Jump to topic:

Cannabis in Scripture

anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 11:01:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss. I'm getting weary of never ending debates with Atheists, so perhaps this can be something that everyone on this forum can agree with peacefully. Here is my first question:

Where did Cannabis come from? I believe this to be the answer:

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the HERB yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
And the earth brought forth grass, and HERB yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] GOOD." Genesis 1:11

(Notice the "it was" in brackets. These words are not in the original Hebrew. This verse literally says "and God saw that good", so this verse is not in the past tense)

My second question is for my fellow Christians. If Cannabis was created by God (and God never makes mistakes), then is Cannabis bad? Should Cannabis not be considered a food?

"And God said, Behold, I have given you EVERY HERB bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for MEAT (food)." Genesis 1:29

So go ahead, and let's have fun. If you believe in evolution, please provide evidence that Cannabis evolved. If you believe the Scriptures, then let's discuss what the Scriptures say. Conspiracy theories welcome.

Thank you and God bless you all.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 11:12:16 PM
At 7/16/2015 11:01:54 PM, anonymouswho wrote:
I thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss. I'm getting weary of never ending debates with Atheists, so perhaps this can be something that everyone on this forum can agree with peacefully. Here is my first question:

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the HERB yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
And the earth brought forth grass, and HERB yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] GOOD." Genesis 1:11

(Notice the "it was" in brackets. These words are not in the original Hebrew. This verse literally says "and God saw that good", so this verse is not in the past tense)

My second question is for my fellow Christians. If Cannabis was created by God (and God never makes mistakes), then is Cannabis bad? Should Cannabis not be considered a food?

"And God said, Behold, I have given you EVERY HERB bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for MEAT (food)." Genesis 1:29

So go ahead, and let's have fun. If you believe in evolution, please provide evidence that Cannabis evolved. If you believe the Scriptures, then let's discuss what the Scriptures say. Conspiracy theories welcome.

Yes everything in nature is has a use. It can also be misused.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 12:45:05 AM
At 7/16/2015 11:12:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:

This is absolutely true. Everything can be misused. A rock can be used to build massive architecture or it can be used to smash somebody's face in. So do you believe Cannabis is inherently bad, or do you believe it is morally and Scripturally acceptable? Thank you my friend.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 1:37:43 AM
At 7/17/2015 12:45:05 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

This is absolutely true. Everything can be misused. A rock can be used to build massive architecture or it can be used to smash somebody's face in. So do you believe Cannabis is inherently bad, or do you believe it is morally and Scripturally acceptable? Thank you my friend.

You just asked 2 different questions. Is it inherently bad? Is it morally/scripturally acceptable?

That is like asking is a rock inherently bad, is a rock morally acceptable? You need to be clearer in what you are asking.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 1:47:17 AM
At 7/17/2015 1:37:43 AM, Geogeer wrote:

You just asked 2 different questions. Is it inherently bad? Is it morally/scripturally acceptable?

That is like asking is a rock inherently bad, is a rock morally acceptable? You need to be clearer in what you are asking.

I'm sorry, I'll try to clarify. Is it Scripurally wrong to use Cannabis? Or is it Scripurally acceptable to use Cannabis?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 1:56:44 AM
At 7/17/2015 1:47:17 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

I'm sorry, I'll try to clarify. Is it Scripurally wrong to use Cannabis? Or is it Scripurally acceptable to use Cannabis?

Well that would depend on the reason for doing so. If being a drunkard is immoral, then so is being a pothead. If there is a valid medical condition that is best treated by using cannabis, then yes it is perfectly moral.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 2:09:32 AM
At 7/17/2015 1:56:44 AM, Geogeer wrote:

Well that would depend on the reason for doing so. If being a drunkard is immoral, then so is being a pothead. If there is a valid medical condition that is best treated by using cannabis, then yes it is perfectly moral.

Why must there be a medical condition in order for Cannabis use to be acceptable? Must there be a medical condition involved if one wishes to eat chocolate? Is it Scripturally wrong to eat an apple for energy?

Being a drunkard is immoral. However, alcohol does not grow from the ground. There are no alcohol plants that bear seed after their own kind. Alcoholic beverages must go through a vigorous process to reach its desired properties. Even still, drinking alcohol socially and in moderation is not considered immoral. Why is Cannabis?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 5:56:11 AM
Well some of the Biblical authors seemed to be as high as kites on some substance or other, like the author of that crazy book Revelation!
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 6:19:24 AM
At 7/17/2015 5:56:11 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Well some of the Biblical authors seemed to be as high as kites on some substance or other, like the author of that crazy book Revelation!

I'm not quite sure if John was under the influence of any substances when he wrote Revelation. If you understood what Revelation is saying, you'd know that it is much more than simple hallucinations. Revelation is filled with symbols, allegories, metaphors, and spiritual lessons that make it a literary masterpiece.

Cannabis is certainly available in the Middle East, but it could hardly be responsible for the amazing things John saw. I don't know anyone who has ever tripped like that on some herb! Besides Cannabis, there are indeed many hallucinogens in that area. But, because Revelation flows so well with Scripture and each symbol is strategically placed, I'm skeptical that John was under the influence of anything but the Spirit.

Thank you JJ50.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 7:37:32 AM
At 7/17/2015 6:19:24 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

I'm not quite sure if John was under the influence of any substances when he wrote Revelation. If you understood what Revelation is saying, you'd know that it is much more than simple hallucinations. Revelation is filled with symbols, allegories, metaphors, and spiritual lessons that make it a literary masterpiece.

Cannabis is certainly available in the Middle East, but it could hardly be responsible for the amazing things John saw. I don't know anyone who has ever tripped like that on some herb! Besides Cannabis, there are indeed many hallucinogens in that area. But, because Revelation flows so well with Scripture and each symbol is strategically placed, I'm skeptical that John was under the influence of anything but the Spirit.

So you are saying he was a drunk?
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:15:26 AM
At 7/17/2015 7:37:32 AM, Accipiter wrote:

I'm not really sure how you got that John was a drunk from what I wrote. I'm quite aware that you are trying to be funny, but your joke doesn't make any sense. Sorry my friend, I just don't know what you're talking about. Thank you.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:50:27 AM
At 7/17/2015 8:15:26 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

I'm not really sure how you got that John was a drunk from what I wrote. I'm quite aware that you are trying to be funny, but your joke doesn't make any sense. Sorry my friend, I just don't know what you're talking about. Thank you.

You use the old you don't know what's going on argument? I'm not surprised at all that you take yourself so seriously but you are the only one so that really matters. All that matters is the rebirth but you can not have it and the reason you will always work for me.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:16:01 AM
At 7/17/2015 8:50:27 AM, Accipiter wrote:

You use the old you don't know what's going on argument? I'm not surprised at all that you take yourself so seriously but you are the only one so that really matters. All that matters is the rebirth but you can not have it and the reason you will always work for me.

Well, now I really don't know what you're talking about. I still don't know why you think I was implying John was a drunk. I wasn't trying to be serious,; if your joke was funny I would have laughed. I just don't get it. And as far as the "rebirth", yet again I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry my friend.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 10:15:30 AM
All things are permitted, not all things are beneficial.

Is your love of cannabis getting in the way of you practicing righteous discernment? Are you making it an idol before God?

Is your love of cannabis getting in the way of you being good to others? Is it keeping you from practicing the law of love?

From a theological perspective, depending on how you answer these questions, Cannabis can either be good FOR YOU or bad FOR YOU.

Just remember that Christians are told to obey the law of the land. If it is illegal where you live, It would be wrong of me to encourage it.

Use your better judgement.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 10:42:05 AM
At 7/17/2015 10:15:30 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
All things are permitted, not all things are beneficial.

Is your love of cannabis getting in the way of you practicing righteous discernment? Are you making it an idol before God?

Is your love of cannabis getting in the way of you being good to others? Is it keeping you from practicing the law of love?

From a theological perspective, depending on how you answer these questions, Cannabis can either be good FOR YOU or bad FOR YOU.

Just remember that Christians are told to obey the law of the land. If it is illegal where you live, It would be wrong of me to encourage it.

Use your better judgement.

Yes I agree with everything you've wrote. But rather than asking a personal question, I'm ultimately asking if Cannabis is inherently Good for us. I consider this next verse to be prophecy, as well as a basic understanding of what is beneficial for us. Paul says:

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to ABSTAIN FROM MEATS (Greek- foods), which God hath CREATED to be RECEIVED with THANKSGIVING of them which believe and know the truth.
For EVERY creature of God is GOOD, and NOTHING TO BE REFUSED, if it be received with THANKSGIVING:
For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained." 1 Timothy 4:1

Cannabis was the first naturally occurring plant to be completely banned on a worldwide scale. How can we ban that which God has created?

How is it that the church is at the forefront of keeping that which God created illegal?

How does the church justify eating a swine roast on a Sabbath morning more Scripturally acceptable than consuming Cannabis?

How is it that gay marriage is legalized and accepted, and yet a creation of God is forbidden?

When did God forbid it or even speak against it, as the Scriptures do towards alcohol?

What I'm saying is, it is unfortunate that Cannabis is illegal. I am not condoning anyone to partake and I understand that we are to follow the laws that governments legislate (as all governments are ordained by God). I know all is from God, and He does and determines all things. But does this condemnation of Cannabis not appear to be delusional? Cannabis was legal and necessary (hemp) for thousands of years, and then in 1926 it suddenly becomes considered the most massive mistake that God had ever created. So bad that the whole world had to ban it. What is going on?

Thank you my friend and God bless you.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 10:55:44 AM
I wonder if 2000 years from NOW if there will be those that wonder if Harry Potter got HIGH on more then just everyday life.

If you research what LSD is made from ( the mold on rye grain)
One could wonder if the talking critters and other so called miracles of scripture were just examples of the VISIONS that folks had when tripping on acid of some sort.

Maybe it was slipped into their magic wine by Saint Bill Cosby?

GRASS is what cows eat, not something to smoke.

but then, the mutated mold on some grass might cause a trip to religious fiction land or even the made up concept called science with it's "special sort" of theory that they just add the word "scientific" in front of the word theory that is just guessing and making things up and such...

well they figure that by putting a "crown" on the head of their concept makes it SPECIAL as they like it that way even tho it's just ANOTHER VERSION of make believe and pretend reality.

What have I been smoking?

the magic manna from heaven that I pack into my paradise pipe from mecca.

may the farce be with you...
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 11:31:44 AM
At 7/17/2015 2:09:32 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

Why must there be a medical condition in order for Cannabis use to be acceptable?

If the cannabis is impairing your judgement then it is immoral to use. That is why the bible talks about drunkard, but not drinking. I can have a drink or 2 and not have my judgement impaired. Can you say the same about pot?

Must there be a medical condition involved if one wishes to eat chocolate?

How much chocolate would you have to eat to get high? It'd be gluttony first...

Is it Scripturally wrong to eat an apple for energy?

Not at all.

Being a drunkard is immoral. However, alcohol does not grow from the ground. There are no alcohol plants that bear seed after their own kind. Alcoholic beverages must go through a vigorous process to reach its desired properties. Even still, drinking alcohol socially and in moderation is not considered immoral. Why is Cannabis?

Having a beer with dinner or over nachos does not impair my judgement. Is there a regular level of pot use that is equivalent?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 11:46:08 AM

Thank you JJ50.

Which spirit, whisky, brandy, gin, rum? LOL!
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 12:20:59 PM
At 7/17/2015 10:42:05 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

Yes I agree with everything you've wrote. But rather than asking a personal question, I'm ultimately asking if Cannabis is inherently Good for us. I consider this next verse to be prophecy, as well as a basic understanding of what is beneficial for us. Paul says:

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to ABSTAIN FROM MEATS (Greek- foods), which God hath CREATED to be RECEIVED with THANKSGIVING of them which believe and know the truth.
For EVERY creature of God is GOOD, and NOTHING TO BE REFUSED, if it be received with THANKSGIVING:
If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained." 1 Timothy 4:1

Cannabis was the first naturally occurring plant to be completely banned on a worldwide scale. How can we ban that which God has created?

How is it that the church is at the forefront of keeping that which God created illegal?

How does the church justify eating a swine roast on a Sabbath morning more Scripturally acceptable than consuming Cannabis?

How is it that gay marriage is legalized and accepted, and yet a creation of God is forbidden?

When did God forbid it or even speak against it, as the Scriptures do towards alcohol?

What I'm saying is, it is unfortunate that Cannabis is illegal. I am not condoning anyone to partake and I understand that we are to follow the laws that governments legislate (as all governments are ordained by God). I know all is from God, and He does and determines all things. But does this condemnation of Cannabis not appear to be delusional? Cannabis was legal and necessary (hemp) for thousands of years, and then in 1926 it suddenly becomes considered the most massive mistake that God had ever created. So bad that the whole world had to ban it. What is going on?

I would like for cannabis to be legal.

Being that I work street level with the destitute and homeless, I see a lot of trends that other people don't really get to witness.

For the last decade or so, what started off as "synthetic weed" started to gain popularity, especially in the last couple of years. Well, the government would of course make these products illegal, and ban them. Every time they ban one formula, a new one comes out that is slightly altered in order to pass the test of legality.

Fast forward to now, the stuff that people are smoking is absolutely nothing like the old belvedere. If reefer is smoked in a pipe, it leaves tar. If you smoke this stuff in a pipe, it crystallizes. It doesn't last very long, and it is highly addictive.

A year and a half a go, a friend of mine was put in the hospital for smoking this stuff. His lungs collapsed. We all thought he was going to die, and they were talking to his brother about pulling the plug. Miraculously, he made it out alive.

This stuff is taking over neighborhoods, and people who used to be fun and active now lay around all day drooling on themselves. This stuff is like the new crack. You know things are bad when you can honestly say, "Man, I miss the days when people did heroin!"

I am of the belief that this kind of stuff would have never happened, and would actually even go down if they legalized the green and made it readily available.

Pot doesn't do this kind of stuff to people, and appears to be even less harmful than alcohol.

That's just my opinion though.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 7:58:39 PM

Hello my friend. I wanted to apologize. I didn't get your joke until JJ50 posted. You meant spirits as in wine and spirits. Sorry, that is not a term that is used a lot around here so it flew over my head. Very clever.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I still have no idea what you're talking about. Thank you friend.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:12:29 PM
At 7/17/2015 11:31:44 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 7/17/2015 2:09:32 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

Why must there be a medical condition in order for Cannabis use to be acceptable?

If the cannabis is impairing your judgement then it is immoral to use. That is why the bible talks about drunkard, but not drinking. I can have a drink or 2 and not have my judgement impaired. Can you say the same about pot?

Well, I personally am not a big drinker, so if I have a beer or two I get pretty silly. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Eat, drink, and enjoy your lot. A drunkard is not someone who is drunk, a drunkard is an alcoholic. Yes, one could take a hit or two and not have their judgment impaired. Just a small buzz, like a few drinks. Yet, if they take those two hits, they can be drug tested a few days later and lose their job and family. That is a great Evil indeed.

Must there be a medical condition involved if one wishes to eat chocolate?

How much chocolate would you have to eat to get high? It'd be gluttony first...

If you have pure dark chocolate, it would not take a whole lot to affect your mind. Actually, just a common Hershey bar can get you high. All chocolate has dopamine, and chocolate is far more addictive that Cannabis. Eat a Hershey bar and see if it doesn't elevate your mood. That is why the candy business is massive.

Is it Scripturally wrong to eat an apple for energy?

Not at all.

Is energy a biological change in your body and mind? If you are sluggish and then become energized, is this not using food for mind altering purposes?

Having a beer with dinner or over nachos does not impair my judgement. Is there a regular level of pot use that is equivalent?

Yes, one or two hits. Cannabis complements nachos very well.

Thank you my friend.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:48:35 PM
At 7/17/2015 12:20:59 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 7/17/2015 10:42:05 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

I would like for cannabis to be legal.

Being that I work street level with the destitute and homeless, I see a lot of trends that other people don't really get to witness.

For the last decade or so, what started off as "synthetic weed" started to gain popularity, especially in the last couple of years. Well, the government would of course make these products illegal, and ban them. Every time they ban one formula, a new one comes out that is slightly altered in order to pass the test of legality.

Fast forward to now, the stuff that people are smoking is absolutely nothing like the old belvedere. If reefer is smoked in a pipe, it leaves tar. If you smoke this stuff in a pipe, it crystallizes. It doesn't last very long, and it is highly addictive.

Yes I have seen many people go down very hard because of the new synthetic drugs. Their excuse for using these drugs? They won't fail a drug test. So, the fear of failing a drug test outweighs the fear of trying a synthetic drug that nobody knows the ingredients of. A friend of mine was kicked out of the army, lost his wife, and barely gets to see his kid, and resorted to a life of lying and stealing to get his fix.

Of course, people will say that he should have had the will power to not try it in the first place, but those people do not know the life that someone has had. Everything we do is Caused by something, and nobody is smart enough to seriously outweigh all options. We do things that appear spontaneous to us, but there is always an underlying Cause. And a spontaneous reaction can strongly Effect the rest of someone's life.

A year and a half a go, a friend of mine was put in the hospital for smoking this stuff. His lungs collapsed. We all thought he was going to die, and they were talking to his brother about pulling the plug. Miraculously, he made it out alive.

Exactly, this is terrible stuff. Cannabis has never killed anyone and it is physically impossible to die from Camnabis. You would fall asleep far before you could ever get close to a lethal dosage.

This stuff is taking over neighborhoods, and people who used to be fun and active now lay around all day drooling on themselves. This stuff is like the new crack. You know things are bad when you can honestly say, "Man, I miss the days when people did heroin!"

Yeah that's how I've been feeling. "Spice" has ruined many lives of people I personally know, and it makes me very sad. They have not only ruined their lives, they have ruined their mind. Sometimes, there is no coming back from the effects of these synthetics.

I am of the belief that this kind of stuff would have never happened, and would actually even go down if they legalized the green and made it readily available.

Exactly. It is my personal opinion that all drugs should be legalized. I don't choose to not do meth because it's illegal. I don't do it because there are plenty of people that have done it before me, and that path does not look appealing at all. We are believers of Messiah, we don't need government laws to dictate our actions. We have the Spirit for that. This is why I sincerely believe there should be a separation of church and state.

Pot doesn't do this kind of stuff to people, and appears to be even less harmful than alcohol.

It is far safer than alcohol. Alcohol destroys the liver and corrupts the mind. I know several people who haven't had a drink in years, and yet it is still very difficult to have a conversation with them. And yet it is unAmerican to not have a cold beer while watching men smash into each other over a game of football. But smoke a joint and play some guitar, and you could lose everything and have a criminal record. This seems very irrational.

That's just my opinion though.

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to meet someone on here who understands the Truth. God bless you friend.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:51:43 PM

Let's say I agree with everything. Cannabis oil is a good and biodegradable safe insecticide.

So I guess what would really be at debate is if smoking cannabis is a misuse or not.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:52:42 PM
One example.........

Did you know that when a couple states legalized Marijuana, a couple others ALSO legalized Gay marriage?

Yes...and,contrary to popular belief, the justification for this can indeed be found in Scripture.

Because it says, "If a man shall lay with another man, he shall be stoned."

LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:54:15 PM

Hey...easy now. I am in a rock band, and I LOVE rock and roll!

It shall never die.

LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 12:48:52 AM
At 7/17/2015 9:51:43 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Let's say I agree with everything. Cannabis oil is a good and biodegradable safe insecticide.

So I guess what would really be at debate is if smoking cannabis is a misuse or not.

Hey Mhykiel, I don't think I've had the pleasure of talking to you before. It's nice to meet you.

I'm not sure if smoking Cannabis would necessarily be a misuse. Perhaps, but there is definitely no commandment against it. Eating Cannabis would be ideal and healthier, but because it is illegal, the price is much too expensive. If it were legal and we could grow it ourselves, this would be no problem. But herb is not just for eating. It was created for our service:

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;" Psalm 104:14

anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 12:51:26 AM
At 7/17/2015 11:46:08 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Thank you JJ50.

Which spirit, whisky, brandy, gin, rum? LOL!

Thank you, you helped me get Accipiter's joke.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 1:08:53 AM
At 7/17/2015 9:52:42 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
One example.........

Did you know that when a couple states legalized Marijuana, a couple others ALSO legalized Gay marriage?

Yes...and,contrary to popular belief, the justification for this can indeed be found in Scripture.

Because it says, "If a man shall lay with another man, he shall be stoned."

LOL

Hey that's a pretty decent joke. I'm pretty sure I've heard it before, but still a good one. Come'on man, I know you've got some conspiracies. What do you think of the William Randolph Hurst conspiracy of making Hemp illegal because of nylon? Based on the irrationality of making Hemp illegal right along with his sister, it seems pretty legit to me. I'm not an environmentalists, but anyone who claims to be one should be downright appalled at Hemp being illegal. Trees take years to grow back, but Hemp comes back the next year. Look around and see how much paper and plastic is around you. Water bottles, news flyers, books, cars (check out Henry Fords Hemp car), gasoline, concrete (check out hempcrete), pencils, merchandise packaging...The list goes on and on. And all of it can be replaced with Hemp.

Thank you.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 1:33:06 AM
At 7/17/2015 9:16:01 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

Well, now I really don't know what you're talking about. I still don't know why you think I was implying John was a drunk. I wasn't trying to be serious,; if your joke was funny I would have laughed. I just don't get it. And as far as the "rebirth", yet again I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry my friend.

Yes you just don't get it.
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 1:35:07 AM
At 7/18/2015 1:33:06 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 7/17/2015 9:16:01 AM, anonymouswho wrote:

Yes you just don't get it.

I sent you a message apologizing because now I get your joke. It was pretty funny. Thank you.