Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Satan is God's right hand man and bro

smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.
Serato
Posts: 743
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:44:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Damn. It wasn't but two minutes ago in another thread that you claimed to be an atheist with no beliefs in a deity, yet here you are now as Lucifer's best buddy forever and ever; who is the Satan by the way. He is the deceiver.
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:53:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Satan and Lucifer are NOT the same person.

An Atheist understands YOUR bible better. F-cking ironic.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:35:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.

You need to be a bit better-educated in biblical scholarship before you go calling people names.

Like ol' Lucifer. You should know that the whole "Lucifer" moniker for SATAN is based on a mis-translation from the Book of Isiah. (Hmm...14:12, if memory serves).

Jerome was speaking of the King of Babylon when he spoke of the "giver of light." (Which is what the word Lucifer translates to in the Hebrew.)

So...here is the deal, new meat. Any time you have a sincere desire to ascertain the real, "no-spin" truth about SATAN, it would probably serve you best to simply ask me.

I will see what I can do, for ya.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:41:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.

You need to check out some of the premises I posed on my Thread about "What If Satan Was Right?"

There you will find that I mentioned the Job story as simply one example of how god is actually the cruel entity, and not SATAN. I list many more examples which all but irrefutably support this opinion. (Mass murder not being the least of them!)

Meanwhile, here is some info on that whole "Lucifer" misnomer I just brought you up to speed on.

No charge, mate! LOL.

http://www.lds-mormon.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:44:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 6:53:44 PM, smelisox wrote:
Satan and Lucifer are NOT the same person.

An Atheist understands YOUR bible better. F-cking ironic.

Well, hell. We agree!

I have pointed out many times on DDO that I have often found us Agnostics and Atheists are often much more educated on Theological discourse and history--including the Bible--then the Theists and christians are.

I believe I even used the word "ironic" to describe this dynamic!

"Sad" would be another accurate adjective.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Serato
Posts: 743
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:43:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 6:53:44 PM, smelisox wrote:
Satan and Lucifer are NOT the same person.

An Atheist understands YOUR bible better. F-cking ironic.

Except it's not ironic. The Bible states that Lucifer is the Satan. The word "Satan" isn't a real name. It's a name that implies deception. Saint_of_Lucifer seems to think Lucifer is the Satan, and he's a Satanist, sooo...
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:55:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.

Troll
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 5:12:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:35:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
You need to be a bit better-educated in biblical scholarship before you go calling people names.

You need to, what's the word... Learn to read properly?
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 5:13:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So Satan is more of a deity like God, while Lucifer is a proper entity?

Still means they're not the same person, and Satan is still nicer than God.
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:54:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 8:35:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.

You need to be a bit better-educated in biblical scholarship before you go calling people names.

Like ol' Lucifer. You should know that the whole "Lucifer" moniker for SATAN is based on a mis-translation from the Book of Isiah. (Hmm...14:12, if memory serves).

Jerome was speaking of the King of Babylon when he spoke of the "giver of light." (Which is what the word Lucifer translates to in the Hebrew.)

So...here is the deal, new meat. Any time you have a sincere desire to ascertain the real, "no-spin" truth about SATAN, it would probably serve you best to simply ask me.

I will see what I can do, for ya.

Hey Saint_of_Me, I thought you might find this interesting. You are correct that Lucifer is a mistranslation, however, it is a mistranslation of a mistranslation. The English Lucifer is actually a Latin word that Jerome translated from the Greek word xosphoruos, which means light-bringer (just as you've said).

However, xosphoruos is in the Greek Old Testament Septuagint, and it is a mistranslation of the Hebrew heylel. Heylel does not mean "light-bringer", and Lucifer is not some light-bearing god that fell from Heaven in the eloquent style of Prometheus. Heylel is from the Hebrew Halal, and it means to shout or to howl. This verse literally says:

How art thou fallen, O howl, son of the morning!

Here's a website I hope you might be interested in. He sarcastically explains the whole Lucifer issue, so it's fun to read. He also gives you a list of every time Heylel is translated in Scripture. This guy exposes a lot of what you might think is wrong with Scripture. Here is the particular link that's all about the big Lucifer hoax:

http://bible-truths.com...

I hope you enjoy. Thank you my friend.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 11:35:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
God tortures Job ...

You should read the Bible, before you make your claims.

It is Satan who tortures, when he permitted to do what he wants.

No surprise to me that you admire torturer.
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 11:39:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't admire torture. God repeatedly tortures Job and kills his family to prove a point to Satan.

That's as if I came to your house and shot all your family to prove you should have a more secure doorlock. Who is the evil one?
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 12:34:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2015 8:54:21 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:35:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.

You need to be a bit better-educated in biblical scholarship before you go calling people names.

Like ol' Lucifer. You should know that the whole "Lucifer" moniker for SATAN is based on a mis-translation from the Book of Isiah. (Hmm...14:12, if memory serves).

Jerome was speaking of the King of Babylon when he spoke of the "giver of light." (Which is what the word Lucifer translates to in the Hebrew.)

So...here is the deal, new meat. Any time you have a sincere desire to ascertain the real, "no-spin" truth about SATAN, it would probably serve you best to simply ask me.

I will see what I can do, for ya.

Hey Saint_of_Me, I thought you might find this interesting. You are correct that Lucifer is a mistranslation, however, it is a mistranslation of a mistranslation. The English Lucifer is actually a Latin word that Jerome translated from the Greek word xosphoruos, which means light-bringer (just as you've said).

However, xosphoruos is in the Greek Old Testament Septuagint, and it is a mistranslation of the Hebrew heylel. Heylel does not mean "light-bringer", and Lucifer is not some light-bearing god that fell from Heaven in the eloquent style of Prometheus. Heylel is from the Hebrew Halal, and it means to shout or to howl. This verse literally says:

How art thou fallen, O howl, son of the morning!

Here's a website I hope you might be interested in. He sarcastically explains the whole Lucifer issue, so it's fun to read. He also gives you a list of every time Heylel is translated in Scripture. This guy exposes a lot of what you might think is wrong with Scripture. Here is the particular link that's all about the big Lucifer hoax:

http://bible-truths.com...

I hope you enjoy. Thank you my friend.

Ah so! Very interesting stuff. And yeah, I love that website, and have visited it a few times in the past. Often times in order to get fodder for my debates with the Fundies. LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 2:51:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2015 12:34:35 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/6/2015 8:54:21 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:35:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.

You need to be a bit better-educated in biblical scholarship before you go calling people names.

Like ol' Lucifer. You should know that the whole "Lucifer" moniker for SATAN is based on a mis-translation from the Book of Isiah. (Hmm...14:12, if memory serves).

Jerome was speaking of the King of Babylon when he spoke of the "giver of light." (Which is what the word Lucifer translates to in the Hebrew.)

So...here is the deal, new meat. Any time you have a sincere desire to ascertain the real, "no-spin" truth about SATAN, it would probably serve you best to simply ask me.

I will see what I can do, for ya.

Hey Saint_of_Me, I thought you might find this interesting. You are correct that Lucifer is a mistranslation, however, it is a mistranslation of a mistranslation. The English Lucifer is actually a Latin word that Jerome translated from the Greek word xosphoruos, which means light-bringer (just as you've said).

However, xosphoruos is in the Greek Old Testament Septuagint, and it is a mistranslation of the Hebrew heylel. Heylel does not mean "light-bringer", and Lucifer is not some light-bearing god that fell from Heaven in the eloquent style of Prometheus. Heylel is from the Hebrew Halal, and it means to shout or to howl. This verse literally says:

How art thou fallen, O howl, son of the morning!

Here's a website I hope you might be interested in. He sarcastically explains the whole Lucifer issue, so it's fun to read. He also gives you a list of every time Heylel is translated in Scripture. This guy exposes a lot of what you might think is wrong with Scripture. Here is the particular link that's all about the big Lucifer hoax:

http://bible-truths.com...

I hope you enjoy. Thank you my friend.

Ah so! Very interesting stuff. And yeah, I love that website, and have visited it a few times in the past. Often times in order to get fodder for my debates with the Fundies. LOL

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that hinders you from believing the Scriptures? L. Ray Smith is a funny guy, and I don't agree with him on everything, but does He not present a reasonable argument that the God of Scripture is the One True God? Have you ever heard of A.E Knoch? Here's an article about the "fall of Satan" from him:

http://www.theheraldofgodsgrace.org...

I highly recommend this site. I know you believe in a non personal god. I wouldn't say the God of Scripture is necessarily "personal" as if anything we do can effect Him, but I do believe He is Love and He personally Loves every one of us. I know you have a problem with all the violence of the Old Covenant, but what does it matter if one dies this way and another that way? We all die and leave this meaningless world, and if God is going to bring us ALL back to life, then what does any of it matter? Thank you friend.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 2:58:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2015 2:51:17 PM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/6/2015 12:34:35 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/6/2015 8:54:21 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/5/2015 8:35:54 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.

You need to be a bit better-educated in biblical scholarship before you go calling people names.

Like ol' Lucifer. You should know that the whole "Lucifer" moniker for SATAN is based on a mis-translation from the Book of Isiah. (Hmm...14:12, if memory serves).

Jerome was speaking of the King of Babylon when he spoke of the "giver of light." (Which is what the word Lucifer translates to in the Hebrew.)

So...here is the deal, new meat. Any time you have a sincere desire to ascertain the real, "no-spin" truth about SATAN, it would probably serve you best to simply ask me.

I will see what I can do, for ya.

Hey Saint_of_Me, I thought you might find this interesting. You are correct that Lucifer is a mistranslation, however, it is a mistranslation of a mistranslation. The English Lucifer is actually a Latin word that Jerome translated from the Greek word xosphoruos, which means light-bringer (just as you've said).

However, xosphoruos is in the Greek Old Testament Septuagint, and it is a mistranslation of the Hebrew heylel. Heylel does not mean "light-bringer", and Lucifer is not some light-bearing god that fell from Heaven in the eloquent style of Prometheus. Heylel is from the Hebrew Halal, and it means to shout or to howl. This verse literally says:

How art thou fallen, O howl, son of the morning!

Here's a website I hope you might be interested in. He sarcastically explains the whole Lucifer issue, so it's fun to read. He also gives you a list of every time Heylel is translated in Scripture. This guy exposes a lot of what you might think is wrong with Scripture. Here is the particular link that's all about the big Lucifer hoax:

http://bible-truths.com...

I hope you enjoy. Thank you my friend.

Ah so! Very interesting stuff. And yeah, I love that website, and have visited it a few times in the past. Often times in order to get fodder for my debates with the Fundies. LOL

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that hinders you from believing the Scriptures? L. Ray Smith is a funny guy, and I don't agree with him on everything, but does He not present a reasonable argument that the God of Scripture is the One True God? Have you ever heard of A.E Knoch? Here's an article about the "fall of Satan" from him:

http://www.theheraldofgodsgrace.org...

I highly recommend this site. I know you believe in a non personal god. I wouldn't say the God of Scripture is necessarily "personal" as if anything we do can effect Him, but I do believe He is Love and He personally Loves every one of us. I know you have a problem with all the violence of the Old Covenant, but what does it matter if one dies this way and another that way? We all die and leave this meaningless world, and if God is going to bring us ALL back to life, then what does any of it matter? Thank you friend.

Wow..you cannot be serious when you say that you do not think that Yah-Yah (my name for Yahweh) from the blood-soaked OT is not personal? That muderous and capricious tyrannical bully is absolutely LOADED with human characteristics.

Including but, alas, not limited to:

Jealousy... (of his chosen people idolizing or worshiping other gods, like ol' Ball.)

Blood-lust....Far too many incidences of mass murder and ethnic cleansing to mention, but I can provide you a list if you need one.

Envy...See Jealousy.

Megalo-mania.Demands to be continually and ceaselessly adored and worshiped. Or else! Kills who he want when he wants, including innocent women and children.

Infidelity...As pertaining to his most devout followers. Look what did to poor Job! All for a bet with his ex-BFF SATAN.

Response to any of the above? Fire away, bro.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 12:59:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2015 2:58:48 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:


I would like to try and respond to all of these things at one time if that is okay. That way, I can try to present an entire picture rather than several individual paragraphs. I will still address every individual thing you wrote, but I may not do it in the specific order that you listed it.

I didn't say God is "not personal". I said He is not "necessarily" personal "as if He needed anything from us". He doesn't look at one person differently from another, because He is no respecter of persons. He has chosen a few people for a specific task that involves Himself, but every person has their specific reason for being here.

The first thing we have to understand is that God is the Creator of all things. He knew you before you were ever born, and He set you aside for whatever He wanted you to do. He has Determined all things that have ever and will ever happen. This means from jumping into a puddle when you was a child to the 14 year old girl that gets raped and murdered, God knows everything that will happen before it happens, and He set forth the Initial Cause that has brought about everything.

Good and Evil are things that we experience because God has given us the Knowledge of them. Eccesiastes 1:13 says it is the experience of Evil that God has given to the sons of man to be humbled by (I can explain this if you'd like because there are very few translations that say this). The experience of Evil teaches us to have the Prudence and Wisdom to know what is Good.

God's Jealousy is not like our jealousy. He is the Creator of all, and to watch as His children worship Carnal things such as wooden and stone idols, money, lust, and themselves, He is righteously jealous. The Hebrew people were given the knowledge of the One True God, and yet they continuously sought after the pagans. Of course, all of this was already Determined, but should an author not feel emotion and compassion towards the characters he has made?

God is not blood-thirsty. Even the animal sacrifices were never a requirement, and God eventually got rid of the entire practice in 70 A.D. He only allowed it because He was dealing with primitive man who had been very influenced by the pagan cultures around them. That is why He says "If any man" at the beginning of Leviticus.

God did have the Israelites to kill a lot of people, even fellow Israelites at times. This again is misunderstood by our Carnal minds. Imagine, God has witnessed every human being that has ever died. He is the One that cursed mankind with death, and it's been going on since Adam. Adam and Eve had three known sons, Cain, Abel, and Seth. Cain killed Abel, and this had to happen. Had Abel lived, his children would have continued to learn righteousness, and part of the world would not be as Evil as it needed to be. God had a different plan for mankind, and He had already Determined that Abel would die. So an Evil act was used to accomplish this goal. However, it wasn't that Cain physically killed Abel that was Evil, because it was all part of God's plan. It was the jealousy, anger, and hatred that Cain felt in His heart, from his own Evil intentions, that was Evil. These selfish emotions and mindsets are what God despises. The Israelites didn't kill entire cities because they hated the people. They killed them because they had to in order to fill God's purpose. God knows what the future of those killed will be, and He knows that He is going to give those people an infinitely better blessing than the meaningless life that they lived.

Think about it really hard, what does it matter if we die at seven years old, 25 years old, or 90 years old? Does it really matter how we die? Whether we suffer through cancer or we're stabbed through the heart, what difference does it make? When we are dead and are longer conscious, why will we care? Our brain doesn't work anymore because the Scriptures say:

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten." Ecclesiastes 9:5

Our next waking moment is judgment, where

"Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE;
Every man's work shall be made MANIFEST: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be REVEALED by FIRE; and the FIRE shall TRY every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be SAVED; yet so as by FIRE." 1 Corinthians 3:12

God's Spiritual Lake of Fire will try us and test us, and then all people will know the Truth.

"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the INHABITANTS of the world will LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS." Isaiah 26:9

"For this is GOOD and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who WILL have ALL men to be SAVED, and to COME unto the KNOWLEDGE of the TRUTH.
For there is ONE God, and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in DUE TIME." 1 Timothy 2:3

Paul doesn't tell Timothy that God "hopes and wishes" that ALL men will know Him; he says with complete confidence that God WILL have all men to have the knowledge of the Truth.

Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of the worship God requires from us believers. Yeshua says if we love Him, we will follow His commandments. Loving everyone, never judging, and giving all that we have is how we worship God. We are by no means perfect at these things, but we struggle to learnt them because we know that God's way is so much better than ours.

It is true that many great Evils were ascribed to Job. So, what happened at the end of Job? The Evil experiences humble Job, just as the Scriptures say it does. This Causes Job to repent and to remember that he knows nothing and that God does all that He desires. When Job is at his lowest, God blesses him and replaces everything that was taken ten fold. Perhaps you don't think this reward was good enough for the brief few years that Job had to suffer, but as far as Job's personal preferences went, he was very happy and grateful for his reward. He first realized that God didn't owe him anything, and then God gives him everything.

Everything is meaningless my friend. Please tell me one thing that I can do that will remain with me forever? I raise my children and give them everything, then I die, where I neither remember them nor am I able to care what they are doing. They raise their children for generation after generation, and who's to say my great great grandchild will not be a fool and lose everything that I worked for. So why should I even care? The things I hope to give to my children, and the things that I desire are much deeper and more satisfying than any material object. I do love my children very much, and I teach them as much as I can because I want them to have joy and be contempt all the days of their short lives. But I, like the Roman peasant farmer in 218 B.C., will die, decompose, and return to dust.

Here is an excellent article about the problem of Evil:

http://www.theheraldofgodsgrace.org...

I see you also enjoy conspiracy theories. I used to enjoy studying luciferianism, the illuminati, pagan myths, and government secrets, until it sent me down the dark path of believing Satan was in control. The conspiracy is much bigger than it appears, and it has been going on since the beginning. But God is in complete control, so there is nothing to fear. I would love to discuss these things as a side issue if you'd like to message me. I hope I covered everything, but please feel free to ask anything. Thank you my friend.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 5:44:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/6/2015 2:51:17 PM, anonymouswho wrote:
I know you have a problem with all the violence of the Old Covenant, but what does it matter if one dies this way and another that way? We all die and leave this meaningless world, and if God is going to bring us ALL back to life, then what does any of it matter? Thank you friend.

This is exactly the kind of deranged sickness religion teaches people, that life is completely irrelevant and meaningless and that violence is perfectly acceptable.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:01:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 12:59:24 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/6/2015 2:58:48 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I didn't say God is "not personal". I said He is not "necessarily" personal "as if He needed anything from us". He doesn't look at one person differently from another, because He is no respecter of persons. He has chosen a few people for a specific task that involves Himself, but every person has their specific reason for being here.

The first thing we have to understand is that God is the Creator of all things. He knew you before you were ever born, and He set you aside for whatever He wanted you to do. He has Determined all things that have ever and will ever happen. This means from jumping into a puddle when you was a child to the 14 year old girl that gets raped and murdered, God knows everything that will happen before it happens, and He set forth the Initial Cause that has brought about everything.

That is disgusting and insulting, to say God has given us a standard and Jesus shows us what is the truth and yet He controls all our actions both evil and good is outrageous, insane, misleading and presents too many contradictions, you should be ashamed.

Here are a few things that scripture says God doesn't control or plan...
James 1
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

By your logic whatever I do is controlled by God, there is no right and wrong, there is no thinking and practicing to be in the light, there is no living and applying spiritual aspects to ones life, there would be no reason to repent, there would be no reason to forgive, no reason to confess and no reason to pursue God lol, wow you pretty much eliminate the whole Bible and Christianity, good job.



God's Jealousy is not like our jealousy. He is the Creator of all, and to watch as His children worship Carnal things such as wooden and stone idols, money, lust, and themselves, He is righteously jealous. The Hebrew people were given the knowledge of the One True God, and yet they continuously sought after the pagans. Of course, all of this was already Determined, but should an author not feel emotion and compassion towards the characters he has made?

That's insanity, pure and simple.

God is not blood-thirsty. Even the animal sacrifices were never a requirement, and God eventually got rid of the entire practice in 70 A.D. He only allowed it because He was dealing with primitive man who had been very influenced by the pagan cultures around them. That is why He says "If any man" at the beginning of Leviticus.

Influenced by pagan cultures??? How could they be influenced by anyone? God controls everything remember? the contradictions are endless.

These selfish emotions and mindsets are what God despises. The Israelites didn't kill entire cities because they hated the people. They killed them because they had to in order to fill God's purpose. God knows what the future of those killed will be, and He knows that He is going to give those people an infinitely better blessing than the meaningless life that they lived.
The meaningless life they lived was determined by God, remember? more insanity.

Think about it really hard, what does it matter if we die at seven years old, 25 years old, or 90 years old? Does it really matter how we die? Whether we suffer through cancer or we're stabbed through the heart, what difference does it make? When we are dead and are longer conscious, why will we care? Our brain doesn't work anymore because the Scriptures say:

"Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE;
Every man's work shall be made MANIFEST: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be REVEALED by FIRE; and the FIRE shall TRY every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be SAVED; yet so as by FIRE." 1 Corinthians 3:12

God's Spiritual Lake of Fire will try us and test us, and then all people will know the Truth.

"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the INHABITANTS of the world will LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS." Isaiah 26:9

"For this is GOOD and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who WILL have ALL men to be SAVED, and to COME unto the KNOWLEDGE of the TRUTH.
For there is ONE God, and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in DUE TIME." 1 Timothy 2:3

Paul doesn't tell Timothy that God "hopes and wishes" that ALL men will know Him; he says with complete confidence that God WILL have all men to have the knowledge of the Truth.

Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of the worship God requires from us believers. Yeshua says if we love Him, we will follow His commandments. Loving everyone, never judging, and giving all that we have is how we worship God. We are by no means perfect at these things, but we struggle to learnt them because we know that God's way is so much better than ours.

It is true that many great Evils were ascribed to Job. So, what happened at the end of Job? The Evil experiences humble Job, just as the Scriptures say it does. This Causes Job to repent and to remember that he knows nothing and that God does all that He desires. When Job is at his lowest, God blesses him and replaces everything that was taken ten fold. Perhaps you don't think this reward was good enough for the brief few years that Job had to suffer, but as far as Job's personal preferences went, he was very happy and grateful for his reward. He first realized that God didn't owe him anything, and then God gives him everything.

Everything is meaningless my friend. Please tell me one thing that I can do that will remain with me forever? I raise my children and give them everything, then I die, where I neither remember them nor am I able to care what they are doing. They raise their children for generation after generation, and who's to say my great great grandchild will not be a fool and lose everything that I worked for. So why should I even care? The things I hope to give to my children, and the things that I desire are much deeper and more satisfying than any material object. I do love my children very much, and I teach them as much as I can because I want them to have joy and be contempt all the days of their short lives. But I, like the Roman peasant farmer in 218 B.C., will die, decompose, and return to dust.

Here is an excellent article about the problem of Evil:

http://www.theheraldofgodsgrace.org...

I see you also enjoy conspiracy theories. I used to enjoy studying luciferianism, the illuminati, pagan myths, and government secrets, until it sent me down the dark path of believing Satan was in control. The conspiracy is much bigger than it appears, and it has been going on since the beginning. But God is in complete control, so there is nothing to fear. I would love to discuss these things as a side issue if you'd like to message me. I hope I covered everything, but please feel fr
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:53:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:01:34 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 7/7/2015 12:59:24 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/6/2015 2:58:48 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:


That is disgusting and insulting, to say God has given us a standard and Jesus shows us what is the truth and yet He controls all our actions both evil and good is outrageous, insane, misleading and presents too many contradictions, you should be ashamed.

Here are a few things that scripture says God doesn't control or plan...
James 1
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.


By your logic whatever I do is controlled by God, there is no right and wrong, there is no thinking and practicing to be in the light, there is no living and applying spiritual aspects to ones life, there would be no reason to repent, there would be no reason to forgive, no reason to confess and no reason to pursue God lol, wow you pretty much eliminate the whole Bible and Christianity, good job.

I am sorry that I have offended you. Please understand that I only have 8000 characters to write, so it is impossible for me to fit every detail into one post. I will try to address your concerns, because what you are saying is completely understandable and something I del with for a long time.

First, I would like to address the verse you provided. God does not tempt us with Evil, and I never said such a thing. I said He is the Cause of all things that brought about our being tempted, though He is not the One that directly tempts us. It is the Devil who tempts us because the Devil is God's tool. Consider the following:

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" Genesis 3:1

Who is it that tempted Eve? It was the Serpent of course. But how did the Serpent get there, and why did he do what he did? Because he was more subtil than any beast that God had made. God Himself made the Serpent, God Himself made the Serpent subtil, and God Himself put the Serpent in the Garden, for God had created all the beasts of the Earth.

Here is another example:

"And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
And the LORD said, Who shall PERSUADE Ahab, that he may go up and FALL at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
And there came forth a SPIRIT, and stood before the LORD, and said, I WILL PERSUADE HIM.
And the LORD said unto him, WHEREWITH? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a LYING SPIRIT in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, THOU SHALT PERSUADE HIM, and PREVAIL also: GO FORTH, and DO SO.
Now therefore, behold, THE LORD HATH PUT A LYING SPIRIT in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and THE LORD HATH SPOKEN EVIL CONCERNING THEE." 1 Kings 22:19

It was the Devil that said he would persuade Ahab, and he said he would do so by being a lying spirit. It was God that agreed to this proposition, and it was God that "put" the lying spirit into the prophets.

God does not physically make us sin, but when the temptation arrives, our hearts give into sin. This is because God has created man with a weak heart:

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked (Hebrew anash- weak, sick, frail): who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

Consider Joseph and his brother. What would have happened if Josephs brothers had not became jealous and desired to sell him? They had to sell Joseph or many people would have died. So it wasn't the act of selling Joseph that was Evil, because it had to come to pass. It was the weak hearts of his brothers where the Evil resided. Envy, Anger, and Hatred are the Evils that were committed. But what does Joseph say?

"But as for you, ye THOUGHT evil against me; but God meant it unto GOOD, to BRING TO PASS, as it is this day, to SAVE much people alive." Genesis 50:20

You see, everything that happens is exactly what is supposed to happen. God has brought about all things. It is our weak hearts that He is working on. God doesn't look at the outward man, he looks into our hearts to see our intentions for the Evil things we do:

"But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth NOT AS MAN SEETH; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD LOOKETH on the HEART." 1 Samuel 16:7

"There are many DEVICES in a man's HEART; NEVERTHELESS the COUNSEL of the LORD, that SHALL STAND." Proverbs 19:21

Remember what Yeshua said:

"And LEAD us not into TEMPTATION, but DELIVER us from EVIL" Matthew 6:13

God is able to "lead" us into temptation, but it is the devil that accuses and confuses, and it is our weak hearts that give into this temptation.

As far as repenting, living righteously, forgiving, confessing, and pursuing God, Who is it that Causes you to do these things? Why do we feel bad when we sin and why do we seek God?

"For it is God which WORKETH in you both to WILL and to DO of his GOOD pleasure." Philippians 2:13

"For BY GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God:
NOT of works, lest any man should BOAST.
For we are his WORKMANSHIP, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath BEFORE ORDAINED that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:8

"What shall we say then? Is there UNRIGHTEOUSNESS with God? God forbid.
For he saith to Moses, I will have MERCY ON WHOM I WILL have mercy, and I will have COMPASSION ON WHOM I WILL have compassion.
So then it is NOT of him that WILLETH, nor of him that RUNNETH, but of GOD THAT SHEWETH MERCY.
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same PURPOSE have I RAISED thee up, that I might shew MY power in thee, and that MY name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Therefore hath he mercy on whom HE WILL have mercy, and whom HE WILL HE HARDENETH.
Thou wilt say then unto me, WHY DOTH HE YET FIND FAULT? For who hath RESISTED HIS WILL?
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing FORMED say to him that FORMED it, WHY hast thou MADE me thus?
Hath not the POTTER POWER over the CLAY, of the same lump to MAKE one vessel unto HONOR, and another unto DISHONOR?
What (the word 'what' is not in the original Greek) IF God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his POWER KNOWN, endured with much LONGSUFFERING the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
And that he might make known the RICHES OF HIS GLORY on the VESSELS OF MERCY, which he had AFORE PREPARED UNTO GLORY" Romans 9:14

The last part of this passage is not a hypothetical question. Paul is stating a fact. If God wants to make His power known, then with much longsuffering he has endured with these vessels fit for destruction. This is not talking about individual people. This is talking about the flesh. The flesh will be destroyed and then all people will know the riches of His Glory when we are prepared in the Vessels of Mercy (our Spiritual bodies) that He made beforehand.

I'm running out of room so I will wait for you to reply I'm very excited to discuss this with my Brothers and Sisters. God bless you my friend.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:42:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:01:34 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

That is disgusting and insulting, to say God has given us a standard and Jesus shows us what is the truth and yet He controls all our actions both evil and good is outrageous, insane, misleading and presents too many contradictions, you should be ashamed.

By your logic whatever I do is controlled by God, there is no right and wrong, there is no thinking and practicing to be in the light, there is no living and applying spiritual aspects to ones life, there would be no reason to repent, there would be no reason to forgive, no reason to confess and no reason to pursue God lol, wow you pretty much eliminate the whole Bible and Christianity, good job.
That's insanity, pure and simple.
the contradictions are endless.

The meaningless life they lived was determined by God, remember? more insanity.

LOL. The insane calling the insane, insane. Hilarious.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:33:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 5:44:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/6/2015 2:51:17 PM, anonymouswho wrote:
I know you have a problem with all the violence of the Old Covenant, but what does it matter if one dies this way and another that way? We all die and leave this meaningless world, and if God is going to bring us ALL back to life, then what does any of it matter? Thank you friend.

This is exactly the kind of deranged sickness religion teaches people, that life is completely irrelevant and meaningless and that violence is perfectly acceptable.

Hello DanneJeRusse, I was wondering if you could please provide meaning for our lives. What exactly can I do that will always remain with me? When I die, I won't remember nor care about anything because I won't have the ability to do so. Just as I was meaningless before I was born, I will likewise be meaningless when I die. What exactly can I do to change this vanity?

Get an education? Every bit of worldly knowledge will change in the next 20 years, and it will continue changing long after I am dead. So everything I thought I knew, will be ignorance in the eyes of them after us, and yet I will be dead and not care.

Should I get a good job and work hard all the days of my life to make lots of money? For what? So that I can enjoy a grand life of many possessions, all of which will eventually amount to nothing after I am dead. Perhaps my great great grandchildren will place everything I've worked for into gambling, and lose it all. But why will I care? I will be dead.

Should I sit around on DDO telling people how stupid they are every second of my life until I finally drift off into the utter darkness of death?

Should I work out and take vitamins so that I can live long enough for the technology singularity, and then Google can give me a brand new, cold, hard metal body? Who's to say I won't get hit by a truck or shot in the head before this day ends?

Religion does the exact opposite of what you say. Religion tells us that there is a way to bring meaning to our lives, that we should "win souls for Jesus" because our purpose is to save people from some God ordained eternal torture chamber by appealing to their free will. The Scriptures tell us that life is meaningless, because it is True, and the Scriptures are always True. We are like the grass, a vapor that is here for a little while and then vanishes away. It's been that way since the beginning and it will continue to be that way until God reconciles the world back to Himself.

Thank you my friend.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:44:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:33:18 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/7/2015 5:44:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/6/2015 2:51:17 PM, anonymouswho wrote:
I know you have a problem with all the violence of the Old Covenant, but what does it matter if one dies this way and another that way? We all die and leave this meaningless world, and if God is going to bring us ALL back to life, then what does any of it matter? Thank you friend.

This is exactly the kind of deranged sickness religion teaches people, that life is completely irrelevant and meaningless and that violence is perfectly acceptable.

Hello DanneJeRusse, I was wondering if you could please provide meaning for our lives. What exactly can I do that will always remain with me? When I die, I won't remember nor care about anything because I won't have the ability to do so. Just as I was meaningless before I was born, I will likewise be meaningless when I die. What exactly can I do to change this vanity?

Stop believing in the insanity of the Bible. Then, you might just understand how precious life is and how you too can find meaning. Currently, with your religious beliefs, that will never happen.

Get an education?

That would help, too.

Every bit of worldly knowledge will change in the next 20 years, and it will continue changing long after I am dead.

Wrong.

So everything I thought I knew, will be ignorance in the eyes of them after us, and yet I will be dead and not care.

Then, remain stupid and ignorant if that's what want.

Should I get a good job and work hard all the days of my life to make lots of money? For what? So that I can enjoy a grand life of many possessions, all of which will eventually amount to nothing after I am dead. Perhaps my great great grandchildren will place everything I've worked for into gambling, and lose it all. But why will I care? I will be dead.

What does that have to do with anything? We're not talking about money, we're talking about how your religion destroys the human mind.

Should I sit around on DDO telling people how stupid they are every second of my life until I finally drift off into the utter darkness of death?

Should I work out and take vitamins so that I can live long enough for the technology singularity, and then Google can give me a brand new, cold, hard metal body? Who's to say I won't get hit by a truck or shot in the head before this day ends?

Religion does the exact opposite of what you say. Religion tells us that there is a way to bring meaning to our lives, that we should "win souls for Jesus" because our purpose is to save people from some God ordained eternal torture chamber by appealing to their free will. The Scriptures tell us that life is meaningless, because it is True, and the Scriptures are always True. We are like the grass, a vapor that is here for a little while and then vanishes away. It's been that way since the beginning and it will continue to be that way until God reconciles the world back to Himself.

Yes, that is exactly the insanity you need to get rid of as it has clearly deranged and sickened your mind into believing life is meaningless, and you will never understand until you rid yourself of that insanity.

Thank you my friend.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
lucky59
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:58:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:33:18 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/7/2015 5:44:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/6/2015 2:51:17 PM, anonymouswho wrote:
I know you have a problem with all the violence of the Old Covenant, but what does it matter if one dies this way and another that way? We all die and leave this meaningless world, and if God is going to bring us ALL back to life, then what does any of it matter? Thank you friend.

This is exactly the kind of deranged sickness religion teaches people, that life is completely irrelevant and meaningless and that violence is perfectly acceptable.

Hello DanneJeRusse, I was wondering if you could please provide meaning for our lives. What exactly can I do that will always remain with me? When I die, I won't remember nor care about anything because I won't have the ability to do so. Just as I was meaningless before I was born, I will likewise be meaningless when I die. What exactly can I do to change this vanity?

Get an education? Every bit of worldly knowledge will change in the next 20 years, and it will continue changing long after I am dead. So everything I thought I knew, will be ignorance in the eyes of them after us, and yet I will be dead and not care.

Should I get a good job and work hard all the days of my life to make lots of money? For what? So that I can enjoy a grand life of many possessions, all of which will eventually amount to nothing after I am dead. Perhaps my great great grandchildren will place everything I've worked for into gambling, and lose it all. But why will I care? I will be dead.

Should I sit around on DDO telling people how stupid they are every second of my life until I finally drift off into the utter darkness of death?

Should I work out and take vitamins so that I can live long enough for the technology singularity, and then Google can give me a brand new, cold, hard metal body? Who's to say I won't get hit by a truck or shot in the head before this day ends?

Religion does the exact opposite of what you say. Religion tells us that there is a way to bring meaning to our lives, that we should "win souls for Jesus" because our purpose is to save people from some God ordained eternal torture chamber by appealing to their free will. The Scriptures tell us that life is meaningless, because it is True, and the Scriptures are always True. We are like the grass, a vapor that is here for a little while and then vanishes away. It's been that way since the beginning and it will continue to be that way until God reconciles the world back to Himself.

Thank you my friend. : :

"the Scriptures are always True"

This is not true my friend. You were guided to some true statements in the Bible but most people are guided to the pagan ideas that were added to them.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 12:10:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 12:59:24 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/6/2015 2:58:48 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:


I would like to try and respond to all of these things at one time if that is okay. That way, I can try to present an entire picture rather than several individual paragraphs. I will still address every individual thing you wrote, but I may not do it in the specific order that you listed it.


Good and Evil are things that we experience because God has given us the Knowledge of them. Eccesiastes 1:13 says it is the experience of Evil that God has given to the sons of man to be humbled by (I can explain this if you'd like because there are very few translations that say this). The experience of Evil teaches us to have the Prudence and Wisdom to know what is Good.

God's Jealousy is not like our jealousy. He is the Creator of all, and to watch as His children worship Carnal things such as wooden and stone idols, money, lust, and themselves, He is righteously jealous. The Hebrew people were given the knowledge of the One True God, and yet they continuously sought after the pagans. Of course, all of this was already Determined, but should an author not feel emotion and compassion towards the characters he has made?

God is not blood-thirsty. Even the animal sacrifices were never a requirement, and God eventually got rid of the entire practice in 70 A.D. He only allowed it because He was dealing with primitive man who had been very influenced by the pagan cultures around them. That is why He says "If any man" at the beginning of Leviticus.

God did have the Israelites to kill a lot of people, even fellow Israelites at times. This again is misunderstood by our Carnal minds. Imagine, God has witnessed every human being that has ever died. He is the One that cursed mankind with death, and it's been going on since Adam. Adam and Eve had three known sons, Cain, Abel, and Seth. Cain killed Abel, and this had to happen. Had Abel lived, his children would have continued to learn righteousness, and part of the world would not be as Evil as it needed to be. God had a different plan for mankind, and He had already Determined that Abel would die. So an Evil act was used to accomplish this goal. However, it wasn't that Cain physically killed Abel that was Evil, because it was all part of God's plan. It was the jealousy, anger, and hatred that Cain felt in His heart, from his own Evil intentions, that was Evil. These selfish emotions and mindsets are what God despises. The Israelites didn't kill entire cities because they hated the people. They killed them because they had to in order to fill God's purpose. God knows what the future of those killed will be, and He knows that He is going to give those people an infinitely better blessing than the meaningless life that they lived.

Think about it really hard, what does it matter if we die at seven years old, 25 years old, or 90 years old? Does it really matter how we die? Whether we suffer through cancer or we're stabbed through the heart, what difference does it make? When we are dead and are longer conscious, why will we care? Our brain doesn't work anymore because the Scriptures say:

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten." Ecclesiastes 9:5

Our next waking moment is judgment, where

"Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE;
Every man's work shall be made MANIFEST: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be REVEALED by FIRE; and the FIRE shall TRY every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be SAVED; yet so as by FIRE." 1 Corinthians 3:12

God's Spiritual Lake of Fire will try us and test us, and then all people will know the Truth.

"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the INHABITANTS of the world will LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS." Isaiah 26:9

"For this is GOOD and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who WILL have ALL men to be SAVED, and to COME unto the KNOWLEDGE of the TRUTH.
For there is ONE God, and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in DUE TIME." 1 Timothy 2:3

Paul doesn't tell Timothy that God "hopes and wishes" that ALL men will know Him; he says with complete confidence that God WILL have all men to have the knowledge of the Truth.

Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of the worship God requires from us believers. Yeshua says if we love Him, we will follow His commandments. Loving everyone, never judging, and giving all that we have is how we worship God. We are by no means perfect at these things, but we struggle to learnt them because we know that God's way is so much better than ours.

It is true that many great Evils were ascribed to Job. So, what happened at the end of Job? The Evil experiences humble Job, just as the Scriptures say it does. This Causes Job to repent and to remember that he knows nothing and that God does all that He desires. When Job is at his lowest, God blesses him and replaces everything that was taken ten fold. Perhaps you don't think this reward was good enough for the brief few years that Job had to suffer, but as far as Job's personal preferences went, he was very happy and grateful for his reward. He first realized that God didn't owe him anything, and then God gives him everything.

Everything is meaningless my friend. Please tell me one thing that I can do that will remain with me forever? I raise my children and give them everything, then I die, where I neither remember them nor am I able to care what they are doing. They raise their children for generation after generation, and who's to say my great great grandchild will not be a fool and lose everything that I worked for. So why should I even care? The things I hope to give to my children, and the things that I desire are much deeper and more satisfying than any material object. I do love my children very much, and I teach them as much as I can because I want them to have joy and be contempt all the days of their short lives. But I, like the Roman peasant farmer in 218 B.C., will die, decompose, and return to dust.


http://www.theheraldofgodsgrace.org...

I see you also enjoy conspiracy theories. I used to enjoy studying luciferianism, the illuminati, pagan myths, and government secrets, until it sent me down the dark path of believing Satan was in control. The conspiracy is much bigger than it appears, and it has been going on since the beginning. But God is in complete control, so there is nothing to fear. I would love to discuss these things as a side issue if you'd like to message me. I hope I covered everything, but please feel free t

Fundamentalist claptrap. Hogwash.

Absurd and cruel apologetics.

You are hopelessly brainwashed, my friend.

You overly long and devoid-of-all-logic post basically only served to say that you condone and even admire all of the mass murder that Yah-Yah committed in the Old Testament.

And do yourself a huge favor and do not ever suggest any biblical writings for me to read. I am well-versed in the subject. I know all about you people. Hence, my loathing for your and your dogma.

Here ya go. It appears you are such a mindless fan of Yah-Yah's wanton blood-lust that you' probably wet yourself when you read some of these gems........

http://www.evilbible.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 12:44:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The bible is full of absolute filth, violence, incest, prostitution and even murder. If Christian parents actually read the bible instead of hearing selected sanitized verses from their pastors, they would have the bible banned from public readings.
anonymouswho
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:20:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:44:18 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:33:18 AM, anonymouswho wrote:
At 7/7/2015 5:44:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/6/2015 2:51:17 PM, anonymouswho wrote:
I know you have a problem with all the violence of the Old Covenant, but what does it matter if one dies this way and another that way? We all die and leave this meaningless world, and if God is going to bring us ALL back to life, then what does any of it matter? Thank you friend.

This is exactly the kind of deranged sickness religion teaches people, that life is completely irrelevant and meaningless and that violence is perfectly acceptable.

Hello DanneJeRusse, I was wondering if you could please provide meaning for our lives. What exactly can I do that will always remain with me? When I die, I won't remember nor care about anything because I won't have the ability to do so. Just as I was meaningless before I was born, I will likewise be meaningless when I die. What exactly can I do to change this vanity?

Stop believing in the insanity of the Bible. Then, you might just understand how precious life is and how you too can find meaning. Currently, with your religious beliefs, that will never happen.

Get an education?

That would help, too.

Every bit of worldly knowledge will change in the next 20 years, and it will continue changing long after I am dead.

Wrong.

So everything I thought I knew, will be ignorance in the eyes of them after us, and yet I will be dead and not care.

Then, remain stupid and ignorant if that's what want.

Should I get a good job and work hard all the days of my life to make lots of money? For what? So that I can enjoy a grand life of many possessions, all of which will eventually amount to nothing after I am dead. Perhaps my great great grandchildren will place everything I've worked for into gambling, and lose it all. But why will I care? I will be dead.

What does that have to do with anything? We're not talking about money, we're talking about how your religion destroys the human mind.

Should I sit around on DDO telling people how stupid they are every second of my life until I finally drift off into the utter darkness of death?

Should I work out and take vitamins so that I can live long enough for the technology singularity, and then Google can give me a brand new, cold, hard metal body? Who's to say I won't get hit by a truck or shot in the head before this day ends?

Religion does the exact opposite of what you say. Religion tells us that there is a way to bring meaning to our lives, that we should "win souls for Jesus" because our purpose is to save people from some God ordained eternal torture chamber by appealing to their free will. The Scriptures tell us that life is meaningless, because it is True, and the Scriptures are always True. We are like the grass, a vapor that is here for a little while and then vanishes away. It's been that way since the beginning and it will continue to be that way until God reconciles the world back to Himself.

Yes, that is exactly the insanity you need to get rid of as it has clearly deranged and sickened your mind into believing life is meaningless, and you will never understand until you rid yourself of that insanity.

Thank you my friend.

I'm sorry friend, I fail to see anywhere on here where you provided me one thing that could bring meaning and purpose to my life. You should read Ecclesiastes. Richard Dawkins loves Ecclesiastes. He said:

"My favorite book is Ecclesiastes. It's wonderful poetry in 17th century English, and I'm told it's very good in the Hebrew. 'Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.' The Song of Songs is terrific, and it's more bawdy in the Hebrew, almost a drinking song," Dawkins said of his favorite parts of the Bible."

Check it out, it's in that Bible between Proverbs and Song of Songs. Check out Proverbs while you're at it. Another excellent read. And when you find the purpose of life, please let me know. Thank you my friend.
Serato
Posts: 743
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:33:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 12:44:11 PM, Harikrish wrote:
The bible is full of absolute filth, violence, incest, prostitution and even murder. If Christian parents actually read the bible instead of hearing selected sanitized verses from their pastors, they would have the bible banned from public readings.

You can believe that if you want, but it doesn't mean anything you've said is actually true.
Shield
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:33:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
From what I've gathered:

1) God created angels
2) Angels do nothing but obey God
3) God created humans
4) God ordered the angels to bow to the humans
5) One angel, Lucifer, did not bow.
6) God must have ordered Lucifer to not bow.
7) Everything that Lucifer does afterwards is as well by order of God.

Therefore, God plays both sides, preposedly in order to achieve some agenda.
The proudest moment of my life was when i traveled a thousand miles for love and brought that love back with me those same thousand miles. Nothing that has ever happened, nor ever will, will ever take that pride away from my heart.
Shield
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:34:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/5/2015 5:39:12 PM, smelisox wrote:
Did no one else get that while reading the bible? The evil d-ckhead is Lucifer, Satan is pretty cool.

God tortures Job because he made a bet with Satan, and he pretty much all but high fives Satan in that part.
The proudest moment of my life was when i traveled a thousand miles for love and brought that love back with me those same thousand miles. Nothing that has ever happened, nor ever will, will ever take that pride away from my heart.