Total Posts:263|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I'm having a bad case of religious crisis.

ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:22:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Praying might not help you, but answered questions will - fire away.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:23:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I'm sorry you're suffering, Clash. However, outside the strictures of theological fear, questions and doubts are not considered a curse, but a blessing: an opportunity for growth.

In that regard, Christians can pray for you, but I believe they're intellectually incapable of helping you, because they're in denial about the same malaise whose symptoms are bothering you.

The whole purpose of theological apologetics is to avoid accountability for ignorance and error, and if you're already seeking to hold theology to account, then apologetics will fail while-ever you continue to ask reasonable and sensible questions. The only way it can succeed is by distracting you from the essence of your questions, and pacifying you until you forget why you asked them.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Let Christian apologists demonstrate that themselves -- as they'll surely do here.

In the meantime, please be patient and trust your own judgement. Hundreds of pastors have gone through the very thing you're going through -- and suffered not just loss of faith, but their life vocation and community respect. [http://clergyproject.org...]

Best wishes, Ruv.
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:32:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:22:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Praying might not help you, but answered questions will - fire away.

I've got no questions for atheists.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:36:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:23:52 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I'm sorry you're suffering, Clash. However, outside the strictures of theological fear, questions and doubts are not considered a curse, but a blessing: an opportunity for growth.

In that regard, Christians can pray for you, but I believe they're intellectually incapable of helping you, because they're in denial about the same malaise whose symptoms are bothering you.

The whole purpose of theological apologetics is to avoid accountability for ignorance and error, and if you're already seeking to hold theology to account, then apologetics will fail while-ever you continue to ask reasonable and sensible questions. The only way it can succeed is by distracting you from the essence of your questions, and pacifying you until you forget why you asked them.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Let Christian apologists demonstrate that themselves -- as they'll surely do here.

In the meantime, please be patient and trust your own judgement. Hundreds of pastors have gone through the very thing you're going through -- and suffered not just loss of faith, but their life vocation and community respect. [http://clergyproject.org...]

Best wishes, Ruv.

There are intellectual Christians but they are in the minority. It's more than just doubt it's also questions about Heaven and such.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:39:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:32:41 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:22:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Praying might not help you, but answered questions will - fire away.

I've got no questions for atheists.

Asking Christians questions won't get you anywhere, that's like asking the fox to guard your chicken coop.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:53:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Only you can solve it. Additionally it depends on what constitutes "evidence"--it generally means different things to different people, and with something as complex as religion and the existence of G-d, it's not exactly easy to define. *Evidence* in itself can be fairly subjective depending on the subject matter.

And again, believing in G-d(s) is not about what "proof" there is; it is simply about faith.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:54:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I will try to help. What questions do you have?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:54:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:36:16 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:23:52 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I'm sorry you're suffering, Clash. However, outside the strictures of theological fear, questions and doubts are not considered a curse, but a blessing: an opportunity for growth.

In that regard, Christians can pray for you, but I believe they're intellectually incapable of helping you, because they're in denial about the same malaise whose symptoms are bothering you.

The whole purpose of theological apologetics is to avoid accountability for ignorance and error, and if you're already seeking to hold theology to account, then apologetics will fail while-ever you continue to ask reasonable and sensible questions. The only way it can succeed is by distracting you from the essence of your questions, and pacifying you until you forget why you asked them.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Let Christian apologists demonstrate that themselves -- as they'll surely do here.

In the meantime, please be patient and trust your own judgement. Hundreds of pastors have gone through the very thing you're going through -- and suffered not just loss of faith, but their life vocation and community respect. [http://clergyproject.org...]

Best wishes, Ruv.

There are intellectual Christians but they are in the minority. It's more than just doubt it's also questions about Heaven and such.

While that's true, intellectual Christians have also been rejecting traditional Christian theology for more than two centuries, Timothy -- i.e. before evolution was discovered or the Big bang Theory proposed, before consumerism and commercialised materialism, and before there were many atheists around, much less New Atheists. Nearly half the US Founding Fathers, for example, were either Deists, or had strong Deist sympathies. To judge from their writings, part of the reason for that is the problems endemic in Christian theological traditions themselves; but part of it is the inherent cruelty of limiting salvation to just the people of one faith, when compassion and good will can be expressed by anyone, of any faith or none.

I'm not a Deist; I'm an atheist and I don't want to bother you excessively here. This is your journey and you have the right to make the best sense of things you can. Many Christians here are sincere, eloquent and passionate, and will do their best. It's my hope though that the non-theists will not press you or mock Christians trying to help you, but rather advocate that your questions should be answered honestly and not evasively.

Good luck. :)
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:05:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:54:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I will try to help. What questions do you have?

Lots specially in the book of Revelations.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:07:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:53:24 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Only you can solve it. Additionally it depends on what constitutes "evidence"--it generally means different things to different people, and with something as complex as religion and the existence of G-d, it's not exactly easy to define. *Evidence* in itself can be fairly subjective depending on the subject matter.

And again, believing in G-d(s) is not about what "proof" there is; it is simply about faith.

Only I can decide but other people can help solve it. I believe in Scientific, Philosophical and statistics as good evidence. Why don't you spell it God?
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:10:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:54:15 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:36:16 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:23:52 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I'm sorry you're suffering, Clash. However, outside the strictures of theological fear, questions and doubts are not considered a curse, but a blessing: an opportunity for growth.

In that regard, Christians can pray for you, but I believe they're intellectually incapable of helping you, because they're in denial about the same malaise whose symptoms are bothering you.

The whole purpose of theological apologetics is to avoid accountability for ignorance and error, and if you're already seeking to hold theology to account, then apologetics will fail while-ever you continue to ask reasonable and sensible questions. The only way it can succeed is by distracting you from the essence of your questions, and pacifying you until you forget why you asked them.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Let Christian apologists demonstrate that themselves -- as they'll surely do here.

In the meantime, please be patient and trust your own judgement. Hundreds of pastors have gone through the very thing you're going through -- and suffered not just loss of faith, but their life vocation and community respect. [http://clergyproject.org...]

Best wishes, Ruv.

There are intellectual Christians but they are in the minority. It's more than just doubt it's also questions about Heaven and such.

While that's true, intellectual Christians have also been rejecting traditional Christian theology for more than two centuries, Timothy -- i.e. before evolution was discovered or the Big bang Theory proposed, before consumerism and commercialised materialism, and before there were many atheists around, much less New Atheists. Nearly half the US Founding Fathers, for example, were either Deists, or had strong Deist sympathies. To judge from their writings, part of the reason for that is the problems endemic in Christian theological traditions themselves; but part of it is the inherent cruelty of limiting salvation to just the people of one faith, when compassion and good will can be expressed by anyone, of any faith or none.

I'm not a Deist; I'm an atheist and I don't want to bother you excessively here. This is your journey and you have the right to make the best sense of things you can. Many Christians here are sincere, eloquent and passionate, and will do their best. It's my hope though that the non-theists will not press you or mock Christians trying to help you, but rather advocate that your questions should be answered honestly and not evasively.

Good luck. :)

I'm quite surprised on how nice your being. I knew you were atheistic. I'm intrigued on how you acted, it's rare and weird to find a supportive or nice atheist can you tell my what your beliefs are?
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:14:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:39:58 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:32:41 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:22:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Praying might not help you, but answered questions will - fire away.

I've got no questions for atheists.

Asking Christians questions won't get you anywhere, that's like asking the fox to guard your chicken coop.

Why? Asking Christians questions will most likely give me answers some will be not that intellectual or not what I needed but still answers and other answers could really help me.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:28:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 9:07:47 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:53:24 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Only you can solve it. Additionally it depends on what constitutes "evidence"--it generally means different things to different people, and with something as complex as religion and the existence of G-d, it's not exactly easy to define. *Evidence* in itself can be fairly subjective depending on the subject matter.

And again, believing in G-d(s) is not about what "proof" there is; it is simply about faith.

Only I can decide but other people can help solve it. I believe in Scientific, Philosophical and statistics as good evidence. Why don't you spell it God?

What I'm saying is that where *faith* is concerned, evidence and what classifies as it is a complex topic.

In Judaism it is largely considered disrespectful to write "God" in full. It comes from the Torah and the commandments that were given to Moses.

YHWH is actually fully spelled as Yud-hay-vav-hay, but again it is shortened and proununced "YHWH" out of respect--as well the wish to keep the name sacred and unique.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:34:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 9:10:29 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:54:15 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:36:16 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:23:52 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.
I'm sorry you're suffering, Clash. However, outside the strictures of theological fear, questions and doubts are not considered a curse, but a blessing: an opportunity for growth.
I'm quite surprised on how nice your being. I knew you were atheistic. I'm intrigued on how you acted, it's rare and weird to find a supportive or nice atheist can you tell my what your beliefs are?

I hold that your moral and intellectual development is a good in itself, Timothy, even if it comes by frames I don't myself support.

I believe you're entitled to ask questions, to doubt, to compile evidence and form your own conclusions without being made to fear.

I believe you're entitled to dignity and respect throughout this process; that you're allowed to be wrong repeatedly as you work out what right ought to mean.

I believe that everyone has a duty of accountability to you in justifying what they advocate, and not claiming authority or expertise they can't substantiate.

I believe in the value of curiosity, compassion and evidence, that these are a human birthright, and belong to no single culture or creed.

I also believe you are also entitled to challenge evasion, deception and vanity when you see it, if it offends you, regardless of where it occurs, and not be put off by hollow claims of authority, vast expertise or sacred traditions.

Finally, I believe people are more than just their beliefs -- that the true measure of a human spirit is what it will sacrifice for; and sometimes people who disagree with us are better people than those with whom we agree.

I don't know what will be the outcome of your inquiry, Timothy, but I think it's a very important endeavour to undertake, and you will be stronger for it. :)
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:37:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 9:28:22 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/5/2015 9:07:47 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:53:24 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Only you can solve it. Additionally it depends on what constitutes "evidence"--it generally means different things to different people, and with something as complex as religion and the existence of G-d, it's not exactly easy to define. *Evidence* in itself can be fairly subjective depending on the subject matter.

And again, believing in G-d(s) is not about what "proof" there is; it is simply about faith.

Only I can decide but other people can help solve it. I believe in Scientific, Philosophical and statistics as good evidence. Why don't you spell it God?

What I'm saying is that where *faith* is concerned, evidence and what classifies as it is a complex topic.


In Judaism it is largely considered disrespectful to write "God" in full. It comes from the Torah and the commandments that were given to Moses.

YHWH is actually fully spelled as Yud-hay-vav-hay, but again it is shortened and proununced "YHWH" out of respect--as well the wish to keep the name sacred and unique.

That's true thus why I explain my definitions.

I spell it Yahweh if we're talking about the same thing.

Why exactly is it disrespectful? I'm quite intrigued.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 10:18:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 9:14:34 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:39:58 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:32:41 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:22:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Praying might not help you, but answered questions will - fire away.

I've got no questions for atheists.

Asking Christians questions won't get you anywhere, that's like asking the fox to guard your chicken coop.

Why? Asking Christians questions will most likely give me answers some will be not that intellectual or not what I needed but still answers and other answers could really help me.

Okay, then what are your questions? We still haven't heard them, yet, hence can't know whether or not anyone can help.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 10:22:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 10:18:59 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 9:14:34 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:39:58 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:32:41 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:22:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Praying might not help you, but answered questions will - fire away.

I've got no questions for atheists.

Asking Christians questions won't get you anywhere, that's like asking the fox to guard your chicken coop.

Why? Asking Christians questions will most likely give me answers some will be not that intellectual or not what I needed but still answers and other answers could really help me.

Okay, then what are your questions? We still haven't heard them, yet, hence can't know whether or not anyone can help.

Why do you want to help? I've got too many to post on a forum .
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 10:24:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 10:22:29 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 10:18:59 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 9:14:34 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:39:58 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:32:41 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:22:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Praying might not help you, but answered questions will - fire away.

I've got no questions for atheists.

Asking Christians questions won't get you anywhere, that's like asking the fox to guard your chicken coop.

Why? Asking Christians questions will most likely give me answers some will be not that intellectual or not what I needed but still answers and other answers could really help me.

Okay, then what are your questions? We still haven't heard them, yet, hence can't know whether or not anyone can help.

Why do you want to help? I've got too many to post on a forum .

Wtf? What is the point of this thread if you aren't going to post the questions?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 10:31:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Good luck finding your way. I will watch this thread with interest as lack of evidence for the Christian god is a significant problem - one that I have not seen a reasonable answer to, at least thus far.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 10:34:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 10:24:03 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 10:22:29 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 10:18:59 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 9:14:34 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:39:58 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:32:41 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:22:36 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Praying might not help you, but answered questions will - fire away.

I've got no questions for atheists.

Asking Christians questions won't get you anywhere, that's like asking the fox to guard your chicken coop.

Why? Asking Christians questions will most likely give me answers some will be not that intellectual or not what I needed but still answers and other answers could really help me.

Okay, then what are your questions? We still haven't heard them, yet, hence can't know whether or not anyone can help.

Why do you want to help? I've got too many to post on a forum .

Wtf? What is the point of this thread if you aren't going to post the questions?

I'll give some when asked. I just need support and stuff I've been researching for months so I know what most answers will be.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 10:39:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I hope whatever the outcome is it leads you to a happy and fulfilling life that benefits the people around you. Other than wishing you the best, I doubt if there is much I could help you with, or rather, that you would want me to help you with, since I have never had a religion. Nonetheless, I wanted to provide some support and let you know that I hope you find what is best for you honestly and sincerely.
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 11:00:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I would like to know, what exactly is difficult for you to believe? That it is good to love as Bible God tells?
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 11:33:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are you SERIOUSLY seeking Honest solutions or a quick easy fix for your discomfort over your doubts?

You claim:
I've got no questions for atheists.

If you read around the boards you will see that the atheists try and reject and ignore me more so then the religious crowd do.

That would be because I have no requirement for crutches for the mind and thoughts, be they scientific, religious or other popular trends, fads, concepts and traditions

WHY do I have no need of what others seem to require?

Same reason that I never believed in such deceptions as santa, the tooth fairy, easter bunny and other popular make believe and pretend concepts that people use as a means of trying to ESCAPE what makes them feel UNCOMFORTABLE to put it simply.

In order to destroy the "monsters & EVIL<>LIVE" we must have a CLEAR understanding of the NATURE of the BEA$T that rules the earthly world.

For years I read over, posted andI watched the BIG heads (scientists, professors and such) and the religious crowd go about their arguing and showing PROOF and such and I learned that it was just like with politics where the other sides are more wrong and more evil and MORE dishonest and such.

Weird part is that much of nothing is presented from either side of the argument.

What they choose to view as their evidence and facts comes from the books and other references that are made up by man to try and support a concept in various ways.

I find it interesting how the space cadets and wanna bee BIG heads around here want to believe that their made up theories are of more and better proof, fact and evidence then the religious with their doctrines and fads and many written stories & scripts

You are going through much the same feelings of doubt as you did when you were younger and took a CLOSER Honest look at the santa & easter bunny deceptions.

You will most likely just change religions and if you get VERY uncomfortable and displeased with the list of religions you can try on for size, there is always the other popular routes of science fiction and those "anti-christ" atheist concepts and such.

Those of the many are programed and brainwashed to pick & choose from a PREPARED list of choices that is VAGUE and must have most of the official paper work done in triplicate with plenty of RED TAPE and the ever popular "run around" where you end up back where you started, nowhere, lost and confused.

WHY do most feel uncomfortable around me?

because I never believed in santa and such as I preferred doing my OWN personal THINKING and being WHO I AM as I looked for the answers of

WHY is this world the way that it is, and

WHY do people ACT the way that they do, saying one thing (I do) and then doing something else (divorce and worse).

WHAT is unconditional LOVE?

it is the understanding that MOST know not what they do,

just as small children don't know that they are being programed and brainwashed by THE MACHINE of advancement and PROGRE$$.

The landfills and all the pollution and other man made hazards are sure a great TREAT for the small children of today that get the "enjoyment & pleasure" of modern advancement in the form of CANCER without having to smoke or such to get it.

And those landfills that are full of who knows what.

What a nice TREAT for the children of the future.

oh wait, THE END is NEAR, so just as well GRAB while the GRABBIN is GOOD.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 11:53:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 2:52:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 9:05:03 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:54:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I will try to help. What questions do you have?

Lots specially in the book of Revelations.

Well get in line; that's very common. I wouldn't worry about the book of Revelation too much personally. The gospels are more central to a Christian's life. Having said that, go ahead and ask me. I will do my best.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 3:15:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:53:24 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Only you can solve it. Additionally it depends on what constitutes "evidence"--it generally means different things to different people, and with something as complex as religion and the existence of G-d, it's not exactly easy to define. *Evidence* in itself can be fairly subjective depending on the subject matter.

And again, believing in G-d(s) is not about what "proof" there is; it is simply about faith.

G-d? I didn't know you were jewish.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 3:25:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I went though pretty much the same thing as you, and a lot of your fellow Christians will have too. It was really scary for me and I didn't really confide in anyone about it, and I got into a pretty bad state.

If you want to fell better, then you should confide in a family member, or a close friend. There is a good chance they have had some of the same problems in their lives and will be able to empathise and offer support. Just talking about these things is of comfort I find.

On the other hand, if you are feeling courageous, and want to see what you are afraid of, then I recommend reading the blog post "Stepping into the void", by (at the time) Pastor Bell. I am not saying that you should necessarily entertain what my fellow atheists are throwing at you in this thread, except that theists and atheists that I know that have gone through this stepping into the void process have all come out as better, more intellectually honest, and content people. There are many stories of Christians who have found going into it has let them discover new aspects of their faith they previously didn't understand, and then you have people like me. Check it out:

http://www.patheos.com...
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 3:30:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

Pray for guidance then read the Bible.

Not just commentaries about what it means or op eds about how to interpret it. Read it for yourself.

Understand that all your questions won't be answered or answered completely. Jesus was a mystery even onto the angels. And understanding of Enoch and the days of Noah won't be till the last generation.

Pray and read. Let it churn subconsciously for a few processor cycles. Feed upon but don't expect digestion to be instant.

God bless you
slo1
Posts: 4,313
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 3:36:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 9:05:03 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:54:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:04:11 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I'm a Christian and it's very hard to believe now because of lack of evidence and what not. And I still have millions of questions. I need help and prayer.

I will try to help. What questions do you have?

Lots specially in the book of Revelations.

How are you looking a the books of revelations? As a book influenced by the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD or as a prophesy? There are many ways to approach that book depending how you interpret the bible.