Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

WHAT makes your invisible God more real?

Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 4:50:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Some invisible Gods make more sense than others.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 4:53:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

Traditionally it comes down to testing military and economic power, E-E.

God, as everyone knows, defends the right. And the right is whoever controls the media and/or can bomb the stuffing out of you.

So God used to be the god of the shattered remnants Roman Empire -- the patron of mitres, manfrocks and world colonisation. But then he became the deity of neat lawns and stiff upper lips until the British navy sunk in WWII, and now he's become the patron of beringed, bouff-haired, prostitute-shagging televangelists.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 9:21:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Another wasted topic of deranged atheists who never ever get it--they don't know what they are talking about when debating spiritual phenomena. No experience in spiritual phenomena = stupidity on parade when atheists try to tell theists about God and spiritual reality that they know nothing about. Yet the literature is absolutely filled to the rim with spiritual reports of human beings-ones who have had spiritual experience and know something of what they are talking about while atheist posers just waste everyone's time with their stock set of "Well, if you can't show God's measurements, God doesn't exist" irrationality that wants God to wear a suit of clothes so atheists can finally see what the fuss is all about.

What makes my God Most High utter VISIBLE to anyone on earth with a view of heaven above is historical fact that my God Most High was symbolized by a real physical object of our Solar System: the planet Saturn, called "EL" in ancient Canaanite of which Hebrew is a later dialect. So there, dumbo atheists! My God is not invisible at all and neither is the Messiah, Christ Aquarius, who "rides on the clouds of heaven" at the "right hand of God". These were originally quite physical dimensions of spiritual beings who later were etherealized and abstracted into pure Spirit.

So, unless you can remove the planet Saturn or the constellation of Aquarius, your OP is wrong and you lose the argument as well--unless of course you can remove the planet Saturn, Ruler of Aquarius in the Celestial Torah Christian astro-theological system embedded within Scriptures and Near Eastern religious iconic art.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 9:56:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

It is like arguing about which invisible coat looks the best on the Emperor.
Only those who can see the magic invisible material can make those judgments.
Those who can see the Emperor is naked understand he is not hiding under any magic invisible cloak.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against his warnings I have ended up regretting it.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 1:07:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against his warnings I have ended up regretting it.

EE: Not teasing you or such, but this is how I see what you wrote when I replace it with the god I worship.

The LIFE I worship is not invisible. I see LIFE in creation. I hear LIFE'S voice. I feel LIFE'S touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against LIFE's "inner" warnings I have ended up regretting it.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 1:22:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/4/2015 1:07:57 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against his warnings I have ended up regretting it.

EE: Not teasing you or such, but this is how I see what you wrote when I replace it with the god I worship.

The LIFE I worship is not invisible. I see LIFE in creation. I hear LIFE'S voice. I feel LIFE'S touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against LIFE's "inner" warnings I have ended up regretting it.

So you think 'God' is a personification of life?

I consider life to a be a state not a being.
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 2:33:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against his warnings I have ended up regretting it.

The god you described would seem invisible, since you never mentioned seeing it. Allegedly you see it's works, feel it at times and hear it but you never see it because it's invisible.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 3:14:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/4/2015 1:22:02 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/4/2015 1:07:57 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against his warnings I have ended up regretting it.

EE: Not teasing you or such, but this is how I see what you wrote when I replace it with the god I worship.

The LIFE I worship is not invisible. I see LIFE in creation. I hear LIFE'S voice. I feel LIFE'S touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against LIFE's "inner" warnings I have ended up regretting it.

So you think 'God' is a personification of life?

I consider life to a be a state not a being.

I read what you wrote the same as EE did.

In my perception God is definitely a personification of Life.
Life is a state of being which is in all life forms, living and dead.
Life is not a supernatural entity. It is perfectly natural.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 3:16:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/4/2015 2:33:20 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

When ever I go against his warnings I have ended up regretting it.

The god you described would seem invisible, since you never mentioned seeing it. Allegedly you see it's works, feel it at times and hear it but you never see it because it's invisible.

That's how most believers "see" God. Invisible as the wind yet also just as observable.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 11:35:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

Experiences of psychosis:

Some people heard a voice, or voices, who spoke directly to them...

People also talked about being able to feel things such as being pushed, a tugging on their hair...

Many people had intensely religious beliefs, when they hadn"t previously been religious, or at least these were the same as their usual religious beliefs.

http://www.healthtalk.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 11:43:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 11:35:48 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

Experiences of psychosis:

Some people heard a voice, or voices, who spoke directly to them...

People also talked about being able to feel things such as being pushed, a tugging on their hair...

Many people had intensely religious beliefs, when they hadn"t previously been religious, or at least these were the same as their usual religious beliefs.

http://www.healthtalk.org...

You call it psychosis.

But from an early age 5 or so, I have had a deep down feeling inside me that what I was experiencing was real.

I simply see it as me perceiving of a things others don't. Like smells that only some people can smell.

It's a completely natural experience in the range of normal variants of human experience.

Animals act as if they hear things that no one else is hearing. Even animals have such experiences.

honestly this needs to go to the supreme court because your use of "psychosis" is just bigoted hate speech.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 11:54:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have never heard any voices in my head as it seems is popular with many at some time in their lives.

as for the feelings of tugged hair and such.

The "phantom limb" phenomenon is a great example of the human mind playing TRICKS.

being a super scientist I don't require made up theories to support what I know and believe as the ONE non subjective TRUTH clearly shows the WAY.

We have a world filled with people that are only interested in "growing up" so that they can chase the dreams of "adults".

Most just keep playing their dress up, make believe and pretend as it seems the most easy route and PATH as it is a SPACIOUS and WIDE path where there is plenty of room to try and hide within the confusion & entertainment.

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life

where I AM, there YOU may be ALSO.

YOU just have to CHOOSE to GROW UP and leave the childish ways of make believe and pretend behind you.

When you are a grown mature of mind and thought human, you find the TEASING and such from others amusing mostly as you can CLEARLY SEE them for what they are

clueless overgrown children that are ADULTS so they DON'T have to GROW UP if they don't CHOOSE to.

WHO is doing the CHOOSING?

a God or scientific theory or such?

when the HONEST math is done the TRUTH is known 100%

anything less is NOT Truth as it is SUBJECTIVE by popular DESIGN...
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 12:48:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 11:43:02 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/5/2015 11:35:48 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

Experiences of psychosis:

Some people heard a voice, or voices, who spoke directly to them...

People also talked about being able to feel things such as being pushed, a tugging on their hair...

Many people had intensely religious beliefs, when they hadn"t previously been religious, or at least these were the same as their usual religious beliefs.

http://www.healthtalk.org...

You call it psychosis.

Actually, no I don't, mental health experts call it psychosis. You'll find this information on all of their sites.

But from an early age 5 or so, I have had a deep down feeling inside me that what I was experiencing was real.

I'm sure you did as most folks do as well, but that doesn't change the facts.

I simply see it as me perceiving of a things others don't. Like smells that only some people can smell.

Sorry, but that's the psychosis. You are a human like the rest of us and have no special powers, that is just childish nonsense.

It's a completely natural experience in the range of normal variants of human experience.

No, it's psychosis as the article will explain.

Animals act as if they hear things that no one else is hearing.

And, you know this how?

Even animals have such experiences.

Now, you're just lying.

honestly this needs to go to the supreme court because your use of "psychosis" is just bigoted hate speech.

Yes, I'm sure you'd like to believe that too.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 1:52:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 12:48:49 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 11:43:02 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/5/2015 11:35:48 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

Experiences of psychosis:

Some people heard a voice, or voices, who spoke directly to them...

People also talked about being able to feel things such as being pushed, a tugging on their hair...

Many people had intensely religious beliefs, when they hadn"t previously been religious, or at least these were the same as their usual religious beliefs.

http://www.healthtalk.org...

You call it psychosis.

Actually, no I don't, mental health experts call it psychosis. You'll find this information on all of their sites.

Well they used to think writing left handed and a guy dressing up as a woman was bad. Our mental health standards are not so restrictive now.


But from an early age 5 or so, I have had a deep down feeling inside me that what I was experiencing was real.

I'm sure you did as most folks do as well, but that doesn't change the facts.

I simply see it as me perceiving of a things others don't. Like smells that only some people can smell.

Sorry, but that's the psychosis. You are a human like the rest of us and have no special powers, that is just childish nonsense.

But I am super special.


It's a completely natural experience in the range of normal variants of human experience.

No, it's psychosis as the article will explain.

And I'm telling you it's normal variant throughout history nearly every tribe or town of people has had a local shaman, witch, prophet ect... perfectly acceptable.


Animals act as if they hear things that no one else is hearing.

And, you know this how?

You never seen dogs react to earth quacks and dog whistles? They are experiencing something others are not.


Even animals have such experiences.

Now, you're just lying.

You are.


honestly this needs to go to the supreme court because your use of "psychosis" is just bigoted hate speech.

Yes, I'm sure you'd like to believe that too.

I think it would be a step closer to a free society where everyone is accepted for who they want to be.
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 1:55:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Earth quacks", as you so elegantly put it, can be feeled because of SCIENTIFIC senses the dogs have. Humans with varicose veins can also tell when a storm is coming, and so can cats. Sharks also can sense blood and electromagnetic stuff.

Some humans are sensitive to electromagnetics (have you seen Better Call Saul? Saul's brother is a prime example, though his is a placebo)
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 2:02:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 1:52:37 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/5/2015 12:48:49 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 11:43:02 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/5/2015 11:35:48 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

Experiences of psychosis:

Some people heard a voice, or voices, who spoke directly to them...

People also talked about being able to feel things such as being pushed, a tugging on their hair...

Many people had intensely religious beliefs, when they hadn"t previously been religious, or at least these were the same as their usual religious beliefs.

http://www.healthtalk.org...

You call it psychosis.

Actually, no I don't, mental health experts call it psychosis. You'll find this information on all of their sites.

Well they used to think writing left handed and a guy dressing up as a woman was bad.

But, not a psychosis like the one described in the article.

Our mental health standards are not so restrictive now.

But, they are more clearly defined and understood, as the article explains.


But from an early age 5 or so, I have had a deep down feeling inside me that what I was experiencing was real.

I'm sure you did as most folks do as well, but that doesn't change the facts.

I simply see it as me perceiving of a things others don't. Like smells that only some people can smell.

Sorry, but that's the psychosis. You are a human like the rest of us and have no special powers, that is just childish nonsense.

But I am super special.

LOL. Yes, I'm sure you believe that, so do others as explained in the article.


It's a completely natural experience in the range of normal variants of human experience.

No, it's psychosis as the article will explain.

And I'm telling you it's normal variant throughout history nearly every tribe or town of people has had a local shaman, witch, prophet ect... perfectly acceptable.

Throughout history, there was no understanding of mental health issues, and had those same folks been alive today, they too would be diagnosed with mental disorders.


Animals act as if they hear things that no one else is hearing.

And, you know this how?

You never seen dogs react to earth quacks and dog whistles?

LOL. So, you don't know about dogs keen sense of hearing?

They are experiencing something others are not.

Other dogs or people who don't have acute hearing like dogs?


Even animals have such experiences.

Now, you're just lying.

You are.


honestly this needs to go to the supreme court because your use of "psychosis" is just bigoted hate speech.

Yes, I'm sure you'd like to believe that too.

I think it would be a step closer to a free society where everyone is accepted for who they want to be.

So, you want to have mental hallucinations and hear voices? That's fine, but using them as some claim towards the existence of gods is crazy.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 2:15:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 2:02:12 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 1:52:37 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/5/2015 12:48:49 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 11:43:02 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/5/2015 11:35:48 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/3/2015 11:46:30 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

The God I worship is not invisible. I see him in creation. I hear his voice. I feel his touch sometimes like a poke or gentle caress.

Experiences of psychosis:

Some people heard a voice, or voices, who spoke directly to them...

People also talked about being able to feel things such as being pushed, a tugging on their hair...

Many people had intensely religious beliefs, when they hadn"t previously been religious, or at least these were the same as their usual religious beliefs.

http://www.healthtalk.org...

You call it psychosis.

Actually, no I don't, mental health experts call it psychosis. You'll find this information on all of their sites.

Well they used to think writing left handed and a guy dressing up as a woman was bad.

But, not a psychosis like the one described in the article.

Our mental health standards are not so restrictive now.

But, they are more clearly defined and understood, as the article explains.


But from an early age 5 or so, I have had a deep down feeling inside me that what I was experiencing was real.

I'm sure you did as most folks do as well, but that doesn't change the facts.

I simply see it as me perceiving of a things others don't. Like smells that only some people can smell.

Sorry, but that's the psychosis. You are a human like the rest of us and have no special powers, that is just childish nonsense.

But I am super special.

LOL. Yes, I'm sure you believe that, so do others as explained in the article.


It's a completely natural experience in the range of normal variants of human experience.

No, it's psychosis as the article will explain.

And I'm telling you it's normal variant throughout history nearly every tribe or town of people has had a local shaman, witch, prophet ect... perfectly acceptable.

Throughout history, there was no understanding of mental health issues, and had those same folks been alive today, they too would be diagnosed with mental disorders.


Animals act as if they hear things that no one else is hearing.

And, you know this how?

You never seen dogs react to earth quacks and dog whistles?

LOL. So, you don't know about dogs keen sense of hearing?

They are experiencing something others are not.

Other dogs or people who don't have acute hearing like dogs?


Even animals have such experiences.

Now, you're just lying.

You are.


honestly this needs to go to the supreme court because your use of "psychosis" is just bigoted hate speech.

Yes, I'm sure you'd like to believe that too.

I think it would be a step closer to a free society where everyone is accepted for who they want to be.

So, you want to have mental hallucinations and hear voices? That's fine, but using them as some claim towards the existence of gods is crazy.

In a world filled with the blind not even the one eyed man is king.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 3:43:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

Mine is a historical figure (Jesus Christ).
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:27:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 3:43:22 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

Mine is a historical figure (Jesus Christ).

That is a very popular choice of many.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 11:07:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

Depends what you mean by real.

All gods are real to their worshippers, but there is only one who has the absolute right to worship.

What makes him real is knowing his personality, learning how he thinks, as far as any human mind can, being a friend to him and having him as your friend.

That is what makes Jehovah real to those of us who do know him well.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 3:54:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
some worship sticks stuck in the mud a such as their God.

seems that people pick a God that is smarter then they are.

makes sense I suppose.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 5:15:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
That's funny because it is so true.
Sticks stuck in the mud are smarter than their worshippers.
Totally hilarious.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 4:54:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/3/2015 4:32:24 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I find it interesting how the religious are arguing about who has the REAL invisible God and who don't.

They are so busy that they never get around to doing the MATHS on that INVISIBLE part that seems to only be real to the weak minded that require invisible Gods, friends and scientific theories and such.

I suppose it sorta makes sense in a weird way that invisible Gods and such are tough for others to destroy as they can't see or find them, just pretend, wish and pray.

YES I realize that there is ALL sorts of ?proof? and ?facts? around here that one invisible God or theory is better then the others because that is what the deluded choose to believe that they have no choice over the matter as some invisible God or scientific theory made them and they didn't ASK to be born.

KIDS

Hmm. From reading some of your past posts I thought you were a Theist? Or at least a Deist. This Thread surprises me.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 5:48:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2015 3:54:28 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
some worship sticks stuck in the mud a such as their God.

seems that people pick a God that is smarter then they are.

makes sense I suppose.

A God who was not immeasurably smarter than us would not be worthy of worship, nor capable of backing up his claims or promises.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 5:54:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2015 11:07:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
All gods are real to their worshippers, but there is only one who has the absolute right to worship.
That isn't what the Botchtower used to preach until 1954 when they did another back-flip!

Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954, after which they were told such worship was idolatrous. This made them a polytheistic religion for most of their history.
(jwfacts.com)