Jump to topic:

Challenge #3

Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 10:11:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is a little early, I know but I'm off work tomorrow so I'm making sure this gets up.
So due to recent events I'm posting these terms on the challenge, By posing in this thread you agree to them:

Terms & Conditions:
1) Respect others religion and privacy
2) No posting after 7/10/2015, Doing so is a violation of T&C
3) If you have a comment on someones post please tie them to it. don't just spam the thread with unattached comments.
4) Once the thread is closed on 7/10/2015, Please dont bother anyone who posted in it that you feel you have come into conflict with.
5) If someone asks you to stop harassing them, do so.

- - - - -Challenge - - - - -
This challenge is directed at ALL Faiths:
Do you believe in Evolution at any degree, if so why? if not, why not?

This Challenge ends 7/10/2015 (July 10th 2015)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 10:42:54 AM
At 7/2/2015 10:11:49 AM, Preston wrote:
This is a little early, I know but I'm off work tomorrow so I'm making sure this gets up.
So due to recent events I'm posting these terms on the challenge, By posing in this thread you agree to them:

Terms & Conditions:
3) If you have a comment on someones post please tie them to it. don't just spam the thread with unattached comments.
4) Once the thread is closed on 7/10/2015, Please dont bother anyone who posted in it that you feel you have come into conflict with.

No. I accept evolution is by a country mile the best explanation for the diversification of species on Earth and the datasets that it encompasses, both extant and ancient, from virtually every field of science.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 11:35:57 AM
At 7/2/2015 10:42:54 AM, Envisage wrote:

Terms & Conditions:

No. I accept evolution is by a country mile the best explanation for the diversification of species on Earth and the datasets that it encompasses, both extant and ancient, from virtually every field of science.

What he said....
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 3:17:06 PM

Terms & Conditions:

It seems to correlate well with what we observe in the world. If evolution is the agency by which God accomplished this portion of creation, so be it.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 8:49:41 PM

Terms & Conditions:

Evolution is a term applied to everything,

Evolution meaning a change in a population in response to it's enviroment must assuredly happens.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:01:19 PM

Terms & Conditions:

I'd love to participate, but since I do not have faith in anything this question was not directed at me.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:17:24 PM

Terms & Conditions:

Uh...no offense or anything, as you seem like a good kid, but the MODS decide on rules and T's & C's around here. As well as when to shut down a Thread.

So...that being said: Do ya want to hear from us Atheists as well? Or only the religious folks?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:35:33 PM

Terms & Conditions:

If there is evolution we would rise above our reptilian mind.

Science, Looking at quantum mechanics:
is it wave or is it particle
string theory
observation theory
schroedingers cat
Higgs Boson
look metaphysical to me.

Truth is we don't know, we're the nats on a donkeys hiney, masquerading as the all powerful Oz.
I didn't answer the challenge be cause I don't KNOW.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:53:23 PM

Terms & Conditions:

Vatican II
Faith and science: "... methodical research in all branches of knowledge, provided it is carried out in a truly scientific manner and does not override moral laws, can never conflict with the faith, because the things of the world and the things of faith derive from the same God. The humble and persevering investigator of the secrets of nature is being led, as it were, by the hand of God in spite of himself, for it is God, the conserver of all things, who made them what they are."

The question about the origins of the world and of man has been the object of many scientific studies which have splendidly enriched our knowledge of the age and dimensions of the cosmos, the development of life-forms and the appearance of man. These discoveries invite us to even greater admiration for the greatness of the Creator, prompting us to give him thanks for all his works and for the understanding and wisdom he gives to scholars and researchers....

The great interest accorded to these studies is strongly stimulated by a question of another order, which goes beyond the proper domain of the natural sciences. It is not only a question of knowing when and how the universe arose physically, or when man appeared, but rather of discovering the meaning of such an origin....
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 12:29:41 AM

Terms & Conditions:

Yes... scientists tell me it's true.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 12:57:21 AM
At 7/2/2015 9:17:24 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Terms & Conditions:

Uh...no offense or anything, as you seem like a good kid, but the MODS decide on rules and T's & C's around here. As well as when to shut down a Thread.

I was LOL'ing @ "violation of T's and C's". Lord, have mercy.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 3:15:24 AM

Terms & Conditions:

You don't impose any terms and conditions little boy, that is for the MODS to do!

I believe evolution is the most logical explanation for the universe. Scientists still have much to do where the theory is concerned, but I reckon they will have it worked out completely in the end.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 6:50:42 PM
At 7/3/2015 12:57:21 AM, annanicole wrote:

Terms & Conditions:

What is so humorous about abiding by the Terms and Conditions?
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 8:21:58 PM
At 7/3/2015 6:50:42 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/3/2015 12:57:21 AM, annanicole wrote:

Terms & Conditions:

What is so humorous about abiding by the Terms and Conditions?

Abiding by real ones? Nothing at all. Abiding by contrived ones made up by some kid? Kinda funny
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."