Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

The Religious Ego

smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:10:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Most religious people here seem have massive egos, and often answer any question or rebuttal with "I know this since I know the truth. Maybe one day you will know the truth."

If only you know the truth, then it's not very interesting is it? Do tell us the truth.
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:22:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
God realization is not something that can be taught, it is only revealed by the grace of God.

God can only be expressed indirectly.

God is what is ultimately real, independent of human bias.

An atheist is someone who doesn't understand what the concept is supposed to represent. When you understand what the concept represents, it is the only thing you can be 100% certain of from an epistemological standpoint. That said, it can never fully be grasped and understood. It can never be adequately expressed. How absurd it is to express the uncreated through the means of creation!

Yet, it is the most real, and once realized, grants a peace that surpasses all understanding.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Dogknox
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:25:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:22:36 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
God realization is not something that can be taught, it is only revealed by the grace of God.

God can only be expressed indirectly.

God is what is ultimately real, independent of human bias.

An atheist is someone who doesn't understand what the concept is supposed to represent. When you understand what the concept represents, it is the only thing you can be 100% certain of from an epistemological standpoint. That said, it can never fully be grasped and understood. It can never be adequately expressed. How absurd it is to express the uncreated through the means of creation!

Yet, it is the most real, and once realized, grants a peace that surpasses all understanding.

UniversalTheologian Good to meet you..

I reply: Well said!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:55:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:22:36 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
God realization is not something that can be taught, it is only revealed by the grace of God.

God can only be expressed indirectly.

God is what is ultimately real, independent of human bias.

An atheist is someone who doesn't understand what the concept is supposed to represent. When you understand what the concept represents, it is the only thing you can be 100% certain of from an epistemological standpoint. That said, it can never fully be grasped and understood. It can never be adequately expressed. How absurd it is to express the uncreated through the means of creation!

Yet, it is the most real, and once realized, grants a peace that surpasses all understanding.

You present nothing but fallacies and assertions, hence there's nothing to understand. You simply claim God exists and then proceed to say that can't be fully grasped.

It's nonsense.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Dogknox
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:01:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:22:36 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
God realization is not something that can be taught, it is only revealed by the grace of God.

God can only be expressed indirectly.

God is what is ultimately real, independent of human bias.

An atheist is someone who doesn't understand what the concept is supposed to represent. When you understand what the concept represents, it is the only thing you can be 100% certain of from an epistemological standpoint. That said, it can never fully be grasped and understood. It can never be adequately expressed. How absurd it is to express the uncreated through the means of creation!

Yet, it is the most real, and once realized, grants a peace that surpasses all understanding.

UniversalTheologian It's the "SUPERNATURAL" !!!
Lower based peoples only live in the natural.. What they see is all they will accept! These people are very easy to control, closed minded!

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 2:36:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:55:59 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
You present nothing but fallacies and assertions, hence there's nothing to understand. You simply claim God exists and then proceed to say that can't be fully grasped.

It's nonsense.

I am defining words for you, but you keep insisting on adding to my definitions.

As long as you keep doing this, you are never going to understand what it is I'm saying.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Dogknox
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 2:54:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:55:59 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:22:36 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
God realization is not something that can be taught, it is only revealed by the grace of God.

God can only be expressed indirectly.

God is what is ultimately real, independent of human bias.

An atheist is someone who doesn't understand what the concept is supposed to represent. When you understand what the concept represents, it is the only thing you can be 100% certain of from an epistemological standpoint. That said, it can never fully be grasped and understood. It can never be adequately expressed. How absurd it is to express the uncreated through the means of creation!

Yet, it is the most real, and once realized, grants a peace that surpasses all understanding.

You present nothing but fallacies and assertions, hence there's nothing to understand. You simply claim God exists and then proceed to say that can't be fully grasped.

It's nonsense.

DanneJeRusseGod exists in the "SUPERNATURAL" !!!
Lower based peoples only live in the natural.. What they see is all they will accept! These people are very easy to control, closed minded!

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us

DanneJeRusse Spirits are part of the "Supper Natural"!
God is "Spirit"!
Sharku
Posts: 96
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 3:04:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Because it's like trying to explain love to someone who's never experienced it. Love objectively exists, but we can provide no solid evidence of it.

People that have fallen madly in love know it's real, and don't have any way of proving that it is. People that have never fallen madly in love can't possibly understand it. Just like people who have decided love isn't real and doesn't really exist, don't have anyway of proving it either.

In short, people get frustrated trying to explain color to the color blind on both sides of the issue because they both know they are right.

Or maybe people just put too much stock into an internet argument and allow their self worth to be defined by the outcome.
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 3:12:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:01:07 AM, Dogknox wrote:
UniversalTheologian It's the "SUPERNATURAL" !!!
Lower based peoples only live in the natural.. What they see is all they will accept! These people are very easy to control, closed minded!

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us

I thank God for the cloud of witnesses who testify of The Universal Truth of God's Salvation. Truly, the shamans who define our language control our world. There is a lot of magic going on to make what should be clear and lucid unintelligible and cryptic. Even these things are spoken of in prophecy. The Great Deceiver is ruler of this world.

Yet, as it is written...

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away."

Without love, the casting out of demons is not possible. Oh how pride comes before a fall! How God humbles the haughty! A man can plant a seed, but no amount of pulling on the sprout will make it grow. God makes the plant grow, it is not by our own efforts. Sometimes, tilling the ground is part of planting a seed.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 3:29:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 1:10:40 AM, smelisox wrote:
Most religious people here seem have massive egos, and often answer any question or rebuttal with "I know this since I know the truth. Maybe one day you will know the truth."

If only you know the truth, then it's not very interesting is it? Do tell us the truth.

I'm sorry to say that The Truth can't be communicated, but it comes down to this..

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God".

Your love for Truth must be such a single minded focus that you will not let anything get in the way of it. If you love the things of this world, this world of creation, it is like a form of bribery.

Hear the truth in this, that the attachments we have effect our ability to practice proper discernment. If you seek, you will find. If you knock, the door will be answered. Just remember, Sincerity of Faith is the Holy Spirit that leads into All Truth. The Truth will set you free, but if you are lying to yourself, how can you possibly get closer to the truth! Examine yourself, and see how you lie to yourself. We do not always know how we lie to ourselves, but finding out how we are doing so is integral to The Revelation of Truth.

If It was something that could be communicated, it would be a lot easier, but these are just the way things are, and there is nothing that can be done to change it.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 3:54:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
it seems that most are saying that their versions of make believe and pretend realities are better then the make believe and pretend realities of others.

The immature at thought want to believe that if others will join in with them on their version of reality that ALL will be happy in the END.

I don't ask others to be like me and follow my ways as I KNOW that there are those of the MANY and those of the FEW. There is a reason for that MATHS and why it doesn't change anymore then the seasons of the weather.

SUPERSTITION and what it breeds and grows is what makes up the BIG SHOW.

Just WHAT is a EGO?

WHO invented and MADE UP the word and descriptions?

Did they have BIG EGO's or smaller ones? \\Maybe NO EGO at all?

You of the many can't UNDERSTAND those of the FEW because the WORDS and DESCRIPTIONS for doing so do not EXIST in the normal earthly world.

The words and definitions that we do have are PURPOSELY created to be VAGUE and SUBJECTIVE.

That is why there are LEGAL LAW dictionaries that are a little bit more CLEAR on the meaning of words, BUT the final CHOICE and decision is made by a PAID & politically endorsed representative. That is where the different CLASSES of people comes in.

Those with Royalitis
Those that want Royalitis even tho they claim they don't

and those that are not interested in chasing the royal high society crap at all, not even in their private & personal dreams and goals.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DutifulCynic
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 4:02:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is natural for a human being to seek dominance superiority over another group of people. As Christians and the religious are in the extreme majority in most countries, a small,usually vilified community makes an easy target. Same reason poor white southerners hated blacks, because they were the only people in the totem pole they were higher than.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:36:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 2:36:13 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/7/2015 10:55:59 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
You present nothing but fallacies and assertions, hence there's nothing to understand. You simply claim God exists and then proceed to say that can't be fully grasped.

It's nonsense.

I am defining words for you, but you keep insisting on adding to my definitions.

Sorry, YOU are defining words? What's wrong with their common definitions? I

As long as you keep doing this, you are never going to understand what it is I'm saying.

If you keep redefining words, no one is going to understand you.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:45:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 1:10:40 AM, smelisox wrote:
Most religious people here seem have massive egos, and often answer any question or rebuttal with "I know this since I know the truth. Maybe one day you will know the truth."

If only you know the truth, then it's not very interesting is it? Do tell us the truth.

Your point has been demonstrated without any effort needed on your part.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:20:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 3:12:53 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:01:07 AM, Dogknox wrote:
UniversalTheologian It's the "SUPERNATURAL" !!!
Lower based peoples only live in the natural.. What they see is all they will accept! These people are very easy to control, closed minded!

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us

I thank God for the cloud of witnesses who testify of The Universal Truth of God's Salvation. Truly, the shamans who define our language control our world. There is a lot of magic going on to make what should be clear and lucid unintelligible and cryptic. Even these things are spoken of in prophecy. The Great Deceiver is ruler of this world.

Yet, as it is written...

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away."

Without love, the casting out of demons is not possible. Oh how pride comes before a fall! How God humbles the haughty! A man can plant a seed, but no amount of pulling on the sprout will make it grow. God makes the plant grow, it is not by our own efforts. Sometimes, tilling the ground is part of planting a seed.

UniversalTheologian Scripture prophesy is ripe with the coming scandals.

*2 Peter 2:1 is a PROPHESY warning of the great protest.
Martin Luther was a Catholic Priest.. He was AMONG Christians!!! Catholic' were NOT "AMONG" Martin Luther!!! This Prophesy can only work in one direction.. Luther was "AMONG" Catholics!

*But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them"bringing swift destruction on themselves.

This PROPHESY tells us.. "Martin Luther is a "'False Teacher!"'
false teachers among you

UniversalTheologian This scripture Prophesy PROVES the Catholic Church is "the Way Of Truth"! (verse 2)

2 Peter 2:2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

It also Proves... All the De-Formers, those with roots back to Martin Luther are NOT in the Way Of Truth!
All with rootsd to the great protest MUST reject the scriptures, to start part of the protest. They >MUST< reject 2 Peter 2 1-2 or they would have to admit, the Catholic Church is the truth!
annanicole
Posts: 19,790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:22:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:20:17 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/7/2015 3:12:53 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:01:07 AM, Dogknox wrote:
UniversalTheologian It's the "SUPERNATURAL" !!!
Lower based peoples only live in the natural.. What they see is all they will accept! These people are very easy to control, closed minded!

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us

I thank God for the cloud of witnesses who testify of The Universal Truth of God's Salvation. Truly, the shamans who define our language control our world. There is a lot of magic going on to make what should be clear and lucid unintelligible and cryptic. Even these things are spoken of in prophecy. The Great Deceiver is ruler of this world.

Yet, as it is written...

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away."

Without love, the casting out of demons is not possible. Oh how pride comes before a fall! How God humbles the haughty! A man can plant a seed, but no amount of pulling on the sprout will make it grow. God makes the plant grow, it is not by our own efforts. Sometimes, tilling the ground is part of planting a seed.

UniversalTheologian Scripture prophesy is ripe with the coming scandals.

*2 Peter 2:1 is a PROPHESY warning of the great protest.
Martin Luther was a Catholic Priest.. He was AMONG Christians!!! Catholic' were NOT "AMONG" Martin Luther!!! This Prophesy can only work in one direction.. Luther was "AMONG" Catholics!

*But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them"bringing swift destruction on themselves.

This PROPHESY tells us.. "Martin Luther is a "'False Teacher!"'
false teachers among you

UniversalTheologian This scripture Prophesy PROVES the Catholic Church is "the Way Of Truth"! (verse 2)

2 Peter 2:2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

It also Proves... All the De-Formers, those with roots back to Martin Luther are NOT in the Way Of Truth!
All with rootsd to the great protest MUST reject the scriptures, to start part of the protest. They >MUST< reject 2 Peter 2 1-2 or they would have to admit, the Catholic Church is the truth!

LMAO @ trying to say that Paul and Peter peered 1,500 years down the road. No, the apostasy to which they referred was a little closer to home.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:33:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 6:36:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Sorry, YOU are defining words? What's wrong with their common definitions? I

As long as you keep doing this, you are never going to understand what it is I'm saying.

If you keep redefining words, no one is going to understand you.

My aim here is not to confound, quite the contrary, but to till and fertilize the soil in order that the seeds planted in it are able to grow and bear good fruit.

If nothing else, to render transparent the window that was once obscured by dust.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:35:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:55:59 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:22:36 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
God realization is not something that can be taught, it is only revealed by the grace of God.

God can only be expressed indirectly.

God is what is ultimately real, independent of human bias.

An atheist is someone who doesn't understand what the concept is supposed to represent. When you understand what the concept represents, it is the only thing you can be 100% certain of from an epistemological standpoint. That said, it can never fully be grasped and understood. It can never be adequately expressed. How absurd it is to express the uncreated through the means of creation!

Yet, it is the most real, and once realized, grants a peace that surpasses all understanding.

You present nothing but fallacies and assertions, hence there's nothing to understand. You simply claim God exists and then proceed to say that can't be fully grasped.

It's nonsense.

Informal fallacies do not automatically make a statement false.

Assertions are not bad things, they are how people debate. (maybe you meant bare assertion)

The knowledge of something existing does not imbue complete understanding of an entity.

It is you speaking nonsense.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:47:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:55:59 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:22:36 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
God realization is not something that can be taught, it is only revealed by the grace of God.

God can only be expressed indirectly.

God is what is ultimately real, independent of human bias.

An atheist is someone who doesn't understand what the concept is supposed to represent. When you understand what the concept represents, it is the only thing you can be 100% certain of from an epistemological standpoint. That said, it can never fully be grasped and understood. It can never be adequately expressed. How absurd it is to express the uncreated through the means of creation!

Yet, it is the most real, and once realized, grants a peace that surpasses all understanding.

You present nothing but fallacies and assertions, hence there's nothing to understand. You simply claim God exists and then proceed to say that can't be fully grasped.

It's nonsense.

Actually man Christians are able to give detailed accounts of how they perceive and "grasp" God. And what is wrong with assertions? Everything you or anybody else EVER says is an assertion of sorts.

Just because you may not have a grasp of God does not mean others do not. They do.

The Problem often lies in the fact that, like any sort of Spiritual or Transcending Experience, sometimes mere words fall woefully short in relating it. It is like, say, a physicist tried to explain QM to somebody who does not get it. A layman (Like yourself). Just because it is a very tricky and nebulous--but alas, TRUE--subject and thus difficult to relate, does that by proxy make it a falsity?

I think not.

Does
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:50:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 1:10:40 AM, smelisox wrote:
Most religious people here seem have massive egos, and often answer any question or rebuttal with "I know this since I know the truth. Maybe one day you will know the truth."

If only you know the truth, then it's not very interesting is it? Do tell us the truth.

Yes...I have found that your assertion here is correct. Many Christians do posses large egos.

Then again, so do many Atheists and Agnostics.

It is not the fault of God that they do. it is rather part of the human condition.

I agree it can be frustrating in dealing with people like that. But it is a case when the best thing you can ask yourself is "WWJD?" This is far more effective in understanding their point and not getting angry, which only acts as a barrier to effective communication.

Peace.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 1:28:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What would Jesus do? Force people to follow his ways and hate or curse people who don't agree.

Sounds suspiciously like someone the West hates...

Also, he repeatedly said it was the end of the world (suspicious that it hasn't ended in 2000 years. He also reccomends self abuse, like gouging ones eyes and cutting off one's limbs if they "get between them and heaven". Jesus loves eunuchs since they disfigure themselves with castration just to go to heaven.

He also, amongst other extremist beliefs, promotes domestic abuse, rape and paedophilia. Next time you're about to beat your wife/other woman/man, think what Jesus said. "Do not resist an evil person." Oh good, hopefully the judge will be a christian and will know that Jesus told your wife not to resist or say no.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 7:57:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 1:28:53 AM, smelisox wrote:
What would Jesus do? Force people to follow his ways and hate or curse people who don't agree.

LOL! yeah that sounds like what Jesus did.... or maybe...it was the other way around, not surprising though how you guys get everything backwards. Who was it that was hating again? the Pharisees? oh yes and who was it that was doing the cursing again? oh yes, I'm sure it was the one who got crucified and murdered.... nice try son, here you say one thing and then you contradict yourself in your last paragraph below, which is it then? did Jesus force anyone or did He promote "domestic abuse" by saying "do not resist an evil person" ?? which BTW is a misquote.

Sounds suspiciously like someone the West hates...

Also, he repeatedly said it was the end of the world (suspicious that it hasn't ended in 2000 years. He also reccomends self abuse, like gouging ones eyes and cutting off one's limbs if they "get between them and heaven". Jesus loves eunuchs since they disfigure themselves with castration just to go to heaven.

He alluded to the end of the world (which will happen at some point one way or another), we are all still arguing over when it was or is to be.

Typical hyper literalism here with the self mutilation, I shouldn't even justify a response but just in case you are that ignorant.... that is not what the message is.
It's a principle about removing that which is a barrier, removing that which has become a spiritual obstacle.
Jesus always explains spiritual principles using analogies. In other words stop lying by discontinuing to do so, stop stealing by stopping the action and the thoughts to do so, because it is better for you to stop than to be accountable to God for evil.

He also, amongst other extremist beliefs, promotes domestic abuse, rape and paedophilia. Next time you're about to beat your wife/other woman/man, think what Jesus said. "Do not resist an evil person." Oh good, hopefully the judge will be a christian and will know that Jesus told your wife not to resist or say no.

Yes and again you miss the fundamental principle of love over hate, to love even when hated, to love your enemy knowing two wrongs do not make a right. Love always has more power than hate, even when it looks like hate may prevail it is only an illusion, love conquers all and when you have knowledge of the spirit you know even more how important and powerful of a force it is.

This is not a promotion for people to abuse one another goofy, it is a simple principle that attempts to stretch our capabilities and our compassion, it is a call to higher standards.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:56:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:22:51 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:20:17 PM, Dogknox wrote:

UniversalTheologian Scripture prophesy is ripe with the coming scandals.

*2 Peter 2:1 is a PROPHESY warning of the great protest.
Martin Luther was a Catholic Priest.. He was AMONG Christians!!! Catholic' were NOT "AMONG" Martin Luther!!! This Prophesy can only work in one direction.. Luther was "AMONG" Catholics!

*But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them"bringing swift destruction on themselves.

This PROPHESY tells us.. "Martin Luther is a "'False Teacher!"'
false teachers among you

UniversalTheologian This scripture Prophesy PROVES the Catholic Church is "the Way Of Truth"! (verse 2)

2 Peter 2:2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

It also Proves... All the De-Formers, those with roots back to Martin Luther are NOT in the Way Of Truth!
All with rootsd to the great protest MUST reject the scriptures, to start part of the protest. They >MUST< reject 2 Peter 2 1-2 or they would have to admit, the Catholic Church is the truth!

LMAO @ trying to say that Paul and Peter peered 1,500 years down the road. No, the apostasy to which they referred was a little closer to home.

annanicole it makes no never mind.. What you say!!! What you say means the denying of scriptures!
Scriptures are God' words... God spoke!
God said.. "From among you will come HERETICS!" False teachers!!!

AND.. That is exactly what happened... Arius WAS a Catholic.. The Catholic Church >ALONE< defended truth from Satan!!! Satan used the scriptures.... The Body of Christ used TRADITION after alll TRADITION is what she also used to make her bible!

Satan taught... "Man does NOT need church, all man needs is, the scriptures ALONE"! Again the Holy Body Of Jesus defended the TRUTH from False teaching!
The Holy Catholic Church continues to defend truth.. Abortion the ONLY Church today publicly denying the evils it causes! Gay marriage, euthanasia, the dignity of human life, truth cannot be hidden!!!!
Satan will continue his attack the Catholic Church will stand!!!
annanicole
Posts: 19,790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 9:10:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 8:56:50 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/7/2015 8:22:51 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:20:17 PM, Dogknox wrote:

UniversalTheologian Scripture prophesy is ripe with the coming scandals.

*2 Peter 2:1 is a PROPHESY warning of the great protest.
Martin Luther was a Catholic Priest.. He was AMONG Christians!!! Catholic' were NOT "AMONG" Martin Luther!!! This Prophesy can only work in one direction.. Luther was "AMONG" Catholics!

*But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them"bringing swift destruction on themselves.

This PROPHESY tells us.. "Martin Luther is a "'False Teacher!"'
false teachers among you

UniversalTheologian This scripture Prophesy PROVES the Catholic Church is "the Way Of Truth"! (verse 2)

2 Peter 2:2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

It also Proves... All the De-Formers, those with roots back to Martin Luther are NOT in the Way Of Truth!
All with rootsd to the great protest MUST reject the scriptures, to start part of the protest. They >MUST< reject 2 Peter 2 1-2 or they would have to admit, the Catholic Church is the truth!

LMAO @ trying to say that Paul and Peter peered 1,500 years down the road. No, the apostasy to which they referred was a little closer to home.

annanicole it makes no never mind.. What you say!!! What you say means the denying of scriptures!
Scriptures are God' words... God spoke!
God said.. "From among you will come HERETICS!" False teachers!!!

... and heretics DID come from among them, not from among folks 1,500 years down the road.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."