Jump to topic:

Who is the next Billy Graham?

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 3:15:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Catholics have a Pope as their spiritual leader. but what of Protestants? their denominations do not have interconnecting hierarchy, so who would be their equivalent?

I think Billy Graham is the closest to that for protestants. generally you find any given church denomination greatly respects Graham. Their hasn't really been anyone who has been quite as effective an evangelize as him. But his time has come to close in the spotlight when it comes to evangelizing, and his son is not really becoming a carbon copy of his effectiveness or charismatically in evangelizing.

So this threads purpose is to discuss who we think who is the next 'Top Dog' of the christian evangelist after Billy.

for starters I will post these three to consider.
Mathew Hagee as you can see from the video is pretty effective as a speaker in utilizing the props he set up to express his point.
Joel Osteen is very methodical. tells joke, has crowd repeat a chant, then proceeds to preach in the same constant level tone that sounds as if its intended to be used for the same reasons people play tapes of birds chirping and creeks running. all peaceful. not quite as 'energetic' as Hagee as guess.
Perry Stone always preaches Armageddon stuff. in fact I don't think I have ever heard him just preach about everyday stuff. Osteen only does that on the other hand. Mathew Hagee leaves that to his dad so far.

what is yall's evaluation of these guy's public speaking skills, evangelizing effectiveness, and anything else worth considering when for seeing who has the most potential for filling Billy Grahams shoes as 'Top Dog' evangelizer.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 3:17:17 PM
go ahead and post anyone you think is more likely to be the next Graham even if I dont mention them.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 3:34:42 PM
At 8/17/2010 3:17:17 PM, Marauder wrote:
go ahead and post anyone you think is more likely to be the next Graham even if I dont mention them.

---------------

Billy Graham, Freemason and Baal Priest. ?

Ermm...

Obama !

He can stand on the same steps of the White house, As Billy did, and position himself Right below "Persephone" which is so appropriate from a false teacher pretending to be a christian, and the beauty of idea is -" he wouldn't have to leave home to do it".

Do I get a prize ?

Persephone..
Greek mythology) daughter of Zeus and Demeter; made queen of the underworld by Pluto in ancient mythology; identified with Roman Proserpina.

-------------------------o O---^5---
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 3:35:37 PM
I suppose it would be most relevant to actually post a video of Billy Graham himself doing his stuff in this thread somewhere so here it is

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 3:44:11 PM
At 8/17/2010 3:34:42 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:
At 8/17/2010 3:17:17 PM, Marauder wrote:

---------------

Billy Graham, Freemason and Baal Priest. ?
I dont understand, this must an inside analogy. what does he have to do with Free masons and Baal Priest?

Ermm...

Obama !
Obama doesn't preach about God, but sure I will try to follow. his public speaking skills could even be said to put to shame Grahams

He can stand on the same steps of the White house, As Billy did, and position himself Right below "Persephone" which is so appropriate from a false teacher pretending to be a christian, and the beauty of idea is -" he wouldn't have to leave home to do it".
Persephone is on the White House somewhere? I knew above the Congress building is a statue of Athena goddess of wisdom. I didn't see any statues on the white house though when I went there for vacation. just snipers patrolling the roof

Do I get a prize ?
sure you get the reward of knowing you contributed to an intelligent conversation/discussion board.

Persephone..
Greek mythology) daughter of Zeus and Demeter; made queen of the underworld by Pluto in ancient mythology; identified with Roman Proserpina.

if the Persephone reference didn't mean a statue located in DC but something symbolic it went over my head. please explain that further.
-------------------------o O---^5---

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 3:52:43 PM
you know after watching the three videos I posted I notice Osteen and Hagee take time to pause every now in then in there sermons at appropriate places. Perry Stone talks really fast for most of his moving on to the next part.

A Scout is Obedient.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:00:08 PM
the-good-teacher is right. Graham is an ex-Freemason.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:06:17 PM
At 8/17/2010 4:00:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

oh, thats what TGT ment. thank you Geo. So do you think it was only because of Grahams connection with the masons that made him effective? If thats the case then we would need to see witch of these other evangelist are also free masons. but I have no idea how to go about doing that.

A Scout is Obedient.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:14:49 PM

-------------

Thank you.

Gilly Graham pretended to be Christian, and taught a false doctrine of salvation,

33 degree Freemasons not only worship Satan, but are hell bent on destroying this world with the people in it..

the whole story is massive, but this is not the thread to voice it,

------------------------------o O--^5---
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:20:07 PM
At 8/17/2010 4:14:49 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:

-------------

Thank you.

Gilly Graham pretended to be Christian, and taught a false doctrine of salvation,

33 degree Freemasons not only worship Satan, but are hell bent on destroying this world with the people in it..

cool, then make a thread for it. title it 'how 33 degree mason worship satan' or 'why Grahams preaching was false Christianity'.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:24:55 PM
At 8/17/2010 4:20:07 PM, Marauder wrote:

-------------

Thank you.

cool, then make a thread for it. title it 'how 33 degree mason worship satan' or 'why Grahams preaching was false Christianity'.

Or better yet, a debate challenge!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:26:44 PM
At 8/17/2010 4:06:17 PM, Marauder wrote:

oh, thats what TGT ment. thank you Geo. So do you think it was only because of Grahams connection with the masons that made him effective? If thats the case then we would need to see witch of these other evangelist are also free masons. but I have no idea how to go about doing that.

--------------

To identify what is counterfeit you need to know what's genuine, a bit like a bank clerk.

So get to know the bible, it being the sword of truth, providing a breastplate of righteousness, resulting in a helmet of salvation.

You'll never be fooled. so you cannot be overcome, by false doctrine, and you will become an expert at seeing people for what they are, without having to talk about it.

-----------------------------o O--^5 --
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:47:28 AM
At 8/17/2010 4:26:44 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:

--------------

To identify what is counterfeit you need to know what's genuine, a bit like a bank clerk.

So get to know the bible, it being the sword of truth, providing a breastplate of righteousness, resulting in a helmet of salvation.

You'll never be fooled. so you cannot be overcome, by false doctrine, and you will become an expert at seeing people for what they are, without having to talk about it.

If you read what I posted, youll note you just responded to a slightly different track of thought, as if I had asked how do you know Billy Graham is a false teacher. But indeed what I had put was 'is his connection to the masons responsible for his effectiveness.' And truth has as much to do with effectiveness as counterfeit ever will.
Unless this was in response to 'how you pick out masons' and your thinking you do that by picking out what is counterfeit, but the flaw in that assumes all counterfeit is rooted back to the masons. though I might be willing to believe that that secret club capable of producing counterfeit, I fail to see how one could ever conclude their are the only agents of counterfeit out their. maybe it roots back to ....the skull and bones club for example. http://en.wikipedia.org... their a secret society conspiracy tales surround but they are not the masons.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:49:35 AM
At 8/17/2010 4:24:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/17/2010 4:20:07 PM, Marauder wrote:

-------------

Thank you.

Or better yet, a debate challenge!

I thought I'd do this actually once you suggested it. but TGT settings say 'not accepting debate challenges at this time...' ...... much like yours are too right now as I post this.

A Scout is Obedient.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:39:07 AM
At 8/18/2010 8:47:28 AM, Marauder wrote:

--------------

If you read what I posted, youll note you just responded to a slightly different track of thought, as if I had asked how do you know Billy Graham is a false teacher. But indeed what I had put was 'is his connection to the masons responsible for his effectiveness.' And truth has as much to do with effectiveness as counterfeit ever will.
Unless this was in response to 'how you pick out masons' and your thinking you do that by picking out what is counterfeit, but the flaw in that assumes all counterfeit is rooted back to the masons. though I might be willing to believe that that secret club capable of producing counterfeit, I fail to see how one could ever conclude their are the only agents of counterfeit out their. maybe it roots back to ....the skull and bones club for example. http://en.wikipedia.org... their a secret society conspiracy tales surround but they are not the masons.

--------------

I believe one of the trade marks of freemasonry is taking various successful people or the potentially successful, and making them more effective in their quest of world domination.
Only subtle changes are required, 98% of food and 2% of poison kills a rat
( Gen 3:1 the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made)

Germans were told "Follow Hitler with your heart ,not your mind",
The bible states "the natural heart is evil", and this is why it is circumcised in the reborn.

--------------------------------o O---^5 ---
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:43:14 AM
33 degree Freemasons not only worship Satan, but are hell bent on destroying this world with the people in it.:

Please substantiate
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:56:36 AM
At 8/18/2010 9:43:14 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
33 degree Freemasons not only worship Satan, but are hell bent on destroying this world with the people in it.:

Please substantiate

--------------
It took over 18 months of study,

Not one point on it's own proves my claim,

It would be like presenting a single Jigsaw puzzle piece and claiming it to a complete picture.

-------------------------------o O --^5 ---
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 10:56:05 AM
At 8/18/2010 9:56:36 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:

Please substantiate

--------------

It would be like presenting a single Jigsaw puzzle piece and claiming it to a complete picture.

ROFL! Take the aluminum foil off your head.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 12:25:29 PM
At 8/18/2010 9:39:07 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:47:28 AM, Marauder wrote:

--------------

--------------

I believe one of the trade marks of freemasonry is taking various successful people or the potentially successful, and making them more effective in their quest of world domination.
Only subtle changes are required, 98% of food and 2% of poison kills a rat
( Gen 3:1 the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made)

Germans were told "Follow Hitler with your heart ,not your mind",
The bible states "the natural heart is evil", and this is why it is circumcised in the reborn.

--------------------------------o O---^5 ---

still that fails to follow through ON WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT because of that flaw I gave still stands. not all bad stuff is done by the masons. Not every important/famous person in history was part of their club. Other mafia's are just as capable as they, like the SKULL and BONES club.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 12:27:56 PM

Please substantiate

--------------

so you have no reasons for thinking this. for trying to make me think that one of my scoutmasters lives a better example of the christian life than most others I know is worshiper of Satan.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 12:32:23 PM
George W. Bush is the next Billy Graham.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 12:35:06 PM
At 8/18/2010 12:32:23 PM, lovelife wrote:

has he taken up preaching or holding revivals camps or such stuff?

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 12:41:43 PM
At 8/18/2010 12:35:06 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 8/18/2010 12:32:23 PM, lovelife wrote:

has he taken up preaching or holding revivals camps or such stuff?

Not yet
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 4:30:06 PM

Please substantiate

--------------

It would be like presenting a single Jigsaw puzzle piece and claiming it to a complete picture.:

How convenient. So in other words, you can't substantiate it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 7:23:10 AM
At 8/17/2010 3:15:34 PM, Marauder wrote:
Catholics have a Pope as their spiritual leader. but what of Protestants? their denominations do not have interconnecting hierarchy, so who would be their equivalent?

I think Billy Graham is the closest to that for protestants. generally you find any given church denomination greatly respects Graham. Their hasn't really been anyone who has been quite as effective an evangelize as him. But his time has come to close in the spotlight when it comes to evangelizing, and his son is not really becoming a carbon copy of his effectiveness or charismatically in evangelizing.

So this threads purpose is to discuss who we think who is the next 'Top Dog' of the christian evangelist after Billy.

Mathew Hagee as you can see from the video is pretty effective as a speaker in utilizing the props he set up to express his point.
Joel Osteen is very methodical. tells joke, has crowd repeat a chant, then proceeds to preach in the same constant level tone that sounds as if its intended to be used for the same reasons people play tapes of birds chirping and creeks running. all peaceful. not quite as 'energetic' as Hagee as guess.
Perry Stone always preaches Armageddon stuff. in fact I don't think I have ever heard him just preach about everyday stuff. Osteen only does that on the other hand. Mathew Hagee leaves that to his dad so far.

what is yall's evaluation of these guy's public speaking skills, evangelizing effectiveness, and anything else worth considering when for seeing who has the most potential for filling Billy Grahams shoes as 'Top Dog' evangelizer.

All the children say: " We don't need another hero! "

don't fellow men, follow Christ.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:51:12 AM
At 8/24/2010 7:23:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/17/2010 3:15:34 PM, Marauder wrote:

All the children say: " We don't need another hero! "

don't fellow men, follow Christ.

DATC do note this is the most irrelevant post you may have ever put (except maybe the videos of tumbleweeds) Why I am I just in saying that? Well glad you asked, if you watch any of those videos you will see never once do they talk about how you should follow them, in fact they talk about following Jesus an awful lot.

Second off, just cause someone is your hero doesn't entail you are following them. also the children have never said any such thing. theirs a reason the church puts all saints day on the calendar as a day to remember the saints. because the saints in a sense are our churches hero's and we would be wise to take inspiration from there deeds and try and keep up with there footsteps. they blazed the trails and there is nothing wrong with that. Christians too often shy away from doing something that Jesus himself had done and say 'well I'm not Jesus' and imply that you would have to be the son of God to do that. but when Steven the first martyr is willing to go through some of the same trials they have that excuse no more.

Third off, just cause they are not Jesus doesn't mean God dosen't intend for them to pass on something to the next generation; So it is completely called for to see what the people who are succeeding at what their doing (evangelizing in this case) and see what they are doing right.

Next time something as simple as that goes over your head again just PM me and I will cure you of your cluelessness in private so you need not be humiliated so much when you post something as dumb as this.

A Scout is Obedient.