Jump to topic:

Atheists! Is this the Religion For You?

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 9:44:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My Fellow and Sister Atheists and Agnostics............

A humble question for you. If you HAD to, for the rest of your life, adhere to either the 10 Commandments, from that "other" book. Or this List if The Nine Satanic Statements, from the LaVeyan Church of Satan (CoS)--which would you choose?

For my money, it would be this one hands down. It is far more logical, makes more sense, is more Objective, and more importantly, does not demand Blind Obedience to a god. (Recall that almost HALF of the 10 Commandments are simply demands to worship whats-his-name? Yah-Yah.

So...please. Honest answer. Which set of rules is more applicable for good living in today's world?

Here we have their "Nine Satanic Statementts."

Thank you for your time.

The Nine Satanic Statements
by Anton Szandor LaVey

The Nine Satanic Statements originally appeared in The Satanic Bible, " 1969

Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on
ingrates!

Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!

Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 10:01:25 PM
At 7/1/2015 9:44:32 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

A humble question for you. If you HAD to, for the rest of your life, adhere to either the 10 Commandments, from that "other" book. Or this List if The Nine Satanic Statements, from the LaVeyan Church of Satan (CoS)--which would you choose?

For my money, it would be this one hands down. It is far more logical, makes more sense, is more Objective, and more importantly, does not demand Blind Obedience to a god. (Recall that almost HALF of the 10 Commandments are simply demands to worship whats-his-name? Yah-Yah.

So...please. Honest answer. Which set of rules is more applicable for good living in today's world?

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!

Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

I'm thinking about opening a "satanic temple" by my home. I just wish it was called something else. People get put off so quickly when someone says, "satan." While, what they teach is very enlightening. Even Wicca is a brilliant philosophy. I'm really starting to think ... start a new religion. But, i dislike the word religion ... i dislike it when people have to identify with a "word." Egos need to go ... we are all spiritual or non-spiritual. There is no other definition necessary. We are all characters in a game, which i think is the best analogy of what we are. There is one truth ... we die. Yet, this does not prove to me that we are not immortal, for death is a logical creation for an immortal intelligence. Imagine if someone made a world out of your own thoughts ... You would have characters right? Now imagine an immortal intelligence (the first source) playing out the characters it has created through billions of years of evolving. I do not see how anyone can prove to me that we do not come from a source energy that is an immortal intelligence ... that we have not been evolving spiritually for a long time. I understand the one outcome ... death; exactly why i identify as an atheist ... yet, i cannot deny that there may be something more ... and it is logical if you look at it with an open mind. My uncle the last time we talked said, "who knows" Just like animals ... we are probably created to a certain level ... and, we cannot see past this level. First time he admitted to me that there may be something more ... remember he is a neurologist, it is good hearing that from him Lol.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 12:17:21 PM
At 7/1/2015 10:01:25 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

I'm thinking about opening a "satanic temple" by my home. I just wish it was called something else. People get put off so quickly when someone says, "satan." While, what they teach is very enlightening. Even Wicca is a brilliant philosophy. I'm really starting to think ... start a new religion. But, i dislike the word religion ... i dislike it when people have to identify with a "word." Egos need to go ... we are all spiritual or non-spiritual. There is no other definition necessary. We are all characters in a game, which i think is the best analogy of what we are. There is one truth ... we die. Yet, this does not prove to me that we are not immortal, for death is a logical creation for an immortal intelligence. Imagine if someone made a world out of your own thoughts ... You would have characters right? Now imagine an immortal intelligence (the first source) playing out the characters it has created through billions of years of evolving. I do not see how anyone can prove to me that we do not come from a source energy that is an immortal intelligence ... that we have not been evolving spiritually for a long time. I understand the one outcome ... death; exactly why i identify as an atheist ... yet, i cannot deny that there may be something more ... and it is logical if you look at it with an open mind. My uncle the last time we talked said, "who knows" Just like animals ... we are probably created to a certain level ... and, we cannot see past this level. First time he admitted to me that there may be something more ... remember he is a neurologist, it is good hearing that from him Lol.

Yes, you are correct in that Satanism is greatly misunderstood. The most common misconception being that they actually worship Satan. When in fact, they do not. He is purely a Symbol--a sort of "mascot" if you will. Representing their ideals of Individuality and of Always Questioning Authority. Especially when its justification is spurious.

Satanists worship, or bow to nobody.

You should totally open that Temple you are thinking about.

The world needs a religion that actually makes a bit of Sense!
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 1:56:53 PM

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

I really enjoyed the satanic bible (until the magic stuff started, that part I skipped), but the only religion I would join if I had to choose one is Platonism.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 3:36:04 PM
At 7/2/2015 12:17:21 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

http://thesatanictemple.com...

that is the temple i am talking about. It is interesting bc they will let you start your own chapter after you email them and they approve. So, maybe i will =)
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 3:40:29 PM
At 7/2/2015 3:36:04 PM, Outplayz wrote:

that is the temple i am talking about. It is interesting bc they will let you start your own chapter after you email them and they approve. So, maybe i will =)

Do it!

What part of the country to you live in? Perhaps I could lend some support.

AS I mentioned before, my Ex-wife was--still is--a CoS member. I know some folks......
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:01:29 PM
Which set of rules is more applicable for good living in today's world?

I think those aren't rules for some creed, Drew, but promotional promises.

The world they depict is one of amoral, anarcho-individualism, which means it's a world without loving parents, without trusted friends, without science (because science is a strategic gift to future generations), without strategic projects like water supply, sewage, power-grids and communication networks, and without education: only vocational training for jobs people want you to work in.

It's not really a world for primates, because primates sacrifice for the troupe. It's a world for cats: vain, spiteful hedonists knowing very little beyond instinct, and living in an eternal, ignorant, narcissistic present.

No thank you. :)
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:07:01 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:01:29 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

The world they depict is one of amoral, anarcho-individualism, which means it's a world without loving parents, without trusted friends, without science (because science is a strategic gift to future generations), without strategic projects like water supply, sewage, power-grids and communication networks, and without education: only vocational training for jobs people want you to work in.

It's not really a world for primates, because primates sacrifice for the troupe. It's a world for cats: vain, spiteful hedonists knowing very little beyond instinct, and living in an eternal, ignorant, narcissistic present.

No thank you. :)

You are correct. As usual! LOL

Not really rules. More like guidelines for living. Ideas. Sort of like Buddhism's "Eightfold Path."

I guess what I meant to ask, was: are not these more useful Guidelines and ideas than are the 10 Commandments? Which besides from FOUR of them being merely commands for worship, are no brainers. A moral person would not need them anyway.

Yeah..primates sometimes sacrifice. But this is not the norm, as you know. We are far more aggressive and watch out for Numero Uno than we are altruistic. By nature, that is.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:30:21 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:07:01 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I guess what I meant to ask, was: are not these more useful Guidelines and ideas than are the 10 Commandments?

Most ancient cultures had great difficulty separating religion and law (or indeed religion and anything.) Law was frequently sacred, which made it impossible to challenge and grow, which kept cultures stagnant, and often rejecting new knowledge rather than incorporating it.

Moreover, Mosaic law in particular is both secular (don't steal or kill people), and religious (worship like this and don't work on the Sabbath), so it conflates the practical and the cultural, making it even harder to contest and change.

Framed in the first millennium BCE, possibly as Israelite inter-tribal law to give a fractured linguistic group cultural cohesion, the Ten Commandments were already outdated when Christians sought to transplant them into the Roman Empire. The Greeks and the Romans already had far better moral insights and ethical thought than that.

So do we really need to replace them with another set? Aren't we capable of doing much better?

What's wrong with developing compassion as a cultural sensibility, mutual respect as a cultural commitment, objective evidence as a standard of discourse, and critical thought as a standard of decision-making, and making law contestable?

If we did that, mightn't we see the twin benefits of individualism and public responsibility? And would we need the puerile, Peter Pan meets Lord of the Flies vision of a rampant egomaniac like La Vey?

It's stupid to let the stupid replace stupid with yet more stupid, Drew. :)

Yeah..primates sometimes sacrifice. But this is not the norm, as you know. We are far more aggressive and watch out for Numero Uno than we are altruistic. By nature, that is.

Every time you use something you didn't invent and can't manufacture yourself, Drew, I invite you to consider how much we've agreed to support one another, and how well we've done by that. :)
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:35:52 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:30:21 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/2/2015 4:07:01 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I guess what I meant to ask, was: are not these more useful Guidelines and ideas than are the 10 Commandments?

Most ancient cultures had great difficulty separating religion and law (or indeed religion and anything.) Law was frequently sacred, which made it impossible to challenge and grow, which kept cultures stagnant, and often rejecting new knowledge rather than incorporating it.

Moreover, Mosaic law in particular is both secular (don't steal or kill people), and religious (worship like this and don't work on the Sabbath), so it conflates the practical and the cultural, making it even harder to contest and change.

Framed in the first millennium BCE, possibly as Israelite inter-tribal law to give a fractured linguistic group cultural cohesion, the Ten Commandments were already outdated when Christians sought to transplant them into the Roman Empire. The Greeks and the Romans already had far better moral insights and ethical thought than that.

So do we really need to replace them with another set? Aren't we capable of doing much better?

What's wrong with developing compassion as a cultural sensibility, mutual respect as a cultural commitment, objective evidence as a standard of discourse, and critical thought as a standard of decision-making, and making law contestable?

If we did that, mightn't we see the twin benefits of individualism and public responsibility? And would we need the puerile, Peter Pan meets Lord of the Flies vision of a rampant egomaniac like La Vey?

It's stupid to let the stupid replace stupid with yet more stupid, Drew. :)

Every time you use something you didn't invent and can't manufacture yourself, Drew, I invite you to consider how much we've agreed to support one another, and how well we've done by that. :)

A bit misleading, Ruv.

You are giving a little too much credit to those inventors and manufacturers of that stuff we use. You must remember that the vast majority of them profited handsomely from them, or at least make their livelihoods due to them.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:44:44 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:35:52 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
A bit misleading, Ruv.
You are giving a little too much credit to those inventors and manufacturers of that stuff we use. You must remember that the vast majority of them profited handsomely from them, or at least make their livelihoods due to them.

For perverse economic reasons that'd probably take a thread of its own to cover, it's far more profitable to be a rent-seeker on a toll-gate in a mountain pass between two trading kingdoms, than the guy who invents the cart to move the goods through the toll-gate -- even though the toll-gate is useless without the cart. :p

Or in modern terms: venture capitalism, manufacturing and distribution can certainly be highly profitable. Research and development though, normally aren't. Yet it's R&D which drives the others.

Researchers and developers might aspire to get rich, but they study, learn and develop anyway, because they care. :)
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:54:15 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:44:44 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
A bit misleading, Ruv.

For perverse economic reasons that'd probably take a thread of its own to cover, it's far more profitable to be a rent-seeker on a toll-gate in a mountain pass between two trading kingdoms, than the guy who invents the cart to move the goods through the toll-gate -- even though the toll-gate is useless without the cart. :p

Or in modern terms: venture capitalism, manufacturing and distribution can certainly be highly profitable. Research and development though, normally aren't. Yet it's R&D which drives the others.

Researchers and developers might aspire to get rich, but they study, learn and develop anyway, because they care. :)

Yeah...care about their bank accounts. LOL.

But really, sure, I suppose some of them have sincere inquisitive natures. As well as altruistic ones. I do not think this fact really flies in the face of my personal notion that homo sapien is more aggressive and self-serving by nature than he is altruistic or philanthropic, however.
sword
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:54:21 PM

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

The Christians churches have never obeyed the ten commandments of God but they sure do love Satan's commandments.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 4:56:01 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:54:21 PM, sword wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

The Christians churches have never obeyed the ten commandments of God but they sure do love Satan's commandments.

Good point, amigo!

Therefore, some of these Christian cats might have a bit more of ol' Luce in 'em than they think, eh? LOL>

Which I personally find to be deliciously ironic!
sword
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 5:02:39 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:56:01 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Good point, amigo!

Therefore, some of these Christian cats might have a bit more of ol' Luce in 'em than they think, eh? LOL>

Which I personally find to be deliciously ironic! : :

If they understood God's commandments, they wouldn't be judging anyone other than themselves.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 5:10:07 PM
At 7/2/2015 4:54:15 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
A bit misleading, Ruv.

But really, sure, I suppose some of them have sincere inquisitive natures. As well as altruistic ones. I do not think this fact really flies in the face of my personal notion that homo sapien is more aggressive and self-serving by nature than he is altruistic or philanthropic, however.

Well, we can get a skewed view from corporatism, consumerism and unearned, attention-seeking celebretihood. But consider: for most of human history, everyone was an inventor. The mother who came up with the idea of stuffing a pillow with wheat, or the dad who fashioned a mailbox from a milk-churn, or the brothers who tested ten different slingshots to find the best, or the sister who sought the perfect apple pie recipe.

That sort of invention sees very little reward, beyond the satisfaction of making things better for people you care about, and the pride of leaving the world better than you found it.

That's a human birthright, Drew: our compassionate curiosity -- which makes us inquire, experiment and perfect, then share what we know -- is key to our species success. We still have it, but when we feel too disempowered it can make us frustrated and cynical.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 7:47:19 PM
At 7/2/2015 3:40:29 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Do it!

AS I mentioned before, my Ex-wife was--still is--a CoS member. I know some folks......

That's awesome! I will definitely contact you when i feel ready. I am currently working on a paralegal certification so my concentration is on achieving that goal right now ... I'm almost done ^-^

I live in SoCal. I think the kids down here would be open minded to this establishment. I just need to get my thoughts in order. There are still a few philosophies i am working on. At the moment, i believe in a immortal intelligence (source) ... i am just trying to make sense of it ... which is proving to be difficult, bc every one is different. I am starting to think there is no one right way. So, i believe everyone comes from a different source.

It would be nice to have a Temple where people can talk about spirituality openly and accepting. That would be my goal. To hear every "gods" world ... to help them figure out what their "paradise" is and how to live for it ... and to always remind ... this could be your only life ... don't only live with a hope that you will go to a heaven ... you are in heaven now so make it such. That is my current philosophy anyways. Cheers bud! On a side note, if you see anything in my views you would like to refute, please do so ... it helps me learn.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 8:37:27 PM
At 7/2/2015 7:47:19 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 7/2/2015 3:40:29 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Do it!

That's awesome! I will definitely contact you when i feel ready. I am currently working on a paralegal certification so my concentration is on achieving that goal right now ... I'm almost done ^-^

I live in SoCal. I think the kids down here would be open minded to this establishment. I just need to get my thoughts in order. There are still a few philosophies i am working on. At the moment, i believe in a immortal intelligence (source) ... i am just trying to make sense of it ... which is proving to be difficult, bc every one is different. I am starting to think there is no one right way. So, i believe everyone comes from a different source.

It would be nice to have a Temple where people can talk about spirituality openly and accepting. That would be my goal. To hear every "gods" world ... to help them figure out what their "paradise" is and how to live for it ... and to always remind ... this could be your only life ... don't only live with a hope that you will go to a heaven ... you are in heaven now so make it such. That is my current philosophy anyways. Cheers bud! On a side note, if you see anything in my views you would like to refute, please do so ... it helps me learn.

Thank you. I am certainly no expert in matters Theological...although I am pretty well-read, and have studied extensively. But I am of the firm belief that it is certainly a "soft" discipline with very few concrete or irrefutable answer.

Still, sure, I will be more than happy to help you whenever I can. Thanks for the kind offer. And I also want to add it is good--and refreshing--to see somebody so open-minded and willing to learn, or at least listen open-mindedly to the opinion of others on this Forum.

God knows (LOL--see what I just did there?) we have more than enough "experts" here in the Hallowed Halls of DDO.

Drew
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 8:49:23 PM
At 7/2/2015 5:10:07 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/2/2015 4:54:15 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
A bit misleading, Ruv.

Well, we can get a skewed view from corporatism, consumerism and unearned, attention-seeking celebretihood. But consider: for most of human history, everyone was an inventor. The mother who came up with the idea of stuffing a pillow with wheat, or the dad who fashioned a mailbox from a milk-churn, or the brothers who tested ten different slingshots to find the best, or the sister who sought the perfect apple pie recipe.

That sort of invention sees very little reward, beyond the satisfaction of making things better for people you care about, and the pride of leaving the world better than you found it.

That's a human birthright, Drew: our compassionate curiosity -- which makes us inquire, experiment and perfect, then share what we know -- is key to our species success. We still have it, but when we feel too disempowered it can make us frustrated and cynical.

Eloquently stated, sir--and I agree with every bit of it. Thanks.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 8:52:40 PM
At 7/2/2015 5:02:39 PM, sword wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Good point, amigo!

If they understood God's commandments, they wouldn't be judging anyone other than themselves.

You would be surprised to discover that the vast majority of CoS members, as well as those who adhere to its tenets but are not formal members, tend to be far less judgmental of their fellow Man, and Sisters, than are most so-called Christians.

For example, we...oops, I mean "they" don't condemn you for burning in Hell if you do not follow their dogmas.
sword
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:07:36 PM
At 7/2/2015 8:52:40 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Good point, amigo!

You would be surprised to discover that the vast majority of CoS members, as well as those who adhere to its tenets but are not formal members, tend to be far less judgmental of their fellow Man, and Sisters, than are most so-called Christians.

For example, we...oops, I mean "they" don't condemn you for burning in Hell if you do not follow their dogmas. : :

There isn't any difference between a dead Christian and a dead CoS member.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:11:46 PM
At 7/2/2015 9:07:36 PM, sword wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Good point, amigo!

For example, we...oops, I mean "they" don't condemn you for burning in Hell if you do not follow their dogmas. : :

That is true.

Well, mostly.

The true part is that they are similar in that neither will go to Heaven--as it does not exist anymore since SATAN had it destroyed during the MorningStar Reformation in the 12th Century. (Notice how it coincided with the Black Plague in Europe?).

But the ONE primary difference between a dead Satanist and a dead christian is that the former did not squander His entire life worshiping an impotent god.
sword
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:57:58 PM
At 7/2/2015 9:11:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Good point, amigo!

That is true.

Well, mostly.

The true part is that they are similar in that neither will go to Heaven--as it does not exist anymore since SATAN had it destroyed during the MorningStar Reformation in the 12th Century. (Notice how it coincided with the Black Plague in Europe?).

But the ONE primary difference between a dead Satanist and a dead christian is that the former did not squander His entire life worshiping an impotent god. : ;

I'm sure most Christians and Satanists enjoyed the fruits of this world besides their club membership to entities that have totally deceived them.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 10:13:18 PM
At 7/2/2015 9:57:58 PM, sword wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Good point, amigo!

That is true.

Well, mostly.

But the ONE primary difference between a dead Satanist and a dead christian is that the former did not squander His entire life worshiping an impotent god. : ;

I'm sure most Christians and Satanists enjoyed the fruits of this world besides their club membership to entities that have totally deceived them.

Maybe.

But if you are hinting that Satanists are deceived, then you are mistaken. Please remember: unlike Christianity, the DO NOT worship any god. Or SATAN. He is, as I have said before, only a sort of icon, a "mascot" for their ideas on Rebellion and Questioning of spurious entities or people, who do not merit it.
sword
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 10:21:10 PM
At 7/2/2015 10:13:18 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/2/2015 9:57:58 PM, sword wrote:

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Good point, amigo!

That is true.

Well, mostly.

Maybe.

But if you are hinting that Satanists are deceived, then you are mistaken. Please remember: unlike Christianity, the DO NOT worship any god. Or SATAN. He is, as I have said before, only a sort of icon, a "mascot" for their ideas on Rebellion and Questioning of spurious entities or people, who do not merit it. : :

Anyone who partakes of this world is a Satanist. That part of man will die and never be seen again. It's the part you can't see that most people are afraid of.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 10:27:02 PM
I am seeing a lot of misconceptions about Satanism around here, my friends.

This should help................

http://listverse.com...
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 7:11:39 PM
Satan sounds like the king of the USA free market, secular society. Actually, those commandments probably represent a society that is thriving and moving ahead.
I like those statements. With those commandments we would be able to leave the lazy behind, and the abusers. We would be able to stop being so nice to evil people and tell them to get lost. We'd be able to live and let live. My stuff is my problem, and your stuff is your problem. We'd be able to leave all of this guilt racist garbage behind and move forward, without any guilt stopping us. But we would move forward in unity. The evil and the vile would be left in the ditch. If you mixed Satanism with John Locke, Cicero, and Plato, you'd probably have one of the most successful societies in the history of the earth.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 7:15:55 PM

Thank you for your time.

by Anton Szandor LaVey

ingrates!

Go for it sister/dude. I studied Satanism for a spell. I was dumbfounded because I couldn't find all the murder and guts in it that the Christians said were in it. There wasn't any baby rape or swimming in septic tanks. I read the whole Satanic Bible and I thought, "Wow" this is what I really am. I've known that this was me even when I was in grade school, but some religious people came and stole my identity and tried to turn me into this weird love bug that loved everyone, kinda like the Flanders on the Simpsons. So the Satanic philosophy helped get me back to myself. It seems like Satanism truly does represent individuality.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 7:53:17 PM
At 7/3/2015 7:15:55 PM, j50wells wrote:

Go for it sister/dude. I studied Satanism for a spell. I was dumbfounded because I couldn't find all the murder and guts in it that the Christians said were in it. There wasn't any baby rape or swimming in septic tanks. I read the whole Satanic Bible and I thought, "Wow" this is what I really am. I've known that this was me even when I was in grade school, but some religious people came and stole my identity and tried to turn me into this weird love bug that loved everyone, kinda like the Flanders on the Simpsons. So the Satanic philosophy helped get me back to myself. It seems like Satanism truly does represent individuality.

Awesome story. The funny thing is ever since i was young i had this philosophy as well...actually, i've always been intrigued by the symbolism of Lucifer. Interesting thing is i never looked at it as evil or dark or murder ... i looked at it as freedom. I think religion had its time, and this time was needed. But we are stretching it out for way too long. Now, we need to embrace how free and powerful each of us are. Why is religion taking so many of our pleasures away? i mean, in its time it was necessary to be how it was, but we live in a time of information now ... we are evolved. I'm sure a lot of us will continue to wake up ... i am optimistic to what the new generations, growing up in the age of technology, will start bringing to this world ... it will take work, but we can make this world the paradise it should be.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 8:16:28 PM
At 7/3/2015 7:53:17 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 7/3/2015 7:15:55 PM, j50wells wrote:

Awesome story. The funny thing is ever since i was young i had this philosophy as well...actually, i've always been intrigued by the symbolism of Lucifer. Interesting thing is i never looked at it as evil or dark or murder ... i looked at it as freedom. I think religion had its time, and this time was needed. But we are stretching it out for way too long. Now, we need to embrace how free and powerful each of us are. Why is religion taking so many of our pleasures away? i mean, in its time it was necessary to be how it was, but we live in a time of information now ... we are evolved. I'm sure a lot of us will continue to wake up ... i am optimistic to what the new generations, growing up in the age of technology, will start bringing to this world ... it will take work, but we can make this world the paradise it should be.

Finally! A couple of guys who "get" the whole CoS Dogma. And their primary tenets of valuing Individuality and Questioning Authority and Bestowing Love only on Those Who Deserve it.

And yeah, Playz., when you said you "could identify with Lucifer" (in fact, "were" Lucifer) I completely understood that you were speaking metaphorically, and not of course claiming to be SATAN--as some idiots around here, whom I won't mention (Serato) claimed you were.

Rather, you were just saying that you feel you posses the same qualities that His Church espouses. Also. you realize that Satanists do NOT worship Him--or Hell, even have to believe in Him. Instead they simply use Him as a Mascot--an Icon that embodies, that gives a "face" to their Belief System.

Yeah, I think it is far more logical and even compassionate to adore somebody like SATAN, who stood-up for us against a murderous power-drunk god like Yah-Yah, then to blindly adulate somebody like that, as so many christians seem to do.

Oh..most of the deluded christians mean well, I suppose. And some of them are not even bad people. (Although many indeed are.) It is just that they know not what they do.

Or worse, know not the real despicable nature of the impotent god they worship.