Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Praise God ? Condemn God ?

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:27:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
For those who insist upon the existence of an all powerful, all knowing God they always sure like to praise him. BUT, does it work the other way, is God open to being condemned ?

Look at that pretty sunset, praise the Lord and his marvelous works.

Look at that earth quake that crushed that child head that God could of stop but choose not too..................well who are we to judge the almighty ?

And you see right there is the double standard. If your in no position to judge such a Gods action or non action as wrong your in no position to judge a God action or non action as being right.

So which is it, either we can judge a Gods action as right or wrong, or we can't say either way. Which is it ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:13:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
God universally is meant to represent what is ultimately real, or what is true independent of human bias.

You can praise God, you can condemn God, but the healthiest thing to do for one's own inner peace is to just accept God without judgement. Human judgement is by nature relativistic, and our desires tend to get in the way of exercising righteous discernment.

Nothing compares to God, God is incomparable, without division. Words, being created things, can not adequately express the uncreated.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:20:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:13:05 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
God universally is meant to represent what is ultimately real, or what is true independent of human bias.

The universe is what is real and it does not show any gods existence.

You can praise God, you can condemn God, but the healthiest thing to do for one's own inner peace is to just accept God without judgement.

Then, I might as well stop thinking and breathing, too, considering the evil God commits on humans.

Human judgement is by nature relativistic, and our desires tend to get in the way of exercising righteous discernment.

Baloney. It's called logic, reason and rationale.

Nothing compares to God, God is incomparable, without division. Words, being created things, can not adequately express the uncreated.

Nonsensical gibberish.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:29:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:20:42 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
The universe is what is real and it does not show any gods existence.

You have a very narrow understanding of the word.

I am telling you that the One True God universally testified in the scriptures that most religions build off of is meant to represent the concept of The Universal Truth, True and Total Objectivity.

Then, I might as well stop thinking and breathing, too, considering the evil God commits on humans.

If you are thinking that things ought to be different than what they are, you are letting your own attachment get in the way of exercising proper discernment.

Human judgement is by nature relativistic, and our desires tend to get in the way of exercising righteous discernment.

Baloney. It's called logic, reason and rationale.

Certainly, but logic built off of faulty premises will lead to faulty conclusions. We are called to reason.

Nothing compares to God, God is incomparable, without division. Words, being created things, can not adequately express the uncreated.

Nonsensical gibberish.

It is easier to scoff, mock, and dismiss than to make an attempt at reaching mutual understanding.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:58:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:29:30 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:20:42 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
The universe is what is real and it does not show any gods existence.

You have a very narrow understanding of the word.

You have a very narrow understanding of reality.

I am telling you that the One True God universally testified in the scriptures that most religions build off of is meant to represent the concept of The Universal Truth, True and Total Objectivity.

So what? You're religion was built off an older religion, Irrelevant.



Then, I might as well stop thinking and breathing, too, considering the evil God commits on humans.

If you are thinking that things ought to be different than what they are, you are letting your own attachment get in the way of exercising proper discernment.

Baloney. YOU are one who believes things should be different than what reality shows us.


Human judgement is by nature relativistic, and our desires tend to get in the way of exercising righteous discernment.

Baloney. It's called logic, reason and rationale.

Certainly, but logic built off of faulty premises will lead to faulty conclusions. We are called to reason.

Reality is not a faulty premise. You are called to delusion.

Nothing compares to God, God is incomparable, without division. Words, being created things, can not adequately express the uncreated.

Nonsensical gibberish.

It is easier to scoff, mock, and dismiss than to make an attempt at reaching mutual understanding.

You have no understanding, you admitted that yourself, you have only faith.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 2:16:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 6:27:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
For those who insist upon the existence of an all powerful, all knowing God they always sure like to praise him. BUT, does it work the other way, is God open to being condemned ?

Look at that pretty sunset, praise the Lord and his marvelous works.

Look at that earth quake that crushed that child head that God could of stop but choose not too..................well who are we to judge the almighty ?

And you see right there is the double standard. If your in no position to judge such a Gods action or non action as wrong your in no position to judge a God action or non action as being right.

So which is it, either we can judge a Gods action as right or wrong, or we can't say either way. Which is it ?

To paraphrase one of the saints, Praise be to God in health, praise be to God in sickness, praise be to God in plenty, praise be to God in want. Praise be to God always.
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 2:27:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:58:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:29:30 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:20:42 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
The universe is what is real and it does not show any gods existence.

You have a very narrow understanding of the word.

You have a very narrow understanding of reality.

It is wiser and more conducive to honest discourse to take someone's word when they tell you that they are not saying what you say they are saying.

So what? You're religion was built off an older religion, Irrelevant.

No, quite the contrary, I'm testifying to the Universal Faith. Religion as you understand it is based off of this Universal Faith, which is summed up in Sincerity of Faith and Charity.

Baloney. YOU are one who believes things should be different than what reality shows us.

You seem to assume an awful lot about what it is exactly that I believe. If you are willing to clear yourself of preconceptions, I will gladly help you to understand these things, which are not difficult.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:46:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 2:27:59 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:58:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:29:30 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:20:42 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
The universe is what is real and it does not show any gods existence.

You have a very narrow understanding of the word.

You have a very narrow understanding of reality.

It is wiser and more conducive to honest discourse to take someone's word when they tell you that they are not saying what you say they are saying.

But, if they are not saying what you say they are not saying, but are saying it anyways, is it not more conducive to say what they say they are not saying when you say the are saying it anyways?

So what? You're religion was built off an older religion, Irrelevant.

No, quite the contrary, I'm testifying to the Universal Faith.

And, that is what exactly?

Religion as you understand it is based off of this Universal Faith, which is summed up in Sincerity of Faith and Charity.

And, what is that exactly?

Baloney. YOU are one who believes things should be different than what reality shows us.

You seem to assume an awful lot about what it is exactly that I believe.

Isn't it Christianity? If so, I should know exactly what you believe.

If you are willing to clear yourself of preconceptions, I will gladly help you to understand these things, which are not difficult.

Are you saying the Bible is a book of preconceptions?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:42:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:46:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Sincere - having or showing true feelings that are expressed in an honest way: genuine or real : not false, fake, or pretended

Faith - something that is believed especially with strong conviction

Belief - conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence

Conviction - the state of being convinced of error or compelled to admit the truth. A strong persuasion.

Now contemplating the meaning of these words, Think about what it means to be justified by faith.

Salvation - liberation from ignorance or illusion. Preservation from destruction or failure. Deliverance from danger or difficulty

The name "Jesus" means, "God Saves". If God is defined as, "the Supreme or Ultimate Reality", what is meant by "God saves"?

Definitions from Merriam-Webster
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:54:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 6:27:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
For those who insist upon the existence of an all powerful, all knowing God they always sure like to praise him. BUT, does it work the other way, is God open to being condemned ?

Look at that pretty sunset, praise the Lord and his marvelous works.

Look at that earth quake that crushed that child head that God could of stop but choose not too..................well who are we to judge the almighty ?

And you see right there is the double standard. If your in no position to judge such a Gods action or non action as wrong your in no position to judge a God action or non action as being right.

So which is it, either we can judge a Gods action as right or wrong, or we can't say either way. Which is it ?

We can do both, amigo.

Take for example, somebody you love deeply. Your parents? Wife? Kids? Whatever.

Do they not at times annoy you? Anger you?

Of course they do. But you still love them and appreciate them. Right?

Thus: this is not God's fault: the fact some of us get angry at him or blame him. it is rather only a part of our flawed human condition. He gave us Free Will to do this, never forget.

And, yeah, man: go ahead and get pisssed at God. he can take it, In fact, I dare say He expects it.

Drew
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.