Jump to topic:

Will heaven be like North Korea?

j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 4:27:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm just wondering. It seems like a very scary place. You're on the streets of gold praying and shaking in fear. You know that your parents and girlfriend are in the fiery furnace forever and ever. You know that heaven is supposed to be a perfect place, but you keep having these horrible thoughts, kinda like you hate Jesus for torturing your parents forever.
Then you start shaking in terror. You know that there are thought crimes in heaven. You know that Jesus can read your mind. You know that you are in great danger. But the more he waltzes around like an entitled king, the more you hate him, but you have to hide it. If he finds out you'll burn.
You run. You try to hide. But you're in heaven. Jesus knows all of the hiding places and he knows your thoughts. Soon the perfectly shining Flander's kids walk by. They see you. They can tell you are thinking bad thoughts. They run to tell Jesus. You're busted. You are going to fry forever and ever.
What a horrible religion this is turning out to be? Let me go to North Korea. At least there's a chance to escape to the woods.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 5:13:07 PM
At 7/12/2015 4:27:39 PM, j50wells wrote:
I'm just wondering. It seems like a very scary place. You're on the streets of gold praying and shaking in fear. You know that your parents and girlfriend are in the fiery furnace forever and ever. You know that heaven is supposed to be a perfect place, but you keep having these horrible thoughts, kinda like you hate Jesus for torturing your parents forever.
Then you start shaking in terror. You know that there are thought crimes in heaven. You know that Jesus can read your mind. You know that you are in great danger. But the more he waltzes around like an entitled king, the more you hate him, but you have to hide it. If he finds out you'll burn.
You run. You try to hide. But you're in heaven. Jesus knows all of the hiding places and he knows your thoughts. Soon the perfectly shining Flander's kids walk by. They see you. They can tell you are thinking bad thoughts. They run to tell Jesus. You're busted. You are going to fry forever and ever.
What a horrible religion this is turning out to be? Let me go to North Korea. At least there's a chance to escape to the woods.

Except sin, such as your hypothetical bad thought, would require free will (free will on Earth is what leads to the evil on Earth), so you would not be able to think such a thought in the first place. There would not be 'thought police', but complete and utter thought control. You would be happy in heaven - whether you like it or not!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 5:14:56 PM
At 7/12/2015 5:13:07 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/12/2015 4:27:39 PM, j50wells wrote:

Except sin, such as your hypothetical bad thought, would require free will (free will on Earth is what leads to the evil on Earth), so you would not be able to think such a thought in the first place. There would not be 'thought police', but complete and utter thought control. You would be happy in heaven - whether you like it or not!

So almost like robots? What about free will and independence? What about freedom? Gosh, it's sounding more and more like North Korea every time that I think about it.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 5:53:25 PM
How dare you have such thoughts about Jesus for torturing your parents for all eternity. Looks like you deserve to go to hell yourself.