Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Pooka...

Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 2:27:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What, exactly, type of God do you believe in?
Every time I read your arguments you come off as a deist, or just a theist that believes God judges people and he/she/it created the world, and that's that, but DEFINITELY not a Christian, as your profile says.
Just wonderin'.
I miss the old members.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 2:30:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Um, Pooka defends the Bible and Yahweh all the time. I don't see how he comes off as Deist.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 2:34:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Many people on this site have been mistaking me for an agnostic lately, because I have said that there's no 100% confirmation of God. Hmm...an agnostic sufi... That sounds like a contradiction and conflict of interest right there. :P
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 2:35:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 2:30:18 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Um, Pooka defends the Bible and Yahweh all the time. I don't see how he comes off as Deist.
One of his posts, where he states that when atheists say that you believe in god's that does X and X, he says 'neither do I.', made me question it.
So, apparently, he doesn't believe in the bible, or believe it to be true.
From this, since Christians mainly get their faith from that, I was wondering if he meant that or was just playing around.
I miss the old members.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 2:41:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 2:35:38 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 8/17/2010 2:30:18 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Um, Pooka defends the Bible and Yahweh all the time. I don't see how he comes off as Deist.
One of his posts, where he states that when atheists say that you believe in god's that does X and X, he says 'neither do I.', made me question it.
So, apparently, he doesn't believe in the bible, or believe it to be true.
From this, since Christians mainly get their faith from that, I was wondering if he meant that or was just playing around.

Actually, he said that he doesn't agree with Dawkins description of Yahweh ( that's what he said X was). You think that Pooka has to agree that God is a "megalomaniacal, filicidal, pestilential, homophobic bully" in order for him to believe in Yahweh??
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 2:49:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 2:41:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/17/2010 2:35:38 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 8/17/2010 2:30:18 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Um, Pooka defends the Bible and Yahweh all the time. I don't see how he comes off as Deist.
One of his posts, where he states that when atheists say that you believe in god's that does X and X, he says 'neither do I.', made me question it.
So, apparently, he doesn't believe in the bible, or believe it to be true.
From this, since Christians mainly get their faith from that, I was wondering if he meant that or was just playing around.

Actually, he said that he doesn't agree with Dawkins description of Yahweh ( that's what he said X was). You think that Pooka has to agree that God is a "megalomaniacal, filicidal, pestilential, homophobic bully" in order for him to believe in Yahweh??

This. When Dawkins says the God of the OT is *long list of terrible properties* and then people (usually atheists) say they don't believe (or don't want to/can't believe) in a God like that - I agree right along with them. Neither do I nor can I.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 2:59:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 2:41:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/17/2010 2:35:38 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 8/17/2010 2:30:18 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Um, Pooka defends the Bible and Yahweh all the time. I don't see how he comes off as Deist.
One of his posts, where he states that when atheists say that you believe in god's that does X and X, he says 'neither do I.', made me question it.
So, apparently, he doesn't believe in the bible, or believe it to be true.
From this, since (usually) Christians mainly get their faith from that, I was wondering if he meant that or was just playing around.

Actually, he said that he doesn't agree with Dawkins description of Yahweh ( that's what he said X was). You think that Pooka has to agree that God is a "megalomaniacal, filicidal, pestilential, homophobic bully" in order for him to believe in Yahweh??
Questioning someone's beliefs =/= assuming that that belef must have certain qualities for them to believe in it. At worst, I misinterpreted him. At best, you assumed that I thought he had to believe in a horrible beast of a god to be of Christian faith.
Anyways, my question now:What interpretation of the Christian god do you have, Pooka. What do you make him to believe?
I miss the old members.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 3:23:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 2:59:56 PM, Atheism wrote:

Anyways, my question now:What interpretation of the Christian god do you have, Pooka.

The correct one. :P

What do you make him to believe?

I don't "make" him believe anything as that would imply he's a fictional character or that I can just force him to believe whatever I want about him. I think neither of those are true.

It'd be hard for me to speculate beyond the bare essentials as to what God believes/knows, in any case. He's omniscient. I think I'll just leave it at he knows/believes all true propositions. :)

I think he's loving though.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:50:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 3:31:40 PM, badger wrote:
i think it's class that you still believe in god. i really can't figure out how you managed it though.

...thanks. (-_-)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 5:05:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 4:50:43 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/17/2010 3:31:40 PM, badger wrote:
i think it's class that you still believe in god. i really can't figure out how you managed it though.

...thanks. (-_-)

yeah i was sorry i posted that about two seconds after i did. it's the truth though.
signature
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 5:15:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 3:23:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/17/2010 2:59:56 PM, Atheism wrote:

Anyways, my question now:What interpretation of the Christian god do you have, Pooka.

The correct one. :P
I could debate you if there truly is a correct god, but I won't.
Anyways, what does your god entail? Like, since you are Christian, do you take the Bible metaphorically, or...?
What do you make him to believe?
MY GRAMMAR! IT DIED!
I don't "make" him believe anything as that would imply he's a fictional character or that I can just force him to believe whatever I want about him. I think neither of those are true.
Scuse that question, I have no idea what I was trying to say.
It'd be hard for me to speculate beyond the bare essentials as to what God believes/knows, in any case. He's omniscient. I think I'll just leave it at he knows/believes all true propositions. :)

I think he's loving though.
K.
I miss the old members.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 5:37:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 5:15:55 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 8/17/2010 3:23:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/17/2010 2:59:56 PM, Atheism wrote:

Anyways, my question now:What interpretation of the Christian god do you have, Pooka.

The correct one. :P
I could debate you if there truly is a correct god, but I won't.
Anyways, what does your god entail? Like, since you are Christian, do you take the Bible metaphorically, or...?

I take some parts literally and I take some parts non-literally. It depends on the context.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!