Jump to topic:

How to end human suffering

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:04:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
My modest proposal, if no humans exist then no humans can suffer ergo...................kill all humans or at the least stop this procreating non sense and let this be the last generation.

A world where no humans exist is a world where no humans suffer.

Where is the error in my logic ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:10:52 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:04:39 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
My modest proposal, if no humans exist then no humans can suffer ergo...................kill all humans or at the least stop this procreating non sense and let this be the last generation.

Where is the error in my logic ? ::

Your wish will come true soon.

Jeremiah 4
22: "For my people are foolish, they know me not; they are stupid children, they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil, but how to do good they know not."
23: I looked on the earth, and lo, it was waste and void; and to the heaven, and they had no light.
24: I looked on the mountains, and lo, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.
25: I looked, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled.
26: I looked, and lo, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.
27: For thus says the LORD, "The whole land shall be a desolation; yet I will not make a full end.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:12:13 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:10:52 AM, lucky59 wrote:

Jeremiah 4
22: "For my people are foolish, they know me not; they are stupid children, they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil, but how to do good they know not."
23: I looked on the earth, and lo, it was waste and void; and to the heaven, and they had no light.
24: I looked on the mountains, and lo, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.
26: I looked, and lo, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.
27: For thus says the LORD, "The whole land shall be a desolation; yet I will not make a full end.

It's not so much my wish, it just that if you want X here is a way to get X.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:16:57 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:12:13 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Jeremiah 4

It's not so much my wish, it just that if you want X here is a way to get X. : :

God has already planned to get rid of everyone on this planet as you can see in the prophecy above.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:18:26 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:16:57 AM, lucky59 wrote:

Jeremiah 4

It's not so much my wish, it just that if you want X here is a way to get X. : :

God has already planned to get rid of everyone on this planet as you can see in the prophecy above.

BOG!
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:18:48 AM

Error 1: You posted this in the religion forum.

Error 2: You have no means to kill all humans without causing immense amounts of suffering in the process. Even if you had a plan you are not guaranteed to kill literally everyone. Say you leave 5% of the poulation scattered across the globe. This (presumably) last generation would have to suffer the most.

Error 3: Transhumanism and paradise-engineering are far superior in ending the suffering of sentient creatures. For once because they are not as depressing.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:23:18 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:18:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Jeremiah 4

BOG! : :

Don't you like the prophecy about God killing everyone on this planet?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:30:00 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:23:18 AM, lucky59 wrote:

Jeremiah 4

See this is why abortion is wrong, so those babies can grow up and God can kill them for being wicked sinners.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:32:12 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:18:48 AM, Fkkize wrote:

Not an error in logic.

Error 2: You have no means to kill all humans without causing immense amounts of suffering in the process. Even if you had a plan you are not guaranteed to kill literally everyone. Say you leave 5% of the poulation scattered across the globe. This (presumably) last generation would have to suffer the most.

I wasn't coming from the view that I or one single person should go on a mission to kill everyone. Rather a more collective agreement of humanity, we have thought about this and decided, this sh*t blows.

Error 3: Transhumanism and paradise-engineering are far superior in ending the suffering of sentient creatures. For once because they are not as depressing.

That assumes some sort of paradise awaits humanities future.......................that's a very questionable assumption.
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:32:57 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:30:00 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Jeremiah 4

See this is why abortion is wrong, so those babies can grow up and God can kill them for being wicked sinners. : :

There's nothing wrong about anything that God created but I understand how you feel. It doesn't make any sense to form bodies in the wombs of women knowing that they will die later on.

Don't you think there's more to life after the death of your body?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:35:44 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:32:57 AM, lucky59 wrote:

Jeremiah 4

See this is why abortion is wrong, so those babies can grow up and God can kill them for being wicked sinners. : :

There's nothing wrong about anything that God created but I understand how you feel. It doesn't make any sense to form bodies in the wombs of women knowing that they will die later on.

Well I don't know I have not died yet.

But it the evidence does seem to suggest that the mind is dependent on the brain, ergo when the brain gets destroyed the mind goes too.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:35:58 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:32:12 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Not an error in logic.
I was kidding.

I wasn't coming from the view that I or one single person should go on a mission to kill everyone. Rather a more collective agreement of humanity, we have thought about this and decided, this sh*t blows.
Then you are proposing something that is never going to happen.

That assumes some sort of paradise awaits humanities future.......................that's a very questionable assumption.
I am not talking about some religious conception of paradise. I am not assuming this paradise, bringing it about is an active goal.
:
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:40:27 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:35:58 AM, Fkkize wrote:

Not an error in logic.
I was kidding.

I didn't realize you had the capability to say what will or will not happen in the future with such certainty.

You should go buy a lotto ticket.

I am not talking about some religious conception of paradise. I am not assuming this paradise, bringing it about is an active goal.

And how much suffering must be be allowed to happen to get this active goal ? and it the price to high ?
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:43:21 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:35:44 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 7/8/2015 8:32:57 AM, lucky59 wrote:

Jeremiah 4

Well I don't know I have not died yet.

But it the evidence does seem to suggest that the mind is dependent on the brain, ergo when the brain gets destroyed the mind goes too. : :

That depends on who you're listening to.

Think of the mind as a computer server where all information exists. Then think of each of us as computer processors tapped into that server. We are nothing without the mind.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:46:22 AM

Jeremiah 4

Eh, verse 22-26 makes me sad, I wish we could all know the truth as a whole and we didn't have to argue about it or fight over it, I would like to know what it is like to be united and in one accord as an entire planet. And I'm not talking about your view or my own view, but just operating from the one truth.
All the evil, hate, backbiting, disaccord, jealousy, misunderstanding ect is very depressing to witness and more than anything I hate that we are all not united spiritually, we all are in this together here and we shouldn't be stepping on one another, we should be sharing and receiving, knowing we as individuals do not possess all truth, there is more than just physical material truth.

We don't need to reject God, spirituality or science rather we need all these things. They should work hand in hand and there is no need to reject one for the other.
Heck, both atheists and theists could build a bridge buy allowing both of these knowledge/truths to flow parallel, meaning we need to learn about our material existence as well as our spiritual existence.
We have plenty of scientific research and discovery about the material world and we have more than enough literature and testimonial evidence and support for the spiritual world and we could give and take, but that is just a pipe dream lol.

Anyways no, I do not like your interpretation of that passage, nothing about killing everyone on the planet I like, you're a weirdo.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:47:01 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:40:27 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 7/8/2015 8:35:58 AM, Fkkize wrote:

Not an error in logic.
I was kidding.

I didn't realize you had the capability to say what will or will not happen in the future with such certainty.

You should go buy a lotto ticket.
The want for offspring is hardwired into humans, you won't get rid of it.

And how much suffering must be be allowed to happen to get this active goal ?
Only the suffering prior to the goal's achievement. So get crackin!

and it the price to high ?
I don't think so. Giving people a philantropic outlock is in itself a nice improvement.
:
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 9:00:43 AM
At 7/8/2015 8:46:22 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Jeremiah 4

Eh, verse 22-26 makes me sad, I wish we could all know the truth as a whole and we didn't have to argue about it or fight over it, I would like to know what it is like to be united and in one accord as an entire planet. And I'm not talking about your view or my own view, but just operating from the one truth.
All the evil, hate, backbiting, disaccord, jealousy, misunderstanding ect is very depressing to witness and more than anything I hate that we are all not united spiritually, we all are in this together here and we shouldn't be stepping on one another, we should be sharing and receiving, knowing we as individuals do not possess all truth, there is more than just physical material truth.

We don't need to reject God, spirituality or science rather we need all these things. They should work hand in hand and there is no need to reject one for the other.
Heck, both atheists and theists could build a bridge buy allowing both of these knowledge/truths to flow parallel, meaning we need to learn about our material existence as well as our spiritual existence.
We have plenty of scientific research and discovery about the material world and we have more than enough literature and testimonial evidence and support for the spiritual world and we could give and take, but that is just a pipe dream lol.

Anyways no, I do not like your interpretation of that passage, nothing about killing everyone on the planet I like, you're a weirdo. : :

It's not my interpretation. God told Noah that he was going to kill all flesh with the earth.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

It's a good thing we were created as spirit people and not flesh. The flesh is what deceived us of our true created nature.

I'm only a weirdo to God's chosen skeptics, not to those who listen intently and believe every word I speak to them is coming from the mind of God.

1 John 4:
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Do you know who "us" is in this passage?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:29:52 AM
At 7/8/2015 9:00:43 AM, lucky59 wrote:

Jeremiah 4

Anyways no, I do not like your interpretation of that passage, nothing about killing everyone on the planet I like, you're a weirdo. : :

It's not my interpretation. God told Noah that he was going to kill all flesh with the earth.

You know exactly what I meant you serial-account-maker lol, I'm talking about your personal fantasy of how God is going to kill everybody soon. And no, like I said I find nothing to like about that.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

It's a good thing we were created as spirit people and not flesh. The flesh is what deceived us of our true created nature.

I'm only a weirdo to God's chosen skeptics, not to those who listen intently and believe every word I speak to them is coming from the mind of God.

1 John 4:
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Who would you rather me believe is "us"? Because that is all that ever matters lol.
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:51:20 AM
At 7/8/2015 10:29:52 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Jeremiah 4

You know exactly what I meant you serial-account-maker lol, I'm talking about your personal fantasy of how God is going to kill everybody soon. And no, like I said I find nothing to like about that.

Genesis 6

1 John 4:

Who would you rather me believe is "us"? Because that is all that ever matters lol. : :

It's obvious you don't understand the difference between "us" and a chosen believer who listens to us.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:55:18 AM
At 7/8/2015 10:51:20 AM, lucky59 wrote:

Jeremiah 4

Genesis 6

1 John 4:

Who would you rather me believe is "us"? Because that is all that ever matters lol. : :

It's obvious you don't understand the difference between "us" and a chosen believer who listens to us.

Speak plainly BOG, what do you want....
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:56:17 AM

But what if there is afterlife, where all who die wrong way suffer? It would be better to help people to become righteous and live eternally. :)

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46
lucky59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 11:02:06 AM
At 7/8/2015 10:55:18 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Jeremiah 4

Genesis 6

1 John 4:

Speak plainly BOG, what do you want.... : :

It's not what I want. It's what God's believers listen to that's important. Most of His believers keep listening to their flesh that deceives them.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 12:59:07 PM
What planet have you been on?

The man made Gods and theories have been burning the midnight oil trying to kill off the human race.

The EVIDENCE and PROOF are EA$Y enough to see if you climb up on top of the piles of hazardous waste and garbage and if you squint your eyes just right you can see through the acid rain and air pollution and see even bigger piles of cancer causing goodies and people fighting over the great illusions that are their salvation in theory and faith.

How many of you understand where ALL the cancers and the weird birth defects come from? It's so bad that some of the poisons and other man made chemicals have caused DNA mutations that are passed on.

Cancer comes from the ENVIRONMENT.

A world of the many that are trying to kill off the human race before THE END comes and there is no more riches and fame to grab.

Heaven and HELL are NOT places unless you call the "state of mind" that they are in REAL REALITY a place between the ears.

How do I know this?

Because I can see the many in HELL that are lost and confused within their make believe and pretend realities, They don't realize that they are in HELL because they are in DENIAL of the Truth that those that Live in Heaven are aware of.

There are more that CHOOSE to believe that the END is near in one way or another that most just piss and poop in the pool of life as they are mostly just LAZY day dreamers where most were trained and programed to have security blankets, stuffed animals and such and relieve themselves in their disposable diapers until the peer pressure convinces them to "grow up" a bit more and go outside as a smart dog would.

The PROOF is all around us that most are in DENIAL of the FACTS that if the earth was a large diaper, most are doing their BE$T to try and fill it up with crap.

We have the so called christians that are waiting for some magic man to come any day now before the diaper is full and take them away in his magical flying sleigh, hey!

and we must not forget the so called science side that are trying their best to create new and better poisons and bigger explosives so that they can blow up the diaper wrapped earth before it fills to over flowing.

and the scientists are so smart that they plan on moving to another planet that they can try and see how long it takes to pollute and poison in the name of modern advancements in science.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Nicoszon_the_Great
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 1:01:13 PM

Jeremiah 4

See this is why abortion is wrong, so those babies can grow up and God can kill them for being wicked sinners.

Well this killed me, gg, game over, hahahahaha
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 1:09:27 PM

Love is worth suffering for. Thus there is something of greater value than the negative effects of suffering. Thus, if there were no humans it would be worse than if we continued the species.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 2:58:23 PM
At 7/8/2015 11:02:06 AM, lucky59 wrote:
At 7/8/2015 10:55:18 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Jeremiah 4

Genesis 6

1 John 4:

Speak plainly BOG, what do you want.... : :

It's not what I want. It's what God's believers listen to that's important. Most of His believers keep listening to their flesh that deceives them.

I don't listen to my flesh, my spirit is what I desire, it's always the spiritual things I prefer. So what is it you want here?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 3:42:48 PM
anyone else notice that MOST seem so busy trying to ignore the FACT that they may be carrying a FULL LOAD around with them in FAITH and THEORY.

I find it interesting how so called adults will act just like small children that are told that santa is not what they believe. WHAT do small children do when their fantasy and fictional realities are threatened with exposure and DEATH, oh no...

WHAT do small children do in such a predicament? They try and IGNORE and REJECT the TRUTH and REALITY that gets in the WAY of their lazy daydreams and fantasy and fictional realities.

I was having a "debate" with a 13 year old Disney princess as her 30 something parents listened as did their 4 year old son.

I was claiming that I could be a Disney princess if I wanted to as it is a world of choice and if I want to be a Disney princess I can get a nice pink dress with crown and go to Disneyland, spend my money having my pictures taken and such. This 13 year old had been to Disney in a pink dress with a crown and such.

She said that I couldn't be a Disney princess because I had a beard is what it came down to. It had nothing to do with me being a male as the male gays can be a Disney princess as long as they shave and talk in a high voice and act girly.

NOW the treat of the story. The 4 year old had sat and listened to the "debate" and he was SMART enough and un brainwashed and programed enough that he UNDERSTOOD WHAT I was saying. That it was just make believe and pretend as the RULES were VAGUE and NOT the clear HONEST Truth that CAN be SEEN IF you CHOOSE to SEE the HONEST TRUTH that is within and without YOU.

The 4 year old looked at me and spoke up and said "Be quiet, your ruining my FUN"

out of the mouths of babes...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 3:52:35 PM
At 7/8/2015 3:42:48 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
anyone else notice that MOST seem so busy trying to ignore the FACT that they may be carrying a FULL LOAD around with them in FAITH and THEORY.

I find it interesting how so called adults will act just like small children that are told that santa is not what they believe. WHAT do small children do when their fantasy and fictional realities are threatened with exposure and DEATH, oh no...

WHAT do small children do in such a predicament? They try and IGNORE and REJECT the TRUTH and REALITY that gets in the WAY of their lazy daydreams and fantasy and fictional realities.

I was having a "debate" with a 13 year old Disney princess as her 30 something parents listened as did their 4 year old son.

I was claiming that I could be a Disney princess if I wanted to as it is a world of choice and if I want to be a Disney princess I can get a nice pink dress with crown and go to Disneyland, spend my money having my pictures taken and such. This 13 year old had been to Disney in a pink dress with a crown and such.

She said that I couldn't be a Disney princess because I had a beard is what it came down to. It had nothing to do with me being a male as the male gays can be a Disney princess as long as they shave and talk in a high voice and act girly.

NOW the treat of the story. The 4 year old had sat and listened to the "debate" and he was SMART enough and un brainwashed and programed enough that he UNDERSTOOD WHAT I was saying. That it was just make believe and pretend as the RULES were VAGUE and NOT the clear HONEST Truth that CAN be SEEN IF you CHOOSE to SEE the HONEST TRUTH that is within and without YOU.

The 4 year old looked at me and spoke up and said "Be quiet, your ruining my FUN"

out of the mouths of babes...

Start by speaking for yourself rather than always for others. Adults know what they believe and how to discuss those things without pointing at other people.
Nobody listens to you because you have nothing to offer but backbiting and insulting other peoples beliefs and what they think, try becoming an adult, make up your mind what you believe (not others) and express them otherwise you are useless, and no one needs you if you are useless.
Stop pointing fingers in every post and you may earn some respect, and if you have nothing to offer then bug off.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 4:03:45 PM
yep, that is pretty much what the 4 year old thought.

that I should PLAY along and not be NO FUN.

YOU kids don't quite know how to handle the Way, the Truth and the Life when it's in your face much like the story of Jesus and the Pharisees.

ALL confused people can do is believe that all are confused to one degree or another and that there are none that can have a CLEAR understanding as a God or scientific theory might provide at a later time and place.

I AM the monster of superstition that Lives at the END of the known world.

your religious magic and scientific tricks won't work on me as I DON'T BELIEVE in them anymore then I do the easter bunny...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 7:39:24 PM
At 7/8/2015 10:56:17 AM, 12_13 wrote:

But what if there is afterlife, where all who die wrong way suffer? It would be better to help people to become righteous and live eternally. :)

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

Hi, I am from religion and I am here to "help" you.