Jump to topic:

God doesnt kill ppl

graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 7:20:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
it is very interesting how many people blame God for either activity or inactivity while claiming God does not exist...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 7:48:36 AM
At 7/16/2015 7:20:49 AM, graceofgod wrote:
it is very interesting how many people blame God for either activity or inactivity while claiming God does not exist...

You really understood the OP, didn't you? Lol.
mjplatt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 9:34:12 AM
At 7/16/2015 7:20:49 AM, graceofgod wrote:

It is speaking to others beliefs in a god, not making a claim that the beliefs are true. "people with gods kill people" would be true whether or not the gods actually exist.

Are you implying that nobody who lacks belief in a god can debate whether it exists or not, or whether the believer's concept of the god's atributes make sense? That would mean that a Christian should never engage an atheist or agnostic in a discussion about religioin. I think most atheists I know would be okay with that. I mean, if theists would never mention their god in public or try to influence lawmakers or schoolboards or preach on TV or radio, or hand out leaflets or prosyletize in any way, it would be great. But if theists want to talk about their god with an atheist, then you can't say only the theist can mention the god. That is ludicrous.