Jump to topic:

What Christianity is really about

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:45:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do you believe that there is such a thing as Ultimate Truth? You believe in God.

Do you make the effort at aligning yourself with the Ultimate Truth as honestly as you can? You are guided by the Holy Spirit.

Do you believe that the Truth will set you free from being a slave to your desire, and lead to inner peace? You accept Jesus.

Do you, out of compassion feel the need to reflect these things in order to help guide others into seeing the above? You are a Christian.

Sincerity of faith and love is true religion.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:00:03 AM
At 7/7/2015 10:45:08 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
Do you believe that there is such a thing as Ultimate Truth?
No
Do you make the effort at aligning yourself with the Ultimate Truth as honestly as you can?
No
See above.
Do you believe that the Truth will set you free from being a slave to your desire, and lead to inner peace? .
No
Do you, out of compassion feel the need to reflect these things in order to help guide others into seeing the above?
No
Religion is just selfishness under a different name.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:00:07 AM
Do you believe that there is such a thing as Ultimate Truth? You believe in God.

Do you make the effort at aligning yourself with the Ultimate Truth as honestly as you can? You are guided by the Holy Spirit.

Do you believe that the Truth will set you free from being a slave to your desire, and lead to inner peace? You accept Jesus.

Do you, out of compassion feel the need to reflect these things in order to help guide others into seeing the above? You are a Christian.

So essentially, Christianity is all about accepting logical fallacies, delusions and empty assertions while suspending one's disbelief.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:03:24 AM

Christian = "Christ Follower"!
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:13:33 AM
At 7/7/2015 11:00:07 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
So essentially, Christianity is all about accepting logical fallacies, delusions and empty assertions while suspending one's disbelief.

Quite the opposite. In Christian theology, you are justified by faith, or sincerely held belief. It isn't important that Christians even believe everything the same.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit that Leads into All Truth. Only the pure in heart will see God, and that means not letting ones desires get in the way of exercising proper discernment. Radical self honesty and eradication of delusion is actually what it is about.

Of course, if you already have baggage attached to truth, and you think you already know what truth is, achieving true faith is going to be difficult.

Certainly, there are many people who identify as a Christian who practice self deceit, but that isn't what it is about. The mystery of faith is not something that can be revealed without sincerity of faith, which is the holy spirit.

At 7/7/2015 11:03:24 AM, Dogknox wrote:

Or another way of translating the word, "Little Christ".

The name "Jesus" means, "God Saves". If you embody the message that God is the savior, you would be a Christian.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:31:54 AM
At 7/7/2015 11:13:33 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Quite the opposite. In Christian theology, you are justified by faith, or sincerely held belief.

That's called delusion.

It isn't important that Christians even believe everything the same.

That's called hypocrisy.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit that Leads into All Truth.

The Holy Spirit has never been shown to exist. Irrelevant.

Only the pure in heart will see God, and that means not letting ones desires get in the way of exercising proper discernment. Radical self honesty and eradication of delusion is actually what it is about.

LOL. You believe in things that have never been shown to exist, you assert they do from a position of false authority and then say that isn't delusion.

That's called contradiction.

Of course, if you already have baggage attached to truth, and you think you already know what truth is, achieving true faith is going to be difficult.

Truth is in science and reality, not faith based delusions.

That's called ignorance.

Certainly, there are many people who identify as a Christian who practice self deceit, but that isn't what it is about. The mystery of faith is not something that can be revealed without sincerity of faith, which is the holy spirit.

Again, you purport those things from a position of false authority.

That's called dishonesty.

The name "Jesus" means, "God Saves". If you embody the message that God is the savior, you would be a Christian.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 11:35:35 AM

Quite the opposite. In Christian theology, you are justified by faith, or sincerely held belief. It isn't important that Christians even believe everything the same.
: :
This statement is true and what keeps most Christians from knowing the Truth.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit that Leads into All Truth. Only the pure in heart will see God, and that means not letting ones desires get in the way of exercising proper discernment. Radical self honesty and eradication of delusion is actually what it is about.

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 12:23:58 PM
At 7/7/2015 11:00:03 AM, bulproof wrote:
Do you believe that there is such a thing as Ultimate Truth?
No
Do you make the effort at aligning yourself with the Ultimate Truth as honestly as you can?
No
See above.
Do you believe that the Truth will set you free from being a slave to your desire, and lead to inner peace? .
No
Do you, out of compassion feel the need to reflect these things in order to help guide others into seeing the above?
No
Religion is just selfishness under a different name.

You could also add religion is self absorbed delusion.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 12:30:22 PM

why u christians always have to preach instead proving something? u just reproducing with what someone have been brainwashed u. nobody will take this stuff seriously! haleloya praise the lord!
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 12:43:48 PM
At 7/7/2015 12:30:22 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

why u christians always have to preach instead proving something? u just reproducing with what someone have been brainwashed u. nobody will take this stuff seriously! haleloya praise the lord!

Allow me to fix that for you:

"why u muslims always have to preach instead proving something? u just reproducing with what someone have been brainwashed u. nobody will take this stuff seriously! haleloya praise Allah!"

Isn't that better, now?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 12:57:08 PM

I will now address your questions one-by-one.........

I would have to ask you to define what you mean by "God" before I could give you an honest answer. But, rest assured, if you are speaking of a personal, Abrahamic, biblical god, like Yahweh, my answer is a resolute and definite "No." As far as some sort of Deist, non-personal "Creative Intelligence?" Hmm...maybe.

There is no such thing as a type of "holy spirit" that the bible speaks of. There are also no such thing as Moral Absolutes. At least the manmade variety here in our physical World. What we call "morals." They are all subjective. The Universe is teeming with Intelligent Civilizations. Who knows? On one of their planets rape may be fine. Murdering somebody who insulted you might be OK. Who is to say? If we are only one tiny civilization of mildly-educated animals on one out of the billions of planets that have life, why would anything we possibly say or think be construed as "absolute?" Or "special?" We are not.

The truth can and indeed does set one free. But I do not need Jesus for this equation. As he was only a mortal, human, Bronze Age itinerant rabbi and philosopher who has been dead for over 2000 years, I am not sure how he enters into this question, anyway.

I am as compassionate as anybody. Including most of you so-called Christians. We do not need your cults...er, "religions" to be instilled with this fully normal and human affect. I try to educate and guide others, yes. But again, I believe Organized Religion is one of the very last tings I would ever use for this endeavor.

Um...noooo. "Religion" is mostly comprised of manmade superstition and fear. And ignorance. I have Faith in Science and Knowledge. Which will trump religion every. single. time. I love those who merit my love. "Love thy enemy?" No thanks. You love him. I will do everything in my power to suppress or destroy him. And woe betide him or her if they ever threaten me or my loved ones.

Thanks!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:03:21 PM
At 7/7/2015 11:31:54 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Quite the opposite. In Christian theology, you are justified by faith, or sincerely held belief.

That's called delusion.

That's called hypocrisy.

Only the pure in heart will see God, and that means not letting ones desires get in the way of exercising proper discernment. Radical self honesty and eradication of delusion is actually what it is about.

LOL. You believe in things that have never been shown to exist, you assert they do from a position of false authority and then say that isn't delusion.

That's called contradiction.

That's called ignorance.

Again, you purport those things from a position of false authority.

That's called dishonesty.

Ms. JeRusse....

Explain to me once again how you coming over here to the Religion Forum and insulting the OP Author with words like "Ignorance" and "hypocrisy" is any deifferent from them strolling over to Science? You and De-Eminem continually lambast people like BOHICA for trolling science. Yet...you cannot justify how what you are doing here is any different.

I do not agree with many of the tenets of the OP. But at least I explain my reasons in my responses, and do not "hit and run" as you do. And as you accuse the Fundies of doing on the Science forum. You and De have accused Sky of doing this, "hit and run."
And here you are.

People who live in glass houses should not.........Um, how does that go again?

The OP author here would be as justified in reporting you for Trolling as you could EVER be I doing same on my Science Forum. But he is probably a bit more tolerant and mature than are you.

Have a nice day!!

(New sheriff, baby!)

LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:58:09 PM

That's called delusion.

You think that sincerely held belief is delusion? Do you not go by what you sincerely believe?

That's called hypocrisy.

The faith itself is universal. Sincerity and love is what we agree on. As for matters pertaining to creation, these things will always lead to chaos.

No, you are thinking in terms of spooks. The Holy Spirit is a mode of operating, a mindset of placing truth above all things. A "fetish" is an unhealthy attachment. It is another word for idol. When you place your attachments to creation above truth, you are holding an idol before God. A fetish getting in the way of truth.

That's called ignorance.

Certainly, all fields of study when taken to their ultimate extent and with a spirit of integrity will lead to the realization of God.

Faith is not about deluding yourself. This is not real faith, it is built on sand.

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:58:15 PM

I assure you that the things I speak of can be independently verified and witnessed even by those who have never been exposed to religion or scripture.

I do not speak of things that were taught to me by men, but God, as God is the only one who can reveal these unteachable things. The only thing I can do is indirectly point to the source of all things. You can not adequately express what is uncreated with created words.

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 1:58:27 PM
At 7/7/2015 12:57:08 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I would have to ask you to define what you mean by "God" before I could give you an honest answer. But, rest assured, if you are speaking of a personal, Abrahamic, biblical god, like Yahweh, my answer is a resolute and definite "No." As far as some sort of Deist, non-personal "Creative Intelligence?" Hmm...maybe.

God is The Ultimate Truth. The scriptures are divinely inspired, and testify of The Ultimate Truth, but like all created things, time corrupts until what once was before lucid and direct becomes unrecognizable and cryptic. The understanding you have of language. will corrupt the meaning of the scriptures. The attachments that have your heart in bondage will also corrupt the meaning of the scriptures.

These are real things that anyone can testify to, and they are not hard to accept.

There is no such thing as a type of "holy spirit" that the bible speaks of. There are also no such thing as Moral Absolutes. At least the manmade variety here in our physical World. What we call "morals." They are all subjective. The Universe is teeming with Intelligent Civilizations. Who knows? On one of their planets rape may be fine. Murdering somebody who insulted you might be OK. Who is to say? If we are only one tiny civilization of mildly-educated animals on one out of the billions of planets that have life, why would anything we possibly say or think be construed as "absolute?" Or "special?" We are not.

Certainly, when you are trapped in the realm of creation, you are dealing in a world constructed relativisticly. It is a mistake to get lost in the realm of cause and effect, but even in the realm of creation you can measure things to relative truths.

There is an Ultimate Truth that transcends this realm of creation, The Lord of All Worlds, The Only Worthy to be called by these names. Yet, these names are even creation. Words can not express what is fundamentally beyond abstraction!

The truth can and indeed does set one free. But I do not need Jesus for this equation. As he was only a mortal, human, Bronze Age itinerant rabbi and philosopher who has been dead for over 2000 years, I am not sure how he enters into this question, anyway.

In Jewish theology, there is great importance placed on names, and the meaning of names. The name "Jesus" means "God Saves"

What this means is, the messiah or savior that the Jewish people were waiting for was not a man, but God Most High.

The One True God is a concept meant to represent the idea of "Absolute Truth" or "The Ultimately Real" or "The Way Things Truly Are".

To say that Jesus is the messiah is to say, "The Truth will set you free".

I am as compassionate as anybody. Including most of you so-called Christians. We do not need your cults...er, "religions" to be instilled with this fully normal and human affect. I try to educate and guide others, yes. But again, I believe Organized Religion is one of the very last tings I would ever use for this endeavor.

The state of Christianity today is not much different than the state of Judaism in the time of Jesus. We are not to put our faith in man made institutions or even men, but God Most High. Truth is The Most Righteous Judge.

Understand that most people are not qualified to teach theology, identifying oneself as a Christian becomes meaningless when people are born into faiths.

Anyone can say they are a Christian. Even if you were to meet a real Christian, you will not find a man alive who doesn't offend someone.

Um...noooo. "Religion" is mostly comprised of manmade superstition and fear. And ignorance. I have Faith in Science and Knowledge. Which will trump religion every. single. time. I love those who merit my love. "Love thy enemy?" No thanks. You love him. I will do everything in my power to suppress or destroy him. And woe betide him or her if they ever threaten me or my loved ones.

Thanks!

True Religion is Sincerity of Faith and Charity.

Loving is another way of saying "Charity". For in the way that we judge others, we will be judged. You can't point the finger without having three pointing back at you!

Realize! The letter of the law is what kills, but the spirit of the law is what brings life! It is easy to get stuck in religion, dogma, scripture, concepts, and let these things become idols that get in between you and The Ultimate Truth, but the Just shall live by faith. Sincerity is integral to faith.

As it is written,

"If you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations" "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle," which all concern things which perish with the using"according to the commandments and doctrines of men? These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh."

We are justified by faith, not in the obedience of law, scripture, or guideline. It is by no work of our own, but only the saving grace of God, The One who reveals these mysteries.

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 2:00:18 PM

God is The Ultimate Truth. The scriptures are divinely inspired, and testify of The Ultimate Truth, but like all created things, time corrupts until what once was before lucid and direct becomes unrecognizable and cryptic. The understanding you have of language. will corrupt the meaning of the scriptures. The attachments that have your heart in bondage will also corrupt the meaning of the scriptures.

These are real things that anyone can testify to, and they are not hard to accept.

Certainly, when you are trapped in the realm of creation, you are dealing in a world constructed relativisticly. It is a mistake to get lost in the realm of cause and effect, but even in the realm of creation you can measure things to relative truths.

There is an Ultimate Truth that transcends this realm of creation, The Lord of All Worlds, The Only Worthy to be called by these names. Yet, these names are even creation. Words can not express what is fundamentally beyond abstraction!

In Jewish theology, there is great importance placed on names, and the meaning of names. The name "Jesus" means "God Saves"

What this means is, the messiah or savior that the Jewish people were waiting for was not a man, but God Most High.

The One True God is a concept meant to represent the idea of "Absolute Truth" or "The Ultimately Real" or "The Way Things Truly Are".

To say that Jesus is the messiah is to say, "The Truth will set you free".

The state of Christianity today is not much different than the state of Judaism in the time of Jesus. We are not to put our faith in man made institutions or even men, but God Most High. Truth is The Most Righteous Judge.

Understand that most people are not qualified to teach theology, identifying oneself as a Christian becomes meaningless when people are born into faiths.

Anyone can say they are a Christian. Even if you were to meet a real Christian, you will not find a man alive who doesn't offend someone.

Thanks!

True Religion is Sincerity of Faith and Charity.

Loving is another way of saying "Charity". For in the way that we judge others, we will be judged. You can't point the finger without having three pointing back at you!

Realize! The letter of the law is what kills, but the spirit of the law is what brings life! It is easy to get stuck in religion, dogma, scripture, concepts, and let these things become idols that get in between you and The Ultimate Truth, but the Just shall live by faith. Sincerity is integral to faith.

As it is written,

"If you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations" "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle," which all concern things which perish with the using"according to the commandments and doctrines of men? These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh."

We are justified by faith, not in the obedience of law, scripture, or guideline. It is by no work of our own, but only the saving grace of God, The One who reveals these mysteries.

~~

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 2:17:31 PM
At 7/7/2015 1:58:09 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

That's called delusion.

You think that sincerely held belief is delusion? Do you not go by what you sincerely believe?

Sorry, I don't believe in things, I don't operate on a belief system, which I'm sure is hard to fathom for someone who does.

That's called hypocrisy.

The faith itself is universal. Sincerity and love is what we agree on.

So what? Sincerity and love are not dependent on faith. Irrelevant.

As for matters pertaining to creation, these things will always lead to chaos.

No, you are thinking in terms of spooks. The Holy Spirit is a mode of operating, a mindset of placing truth above all things.

And, that's exactly how wars get started, it's called insanity.

A "fetish" is an unhealthy attachment. It is another word for idol. When you place your attachments to creation above truth, you are holding an idol before God. A fetish getting in the way of truth.

So, you just get rid of anything that gets in the way of your God? Would you kill for your God?

That's called ignorance.

Certainly, all fields of study when taken to their ultimate extent and with a spirit of integrity will lead to the realization of God.

And yet, integrity in study leads to the realization no gods exist.

Faith is not about deluding yourself.

Yes, it is.

This is not real faith, it is built on sand.

Faith is for the ignorant and deluded who have lost touch with reality.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 2:29:58 PM
At 7/7/2015 12:43:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Allow me to fix that for you:

"why u muslims always have to preach instead proving something? u just reproducing with what someone have been brainwashed u. nobody will take this stuff seriously! haleloya praise Allah!"

Isn't that better, now?

lol please your majesty if u allow me to beg u to ask if u remember saying such things? im debating here on issues not preaching. its debate.org not pope's site. praise to the Flying Spaghetti Monster :D
Never fart near dog
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 2:32:57 PM
At 7/7/2015 2:17:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

That's called delusion.

Sorry, I don't believe in things, I don't operate on a belief system, which I'm sure is hard to fathom for someone who does.

Never believing in your own BS (Belief System).

I'm not operating on BS.

So, to make things clear, when you say that you do not believe in things, what do you mean?

Are you saying that there is no such thing as Absolute Truth ?

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 3:05:31 PM
1 Timothy 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God"s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

The One Church Jesus established is "The TRUTH"!
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 3:34:20 PM

Does this creative intelligence exceed you in every possible way?
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 4:46:09 PM

I don't think you know what truth is.... attributing 'Ultimate' to it is literally meaningless.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 5:40:46 PM
At 7/7/2015 4:46:09 PM, Fkkize wrote:
I don't think you know what truth is.... attributing 'Ultimate' to it is literally meaningless.

Understandable. I say this to distinguish it from relative truths.

It is what is Ultimately Real. What is true independent of human bias. How things REALLY are.

The thing that needs to be understood is that I am not equating Truth with anything other than what the word ultimately points to. God has many names, and truly, the name that can be named is not the eternal name.

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:16:17 PM
No, that's Deism -- belief in an absolute metaphysical truth -- which is not at all belief in an Abrahamic deity.

No, that's revelationism -- the idea that the ultimate truth is somehow intrinsically knowable or else can be revealed through the testimony of others. It's not confined to Christianity. Plato, for example, felt that abstract objects existed and could make themselves known to us. Moreover, Christianity is not the only revelatory faith,

No, that's theological submission: the idea that believing in theology without question makes you a better, happier person. (Many Christians no longer believe that, by the way.) Moreover, many non-Christians admire the example of Jesus, without accepting Jesus' divinity. So presumably they think emulating good examples makes a better life.

No, that's proselytism and not only Christians do it. There are Buddhist and Muslim proselytes, for example. There are also devout Christians who do not believe in proselytism (some from Eastern Orthodoxies, for example.)

No, devoted unquestioning faith is denial, while love is compassion, and is not confined to the faithful. Moreover, Christianity is not all religion.

So I think you've done three things wrong here, UT:

1) Narrowed the definition of Christianity to exclude people who are Christian under any normally accepted criteria of creed;
2) Conflated Christianity with religion, and ignored rich philosophical and theological traditions outside Christianity; and
3) Appropriated behaviours shared among many faiths and cultures to make it seem that only Christians do them.

That's pretty rude and ignorant, I think.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:32:32 PM
At 7/7/2015 2:32:57 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/7/2015 2:17:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

That's called delusion.

Never believing in your own BS (Belief System).

I'm not operating on BS.

It would certainly appear that you are.

So, to make things clear, when you say that you do not believe in things, what do you mean?

I don't believe in things, I try to understand them, instead, which precludes a belief in them.

Are you saying that there is no such thing as Absolute Truth ?

Whether there is or not Absolute Truth, it certainly is not found in Christianity, not by any stretch.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:52:08 PM
At 7/7/2015 6:16:17 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
No, that's Deism -- belief in an absolute metaphysical truth -- which is not at all belief in an Abrahamic deity.

When Moses was asked which God he spoke for, what gets said is commonly translated into "I am that I am". A few other ways of translating it would be, "Existence itself", "The Way things are", "Or The Truth as it Is". There are many different ways of interpreting it, but the all fall along the same lines.

Since the dawn of recorded history the God that I speak of has been testified of. The God I speak of can be seen by anyone who makes Truth their highest goal, and makes a constant purifying effort to ride themselves of anything that gets in the way of Truth. I speak of The Lord of History, The Lord of All Worlds.

There are many names, but they ultimately point to the same thing. To see it, you have to abolish any idol that gets between you and righteousness. Understand that when I say "righteousness", I am speaking of being in line with what is True. For God is The Highest Righteousness.

No, that's revelationism -- the idea that the ultimate truth is somehow intrinsically knowable or else can be revealed through the testimony of others. It's not confined to Christianity. Plato, for example, felt that abstract objects existed and could make themselves known to us. Moreover, Christianity is not the only revelatory faith,

I never said that what I speak of is limited to Christianity. The God that I speak of is universally witnessed. The revelation of Jesus Christ is complete, and prophesied of in scripture all over the world.

No, that's theological submission: the idea that believing in theology without question makes you a better, happier person. (Many Christians no longer believe that, by the way.) Moreover, many non-Christians admire the example of Jesus, without accepting Jesus' divinity. So presumably they think emulating good examples makes a better life.

That isn't what I'm saying. Believing in theology without questioning it will keep you as a pagan for the rest of your life. If you don't question scripture, how are you suppose to understand it? Scripture is meant to be mirror into the heart, something to guide you into seeing what it is that is tarnishing it. Scripture is useful for figuring out the things that are keeping you from being honest.

No, that's proselytism and not only Christians do it. There are Buddhist and Muslim proselytes, for example. There are also devout Christians who do not believe in proselytism (some from Eastern Orthodoxies, for example.)

Truly I tell you, Buddha taught an excellent way to purify the heart. The pure in heart shall see God. Truly I tell you, the Koran is very complimentary to the New Testament.

Buddha and Mohammed are among the prophets, and I am a witness to what they speak of.

Let everyone act according to their faith.

No, devoted unquestioning faith is denial, while love is compassion, and is not confined to the faithful. Moreover, Christianity is not all religion.
So I think you've done three things wrong here, UT:

1) Narrowed the definition of Christianity to exclude people who are Christian under any normally accepted criteria of creed;
2) Conflated Christianity with religion, and ignored rich philosophical and theological traditions outside Christianity; and
3) Appropriated behaviours shared among many faiths and cultures to make it seem that only Christians do them.

That's pretty rude and ignorant, I think.

Quite the contrary, the Name of the Universal Church holds the key to unlocking just how inclusive it is. All religion is man made. Truth stands clearly apart.

We are justified by honest belief, by sincere faith, not lying to ourselves. There is no faith in self delusion. God punishes those who practice these things with cognitive dissonance and mental illness. These afflictions are meant to help guide us into being more sincere.

True Religion is universal. Truly, the path is narrow, but everyone has to climb over different terrain before they find the road to eternal life.

ReformedPresbyterian72598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:53:09 PM

Really?
Name the five "Solas"
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:56:28 PM
At 7/7/2015 3:05:31 PM, Dogknox wrote:
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God"s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Just out of curiosity, is "Knox" your last name?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:22:21 PM
At 7/7/2015 6:56:28 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 7/7/2015 3:05:31 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is "Knox" your last name?

ReformedPresbyterian72598 Good to meet you..
I reply.. No "Knox" is NOT part of my last name. I tried other names but they were taken... I ended up with this one!! LOL
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:36:29 PM
At 7/7/2015 6:53:09 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

Really?
Name the five "Solas"

ReformedPresbyterian72598 I have to ask... WHERE..
Where in the scriptures do you find "Saved by "Scriptures ALONE"!?

Acts 17 tells us... CHURCH was bringing salvation to the Bereans...
Those in Thessalonica were the LESS NOBLE because they rejected church!
Those in Thessalonica were the LESS NOBLE because they believed in "Scriptures ALONE"!

11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

The Bereans checked their "OLD TESTAMENT" BUT...
ReformedPresbyterian72598 but "Christ Resurrected" is NOT found in the OLD TESTAMENT; They needed Paul... "CHURCH" to bring them the truth! WITHOUT..

ReformedPresbyterian72598 without the CHURCH the Berean Jews never, ever would have arrived at "Christ Resurrected". Proof?!
They NEEDED CHURCH!!!!

Proof is found by looking at the Jews... All they have is the Old Testament.. for the Past Two Thousand years they have NOT arrived at the truth from their "OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES"! They reject "Christ Resurrected" to this day!!!

CHURCH is the "pillar of truth".. The scriptures tell you so!!!

ReformedPresbyterian72598 To believe in the Scriptures ALONE you are forced to "REJECT THE SCRIPTURES"! NOT accepting the words of Jesus is.. REJECTING Jesus! Scriptures are Jesus' words!