13:59 AM, twsurber wrote:
Throughout my life I have heard that the US is not expected to be a major player in End Times.

who the hell have you been talking to? o.O

also one would think that our consumerism/greed, sexual depravity, and rampant baby killing would be enough.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:48:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 11:13:59 AM, twsurber wrote:
Throughout my life I have heard that the US is not expected to be a major player in End Times.

Probably because the ridiculous doctrine of "End Times" was invented in Europe and the Middle East before America was discovered.

Outside of the context of whatever particular political situation existed at the time it was written, any interpretation of the bizarre allusions in Revelations is pretty much gibberish.
the-good-teacher
Posts: 444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:53:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 3:34:42 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/16/2010 11:13:59 AM, twsurber wrote:
Throughout my life I have heard that the US is not expected to be a major player in End Times. I have always wondered how that is possible when the US is one of the most developed nations, and arguably among the strongest militarily.

A possible answer may lie in this hypothesis. Granted it is reaching, yet many hypotheses begin with a reach. Let's say Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities. Then, President Obama declares U.S. military action against Israel.

Scripture says that God will oppose those who oppose Israel. If all of this is correct and transpires, it is therefore possible that God could or would "judge" the United States at a time of His choosing.

It is possible that after the rapture, that the U.S. could be one of the prophesied 10 large kingdoms under the control of the antichrist. Interesting conspiracy theory!

Why the hell woudl the US attack Israel?

--------------

Not too sure what you mean, OP you said "oppose", and then second post, you say "attack",
There are three Israels in Scripture, one is the country, then we have his people "Israel" meaning "man if God" (Hebrew) and then we have the false Israel, meaning people who falsely claim to be HIS found and following sheep.

I'm not sure what scripture your reading, but from memory the USA will not attack the country of Israel, but I could be wrong, I should return and look more into it and maybe I will.

------------------------o.O---^ 5 --
twsurber
Posts: 505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 4:24:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Obama has clearly demonstrated that he is far less supportive of Israel than any President in recent memory. He has further bent over backward to pacify the enemies of Israel.

Should Israel destroy Iran's nuclear facilities, the UN, the soft hearted American liberals, most of Europe, and all of the Middle East would cry foul. This would be the opening Barry needs to use his influence to further cater to the Middle East, further disestablish our friendship with Israel. It's not beyond reason for him to sever ties with Israel and buddy up with the side that will ultimately lose. Bottom line, Barry OSama bin Barak bin Sotero bin Obama does not speak for all Americans.

I believe that the beast is likely Babylon, quite possibly in the Iraq/Iran region.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 4:25:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 4:24:25 PM, twsurber wrote:
Obama has clearly demonstrated that he is far less supportive of Israel than any President in recent memory. He has further bent over backward to pacify the enemies of Israel.

Should Israel destroy Iran's nuclear facilities, the UN, the soft hearted American liberals, most of Europe, and all of the Middle East would cry foul. This would be the opening Barry needs to use his influence to further cater to the Middle East, further disestablish our friendship with Israel. It's not beyond reason for him to sever ties with Israel and buddy up with the side that will ultimately lose. Bottom line, Barry OSama bin Barak bin Sotero bin Obama does not speak for all Americans.

I believe that the beast is likely Babylon, quite possibly in the Iraq/Iran region.
Perhaps one of the most biased posts from you yet, considering that last sentence.
I miss the old members.
the-good-teacher
Posts: 444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 5:02:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 4:25:51 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 8/16/2010 4:24:25 PM, twsurber wrote:
Obama has clearly demonstrated that he is far less supportive of Israel than any President in recent memory. He has further bent over backward to pacify the enemies of Israel.

Should Israel destroy Iran's nuclear facilities, the UN, the soft hearted American liberals, most of Europe, and all of the Middle East would cry foul. This would be the opening Barry needs to use his influence to further cater to the Middle East, further disestablish our friendship with Israel. It's not beyond reason for him to sever ties with Israel and buddy up with the side that will ultimately lose. Bottom line, Barry OSama bin Barak bin Sotero bin Obama does not speak for all Americans.

I believe that the beast is likely Babylon, quite possibly in the Iraq/Iran region.
Perhaps one of the most biased posts from you yet, considering that last sentence.

---------------
I understand Babylon meaning "mystery" to be a "church" not a country as the country (Turkey) fell many years ago,

Babylon is described in scripture as a "HARLOT" meaning "untrue Church with secrets".

When I read Revelations 17, I believe it's easy to see what church it is,

-----------------------o.O--^ 5--