Total Posts:248|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

how do you handle the errors in the bible?

DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse. HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions
how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.
how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.
how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well?
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 8:48:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse. HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions
how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.
how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.
how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well?

The bible does indeed have errors. I think another one is a king bought a threshing floor for one price in one book and a different price in another.

I think the most confusion comes from ignorance of what the Bible really is. A lot of denominations have taught it's a perfect book with everything you will ever need to navigate this life. As if God made it perfectly in heaven and sent it down in the grasp of doves while flying out of a rainbow.

But in reality it is not. It is a collection of books written over hundreds of years by different authors being assembled together by the Church and canonized to hold the truth about faith and who God is. Not how many horse stalls or how old someone was when they became King.

The old testament shows God's mercy and how He will always remain faithful to those that love Him. The New Testament shows God's perfection in life, and how we can live life to perfection if we believe and do as He asks.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Rubikx
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 9:49:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse. HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions
how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.

1 Kings 4:26
"Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen".
2 Chronicles 9:25
"Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen".

So kings says he has 40,000 stalls of horses used by his chariots and horsemen.
Chronicles says he has 4,000 for his horses and chariots. Meaning thats where he stores his chariots and horses.

The first is used solely for horses and the second is used for horses and chariots. They are not the same thing. So it is not a contradiction.

how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

This one is extremely complicated. If this was a mistake it was an easy one to make.

So basically King Ahab who ruled Israel had two sons (Ahaziah and Jehoram) and a daughter (Athaliah).
Ahaziah became king. Athaliah married another man named Jehoram who was the son of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah. Jehoram son of Jehoshaphat had a son name Ahaziah who also became king. Jehoram son of Ahab also became king. So basically there where two king Jehorams, two king ahaziah's who where both related to different Jehorams and both Ahaziah's where descended from King Ahab.

Also, the way 42 and 22 would have been written where very similar and if the paper was damaged or smudged it would have changed the results when copied.

I am not a bible scholar nor have I studied it in depth. But this one does appear to be a mistake, but an extremely easy one to make.

how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

The second verse is the same as the last example. I'm assuming this is just a mistype so i'm not sure what verse you're actually referring to.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well?

Because they are simple clerical errors. If you where copying a book and over years and years it was repeated again and again by different people. And one person once miswrote one character in the entire 1,189 chapter book, would you say the entire thing is false? I mean seriously we are talking hundreds, even thousands of years of copying and recopying. And because one character is miscopied the whole thing is wrong?
lucky59
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:16:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse. HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions
how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.
how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.
how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well? : :

Most of the new testament does not jive with the old testament prophecies.

The old testament prophecies do not show a man dying for our sins or a place called hell. They do not tell the reader that he has to make a choice to be saved or not.

The prophecies don't mention anything about popes, cardinals, bishops, priests, pastors or ministers being used by God to teach his people. They do mention his saints coming to speak the Law to his people, though.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 12:09:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 9:49:03 PM, Rubikx wrote:
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse. HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions
how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.

1 Kings 4:26
"Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen".
2 Chronicles 9:25
"Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen".

So kings says he has 40,000 stalls of horses used by his chariots and horsemen.
Chronicles says he has 4,000 for his horses and chariots. Meaning thats where he stores his chariots and horses.

The first is used solely for horses and the second is used for horses and chariots. They are not the same thing. So it is not a contradiction.

how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

This one is extremely complicated. If this was a mistake it was an easy one to make.

So basically King Ahab who ruled Israel had two sons (Ahaziah and Jehoram) and a daughter (Athaliah).
Ahaziah became king. Athaliah married another man named Jehoram who was the son of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah. Jehoram son of Jehoshaphat had a son name Ahaziah who also became king. Jehoram son of Ahab also became king. So basically there where two king Jehorams, two king ahaziah's who where both related to different Jehorams and both Ahaziah's where descended from King Ahab.

Also, the way 42 and 22 would have been written where very similar and if the paper was damaged or smudged it would have changed the results when copied.

I am not a bible scholar nor have I studied it in depth. But this one does appear to be a mistake, but an extremely easy one to make.

how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

The second verse is the same as the last example. I'm assuming this is just a mistype so i'm not sure what verse you're actually referring to.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well?

Because they are simple clerical errors. If you where copying a book and over years and years it was repeated again and again by different people. And one person once miswrote one character in the entire 1,189 chapter book, would you say the entire thing is false? I mean seriously we are talking hundreds, even thousands of years of copying and recopying. And because one character is miscopied the whole thing is wrong?

you're right. how many baths 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 8:26 vs II chronicles 4:5

however are you really going to tell me that solomon needed 4000 stalls for his horses, and another 36,000 stalls for his horses and chariots? why would he need 9 times more stalls to hold the chariots?

it's too bad you had to resort to a argument of genetics fallacy, i was pointing out 3 specific errors, that are easily seen, with no interpretation needed for them. there are many websites dedicated to finding more and more errors in the bible.

however i do admit to "poisoning the well", since i've listed 3 clear errors, if you say that those are the only 3 then i would recommend you actually reading the bible a lot more
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:21:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 10:16:36 PM, lucky59 wrote:
Most of the new testament does not jive with the old testament prophecies.

The old testament prophecies do not show a man dying for our sins or a place called hell. They do not tell the reader that he has to make a choice to be saved or not.

The prophecies don't mention anything about popes, cardinals, bishops, priests, pastors or ministers being used by God to teach his people. They do mention his saints coming to speak the Law to his people, though.

Hello, lucky59! You made a few arguments which I would like to address.

1. The OT does not mention hell
Let's see if there are any Old Testament verses about hell.

28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
29 For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.
30 For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water.
31 And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.

(Isaiah 1:28-31 KJV)

Hmm... the transgressors and sinners would be burnt together. Sounds like hell, doesn't it?

And hell was also directly mentioned in Deuteronomy.

For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

(Deuteronomy 32:22 KJV)

2. The OT does not predict Jesus dying for sins

Actually, it does. Here"s a verse from Isaiah:

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;

upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned"every one"to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
9 And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong,
because he poured out his soul to death
and was numbered with the transgressors;
yet he bore the sin of many,
and makes intercession for the transgressors.


(Isaiah 53:5-12 ESV, EMPHASIS ADDED)

There are many more OT prophecies fulfilled by Jesus Christ. I will address your other points in a later post.

Sources:

http://christianity.about.com...
https://kjvfortruth.wordpress.com...
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:25:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Please note that the post above was corrupted by a weird quote mark glitch. I did not intentionally change the Bible to add quotation marks. Sorry about the glitch, though.

Airmax might want to come and edit the post above to fix this problem.
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:29:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
As you can see from one of my posts (two posts above), the OT does include prophecies about Christ's atonement of our sins, and at the same time also talks about hell. Therefore, objecting to the Bible based on the grounds that the OT does not reference hell, or that the OT does not include prophecies about Christ, is not based on factually sound evidence.
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:46:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 10:16:36 PM, lucky59 wrote:

Most of the new testament does not jive with the old testament prophecies.

The old testament prophecies do not show a man dying for our sins or a place called hell. They do not tell the reader that he has to make a choice to be saved or not.

The prophecies don't mention anything about popes, cardinals, bishops, priests, pastors or ministers being used by God to teach his people. They do mention his saints coming to speak the Law to his people, though.

Hello again, lucky59! I will continue to try and provide sound rebuttals to your arguments based on sound logic and biblical evidence. I believe that some of your arguments are quite interesting and therefore worthy of discussion.

Your argument that the OT does not tell that people have to choose to be saved appears to be correct. However, that does not disprove the NT. Here's why.

We need to first understand that the G-d of the Bible works on a convenential basis. He gives people a group of rules--a covenant--then things change, and He creates a new covenant which might obsolete the old. After Christ came and died for the sins of people, He created a eternal covenant based on grace through faith. These covenants are kind of like contracts in that they are agreements between G-d and people.

Throughout the Bible, situations have changed multiple times, and G-d gave many new covenants.

G-d gave Adam a covenant which consisted only of "don't eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge".

Then, all kinds of changes went on, prompting G-d to create the old covenant given to Moses.

(there were a lot of other covenants, this is just a rough idea)

Eventually, the messiah would come and a new covenant would set in place. This was predicted in the OT (Jer. 31:31, 33).

And the messiah did come, and He set in place the new covenant predicted in the OT. He also set in place the covenant of grace, which was the grace through faith thing lucky59 was talking about.

Yes, the OT did not say that people choose to be saved; but it did say that G-d would set in place new rules. And these new rules involve people getting saved by believing.
:) nac
lucky59
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 7:42:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 3:21:18 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 7/8/2015 10:16:36 PM, lucky59 wrote:
Most of the new testament does not jive with the old testament prophecies.

The old testament prophecies do not show a man dying for our sins or a place called hell. They do not tell the reader that he has to make a choice to be saved or not.

The prophecies don't mention anything about popes, cardinals, bishops, priests, pastors or ministers being used by God to teach his people. They do mention his saints coming to speak the Law to his people, though.

Hello, lucky59! You made a few arguments which I would like to address.

1. The OT does not mention hell
Let's see if there are any Old Testament verses about hell.
"
None of these prophecies you showed here are about a place called hell. It's about all the flesh of man perishing in this world by the end of this first age. No flesh will escape this world. Only the spiritual beings escape and go on to the New Heaven and Earth.

28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
29 For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.
30 For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water.
31 And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.

(Isaiah 1:28-31 KJV)

Hmm... the transgressors and sinners would be burnt together. Sounds like hell, doesn't it?

And hell was also directly mentioned in Deuteronomy.


No, Hell was not mentioned anywhere in the old testament prophecies.

For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

(Deuteronomy 32:22 KJV)

2. The OT does not predict Jesus dying for sins

Actually, it does. Here"s a verse from Isaiah:


This is not a true prophecy at all. It has been tainted by Christians who added the last part to Isaiah. What this prophecy is about is the first of God's saints being killed for testifying to the Word of the Lord. There were many saints who came after the first saint who preached the true gospel until they were killed by antichrists ( religious Jews and Christians. } who hated the Truth.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;

upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned"every one"to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
9 And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong,
because he poured out his soul to death
and was numbered with the transgressors;
yet he bore the sin of many,
and makes intercession for the transgressors.


(Isaiah 53:5-12 ESV, EMPHASIS ADDED)

There are many more OT prophecies fulfilled by Jesus Christ. I will address your other points in a later post.

Sources:

http://christianity.about.com...
https://kjvfortruth.wordpress.com...
lucky59
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 7:47:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 3:46:24 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 7/8/2015 10:16:36 PM, lucky59 wrote:

Most of the new testament does not jive with the old testament prophecies.

The old testament prophecies do not show a man dying for our sins or a place called hell. They do not tell the reader that he has to make a choice to be saved or not.

The prophecies don't mention anything about popes, cardinals, bishops, priests, pastors or ministers being used by God to teach his people. They do mention his saints coming to speak the Law to his people, though.

Hello again, lucky59! I will continue to try and provide sound rebuttals to your arguments based on sound logic and biblical evidence. I believe that some of your arguments are quite interesting and therefore worthy of discussion.

Your argument that the OT does not tell that people have to choose to be saved appears to be correct. However, that does not disprove the NT. Here's why.

We need to first understand that the G-d of the Bible works on a convenential basis. He gives people a group of rules--a covenant--then things change, and He creates a new covenant which might obsolete the old. After Christ came and died for the sins of people, He created a eternal covenant based on grace through faith. These covenants are kind of like contracts in that they are agreements between G-d and people.

Throughout the Bible, situations have changed multiple times, and G-d gave many new covenants.

G-d gave Adam a covenant which consisted only of "don't eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge".

Then, all kinds of changes went on, prompting G-d to create the old covenant given to Moses.

(there were a lot of other covenants, this is just a rough idea)

Eventually, the messiah would come and a new covenant would set in place. This was predicted in the OT (Jer. 31:31, 33).

And the messiah did come, and He set in place the new covenant predicted in the OT. He also set in place the covenant of grace, which was the grace through faith thing lucky59 was talking about.

Yes, the OT did not say that people choose to be saved; but it did say that G-d would set in place new rules. And these new rules involve people getting saved by believing. : :

Nothing has changed in God's eternal plan. The old covenant is still in effect until the end of this age. Those of us who were enlightened in this first age learned about the new covenant that will replace the old covenant but not until after the destruction of the old heaven and earth we're living on today.

Matthew 24
14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.

Isaiah 24
18: He who flees at the sound of the terror shall fall into the pit; and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble.
19: The earth is utterly broken, the earth is rent asunder, the earth is violently shaken.
20: The earth staggers like a drunken man, it sways like a hut; its transgression lies heavy upon it, and it falls, and will not rise again.

Isaiah 66
15: "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the stormwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16: For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

So before the new covenant takes effect, this earth will be shaken and burned up according to God's plan. This hasn't happened yet.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 8:41:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
how do you handle the errors in the bible?

EE: in much the same way that I handle the errors in other pagan inspired stories such as the many x-mas themes, easter bunny themes and other popular deceptions and lies called good.

some might claim that I AM saying that the "scriptures" in their many many many forms and variations on a "special theme" are a complete fraud.

I AM not claiming that at all.

what I AM saying is that it is the fakes that read it that are in ERROR as they just REJECT and IGNORE what don't fit in with their personal versions of make believe and pretend reality.

I find the "scriptures" to be a great read and filled with great information about how there are those of the MANY and those of the few.

that MOST prefer their deceptions and lies called good more so then the TRUTH that clearly shows the deceptions and lies for what they are in 100% HONEST Truth that is not subjective.

what is a simple example of a Truth that is not subjective?

that MOST that play games of chance will NOT beat the known odds.

That invisible or visible (sticks stuck in the mud and such) Gods , special lucky charms, scientific theories no matter how many BIG heads try and beat the known odds and other such make believe and pretend that the delusional have about special LAZY daydreaming ways to GO TO THE FRONT of the LINE

will NOT WORK as daydreamed and planned when YOU look at the FACT that YOU are nothing SPECIAL when the 100% HONEST TRUTH measures and weighs you.

ERRORS in the bible you say?

seems that the proof, evidence and facts show that it is HUMAN ERROR as I don't see any ERRORS in the scriptures when I VIEW them for what they are.

a BUNCH of personal opinions put together over the years to create the greatest selling book in the world in it's many flavors.

It is the greatest work of GREAT FICTION ever invented by man.

I give it a thumbs up

I give those of the many a thumbs down as they are in ERROR and DENIAL of the 100% Honest Truth.

that they need to GROW UP and leave the childish ways of make believe and pretend realities behind them.
it IS a PERSONAL CHOICE that is made with FREE WILL.

even the scriptures say that only a FEW will understand the Truth that the scriptures put forth in concepts that humans might understand.

even a dog has free will choice.

some dogs are smarter then others.

same with people

EE: most overly wonderful and then some and a super scientist too boot.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
lucky59
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 9:52:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 8:41:27 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
how do you handle the errors in the bible?

EE: in much the same way that I handle the errors in other pagan inspired stories such as the many x-mas themes, easter bunny themes and other popular deceptions and lies called good.

some might claim that I AM saying that the "scriptures" in their many many many forms and variations on a "special theme" are a complete fraud.

I AM not claiming that at all.

what I AM saying is that it is the fakes that read it that are in ERROR as they just REJECT and IGNORE what don't fit in with their personal versions of make believe and pretend reality.

I find the "scriptures" to be a great read and filled with great information about how there are those of the MANY and those of the few.

that MOST prefer their deceptions and lies called good more so then the TRUTH that clearly shows the deceptions and lies for what they are in 100% HONEST Truth that is not subjective.

what is a simple example of a Truth that is not subjective?

that MOST that play games of chance will NOT beat the known odds.

That invisible or visible (sticks stuck in the mud and such) Gods , special lucky charms, scientific theories no matter how many BIG heads try and beat the known odds and other such make believe and pretend that the delusional have about special LAZY daydreaming ways to GO TO THE FRONT of the LINE

will NOT WORK as daydreamed and planned when YOU look at the FACT that YOU are nothing SPECIAL when the 100% HONEST TRUTH measures and weighs you.

ERRORS in the bible you say?

seems that the proof, evidence and facts show that it is HUMAN ERROR as I don't see any ERRORS in the scriptures when I VIEW them for what they are.

a BUNCH of personal opinions put together over the years to create the greatest selling book in the world in it's many flavors.

It is the greatest work of GREAT FICTION ever invented by man.

I give it a thumbs up

I give those of the many a thumbs down as they are in ERROR and DENIAL of the 100% Honest Truth.

that they need to GROW UP and leave the childish ways of make believe and pretend realities behind them.
it IS a PERSONAL CHOICE that is made with FREE WILL.

even the scriptures say that only a FEW will understand the Truth that the scriptures put forth in concepts that humans might understand.

even a dog has free will choice.

some dogs are smarter then others.

same with people

EE: most overly wonderful and then some and a super scientist too boot. : :

If you read the Bible without the authority of our Creator, you will be greatly deceived by it. If you know our Creator, then you will understand the future. Tell me about the future.
Rubikx
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 10:55:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 12:09:57 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 7/8/2015 9:49:03 PM, Rubikx wrote:
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse. HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions
how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.

1 Kings 4:26
"Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen".
2 Chronicles 9:25
"Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen".

So kings says he has 40,000 stalls of horses used by his chariots and horsemen.
Chronicles says he has 4,000 for his horses and chariots. Meaning thats where he stores his chariots and horses.

The first is used solely for horses and the second is used for horses and chariots. They are not the same thing. So it is not a contradiction.

how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

This one is extremely complicated. If this was a mistake it was an easy one to make.

So basically King Ahab who ruled Israel had two sons (Ahaziah and Jehoram) and a daughter (Athaliah).
Ahaziah became king. Athaliah married another man named Jehoram who was the son of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah. Jehoram son of Jehoshaphat had a son name Ahaziah who also became king. Jehoram son of Ahab also became king. So basically there where two king Jehorams, two king ahaziah's who where both related to different Jehorams and both Ahaziah's where descended from King Ahab.

Also, the way 42 and 22 would have been written where very similar and if the paper was damaged or smudged it would have changed the results when copied.

I am not a bible scholar nor have I studied it in depth. But this one does appear to be a mistake, but an extremely easy one to make.

how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

The second verse is the same as the last example. I'm assuming this is just a mistype so i'm not sure what verse you're actually referring to.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well?

Because they are simple clerical errors. If you where copying a book and over years and years it was repeated again and again by different people. And one person once miswrote one character in the entire 1,189 chapter book, would you say the entire thing is false? I mean seriously we are talking hundreds, even thousands of years of copying and recopying. And because one character is miscopied the whole thing is wrong?

you're right. how many baths 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 8:26 vs II chronicles 4:5
1 Kings 7:26
"And it was an hand breadth thick, and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies: it contained two thousand baths."
2 Chronicles 4:5
"And the thickness of it was an handbreadth, and the brim of it like the work of the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies; and it received and held three thousand baths."

The first verse said it contained 2,000 baths. It doesn't say it can't hold more.
The second verse says it it received and held 3,000 meaning it wouldn't hold more than 3,000. So both are right, it could hold up to 3,000 baths but only contained 2,000.

however are you really going to tell me that solomon needed 4000 stalls for his horses, and another 36,000 stalls for his horses and chariots? why would he need 9 times more stalls to hold the chariots?

I think you misread the verses. It was 40,000 for his horses, and 4,000 for his chariots.

it's too bad you had to resort to a argument of genetics fallacy, i was pointing out 3 specific errors, that are easily seen, with no interpretation needed for them. there are many websites dedicated to finding more and more errors in the bible.

Why is it too bad? I mean its a reasonable explanation as to why, if it is a mistake, it would have happened.

however i do admit to "poisoning the well", since i've listed 3 clear errors, if you say that those are the only 3 then i would recommend you actually reading the bible a lot more

I didn't say they where the only three "errors". What I'm saying is that not everything you said is a contradiction. And even if there are a few numbers that are wrong it doesn't discredit the whole thing.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 11:35:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 10:55:48 AM, Rubikx wrote:
The first verse said it contained 2,000 baths. It doesn't say it can't hold more.
The second verse says it it received and held 3,000 meaning it wouldn't hold more than 3,000. So both are right, it could hold up to 3,000 baths but only contained 2,000.

i have no way of knowing what the actual dimentions of the pool was, since a cubit isn't an exact unit of measurement, nor is a bath for that matter. however if you can find the exact sizes in metric for both cubit and bath, it should be fairly easy to figure out whether 3000 baths could fit in the pool. i tried to find this info out on my own, but i'm not confident in the results, however using the smallest # for cubits and the largest # for baths even 2000 wouldn't have fit in the pool

however are you really going to tell me that solomon needed 4000 stalls for his horses and chariots, and another 36,000 stalls for his horses ? why would he need 9 times more horses, and why isn't that mentioned in either text? (CORRECTED)

it's too bad you had to resort to a argument of genetics fallacy, i was pointing out 3 specific errors, that are easily seen, with no interpretation needed for them. there are many websites dedicated to finding more and more errors in the bible.

Why is it too bad? I mean its a reasonable explanation as to why, if it is a mistake, it would have happened.
I didn't say they where the only three "errors". What I'm saying is that not everything you said is a contradiction. And even if there are a few numbers that are wrong it doesn't discredit the whole thing.

you applied the same fallacy, you assume the rest of the bible is true without much (if any) evidence. while i'm saying that if some of the details are wrong, then the rest of the book should be questioned. for instance if an eye witness claimed an accident happened at 1pm and it was later proven to happen at 11pm, then wouldn't the best thing to do is scrutinize the witness further to find out whether it was a mistake, or deliberate perjury?

it's too bad you didn't bother to come up with an excuse for the king's age.
i'll assume that you came to the same conclusion as i did for it.
by the way, how many errors do you need to see in a document before you are willing to admit, that it contains faulty information?
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 12:01:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
found another error, this 1 involves some reading

mark 2:25-26
25 And he (JESUS) said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?

HOWEVER in 1 Samuel 21:1-3 it was Abiathar's father Ahimelech

1 Then came David to Nob to Ahimelech the priest: and Ahimelech was afraid at the meeting of David, and said unto him, Why art thou alone, and no man with thee?
2 And David said unto Ahimelech the priest, The king hath commanded me a business, and hath said unto me, Let no man know any thing of the business whereabout I send thee, and what I have commanded thee: and I have appointed my servants to such and such a place.
3 Now therefore what is under thine hand? give me five loaves of bread in mine hand, or what there is present.

so the question is how could jesus make this error?
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 12:51:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 9:52:55 AM, lucky59 wrote:
At 7/9/2015 8:41:27 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
how do you handle the errors in the bible?

EE: in much the same way that I handle the errors in other pagan inspired stories such as the many x-mas themes, easter bunny themes and other popular deceptions and lies called good.

some might claim that I AM saying that the "scriptures" in their many many many forms and variations on a "special theme" are a complete fraud.

I AM not claiming that at all.

what I AM saying is that it is the fakes that read it that are in ERROR as they just REJECT and IGNORE what don't fit in with their personal versions of make believe and pretend reality.

I find the "scriptures" to be a great read and filled with great information about how there are those of the MANY and those of the few.

that MOST prefer their deceptions and lies called good more so then the TRUTH that clearly shows the deceptions and lies for what they are in 100% HONEST Truth that is not subjective.

what is a simple example of a Truth that is not subjective?

that MOST that play games of chance will NOT beat the known odds.

That invisible or visible (sticks stuck in the mud and such) Gods , special lucky charms, scientific theories no matter how many BIG heads try and beat the known odds and other such make believe and pretend that the delusional have about special LAZY daydreaming ways to GO TO THE FRONT of the LINE

will NOT WORK as daydreamed and planned when YOU look at the FACT that YOU are nothing SPECIAL when the 100% HONEST TRUTH measures and weighs you.

ERRORS in the bible you say?

seems that the proof, evidence and facts show that it is HUMAN ERROR as I don't see any ERRORS in the scriptures when I VIEW them for what they are.

a BUNCH of personal opinions put together over the years to create the greatest selling book in the world in it's many flavors.

It is the greatest work of GREAT FICTION ever invented by man.

I give it a thumbs up

I give those of the many a thumbs down as they are in ERROR and DENIAL of the 100% Honest Truth.

that they need to GROW UP and leave the childish ways of make believe and pretend realities behind them.
it IS a PERSONAL CHOICE that is made with FREE WILL.

even the scriptures say that only a FEW will understand the Truth that the scriptures put forth in concepts that humans might understand.

even a dog has free will choice.

some dogs are smarter then others.

same with people

EE: most overly wonderful and then some and a super scientist too boot. : :

If you read the Bible without the authority of our Creator, you will be greatly deceived by it. If you know our Creator, then you will understand the future. Tell me about the future.

There will be wars and rumors of wars
There is NOTHING new under the sun.
There will be hungry and homeless people with plenty of food being thrown away and plenty of empty shelter sitting empty as it's more profitable.

Want to know more about the future?

How about we talk about all the garbage, poisons and such that lazy thinking mankind is piling up for the children of the FUTURE.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 12:55:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
how do you handle the errors in the bible?

It is easy, because there are no proven errors. More difficult may be some wrong interpretations of it. :)

For example in your first pathetic attempt, you should really read what they said and pay attention.

I Kings 4:26: And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots
II Chronicles 9:25: And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots

Don"t you see any difference? 40000 stalls for horses, 4000 stalls for horses and chariots. Apparently 4000 of 40000 were larger, because chariots fit to there also.

And the second problem is interesting, because it depends on what translation you use.

Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.
II Chronicles 22:2 (King James)
A son of twenty and two years is Ahaziah in his reigning, and one year he hath reigned in Jerusalem, and the name of his mother is Athaliah daughter of Omri;
II Chronicles 22:2 (Young"s literal)

But it may be possible that Ahaziah ruled two times, when he was 22 and when he was 42. And then they both may be correct.

And simple answer for your third problem is, if container can take 3000 something, it can take also 2000 something. They both can be correct, because I Kings 7:26 doesn"t say that only 2000 baths fit to the container.

And it was an hand breadth thick, and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies: it contained two thousand baths.
I Kings 7:26

And the thickness of it was an handbreadth, and the brim of it like the work of the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies; and it received and held three thousand baths.
2 Chronicles 4:5

But does it really matter if I show that all problems with the Bible are artificial and based on interpretation that makes the story look contradictory or otherwise wrong? Would you want to live according to God"s will, if you would understand Bible without any contradictions? I don"t think so, therefore this is not very useful.

Bible is contradictory, if person wants to see it contradictory. What is your reason to want to see it contradictory?
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 12:58:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is a good thing that the bible contains errors, lest people fall into the trap of worshiping creation instead of the creator.

Idolatry of scripture is a real thing.

However, there is a reason these scriptures have been handed down for thousands of years by people who were willing to sacrifice their lives in order to preserve it. There is more to these scriptures than meets the idea, and I am a witness to it.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 1:25:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
12_13 wrote
Bible is contradictory, if person wants to see it contradictory. What is your reason to want to see it contradictory?

At 7/9/2015 12:58:05 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
It is a good thing that the bible contains errors, lest people fall into the trap of worshiping creation instead of the creator.

Idolatry of scripture is a real thing.

However, there is a reason these scriptures have been handed down for thousands of years by people who were willing to sacrifice their lives in order to preserve it. There is more to these scriptures than meets the idea, and I am a witness to it.

i thought it was pretty obvious, the bible clearly says in 1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the authour of confusion, but of peace, as in all Churches of the Saints.
but if that was true, then why is the bible 1 of the most confusing books in the world?
even if i did believe that the GOD of the bible was real, i couldn't stomach worshiping such a blood thirsty thug, that would tell his followers to kill their own children.

i would highly encourage everyone to actually read the bible, and find out the true nature of the GOD the bible teaches.

as for people dying for it, is it really so hard for you to think up a scenario where someone could be martyred for something they didn't really believe?
if you can't then watch the following clip, tracie explains 3 scenarios very well, where that could happen https://www.youtube.com...
ethang5
Posts: 4,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 2:29:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 1:25:22 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:

12_13 wrote

Bible is contradictory, if person wants to see it contradictory. What is your reason to want to see it contradictory?

At 7/9/2015 12:58:05 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

It is a good thing that the bible contains errors, lest people fall into the trap of worshiping creation instead of the creator.

Idolatry of scripture is a real thing.

However, there is a reason these scriptures have been handed down for thousands of years by people who were willing to sacrifice their lives in order to preserve it. There is more to these scriptures than meets the idea, and I am a witness to it.

i thought it was pretty obvious, the bible clearly says in 1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the authour of confusion, but of peace, as in all Churches of the Saints.
but if that was true, then why is the bible 1 of the most confusing books in the world?

The preaching of the Cross is to them that perish, foolishness.

even if i did believe that the GOD of the bible was real, i couldn't stomach worshiping such a blood thirsty thug, that would tell his followers to kill their own children.

I'm sure the God of the Bible is impressed with your righteousness.

i would highly encourage everyone to actually read the bible, and find out the true nature of the GOD the bible teaches.

I have read it cover to cover several times, and I love and adore Him.

as for people dying for it, is it really so hard for you to think up a scenario where someone could be martyred for something they didn't really believe?

It seems that it would be more likely, and more reasonable, to assume that they died for something they believed.

if you can't then watch the following clip, tracie explains 3 scenarios very well, where that could happen https://www.youtube.com...

All sorts of things could happen. But we both know that not everything that can happen, happens. And showing that something could happen does not prove that it did happen.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 2:45:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse. HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions
how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.
how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.
how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well?

LOL---You have not even scratched the surface of the THOUSANDS of contradictions that plague the Bible. And also serve as a grave problem for any of those literalists who absurdly claim it to be the inerrant work of god. And thus deny it to be what it really is: and that is a compendium of books and stories that was never intended to be compiled as a whole when they were originally penned.

A book written over the period of about 15 decades; by dozens of authors--many of whom are NOT the same as the title of their respective books.

A book that has been translated many times, Beginning from the original Hebrew and Aramaic. And then being largely corrupted by translations in Gree, and then Latin, and then German and English and all of those other languages we see it in today.

A book written NOT by a god, but rather by an ancient, largely-illiterate, nomadic, oft-oppressed Middle Easter peoples. IN their attempts to simply convey their IDEAS of what they would like their ideal god to be like. And, oh yes---they had their own personal and theology-driven agendas to convey to the readers.

Here are a few more mistakes and contradictions from the holy book. LOL. (Hope you have a lot of time..the list IS a long one, amigo!)

PS..wouldn't ya think that a god capable of creating an entire Universe would have been a bit better of an editor?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
ethang5
Posts: 4,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 2:59:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:

How do you handle the errors in the bible?

The same way I handle birds in outer space.

there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse.

lol. Let me guess, you're the one judging whether their replies are excuses right?

HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions

how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.

Now to avoid having you say I've given you an excuse, I'll ask you this question. Do you know the period each book is specifying? I have a book in my house which says the American flag has 13 stars. Yet another says the same flag has 50 stars. Mistake?

how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

For one who claims he has read the Bible, you show very little respect for understanding. Simple reading isn't enough. But I can tell you didn't read the Bible. You read excerpts of the Bible on some atheist website. The answer is easy and obvious, but only to those who actually read trying to understand.

2Ki 8:28 - And he went with Joram the son of Ahab to the war against Hazael king of Syria in Ramothgilead; and the Syrians wounded Joram.

Really? Joram was wounded in war?

2Ki 8:29 - And king Joram went back to be healed in Jezreel of the wounds which the Syrians had given him at Ramah, when he fought against Hazael king of Syria. And Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah went down to see Joram the son of Ahab in Jezreel, because he was sick.

Really? Joram was wounded in war and sick? Wonder who took care of the business of the kingdom while he was incapacitated? Hmmmmmm.

Because the story is fleshed out in chapter 9 (Biblical flashback) and you stopped reading at chapter 8, you are confused. Next time, read from the book itself, not just the excerpt on the biased website.

how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

II Chronicles 22:2 says nothing about baths or molten seas.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well?

Have you established that the Bible has simple clerical errors, or have you just shown us that you are young and not yet that good at comprehension?

Dan, I know to you these "errors" seem new and airtight. They aren't. You may have been a little rash in coming to your conclusions.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:13:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 2:29:59 PM, ethang5 wrote:

I have read it cover to cover several times, and I love and adore Him.

Do you love and adore Hitler, too? Or, didn't he mass murdere enough people to warrant the same level of adoration as your God?

It seems that it would be more likely, and more reasonable, to assume that they died for something they believed.

Dying for an irrational belief is reasonable? In what universe?

if you can't then watch the following clip, tracie explains 3 scenarios very well, where that could happen https://www.youtube.com...

All sorts of things could happen. But we both know that not everything that can happen, happens. And showing that something could happen does not prove that it did happen.

Staggering intellect. I'm absolutely baffled.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Rubikx
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:41:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 11:35:27 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 7/9/2015 10:55:48 AM, Rubikx wrote:
The first verse said it contained 2,000 baths. It doesn't say it can't hold more.
The second verse says it it received and held 3,000 meaning it wouldn't hold more than 3,000. So both are right, it could hold up to 3,000 baths but only contained 2,000.

i have no way of knowing what the actual dimentions of the pool was, since a cubit isn't an exact unit of measurement, nor is a bath for that matter. however if you can find the exact sizes in metric for both cubit and bath, it should be fairly easy to figure out whether 3000 baths could fit in the pool. i tried to find this info out on my own, but i'm not confident in the results, however using the smallest # for cubits and the largest # for baths even 2000 wouldn't have fit in the pool

I couldn't find a value for a bath, so it could be big or it could be small. There is no way of knowing, so 2,000 or 3,000 baths could still be reasonable. As for the cubit it was just the tip of the elbow to the tip of the fingers, so not incredibly accurate either.

however are you really going to tell me that solomon needed 4000 stalls for his horses and chariots, and another 36,000 stalls for his horses ? why would he need 9 times more horses, and why isn't that mentioned in either text? (CORRECTED)

it's too bad you had to resort to a argument of genetics fallacy, i was pointing out 3 specific errors, that are easily seen, with no interpretation needed for them. there are many websites dedicated to finding more and more errors in the bible.

Why is it too bad? I mean its a reasonable explanation as to why, if it is a mistake, it would have happened.
I didn't say they where the only three "errors". What I'm saying is that not everything you said is a contradiction. And even if there are a few numbers that are wrong it doesn't discredit the whole thing.

you applied the same fallacy, you assume the rest of the bible is true without much (if any) evidence. while i'm saying that if some of the details are wrong, then the rest of the book should be questioned. for instance if an eye witness claimed an accident happened at 1pm and it was later proven to happen at 11pm, then wouldn't the best thing to do is scrutinize the witness further to find out whether it was a mistake, or deliberate perjury?

Yes, obviously. But if the witness had two identical clocks that said different times wouldn't that explain his answer as a simple mistake rather than an intentional lie.

it's too bad you didn't bother to come up with an excuse for the king's age.
Yes, there may still be an explanation. I just couldn't find one, but I am not a pastor nor a bible expert.

i'll assume that you came to the same conclusion as i did for it.
by the way, how many errors do you need to see in a document before you are willing to admit, that it contains faulty information?

Personally I had not spent a whole lot of time considering it, but I never expected it to be 100%. Considering how many years have passed and how many people have copied and translated it there where bound to be minor errors.

But as you said its faulty, it was a mistake. And little mistakes like how old a king was or how many horses he had aren't really justification for claiming that the entire thing is fictional.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:49:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 2:59:52 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
How do you handle the errors in the bible?
The same way I handle birds in outer space.

i think the answer you should have written is poorly, because i see no evidence that anything you claim is valid proof that the bible doesn't have errors.
further more it's a red herring to think just because other parts of the bible may be true and verifiable that we are to assume everything else in the bible is as well.

i hope that someday you will consider the possibility that what you may consider to be a flawless book, was in fact written by men, translated by men, and copied by men, so the likely hood that there are errors in it is possible, if not likely.

as for the nature of GOD it is a simple question, if your GOD appeared before you and asked you to kill someone, would you do it?
if you say yes, then how would you be much different than most of the other people that kill in the name of their GOD.
if you say no, then congrats and welcome to humanity.
ethang5
Posts: 4,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:53:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 3:13:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/9/2015 2:29:59 PM, ethang5 wrote:

I have read it cover to cover several times, and I love and adore Him.

Do you love and adore Hitler, too?

No. You have Hitler's moral system. Perhaps you love him?

Or, didn't he mass murdere enough people to warrant the same level of adoration as your God?

You say it so it must be true. How does it feel to be logic free?

It seems that it would be more likely, and more reasonable, to assume that they died for something they believed.

Dying for an irrational belief is reasonable? In what universe?

You miss the point as usual. He said that perhaps people died for a belief they did not believe. I think it is far more reasonable to think that people die for beliefs the DO believe. Don't you get tired of being told you've misunderstood? Can your reading comprehension really be that poor?

if you can't then watch the following clip, tracie explains 3 scenarios very well, where that could happen https://www.youtube.com...

All sorts of things could happen. But we both know that not everything that can happen, happens. And showing that something could happen does not prove that it did happen.

Staggering intellect. I'm absolutely baffled.

Tell us something we don't know.
kp98
Posts: 729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 3:57:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In case its not obvious, I am a non-believer with a deep interest in the history, present state and future of religion. The bible is not a history text book - it is obviously deeply flawed in its surface meaning - but by reading between the lines we can learn a lot about the beliefs and politics of the period and there is hardly any other comparable source.

Generally, mistakes in the Bible are not simople oversights but indicate something more interesting. For example, the disagreements betwee Gen 1 and Gen 2 indicate the Bible contains multiple and occasionally contradictory strands which were woven together.

It seems a commitee must have been involved, and may be some factional horse trading about what got put in! It seems that the problem the editors faced was that if there were two (or more) versions of the same thing, they both had to be included to keep everyone happy.

Many contradictions are found between Chronicles and the earlier histories, of which Chronicles is a later rewrite. Bluntly, the chronicler was not politically neutral and adjusted the story when it suited him. In particular he was keen to play up the importance of Judah and the house of David. Presumably that was his purpose in writing Chronicles.

The most glaring inconsistency is between the nativities of Matthew and Luke which have hardly anything in common. Quite simply it shows at least one of the accounts was made up, and quite possibly both of them were.

There are of course too many examples to discuss them here.

Such inconsistencies (I won't call them errors) in the Bible are very useful in trying to make sense of the text as the work of people writing with a definite, but sometimes not obvious, purpose.
jkerr3
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 4:18:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/8/2015 8:48:36 PM, jharry wrote:
At 7/8/2015 7:46:12 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
there are many errors in the bible? most people i've asked come up with excuse after excuse. HOWEVER, if you know anyone who thinks the bible is 'the word of GOD", and flawless. then have them answer these simple questions
how many horse stalls did solomon have 4 or 40 (thousand)?
I Kings 4:26 vs II Chronicles 9:25.
how old was ahaziah when he became king 42 or 22?
II Kings 8:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.
how many baths fit in the molten sea 2 or 3 (thousand)?
I Kings 7:26 vs II Chronicles 22:2.

if the bible has simple clerical errors, then how do you know it doesn't have other errors as well?

The bible does indeed have errors. I think another one is a king bought a threshing floor for one price in one book and a different price in another.

I think the most confusion comes from ignorance of what the Bible really is. A lot of denominations have taught it's a perfect book with everything you will ever need to navigate this life. As if God made it perfectly in heaven and sent it down in the grasp of doves while flying out of a rainbow.

But in reality it is not. It is a collection of books written over hundreds of years by different authors being assembled together by the Church and canonized to hold the truth about faith and who God is. Not how many horse stalls or how old someone was when they became King.

The old testament shows God's mercy and how He will always remain faithful to those that love Him. The New Testament shows God's perfection in life, and how we can live life to perfection if we believe and do as He asks.

So essentially your saying the bible was written by regular humans and not by God himself is that correct?
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 9:07:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/9/2015 7:42:01 AM, lucky59 wrote:
At 7/9/2015 3:21:18 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 7/8/2015 10:16:36 PM, lucky59 wrote:
Most of the new testament does not jive with the old testament prophecies.

The old testament prophecies do not show a man dying for our sins or a place called hell. They do not tell the reader that he has to make a choice to be saved or not.

The prophecies don't mention anything about popes, cardinals, bishops, priests, pastors or ministers being used by God to teach his people. They do mention his saints coming to speak the Law to his people, though.

Hello, lucky59! You made a few arguments which I would like to address.

1. The OT does not mention hell
Let's see if there are any Old Testament verses about hell.
"
None of these prophecies you showed here are about a place called hell. It's about all the flesh of man perishing in this world by the end of this first age. No flesh will escape this world. Only the spiritual beings escape and go on to the New Heaven and Earth.

28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
29 For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.
30 For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water.
31 And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.

(Isaiah 1:28-31 KJV)

Hmm... the transgressors and sinners would be burnt together. Sounds like hell, doesn't it?

And hell was also directly mentioned in Deuteronomy.


No, Hell was not mentioned anywhere in the old testament prophecies.

For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

(Deuteronomy 32:22 KJV)

2. The OT does not predict Jesus dying for sins

Actually, it does. Here"s a verse from Isaiah:


This is not a true prophecy at all. It has been tainted by Christians who added the last part to Isaiah. What this prophecy is about is the first of God's saints being killed for testifying to the Word of the Lord. There were many saints who came after the first saint who preached the true gospel until they were killed by antichrists ( religious Jews and Christians. } who hated the Truth.

Do you have proof that such prophecies were actually added later on? After all, the burden of proof is on you to do so.


5 But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;

upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned"every one"to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
9 And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong,
because he poured out his soul to death
and was numbered with the transgressors;
yet he bore the sin of many,
and makes intercession for the transgressors.


(Isaiah 53:5-12 ESV, EMPHASIS ADDED)

There are many more OT prophecies fulfilled by Jesus Christ. I will address your other points in a later post.

Sources:

http://christianity.about.com...
https://kjvfortruth.wordpress.com...
:) nac