Total Posts:122|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Live Debate

Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:06:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Several people have challenged me to debate in the past because they believe it is a more formal setting, and though I have debated a few times in the past, now I respectfully decline debates. That is because I do not like the format of writing a lengthy reply, point by point, to everything that is stated. It is too time consuming, and drowns out other points made in the debate in my view. It is not my debate style to do so. My writing style is to keep it short, and dismissive at times.

What I consider a formal debate, is to go LIVE.

Freeconferencecall. Com

Dial in number: (712) 775-7031 If you live in the US.

Access Code 658679 followed by the # sign.

Just name the time you are ready to debate so we can be live at the same time. Then dial the dial in number, then the access number followed by the # sign. The LIVE recorded debate begins. I take ALL challengers.

If you do not live in the US, let me know what country because different countries have different dial in numbers.
Fkkize
Posts: 2,149
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:52:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:06:01 AM, Fatihah wrote:
My writing style is to keep it short, and dismissive at times.
Yes, that is why people want you to accept a formal debate. I, too, can sit around dismiss all objections and declare myself the winner. In a formal debate this would not get me very far and only a formal debate is representative of one's ability to properly argue for something.
Considering how much you insisted on being right and having shown so over the course of a 600 (!) posts heavy thread, it should be easy for you to win this.


What I consider a formal debate, is to go LIVE.

Freeconferencecall. Com

Dial in number: (712) 775-7031 If you live in the US.

Access Code 658679 followed by the # sign.

Just name the time you are ready to debate so we can be live at the same time. Then dial the dial in number, then the access number followed by the # sign. The LIVE recorded debate begins. I take ALL challengers.

If you do not live in the US, let me know what country because different countries have different dial in numbers.
Why not simply a Google Hangout?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:54:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:52:35 AM, Fkkize wrote:
At 7/7/2015 8:06:01 AM, Fatihah wrote:
My writing style is to keep it short, and dismissive at times.
Yes, that is why people want you to accept a formal debate. I, too, can sit around dismiss all objections and declare myself the winner. In a formal debate this would not get me very far and only a formal debate is representative of one's ability to properly argue for something.
Considering how much you insisted on being right and having shown so over the course of a 600 (!) posts heavy thread, it should be easy for you to win this.


What I consider a formal debate, is to go LIVE.

Freeconferencecall. Com

Dial in number: (712) 775-7031 If you live in the US.

Access Code 658679 followed by the # sign.

Just name the time you are ready to debate so we can be live at the same time. Then dial the dial in number, then the access number followed by the # sign. The LIVE recorded debate begins. I take ALL challengers.

If you do not live in the US, let me know what country because different countries have different dial in numbers.
Why not simply a Google Hangout?

Response: I don't know what is Google Hangout. I'm familiar with freeconferencecall.com
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:16:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Layme! Proper debates allow for organized presentation of thought, It also stops people from thinking they won based off asserting a point over and over.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:26:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:16:47 AM, Preston wrote:
Layme! Proper debates allow for organized presentation of thought, It also stops people from thinking they won based off asserting a point over and over.

Response: Live debate does the same and even better. Plus it shows how intellectual a person can be on the spot.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:33:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:26:32 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:16:47 AM, Preston wrote:
Layme! Proper debates allow for organized presentation of thought, It also stops people from thinking they won based off asserting a point over and over.

Response: Live debate does the same and even better. Plus it shows how intellectual a person can be on the spot.

No it doesn't, it lets people yell over each other and the loudest feels like they won, I do real debate, college debate, and real debate is organized just like formal debates on this site.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:46:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:33:16 AM, Preston wrote:

No it doesn't, it lets people yell over each other and the loudest feels like they won, I do real debate, college debate, and real debate is organized just like formal debates on this site.

Response: Yes it does. Yelling over the other shows just how ignorant and illogical a debater is in a debate. Internet debates that are said to be formal are a mockery of formality since all you are doing is posting an argument, most which are copied from Google, which is the exact same thing that is done in any forum and on a blog for people who like to hide. So there is no formality. It is a mockery.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:00:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:46:35 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:33:16 AM, Preston wrote:

No it doesn't, it lets people yell over each other and the loudest feels like they won, I do real debate, college debate, and real debate is organized just like formal debates on this site.

Response: Yes it does. Yelling over the other shows just how ignorant and illogical a debater is in a debate. Internet debates that are said to be formal are a mockery of formality since all you are doing is posting an argument, most which are copied from Google, which is the exact same thing that is done in any forum and on a blog for people who like to hide. So there is no formality. It is a mockery.

This^ is called plagiarism, just because you lack the ability to form a coherent sentence long enough to address an argument doesnt make it plagiarism. ex:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

ect.

Just because you lose doesn't mean its bad, this is logic a child uses when playing video games.

Child:This game SUCKS cause everyone is hacking and they're killing me

You: This Form of debate is bad because everyone plagiarizes off google and they beat me.

And why is this post in religion?
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:10:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:00:36 AM, Preston wrote:

This^ is called plagiarism, just because you lack the ability to form a coherent sentence long enough to address an argument doesnt make it plagiarism. ex:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

ect.

Just because you lose doesn't mean its bad, this is logic a child uses when playing video games.

Child:This game SUCKS cause everyone is hacking and they're killing me

You: This Form of debate is bad because everyone plagiarizes off google and they beat me.


And why is this post in religion?

Response: Losing is not bad. It still does not change the fact that for my personal debate style, what is considered a formal debate here is not formal and of no interest to me. I don't spend lengthy words or time on what I see to be absurd, as it drowns out other points. That is my style. And every single things done on the forum can be done in the debate section. So there is no structure or formality.

And it is in the debate forum because I debate religion, which at freeconference.com, it can ve recorded live and uploaded to the forum for feedback.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:14:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:10:19 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 10:00:36 AM, Preston wrote:

This^ is called plagiarism, just because you lack the ability to form a coherent sentence long enough to address an argument doesnt make it plagiarism. ex:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

ect.

Just because you lose doesn't mean its bad, this is logic a child uses when playing video games.

Child:This game SUCKS cause everyone is hacking and they're killing me

You: This Form of debate is bad because everyone plagiarizes off google and they beat me.


And why is this post in religion?

This is why you lose *sigh*
Response: Losing is not bad. It still does not change the fact that for my personal debate style, what is considered a formal debate here is not formal and of no interest to me.
How is it not formal? Its organized and allows for peer review. If you make assertions like this unsupported I see why you lose.
I don't spend lengthy words or time on what I see to be absurd, as it drowns out other points. That is my style. And every single things done on the forum can be done in the debate section. So there is no structure or formality.

Then take it to a debate and off the forum, you again have a really weak supporting argument. This doesn't make the debates less formal, it makes the forms casual.

And it is in the debate forum because I debate religion, which at freeconference.com, it can ve recorded live and uploaded to the forum for feedback.

But you never said what the debate was about! is it about economics? at this point it should be in the base thread because there is no topic.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:15:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:06:01 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Several people have challenged me to debate in the past because they believe it is a more formal setting, and though I have debated a few times in the past, now I respectfully decline debates. That is because I do not like the format of writing a lengthy reply, point by point, to everything that is stated. It is too time consuming, and drowns out other points made in the debate in my view. It is not my debate style to do so. My writing style is to keep it short, and dismissive at times.

Or, it's because you never won a single debate of the 6 formal debates you had showing that you're incapable of winning a formal debate.

What I consider a formal debate, is to go LIVE.

Freeconferencecall. Com

Dial in number: (712) 775-7031 If you live in the US.

Access Code 658679 followed by the # sign.

Just name the time you are ready to debate so we can be live at the same time. Then dial the dial in number, then the access number followed by the # sign. The LIVE recorded debate begins. I take ALL challengers.

If you do not live in the US, let me know what country because different countries have different dial in numbers.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Reasonslap
Posts: 221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:23:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:10:19 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 10:00:36 AM, Preston wrote:

This^ is called plagiarism, just because you lack the ability to form a coherent sentence long enough to address an argument doesnt make it plagiarism. ex:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

ect.

Just because you lose doesn't mean its bad, this is logic a child uses when playing video games.

Child:This game SUCKS cause everyone is hacking and they're killing me

You: This Form of debate is bad because everyone plagiarizes off google and they beat me.


And why is this post in religion?

Response: Losing is not bad. It still does not change the fact that for my personal debate style, what is considered a formal debate here is not formal and of no interest to me. I don't spend lengthy words or time on what I see to be absurd, as it drowns out other points. That is my style. And every single things done on the forum can be done in the debate section. So there is no structure or formality.

Well, your personal debate style does not work. You lost all of your debates, because you just use weak claims that you imagine will stump people. The only reason why you continue to lose is that you are too stubborn to admit defeat. For people looking at this, go to My gay marriage debate with this guy here in the forums.

And it is in the debate forum because I debate religion, which at freeconference.com, it can ve recorded live and uploaded to the forum for feedback.

True, but this website does it good. :D
Reasonslap
Posts: 221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:26:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 9:26:32 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:16:47 AM, Preston wrote:
Layme! Proper debates allow for organized presentation of thought, It also stops people from thinking they won based off asserting a point over and over.

Response: Live debate does the same and even better. Plus it shows how intellectual a person can be on the spot.

But you do exactly what Preston wrote. Repetition is not evidence. And what if you forget an argument on a live debate, that you would know would win that debate? YOu need time to consolidate your facts.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:34:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:26:13 AM, Reasonslap wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:26:32 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:16:47 AM, Preston wrote:
Layme! Proper debates allow for organized presentation of thought, It also stops people from thinking they won based off asserting a point over and over.

Response: Live debate does the same and even better. Plus it shows how intellectual a person can be on the spot.

But you do exactly what Preston wrote. Repetition is not evidence. And what if you forget an argument on a live debate, that you would know would win that debate? YOu need time to consolidate your facts.

Response: Then accept my challenge to Live Debate.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:36:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:34:51 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 10:26:13 AM, Reasonslap wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:26:32 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:16:47 AM, Preston wrote:
Layme! Proper debates allow for organized presentation of thought, It also stops people from thinking they won based off asserting a point over and over.

Response: Live debate does the same and even better. Plus it shows how intellectual a person can be on the spot.

But you do exactly what Preston wrote. Repetition is not evidence. And what if you forget an argument on a live debate, that you would know would win that debate? YOu need time to consolidate your facts.

Response: Then accept my challenge to Live Debate.

I would love to, but I'm @ work, and im not yelling over you on the phone... Because that is what it would become, I am the rabbit, its how it always ends up.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:40:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:36:42 AM, Preston wrote:

I would love to, but I'm @ work, and im not yelling over you on the phone... Because that is what it would become, I am the rabbit, its how it always ends up.

Response: You don't have to yell over a phone. I am not a yeller. I am very humble, which is why I prefer it. You can hang up if you like. Most people are not willing to listen because how they write comes off in ways that is offensive. My voice and speech alleviates this. I hope you accept. My interest is debating Islam, and anything related to it.
Reasonslap
Posts: 221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:55:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:34:51 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 10:26:13 AM, Reasonslap wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:26:32 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:16:47 AM, Preston wrote:
Layme! Proper debates allow for organized presentation of thought, It also stops people from thinking they won based off asserting a point over and over.

Response: Live debate does the same and even better. Plus it shows how intellectual a person can be on the spot.

But you do exactly what Preston wrote. Repetition is not evidence. And what if you forget an argument on a live debate, that you would know would win that debate? YOu need time to consolidate your facts.

Response: Then accept my challenge to Live Debate.

Why should I?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:57:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:55:02 AM, Reasonslap wrote:

Why should I?

Response: I never said you should. You claim you wanted a one on one debate.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:08:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Several people saying I dodge debating, yet all of them hide when a live debate challenge is issued. Quite telling.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:11:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:08:13 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Several people saying I dodge debating, yet all of them hide when a live debate challenge is issued. Quite telling.

Tell you what, win 1 debate with anyone who commented here, and maybe you will be worth talking to. But at this point, ill be talking on the phone with a 0% win rate individual who rants to win. Im sorry but it doesnt even seem like an enjoyable time.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:12:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 10:40:47 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 10:36:42 AM, Preston wrote:

I would love to, but I'm @ work, and im not yelling over you on the phone... Because that is what it would become, I am the rabbit, its how it always ends up.

Response: You don't have to yell over a phone. I am not a yeller. I am very humble, which is why I prefer it. You can hang up if you like. Most people are not willing to listen because how they write comes off in ways that is offensive. My voice and speech alleviates this. I hope you accept. My interest is debating Islam, and anything related to it.

I am at work, in an office building, waiting for a meeting, not only is is it silent, but im not interested in debating someone who wins through assertion.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:12:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:11:16 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:08:13 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Several people saying I dodge debating, yet all of them hide when a live debate challenge is issued. Quite telling.

Tell you what, win 1 debate with anyone who commented here, and maybe you will be worth talking to. But at this point, ill be talking on the phone with a 0% win rate individual who rants to win. Im sorry but it doesnt even seem like an enjoyable time.

Response: In other words, you a fearful of being exposed as well. Thanks for the clarification.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:14:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:12:43 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:11:16 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:08:13 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Several people saying I dodge debating, yet all of them hide when a live debate challenge is issued. Quite telling.

Tell you what, win 1 debate with anyone who commented here, and maybe you will be worth talking to. But at this point, ill be talking on the phone with a 0% win rate individual who rants to win. Im sorry but it doesnt even seem like an enjoyable time.

Response: In other words, you a fearful of being exposed as well. Thanks for the clarification.

Your taunting is cute, especially since you're the furthest thing from a threat, start a hang out and ill live chat. But im not calling some randie number while im @ work.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:14:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:12:21 AM, Preston wrote:

I am at work, in an office building, waiting for a meeting, not only is is it silent, but im not interested in debating someone who wins through assertion.

Response: Which means you are interested only in debates in which you assume you won based on popularity, instead of facts. Thanks for the confirmation.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:16:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:14:09 AM, Preston wrote:

Your taunting is cute, especially since you're the furthest thing from a threat, start a hang out and ill live chat. But im not calling some randie number while im @ work.

Response: And yet we see you dodging. There is nothing wrong with being fearful. It happens to the best of us.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:16:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:14:39 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:12:21 AM, Preston wrote:

I am at work, in an office building, waiting for a meeting, not only is is it silent, but im not interested in debating someone who wins through assertion.

Response: Which means you are interested only in debates in which you assume you won based on popularity, instead of facts. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yea, because my first debate, was totally on popularity ;) nice try.

Also, humility? yea that isnt you, by claiming humility you void yourself of being humble by definition.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:17:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:16:18 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:14:09 AM, Preston wrote:

Your taunting is cute, especially since you're the furthest thing from a threat, start a hang out and ill live chat. But im not calling some randie number while im @ work.

Response: And yet we see you dodging. There is nothing wrong with being fearful. It happens to the best of us.

Challenge me to a debate, or are you fearful that you cannot win an organized debate?
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:19:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:16:42 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:14:39 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:12:21 AM, Preston wrote:

I am at work, in an office building, waiting for a meeting, not only is is it silent, but im not interested in debating someone who wins through assertion.

Response: Which means you are interested only in debates in which you assume you won based on popularity, instead of facts. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yea, because my first debate, was totally on popularity ;) nice try.

Also, humility? yea that isnt you, by claiming humility you void yourself of being humble by definition.

Response: By claiming that the claim of humility is not humility means according to your logic you are scared of debate based on your words that you are not scared. Another failed response.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:20:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 11:19:00 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:16:42 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:14:39 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/7/2015 11:12:21 AM, Preston wrote:

I am at work, in an office building, waiting for a meeting, not only is is it silent, but im not interested in debating someone who wins through assertion.

Response: Which means you are interested only in debates in which you assume you won based on popularity, instead of facts. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yea, because my first debate, was totally on popularity ;) nice try.

Also, humility? yea that isnt you, by claiming humility you void yourself of being humble by definition.

Response: By claiming that the claim of humility is not humility means according to your logic you are scared of debate based on your words that you are not scared. Another failed response.

OMG, i can see why you never win, correlation without causation, proof by assertion, strawman, you are so fallacious!
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin