Jump to topic:

Billy Graham, false teacher?

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:04:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The-Good-Teacher I am challenging you to a debate over this notion. I cannot do it the conventional way because you have turned it off and cannot private message you because that too is closed off.
Granted I dont know everything about Billy Graham including everything he ever said that could have interpreted as non-scriptural but I am aware of the of what he was most accused of teaching that was false

That Jesus is not the only way to heaven.

I have watched the videos of what he said for myself and conclude he was not saying anything explicitly against scripture, just choosing not to cast judgment. Osteen is accused of the same for the same reasons
I would be willing to debate for the position that theologically it possible for the scripture to still be gospel truth that Jesus is the only way to heaven and people who are not Christians theoretically still fulfill that requirement.

I really would like it to be a official debate so please click the 'challenge to debate' button as opposed to just leaving it to this forum thread.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:17:01 AM
Not part of this debate but just saying that if most christians thought that, and lived like that, it would be much easier for me to accept christianity.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:20:10 AM
At 8/18/2010 9:17:01 AM, lovelife wrote:
Not part of this debate but just saying that if most christians thought that, and lived like that, it would be much easier for me to accept christianity.

it would be a lot easier for most of Christian's out their to experience such a paradigm shift if you would become one and start preaching it to them with all your mind and heart.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:26:03 AM
At 8/18/2010 9:20:10 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 8/18/2010 9:17:01 AM, lovelife wrote:

it would be a lot easier for most of Christian's out their to experience such a paradigm shift if you would become one and start preaching it to them with all your mind and heart.

Not sure what your saying. You mean if more christians were like him more people would believe and preach what they believe?
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 11:05:36 AM
----------------

One of the best sites on the web dedicating many man hours researching Billy Graham and his false teachings relative to the bible

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com...

Billy Graham receiving honorary degree from Catholic Belmont Abbey (picture)

Looking at the Billy Graham Video, (OP) where he talks of all other religions being a path to God, served as an example of his deception,

"if you believe in one God, Thou doest well, the devils also believe and tremble." (James 2:19)

It takes 98% food and 2% poison to kill a rat

-----------------------------o O---^5 ---
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 12:21:07 PM
At 8/18/2010 11:05:36 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:
----------------

One of the best sites on the web dedicating many man hours researching Billy Graham and his false teachings relative to the bible

Billy Graham receiving honorary degree from Catholic Belmont Abbey (picture)

Looking at the Billy Graham Video, (OP) where he talks of all other religions being a path to God, served as an example of his deception,

"if you believe in one God, Thou doest well, the devils also believe and tremble." (James 2:19)

It takes 98% food and 2% poison to kill a rat

-----------------------------o O---^5 ---

well, you have confirmed for me that the point I brought up is one you have against Billy Graham. So what shall it be? if you had actually read any of the post in this thread, you would have seen I challenged you Satanic little Owl TGT to a debate. I don't care about all that other stupid stuff in your link about not scolding gays or Bill Clinton for his sins. And I especially don't care about this BS about 33 degree masons because I personally know one who volunteered in my scout troop for a while and I KNOW he worships only God and not Satan.

What I am challenging you to is a debate with this resolution "all professing non-believers in Christ shall go to hell" with the non-debatable assumption the bible is true; and 'professing non-believers in Christ' defined as people who claim to believe something else.

THE-GOOD-TEACHER yes or no? will you debate that with me or are too much a coward because you have no idea what your talking about every time you post.

A Scout is Obedient.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 4:21:49 AM
At 8/18/2010 12:21:07 PM, Marauder wrote:

well, you have confirmed for me that the point I brought up is one you have against Billy Graham. So what shall it be? if you had actually read any of the post in this thread, you would have seen I challenged you Satanic little Owl TGT to a debate. I don't care about all that other stupid stuff in your link about not scolding gays or Bill Clinton for his sins. And I especially don't care about this BS about 33 degree masons because I personally know one who volunteered in my scout troop for a while and I KNOW he worships only God and not Satan.

What I am challenging you to is a debate with this resolution "all professing non-believers in Christ shall go to hell" with the non-debatable assumption the bible is true; and 'professing non-believers in Christ' defined as people who claim to believe something else.

THE-GOOD-TEACHER yes or no? will you debate that with me or are too much a coward because you have no idea what your talking about every time you post.

-----------------
REPLY.

Allow me to to point out some of the Satanic teachings of Freemason Billy Graham.

A) - - In Graham's book, "Unto the Hills", Graham writes,
"Man has two great spiritual needs. One is forgiveness. The other is for goodness. Consciously or unconsciously, his inner being longs for both". (p. 234)

It is a lie to say that man "longs" for "goodness", because Scripture says, "An evil man seeks only rebellion;" (Proverbs 17:11), and "The soul of the wicked desires evil;" (Proverbs 21:10). Graham's statement is the exact opposite of Paul's gospel in Romans 3:11-12 which says, "There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one." To long for goodness would be doing something which is good. Men without God do no good (Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:12).

B) - - In Graham's book, "Answers To Life's Problems", (page 62) Graham writes,

" Inside each one of us there is a hunger for God. We may not recognize it, but each of us senses emptiness and a hunger for something. I suspect that your son has been looking for something to fill that spiritual void in his life, and if he has found Christ his spiritual emptiness has been met".

Wicked men do not "hunger for God" (see Psalm 10:3-4)! There is no spiritual emptiness to fill! Scripture never speaks of any such "spiritual void" or "emptiness." Instead, it says that, "they are filled with all unrighteousness" (Romans 1:29), and their hearts "are full of evil" (Ecclesiastes 9:3). Ephesians 2:2 says of those who do not know Christ that "the prince of the power of the air" is the spirit who "now works in the sons of disobedience." In other words, an evil spirit works in those who are without Christ. There is no emptiness. There is a wicked spirit there doing his evil work.

C) - - In Graham's book, "The Challenge", Sermons From Madison Square Garden, Graham says,

"You see, all of us are really on a quest for truth. What is the truth about myself? Where did I come from? Why in the world did God ever put us on this planet, if there is a God? Some ask. And where are we going? Is there a life after death? I'm searching for answers. All of us are, consciously or unconsciously. We ask ourselves these questions. "What is truth?" The same question Pilate asked two thousand years ago".

And (Page 93) "that's why a lot of these kids are taking LSD and mind-expansion psychedelic drugs. They're trying to find some experiences that will lead them into some sort of a spiritual truth".

Graham lies when he says, "all of us are really on a quest for truth." Romans chapter one says just the opposite. Speaking of mankind, Paul says that they "exchanged the truth of God for the lie" (Romans 1:25). Men reject the truth, and are not on a quest for it (John 3:19-21)!

D) - - In Graham's book, "Facing Death And The Life After", Graham wrote, "Even some theologians chose to reject the Bible's clear teaching on hell." (p. 34). Graham himself rejects "the Bible's clear teaching on hell."

Scripture is not unclear about the fact that Hell is a place of fiery torment (Isaiah 66:24; Mark 9:43-48; Matthew 3:12; 5:22; 13:40-42, 49-50; 18:8-9; 25:41; Luke 16: 19-31; John 15:6; Revelation 14:10; 19:20; 20:10, 14-15; 21:8). Yet, Mr. Graham denies this truth. In an interview with Time Magazine (November 15, 1993), Mr. Graham said this about hell:

"The only thing I could say for sure is that hell means separation from God. We are separated from his light, from his fellowship. That is going to be hell. When it comes to a literal fire, I don't preach it because I'm not sure about it. When the Scripture uses fire concerning hell, that is possibly an illustration of how terrible it's going to be - not fire but something worse, a thirst for God that cannot be quenched".

First of all, Scripture never depicts or describes hell as "a thirst for God". In fact, the ungodly man (one who goes to hell) "does not seek God" (Psalm 10:4; 14:2; Romans 3:11); "God is in none of his thoughts" (Psalm 10:4). Secondly, Graham denies hell fire by saying it is "not fire." Yet, Scripture is very clear about the fire of hell. In fact, the rich man in "Hades" in Luke 16:24 said, "I am tormented in this flame."

Now, lest someone argue that Time Magazine misrepresented Graham's beliefs, please note that twenty four years prior Graham preached this same kind of deceit at his 1969 Crusade in New York City. In Graham's book, The Challenge, Sermons from Madison Square Garden, Graham says,

Whatever Hell may be, and there are many mysteries, and I don't intend to solve them all - whatever Hell may mean, it is separation from God.

Now there are three words that Jesus used constantly to describe it. One is called "Fire." Now we know that God has a fire that burns and doesn't consume like the burning bush that Moses experienced. We know that James said, 'The tongue is set on fire of hell." We know that that wasn't combustion - that actual literal fire isn't down in your throat and in your tongue. It is symbolic language. And theologians through the centuries have argued and debated over what fire means.

The Bible said, "For our God is a consuming fire."

I could quote more of his lies quite easily, loads more.
This man" Billy Graham" with membership in the religion Freemasonry has poisoned the minds of many. maybe he should stop reading the satanic bible his religion uses (written by Freemason Anton LaVey)

Other 33 degree Masonic leaders include...
Hitler - - burned the scriptures by the bonfire load.

Joseph Smith (LDS)- - Who taught "the bible was not enough and in err", brought out the "Book of Mormon" with the Plagiarised claim "it was more correct than any other book on earth"

Charles T Russell (JW) - - brought out the watchtower etc,

As for the debate challenge, someone who calls me "Satanic owl" lol, is better left in their own Freemason defending world, until they learn some truth and manners. which he appears to have missed out on during his spell with a Freemason scout volunteer,

Thanks for the invite, but if you don't agree with what I've said then deal with it. without tying yourself in one of your scout knots.

1 John 5:13 says "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." ("believe" in the Scriptures means "trust in and rely on").

John 14:6 Jesus said "I am the way", If you want to believe that he was "one of the ways" be my guest, but to try passing it of as "biblical Christianity". sounds like Billy Graham.

End of thread.
---------------------------------o O--^5 ---
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:16:32 AM
I called you a satanic owl only because its the only way to get your attention. I tried the courteous way and you completely ignored what I was challenging you to debate and you still have. you only posted spam about free masons when I had challenged you to debate the point that all people who say they are not Christians in the world are going to hell.

It is completely theologically possible that a man can 'put their trust in Jesus' in their heart without consciously knowing it. Paul says in the bible when questioned about those that died without ever hearing his word that they are still guilty because the law is 'written on their hearts'
with that fact known; you cannot logically, theologically, or anything judge another persons sole if it indeed will go to hell EVEN if they tell you upfront they deny the name of Jesus as their savior. Why? Because salvation is a matter of the heart/spirit and that means they could intellectually say something about their hearts that they simply do not know any better is not the actual case with themselves, on the inside.
We wouldn't know either of course, and that's why Billy Graham and Joel Osteen is right to say this thing should only be left to God, for only God knows peoples hearts to say without a doubt that they have not relied on Jesus to save them.

A Scout is Obedient.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 9:27:25 AM
At 8/19/2010 4:21:49 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:
---------------------------------o O--^5 ---

I think you need to take the aluminum foil off your head every now & then. Also, do not skip any doses of your medication regardless of how you feel. You must remember that your judgement is impaired by your defective mental state and only taking the medication at regular intervals will help. Oh, crap! Here comes the orderly! I gotta run!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:15:23 AM
"maybe he should stop reading the satanic bible his religion uses (written by Freemason Anton LaVey)"

I <3 that. LaVey satanism is wonderful.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:18:26 AM
At 8/19/2010 9:16:32 AM, Marauder wrote:
I called you a satanic owl only because its the only way to get your attention. I tried the courteous way and you completely ignored what I was challenging you to debate and you still have. you only posted spam about free masons when I had challenged you to debate the point that all people who say they are not Christians in the world are going to hell.

It is completely theologically possible that a man can 'put their trust in Jesus' in their heart without consciously knowing it. Paul says in the bible when questioned about those that died without ever hearing his word that they are still guilty because the law is 'written on their hearts'
with that fact known; you cannot logically, theologically, or anything judge another persons sole if it indeed will go to hell EVEN if they tell you upfront they deny the name of Jesus as their savior. Why? Because salvation is a matter of the heart/spirit and that means they could intellectually say something about their hearts that they simply do not know any better is not the actual case with themselves, on the inside.
We wouldn't know either of course, and that's why Billy Graham and Joel Osteen is right to say this thing should only be left to God, for only God knows peoples hearts to say without a doubt that they have not relied on Jesus to save them.

---------------

OK
I don't judge who is going to hell and who isn't, so I really can't say who'll be at the barbecue.

From my understanding a person will be judged on two things,
"what they know and what they should know", in relation to the information that was made available to them

If we look at the bible properly, it doesn't really say anyone has to believe in Jesus to go to heaven

Your staement > > "It is completely theologically possible that a man can 'put their trust in Jesus' in their heart without consciously knowing it".

Is covered in scripture and I have posted it in the same correct context recently on this forum, it can be found in Rom 1:20, it allows for people who have never really known the truth for whatever reason.

Rom 1:20 > > "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they ( THE NON JESUS BELIEVING PEOPLE) are without excuse",

Because "Jesus was God" people whom have never known Jesus can be saved,
They will simply be judged on what they knew, but, there's a sin called "Agnoema", meaning, "Ignorance when one should have known". (No excuse)

So I, like anyone else in this world, cannot judge and condemn. I think we are on the same page ?

--------------------------------------o O---^5---
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 12:46:41 PM
At 8/19/2010 10:18:26 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:
At 8/19/2010 9:16:32 AM, Marauder wrote:

---------------

OK
I don't judge who is going to hell and who isn't, so I really can't say who'll be at the barbecue.

From my understanding a person will be judged on two things,
"what they know and what they should know", in relation to the information that was made available to them

If we look at the bible properly, it doesn't really say anyone has to believe in Jesus to go to heaven

Your staement > > "It is completely theologically possible that a man can 'put their trust in Jesus' in their heart without consciously knowing it".

Is covered in scripture and I have posted it in the same correct context recently on this forum, it can be found in Rom 1:20, it allows for people who have never really known the truth for whatever reason.

Rom 1:20 > > "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they ( THE NON JESUS BELIEVING PEOPLE) are without excuse",

Because "Jesus was God" people whom have never known Jesus can be saved,
They will simply be judged on what they knew, but, there's a sin called "Agnoema", meaning, "Ignorance when one should have known". (No excuse)

So I, like anyone else in this world, cannot judge and condemn. I think we are on the same page ?

--------------------------------------o O---^5---

Yes, we are now. thank you.

I take back the Satanic insult now. It was purely to get a response about this matter of judgment out of you and you have now.

A Scout is Obedient.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:18:17 PM
---------------

Yes, we are now. thank you.

I take back the Satanic insult now. It was purely to get a response about this matter of judgment out of you and you have now.

Thank you ! (I thought it was funny) <((((><

------------------------------o O---^5 ---