Jump to topic:

If evolution was proven

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 5:53:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Would you theists hang yourselves? I mean it would pretty much invalidate your whole religion.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 5:59:23 AM
At 7/6/2015 5:53:16 AM, smelisox wrote:
Would you theists hang yourselves? I mean it would pretty much invalidate your whole religion.

I don't think it would invalidate their religion. Most theists believe in evolution. I think the only way to invalidate religion is to prove God doesn't exist, or to refute all their arguments for it.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 5:59:49 AM

Oh, and evolution *is* proven
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 6:01:10 AM
At 7/6/2015 5:59:49 AM, tejretics wrote:

I only consider something to be proven when everyone believes it (barring mentally disturbed people obviously). Everyone believes the Earth is round (except insane people), so we can say the Earth is round.

People still believe evolution isn't true, and if they're not convinced wouldn't that entail that there's not enough proof?
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 6:02:19 AM
At 7/6/2015 6:01:10 AM, smelisox wrote:

I only consider something to be proven when everyone believes it (barring mentally disturbed people obviously). Everyone believes the Earth is round (except insane people), so we can say the Earth is round.

People still believe evolution isn't true, and if they're not convinced wouldn't that entail that there's not enough proof?

By that I mean totally proven, obviously. But it's sad to say a lot of the things we take for granted as true are lies. Do you know the UK TV show QI with Stephen Fry? He presents strange and wonderful facts... 8 out of 10 of his facts are proven false a few years after the episode.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 6:02:26 AM

Not necessarily. Belief =/= proof. Most people believe in God--does that mean it's true? Evolution is proven, whether or not people deny it.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 6:05:46 AM
At 7/6/2015 6:02:26 AM, tejretics wrote:

Not necessarily. Belief =/= proof. Most people believe in God--does that mean it's true? Evolution is proven, whether or not people deny it.

But if a single person DOESN'T believe in evolution, then that means a MAJORITY of people believe it. Which means there are two sides to it.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 6:07:32 AM

Maybe, maybe not, depends on the details of the religion in question.

YOu see the great thing about God is that you can make it compatible with anything.

If aliens exist..........ahhh another wonderous work of Gods miracle creation.

If aliens dont exist................see humans soley made in the image of God, praise the Lord.

Evolution.................well that's just how God decided to create things, how great is our God, how wise is his ways !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 6:11:05 AM
Why did God make some people handicapped? He's a bit of an arsehole in that case.

And a cripple, since he made us in his image.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:17:24 AM
At 7/6/2015 6:11:05 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why did God make some people handicapped? He's a bit of an arsehole in that case.

Try to remember, or at least keep your stories straight because you don't believe a deity actually exists. You believe in Lucifer and you believe in Satan and an eternal afterlife that somehow just began with man evolving from a rock to mineral to fish to reptile to on and on to a monkey falling from a tree, but how can you not see the eternal essence of you existed prior to these lies is beyond me.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:18:10 AM

As a Catholic, my religion would not be diminished in the least.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:22:41 AM

A result of Adam and Eve sinning, not God's plan
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:41:26 AM
At 7/6/2015 8:18:10 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Actually it would diminish the Catholic religion because Catholics believe in the Bible. The Bible is not compatible with evolution. The Pope feels suspiciously comfortable merging two incompatible philosophies together that helps restrain the authority and credibility of God, but the Pope is a masonic Satanist so it stands his deception is only natural to furthering the agenda of disinformation.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:49:50 AM
At 7/6/2015 8:41:26 AM, Serato wrote:

Actually it would diminish the Catholic religion because Catholics believe in the Bible. The Bible is not compatible with evolution. The Pope feels suspiciously comfortable merging two incompatible philosophies together that helps restrain the authority and credibility of God, but the Pope is a masonic Satanist so it stands his deception is only natural to furthering the agenda of disinformation.

The Bible was not written to be a science book, so it can't possibly be in conflict.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:59:12 AM
At 7/6/2015 8:49:50 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

The Bible was not written to be a science book, so it can't possibly be in conflict.

While it is true that the Bible is not a science book, it is still a book that is scientifically accurate. For example, if Eve were fashioned from the rib of Adam, would this not be a gross confliction to evolution?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:59:47 AM
At 7/6/2015 8:22:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Can a new born baby sin?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 9:38:40 AM
At 7/6/2015 8:17:24 AM, Serato wrote:

Try to remember, or at least keep your stories straight because you don't believe a deity actually exists. You believe in Lucifer and you believe in Satan and an eternal afterlife that somehow just began with man evolving from a rock to mineral to fish to reptile to on and on to a monkey falling from a tree, but how can you not see the eternal essence of you existed prior to these lies is beyond me.

I don't believe in Satan or Lucifer. Nor do I believe in an eternal afterlife.

Besides, I was not those things, our ancestors were. Are you your father? Do you have his recollections? If not, you don't exist, and your lies are beyond me. You are not your father's son.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 9:41:21 AM
At 7/6/2015 8:59:12 AM, Serato wrote:

While it is true that the Bible is not a science book, it is still a book that is scientifically accurate. For example, if Eve were fashioned from the rib of Adam, would this not be a gross confliction to evolution?

If a story claims a woman was created from the rib of a man, would this not be an obvious fairy tale? Scientifically accurate, indeed. LOL.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 9:44:09 AM

If someone creates a plan and the plan fails, does that not mean the person failed in delivering a plan?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 9:47:17 AM

Unless, of course, if the claims made in the Bible conflict with scientific discoveries. And, we do indeed see some folks who deny such discoveries in favor of biblical claims.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:02:53 AM

It would be in conflict, but I would assert that the author of Genesis was not trying to be literal there.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:05:04 AM
At 7/6/2015 8:59:47 AM, bulproof wrote:

Can a new born baby sin?

No, but now I have a question. How do you imagine that question is relevant to what I was saying?
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:06:44 AM
At 7/6/2015 9:44:09 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

If someone creates a plan and the plan fails, does that not mean the person failed in delivering a plan?

Not if the plan involved free will of the participants. In that case, it was a success.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:08:31 AM
At 7/6/2015 9:47:17 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Unless, of course, if the claims made in the Bible conflict with scientific discoveries. And, we do indeed see some folks who deny such discoveries in favor of biblical claims.

Well, then that's the fault of those people, not the Bible.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:14:35 AM
At 7/6/2015 10:05:04 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/6/2015 8:59:47 AM, bulproof wrote:

Can a new born baby sin?

No, but now I have a question. How do you imagine that question is relevant to what I was saying?

Why can't a new born sin?
Because it doesn't know right from wrong perhaps?
In fact if a child is never taught right from wrong, can it sin?
If a child is never taught obedience, can it disobey?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:23:18 AM

Why? The agency that God uses to enact His will is His choice.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:29:59 AM
At 7/6/2015 10:06:44 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/6/2015 9:44:09 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Not if the plan involved free will of the participants. In that case, it was a success.

But, you just said that is not God's plan??? Adam and Eve used their free will, hence the plan failed for God.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:31:14 AM
At 7/6/2015 10:08:31 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/6/2015 9:47:17 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Well, then that's the fault of those people, not the Bible.

But, they're basing it on the Bible, so how can it not be the Bible's fault in the first place?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:32:22 AM
At 7/6/2015 10:02:53 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

It would be in conflict, but I would assert that the author of Genesis was not trying to be literal there.

Okay, can we therefore assume nothing is literal in the Bible?
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:42:33 AM
At 7/6/2015 10:32:22 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/6/2015 10:02:53 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Okay, can we therefore assume nothing is literal in the Bible?

Yes.