Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:36:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 9:11:07 AM, graceofgod wrote:
what is your opinion ??

can you lose your salvation....?

Not unless you become an unbeliever, seek to be justified by the Mosaic Law, etc.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:38:23 AM
what is your opinion ??

Hello good to meet you....
I reply: YUP!!!
Look at the Goats in the "Sheep and Goats" story Jesus told.. Matthew 25

Both Goats and the Sheep address Jesus the exact same way.. "LORD"!
The Sheep ask: "LORD when did we give you water to drink"?!
The Goats ask: "LORD when did we NOT give you water to drink"?!

Jesus is judging these people at the last judgement... The only thing that separates them is what they Do/Do NOT do! BOTH HAVE FAITH!!!!

The "Faith PLUS Good works" (works of the heart) of the Sheep send them UP to eternal life!
The "Faith ALONE" no works of the heart...of the Goats send them down to Satan for eternal punishment!

The Goats had faith, they were LOST by their "Faith ALONE! It is what we do/Do Not do that is the deciding factor! LOOK...
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

graceofgod Do you see it?? "DOING RIGHT" makes us righteous.. The righteous are saved! You can lose your salvation by your Faith ALONE!
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:47:43 AM
At 7/17/2015 9:38:23 AM, Dogknox wrote:
what is your opinion ??

Jesus is judging these people at the last judgement... The only thing that separates them is what they Do/Do NOT do! BOTH HAVE FAITH!!!!

The "Faith PLUS Good works" (works of the heart) of the Sheep send them UP to eternal life!
The "Faith ALONE" no works of the heart...of the Goats send them down to Satan for eternal punishment!

The Goats had faith, they were LOST by their "Faith ALONE! It is what we do/Do Not do that is the deciding factor! LOOK...
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

graceofgod Do you see it?? "DOING RIGHT" makes us righteous.. The righteous are saved! You can lose your salvation by your Faith ALONE!

good to meet you too....

I personally believe you cannot lose your salvation..

it says there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus..

If the blood of Jesus covers all sins , it ,must be all sin for all time or it was only for those of the time Jesus was around..
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 10:59:09 AM
At 7/17/2015 9:47:43 AM, graceofgod wrote:
what is your opinion ??

good to meet you too....

If the blood of Jesus covers all sins , it ,must be all sin for all time or it was only for those of the time Jesus was around..

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery...Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. - Galatians 5:1,19-21

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in." Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God"s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. - Romans 11:17-23

And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and sensible steward, whom his master will put in charge of his servants, to give them their rations at the proper time? "Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. "Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. "But if that slave says in his heart, "My master will be a long time in coming," and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk; the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers. "And that slave who knew his master"s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more. - Luke 12:42-48

According to these texts it is quite possible to lose salvation.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 11:30:33 AM
At 7/17/2015 10:59:09 AM, Geogeer wrote:
what is your opinion ??

good to meet you too....

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery...Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. - Galatians 5:1,19-21

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in." Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God"s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. - Romans 11:17-23

And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and sensible steward, whom his master will put in charge of his servants, to give them their rations at the proper time? "Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. "Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. "But if that slave says in his heart, "My master will be a long time in coming," and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk; the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers. "And that slave who knew his master"s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more. - Luke 12:42-48

According to these texts it is quite possible to lose salvation.

perhaps they are being misunderstood, if the blood of Jesus covers all sin, it must be all sin past, present and future or it would be of no use to anyone after the actual day the blood was given...

so what can be held against the believers if the blood has covered them...

if the blood was strong enough to over come sin how come sin can over come the blood of Christ now...
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 11:32:18 AM
The answer is both YES and NO

ALL in what a person views the word, descriptions and concepts of what being saved is and what you are being saved from.

If SALVATION is something like following a 100% HONEST look at and FAIR REALISTIC judging, weighing and measuring of what would be the TRUTH that is at the TOP of the man made LISTS.

a 100% Honest TRUTH that EXPOSED the deceptions and lies that most people CHOOSE to call GOOD and then these MANY of the people would want to call this REAL HONEST TRUTH a LIE as it would GET IN THE WAY of their LAZY daydreaming and scheming ways of trying to ESCAPE from

THEMSELVES, put quite simply.

IF that is the TRUTH that most claim they are seeking.

then they are just playing make believe and pretend and when you have MOST of the worlds population wanting to try and ESCAPE from THEMSELVES in any means and way that they can.

You end up with MANY that are going this way and that way.

joining this religion or popular clique that promises EA$Y ways to what you seek and they will do YOUR PERSONAL ?thinking? for you for a small fee or tithe.

But back to the question asked.

WHAT is a person being saved from and WHY...

seems that most are trying to be saved from themselves.

I personally don't have such a problem as I AM not superstitious in any way, shape or form.

Superstitious concepts are for those that require the belief in such concepts as santa, pro wrestling and the many other popular means of creating JOBS for the MANY that are not "smart" enough to do their OWN personal THINKING.

I do my own thinking and take 100% responsibility for my thoughts and actions.

I AM a GROWN UP that has left the ways of make believe and pretend behind me.

Most are NOT interested in GROWING UP as then they would have to face THEMSELVES in 100% HONEST PURE non subjective TRUTH.

and most are much to LAZY and afraid of the booger man and the monsters that live under the beds and in closits and such to take a serious look at such a idea as it don't sound like it's FUN and EA$Y.

do I sound like a crazy person?

then YOU are of the many that make this world the HELL that it is,

but you also make it a Heaven & Paradise for those of the FEW as we understand what is going on and WHY well enough that we are NOT confused and gnashing out teeth and such waiting for some future miracle or scientific concept to save us from ourselves...

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life

where I AM there YOU may be also

YOU just have to CHOOSE to GROW UP and be responsible for your personal thoughts and actions.

much like the Jesus character in scriptures.

take up YOUR OWN cross and DO the GROWN UP work YOURSELF.

when you leave the THINKING and responsibility to someone else or something else you are placing your faith and beliefs in make believe and pretend ENDS.

YES I do understand that even tho what I wrote could be understood by a small child such as I was at one TIME, that MOST ALL that read this will HAVE to go into EMERGENCY DEFAULT mode and DENY DENY DENY that what I wrote may be TRUE as if it is that would mean the they/YOU are just a BIG FRAUD playing make believe and pretend reality along with the others of the MANY and that it is THOSE like YOU that make the world what it IS.

I AM not complaining,

I AM just explaining and I know that what I write teases those that are small of thought.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 11:46:58 AM
At 7/17/2015 11:44:22 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I am 'unsaved' now thank goodness, LOL!

not sure what you mean??
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 12:15:54 PM
what is your opinion ??

good to meet you too....

graceofgod thank you for your post...
I reply: to your words... If the blood of Jesus covers all sins , it ,must be all sin for all time or it was only for those of the time Jesus was around..

IF...
If the Prodigal son DID NOT return to his father he would have died!! His father did not go after him to make him return.. He had to return to his father and salvation on his own!!!
The Sheep LOVE their way into heaven.. They "GIVE" to Jesus!
The Goats do NOTHING and lose their salvation.. Both had FAITH the Goats had "Faith ALONE"!

Also... You say; The blood of Jesus saves????!
I reply: How can it save you if, you refuse to "Drink It"!??
graceofgod You must accept the cup and DRINK, it must be in your DRINKING that the blood will save you!!! You reject the Blood of Jesus as only a symbol... Being in communion with symbols is called "IDOLATRY!"

LOOK. Christians have ALWAYS drank the "Blood Of Jesus"!
25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord"s death until he comes.
27* So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup.
29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

DID YOU SEE Verse #27*? You cannot sin against a SYMBOL! You sin against God!!!
graceofgod If you want eternal salvation.. "You MUST believe the words of Jesus"!!
AGAIN LOOK..
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Present Tense!!! has eternal life!!!

graceofgod Did you see verse #55? REAL FOOD.. REAL DRINK!!! Jesus cannot lie or mislead!!!
If Jesus was to lie or mislead he would NOT be perfect he would NOT be God!
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 12:26:21 PM
At 7/17/2015 12:15:54 PM, Dogknox wrote:
what is your opinion ??

good to meet you too....

graceofgod thank you for your post...
I reply: to your words... If the blood of Jesus covers all sins , it ,must be all sin for all time or it was only for those of the time Jesus was around..

IF...
If the Prodigal son DID NOT return to his father he would have died!! His father did not go after him to make him return.. He had to return to his father and salvation on his own!!!
The Sheep LOVE their way into heaven.. They "GIVE" to Jesus!
The Goats do NOTHING and lose their salvation.. Both had FAITH the Goats had "Faith ALONE"!

Also... You say; The blood of Jesus saves????!
I reply: How can it save you if, you refuse to "Drink It"!??
graceofgod You must accept the cup and DRINK, it must be in your DRINKING that the blood will save you!!! You reject the Blood of Jesus as only a symbol... Being in communion with symbols is called "IDOLATRY!"

LOOK. Christians have ALWAYS drank the "Blood Of Jesus"!
25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord"s death until he comes.
27* So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup.
29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

DID YOU SEE Verse #27*? You cannot sin against a SYMBOL! You sin against God!!!
graceofgod If you want eternal salvation.. "You MUST believe the words of Jesus"!!
AGAIN LOOK..
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

graceofgod Did you see verse #55? REAL FOOD.. REAL DRINK!!! Jesus cannot lie or mislead!!!

you take the covering of the blood when you accept Jesus as your saviour...

not sure what you are saying about not taking the blood, I am talking about those who are saved keeping their salvation...

of course Jesus cannot lie ..

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whom so ever believes on him shall not perish but have eternal life...

So we start with god's love, his love for us started it and made a reason for us to be reconciled with him.

he gave his only son, the son part of the trinity, god made an agreement with himself, why because if we were part of that covenant we would mess it up..

what do we have to do to qualify for this covenant.. "believe"...

the result we shall not perish but have eternal life...

the saved person is bought and paid for by the redemptive blood of Jesus, fully bought fully paid for, sin entered through one man so sin will be paid for by the sacrifice of one man...
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 3:28:19 PM
At 7/17/2015 12:26:21 PM, graceofgod wrote:

not sure what you are saying about not taking the blood, I am talking about those who are saved keeping their salvation...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whom so ever believes on him shall not perish but have eternal life...

So we start with god's love, his love for us started it and made a reason for us to be reconciled with him.

he gave his only son, the son part of the trinity, god made an agreement with himself, why because if we were part of that covenant we would mess it up..

the saved person is bought and paid for by the redemptive blood of Jesus, fully bought fully paid for, sin entered through one man so sin will be paid for by the sacrifice of one man...

I reply.. You are right to say.. God' words are true and give you eternal life... For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whom so ever believes on him shall not perish but have eternal life...

graceofgod To "BELIEVE IN JESUS " is to Believe the Words of Jesus!!!!!! This is the whole point.. Christians have ALWAYS drank the Blood of Jesus.. Christians BELIEVE IN Jesus.. They believe the words of "The WORD"!
graceofgod LOOK.. Jews are NOT Christian..
52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

Jews do NOT accept the TEACHING of Jesus they DO NOT believe Jesus is telling the truth.....
Jesus said to them, "I am telling you the truth: if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you will not have life in yourselves.

graceofgod These people do not follow after Jesus anymore they also like the Jews: "DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS' TEACHING" (below)

60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?" 66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

graceofgod Jesus did NOT call them back!! Jesus Did NOT say.. "Don't Go!" Jesus let them go in their Unbelief!!! They do not believe in Jesus, so they do NOT have eternal life!! FACT..
graceofgod fact is... Jesus is very serious in his teaching he turns and asks his Apostles if they are also going to leave him!! (below)

67 "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.

FACT: Jesus meant every word.. "His BLOOD is real drink"!
All the Apostles are Christians except Judas... Judas does NOT believe the "Blood of Jesus is real drink"! Judas is a devil.. a Hypocrite. Judas says he believes Jesus' teaching but in reality he, like you rejects it!!!

LOOK Christians have ALWAYS believed Jesus' body and blood is real food!
Ignatius of Antioch A.D. 110
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Ignatius of Antioch is a Christian!

Justin Martyr A.D. 151
"We call this food Eucharist, and no one else is permitted to partake of it, except one who believes our teaching to be true and who has been washed in the washing which is for the remission of sins and for regeneration [i.e., has received baptism] and is thereby living as Christ enjoined. For not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these; but since Jesus Christ our Savior was made incarnate by the word of God and had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so too, as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nurtured, is both the flesh and the blood of that incarnated Jesus" (First Apology 66 [A.D. 151]).

Justin Martyr is a Christian.. He tells you; "He TEACHES the Blood is real drink!! (above) ..... except one who believes our teaching to be true....

Irenaeus is a Christian A.D. 189
"If the Lord were from other than the Father, how could he rightly take bread, which is of the same creation as our own, and confess it to be his body and affirm that the mixture in the cup is his blood?" (Against Heresies 4:33"32 [A.D. 189]).

Do you see it? Irenaeus would call thoses who reject Jesus' blood as drink "A Heretic"!

graceofgod Even Martin Luther seventeen hundred years after Jesus "Drank the Blood Of Jesus" to have eternal life"! The Blood of Jesus cannot save you .. You call it only SYMBOLIC!! You do NOT drink it!!!

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 4:02:43 PM
At 7/17/2015 3:28:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/17/2015 12:26:21 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I reply.. You are right to say.. God' words are true and give you eternal life... For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whom so ever believes on him shall not perish but have eternal life...

graceofgod To "BELIEVE IN JESUS " is to Believe the Words of Jesus!!!!!! This is the whole point.. Christians have ALWAYS drank the Blood of Jesus.. Christians BELIEVE IN Jesus.. They believe the words of "The WORD"!
graceofgod LOOK.. Jews are NOT Christian..
52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

Jews do NOT accept the TEACHING of Jesus they DO NOT believe Jesus is telling the truth.....
Jesus said to them, "I am telling you the truth: if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you will not have life in yourselves.

graceofgod These people do not follow after Jesus anymore they also like the Jews: "DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS' TEACHING" (below)

60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?" 66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

graceofgod Jesus did NOT call them back!! Jesus Did NOT say.. "Don't Go!" Jesus let them go in their Unbelief!!! They do not believe in Jesus, so they do NOT have eternal life!! FACT..
graceofgod fact is... Jesus is very serious in his teaching he turns and asks his Apostles if they are also going to leave him!! (below)

67 "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.

FACT: Jesus meant every word.. "His BLOOD is real drink"!
All the Apostles are Christians except Judas... Judas does NOT believe the "Blood of Jesus is real drink"! Judas is a devil.. a Hypocrite. Judas says he believes Jesus' teaching but in reality he, like you rejects it!!!

LOOK Christians have ALWAYS believed Jesus' body and blood is real food!
Ignatius of Antioch A.D. 110
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Ignatius of Antioch is a Christian!

Justin Martyr A.D. 151
"We call this food Eucharist, and no one else is permitted to partake of it, except one who believes our teaching to be true and who has been washed in the washing which is for the remission of sins and for regeneration [i.e., has received baptism] and is thereby living as Christ enjoined. For not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these; but since Jesus Christ our Savior was made incarnate by the word of God and had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so too, as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nurtured, is both the flesh and the blood of that incarnated Jesus" (First Apology 66 [A.D. 151]).

Justin Martyr is a Christian.. He tells you; "He TEACHES the Blood is real drink!! (above) ..... except one who believes our teaching to be true....

Irenaeus is a Christian A.D. 189
"If the Lord were from other than the Father, how could he rightly take bread, which is of the same creation as our own, and confess it to be his body and affirm that the mixture in the cup is his blood?" (Against Heresies 4:33"32 [A.D. 189]).

Do you see it? Irenaeus would call thoses who reject Jesus' blood as drink "A Heretic"!

graceofgod Even Martin Luther seventeen hundred years after Jesus "Drank the Blood Of Jesus" to have eternal life"! The Blood of Jesus cannot save you .. You call it only SYMBOLIC!! You do NOT drink it!!!

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

the old laws were for the jews under the original covenant, the new covenant of Grace was brought in by Jesus..

Through Christ you gain salvation by his redeeming blood, it is not about what you as a believer do other than believing on Jesus as your saviour...

Saved by his Grace not your works...

he is the once and for all time perfect sacrifice, it does not have to be repeated like the cleansing blood of sheep and bulls...

when a sacrifice is given the sacrifice is looked at to see it is perfect, the person for whom the sacrifice is given is not examined..

the sacrifice takes on all the sin, the giver of the sacrifice takes on the virtue and sinlessness of the sacrifice...

we receive the free gift of the righteousness of Jesus when we accept his sacrifice for our sins, once and for all time, his free gift of righteousness is right standing with God for all time...

Jesus tore away the curtain that separated man from God, so through our perfect high priest we can know we can stand before God...blameless..

Jesus did it all for us, he fulfilled the commandments because we could not and we were never intended too...

Romans 5:12-21King James Version (KJV)

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Nicoszon_the_Great
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 4:20:41 PM
what is your opinion ??

Well as an atheist who 'fell' from a relatively devout faith, it wouldn't hurt, lol.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 6:36:55 PM
At 7/17/2015 4:02:43 PM, graceofgod wrote:
You said..
the old laws were for the jews under the original covenant, the new covenant of Grace was brought in by Jesus..

Through Christ you gain salvation by his redeeming blood, it is not about what you as a believer do other than believing on Jesus as your saviour...

Saved by his Grace not your works...

he is the once and for all time perfect sacrifice, it does not have to be repeated like the cleansing blood of sheep and bulls...

when a sacrifice is given the sacrifice is looked at to see it is perfect, the person for whom the sacrifice is given is not examined..

the sacrifice takes on all the sin, the giver of the sacrifice takes on the virtue and sinlessness of the sacrifice...

we receive the free gift of the righteousness of Jesus when we accept his sacrifice for our sins, once and for all time, his free gift of righteousness is right standing with God for all time...

Jesus tore away the curtain that separated man from God, so through our perfect high priest we can know we can stand before God...blameless..

Jesus did it all for us, he fulfilled the commandments because we could not and we were never intended too...

Romans 5:12-21 King James Version (KJV)

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the off

I reply: You are WRONG!!!!
You must do Good works!!! The Goats with their Faith ALONE were Dammed to Satan!
The Sheep with "Faith PLUS Good woks" went to heaven at the end time judgement! Faith ALONE first appeared seventeen hundred years AFTER Jesus.. It is a man made TRADITION!!

You said.. Through Christ you gain salvation by his redeeming blood, it is not about what you as a believer do other than believing on Jesus as your saviour...

I reply: You are WRONG: You MUST drink Jesus' blood to be saved by his BLOOD!
"My flesh is real food, my Blood is real drink"! In 1 Corinthians 11 they are "DRINKING JESUS' BLOOD"!!

Jews reject Jesus' words.. You do also!!
John 6:52 Then the Jews & graceofgod began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
Christians are NOT Jews!!! Jews reject Jesus' words.. You do also!!

graceofgod The Christian God can do all things.. Take any form he desires to take... "Smoke, Fire, Dove, Man yes even the form of food!" You are NOT Christian?; Your god is not all powerful!

Your words are true... he is the once and for all time perfect sacrifice, it does not have to be repeated like the cleansing blood of sheep and bulls...

YES: Jesus died Two Thousand years ago... We are still drinking his blood.. the Unblemished Lamb was killed at the Passover 2000 years ago! The Sacrifice is two thousand years old.. Christians are still eating the Unblemished Passover Lamb of God! The Last Supper was a Passover meal! (below)

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
&
Revelation 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

graceofgod In genesis.. Adam lost access to the "Tree Of Life" so he died! Jesus is a new Adam a second Adam.. Jesus has Access to the LIFE!!!
Jesus is LIFE; come down from heaven.. He feeds his body LIFE we MUST eat to live!!!
32 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

graceofgod Look (below) here are those words again "Eternal LIFE!"
47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life.

QUESTION.. Did Jesus lie? (above)

Christian believe the words of Jesus!! Christians EAT Jesus' flesh in the form of bread.. They BELIEVE in Jesus!
Same with his Blood; Christians have ALWAYS drank Jesus' holy BLOOD to have eternal life!! YOU MUST DRINK or you starve to death!!

53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

HAS... (Present tense above)... HAS Eternal life!! The Christian God is all powerful.. He can take the form of bread Christians eat the TRUE MANNA!!!!!
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 6:43:14 PM
what is your opinion ??

No.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 7:47:41 PM
what is your opinion ??

Yes
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:09:47 PM
At 7/17/2015 6:43:14 PM, TN05 wrote:
what is your opinion ??

No.

Good to meet you..
I reply: The Prodigal Son would have died if he did not return to his father! The Father did not go after him to save him!

The Prodigal Son would have lost his salvation if he did not have actions!!!

The Sheep and Goats at the end time judgement.... The Sheep are judged to go up to heaven because they have "Faith PLUS Love".. They GIVE to Jesus without expecting a reward! GIVING is NOT working!
The Goats have "Faith ALONE" they go down to Satan and eternal damnation!!! They have faith and that's it.. they were LOST because of their Inaction!!! They did not have Good works!!!
TN05 Faith ALONE is a man made TRADITION it is not biblical!

LOOK...Luke 10.
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

26 "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

27 He answered, ""Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"; and, "Love your neighbor as yourself.""

28 "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

TN05 verse #25 (above)... "what must YOU do to inherit eternal life?"
DOING something will save you.. what is it??

Did Jesus lie? verse #28 (above) "Did the man answer correctly?!"
Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
QUESTION..
TN05 What will happen if you DO NOT DO IT?; Will you live?!

I say NO you will lose salvation if you do NOT GIVE!.. DOING things from your HEART are actions of love.. You MUST LOVE to be saved!!
To disagree, you will have to reject the scriptures!!!!

1 Timothy 2:15 But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

TN05 QUESTION: Did you notice the word "IF" in the verse above? Notice the woman does not need Faith ALONE!?

God tells you: Faith, LOVE and Holiness saves her!!!
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 3:15:10 AM
what is your opinion ??

No.

amen..
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 3:18:44 AM
At 7/17/2015 9:09:47 PM, Dogknox wrote:
what is your opinion ??

No.

Good to meet you..
I reply: The Prodigal Son would have died if he did not return to his father! The Father did not go after him to save him!

The Prodigal Son would have lost his salvation if he did not have actions!!!

The Sheep and Goats at the end time judgement.... The Sheep are judged to go up to heaven because they have "Faith PLUS Love".. They GIVE to Jesus without expecting a reward! GIVING is NOT working!
The Goats have "Faith ALONE" they go down to Satan and eternal damnation!!! They have faith and that's it.. they were LOST because of their Inaction!!! They did not have Good works!!!
TN05 Faith ALONE is a man made TRADITION it is not biblical!

LOOK...Luke 10.
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

27 He answered, ""Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"; and, "Love your neighbor as yourself.""

TN05 verse #25 (above)... "what must YOU do to inherit eternal life?"
DOING something will save you.. what is it??

Did Jesus lie? verse #28 (above) "Did the man answer correctly?!"
Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
QUESTION..
TN05 What will happen if you DO NOT DO IT?; Will you live?!

I say NO you will lose salvation if you do NOT GIVE!.. DOING things from your HEART are actions of love.. You MUST LOVE to be saved!!
To disagree, you will have to reject the scriptures!!!!

1 Timothy 2:15 But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

TN05 QUESTION: Did you notice the word "IF" in the verse above? Notice the woman does not need Faith ALONE!?

God tells you: Faith, LOVE and Holiness saves her!!!

God's love saves you, by faith you accept his son as payment for your sins...

there is no no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus...

if we must still work for our salvation what did Jesus actually come to achieve...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 4:33:24 AM
what is your opinion ??

You remind me of a person known as "uwique" who used to knock around some of the forums.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 4:40:22 AM
At 7/18/2015 4:33:24 AM, annanicole wrote:
what is your opinion ??

You remind me of a person known as "uwique" who used to knock around some of the forums.

I am new to this forum, never been on it before..

But they sound like a good person...
anonymouswho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 6:24:04 AM
what is your opinion ??

Yes, because there are plenty of people here who were once believers, and now they no longer believe. If they confessed and believed once before, and now they don't, how could they still have salvation.

I think what is really important is to ask ourselves, what is Salvation? What is God saving us from. Is He saving us from total destruction, or destroying our lives? Does He save us from a massive fiery pit of hell, or is the Fire the means by which He saves us?

Please my friend, can you explain what the following verses mean?

"For EVERY ONE shall be salted with FIRE, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another." Mark 9:49

What does this mean? Why would a believer be salted with fire?

"Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE;
EVERY MAN'S work shall be made manifest: for the DAY shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by FIRE; and the FIRE shall TRY every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by FIRE." 1 Corinthians 3:12

What is Paul talking about? What day is he speaking of? If every man is subjected to this Fire, then what about believers?

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of FIRE and BRIMSTONE, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be TORMENTED (Greek basanizo) day and night for ever and ever (Greek eis tous aionas ton aionon; literally- unto the age of the ages)." Revelation 20:10

Is this verse literal? Why are all other verses in Revelation symbolic and "signified" to John, but this verse is literally speaking of tormenting someone into a lake of fire?

(Strongs concordance says the main definition of Basanizo is:

"to test (metals) by the touchstone, which is a black siliceous stone used to test the purity of gold or silver by the colour of the streak produced on it by rubbing it with either metal". Also- to examine)

(Strongs concordance says the definition of theion (brimstone) is:

"divine incense, because burning brimstone was regarded as having power to purify, and to ward off disease")

Is God going to torment 98% of mankind in a literal lake of fire, or is He going to test the gold, silver, and precious stones of their spirit, to refine and purify them?

This is Judgement. What is Judgement?

"Yea, in the way of thy JUDGMENTS, O LORD, have we WAITED for thee; the DESIRE of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the INHABITANTS OF THE WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS." Isaiah 26:8

And what of believers?

"For the time is come that JUDGMENT must BEGIN at the HOUSE OF GOD: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" 1 Peter 4:17

So if we are all subjected to this Fire and Judgement, what happens to the non-believer?

"For what if some did NOT BELIEVE? shall their UNBELIEF make the faith of God WITHOUT EFFECT?
GOD FORBID: yea, let God be true, but EVERY MAN A LIAR; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Romans 3:3

God is able to do all things. Anything God wants to happen is sure to happen. He is the Almighty. The Most High. What does God say He wants?

"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath DECLARED this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is NO God ELSE beside me; a JUST God and a SAVIOR; there is NONE beside me.
Look unto me, and be ye saved, ALL the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
I have SWORN by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me EVERY knee shall bow, EVERY tongue shall swear." Isaiah 45:21

I have much, much more to discuss with you, but I don't want to overwhelm you.

You asked if Yeshua's blood was enough to cover all of our sins. Yes, it was good enough to cover over EVERY sin. Because Yeshua came to save the world, and He did not fail. God is both willing and able to save all. And God ALWAYS gets what He wants.

Thank you my friend and God bless you.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 6:31:26 AM
At 7/17/2015 11:46:58 AM, graceofgod wrote:

not sure what you mean??

I did the very sick 'born again' craziness when I was 11, as I was told if I didn't I would burn in hell. Fortunately by the time I was 19 I realised it was not credible and kicked my faith into touch. I challenge those who believe in this unpleasant dogma, as it can be extremely abusive, and there is not one shred of evidence to support it.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 9:50:28 AM
At 7/18/2015 3:18:44 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 7/17/2015 9:09:47 PM, Dogknox wrote:

there is no no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus...

if we must still work for our salvation what did Jesus actually come to achieve...

graceofgod I hope all is well.. Thank you for your post..
I reply: The key word is "WORK"!!!! Work is down with the hands NOT the heart!! We MUST love... LOOK!

Do you see the word WORK here (below) The sheep do NOT work they do NOT have faith ALONE?
34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

37 "Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?"

Verse #37 (above) the Sheep are RIGHTEOUS!!!

graceofgod Work is done for a wage for a reward... These RIGHTEOUS Sheep go to heaven because they LOVE!
1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

graceofgod The one who does what is right is righteous DOING RIGHT.... SAVES!!!!

The Goats have Faith ALONE!!!
41 "Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me."
44 "They also will answer, "Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?"

The Goats and the sheep both ask "WHEN" to Jesus the judge! Proving both did not know it was Jesus they did/did not help!
graceofgod Both had FAITH.. The Sheep had Faith PLUS LOVE, they go to heaven!
The Protestant Goats have "Faith ALONE" they go down to Satan!

Look... Luke 10:25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

Verse #28 (above).. God tells you the man is correct.... To go to heaven you MUST LOVE... You HAVE TO LOVE!!!
graceofgod The man with Faith ALONE will never enter heaven!!!

NOTHING about work!!!

Ephesians 2 says it well... Look at verse #11 circumcision is not down by the heart.. It is working!!! It is a WORKS of the Law!! The Mosaic Law will not save you!!
graceofgod circumcision does NOT save!!! NOW look at verse #10 (below) "We are to do GOOD WORKS"!! You must reject Eph 2 to believe in "Faith ALONE saves!" Nothing about faith ALONE in eph 2!
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God"s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)"
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 3:50:11 PM
SCRIPTURES...
John 10:29
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand.

DO YOU SEE IT?! no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand Does...

Does NOT mean; God himself cannot take you out of his own hand and toss you into the fire!!!
If you do NOT do GOOD WORKS he will remove you from his hand!
NO ONE... Other then God, can take you out of his hand!!!

Does NOT mean you cannot lose salvation.. It means the opposite... It means you MUST LOVE or be removed from his hand!

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand. 30 I and the Father are one."

JESUS DOES GOOD WORKS.... Good Works save!!!
32 but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:36:23 AM
At 7/18/2015 6:31:26 AM, JJ50 wrote:

not sure what you mean??

I did the very sick 'born again' craziness when I was 11, as I was told if I didn't I would burn in hell. Fortunately by the time I was 19 I realised it was not credible and kicked my faith into touch. I challenge those who believe in this unpleasant dogma, as it can be extremely abusive, and there is not one shred of evidence to support it.

that's bible teaching, still not sure what"born again" crazies are
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:37:42 AM

not sure what you mean??

that's bible teaching you must chose to be with God... still not sure what"born again" crazies are though...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:42:23 AM
At 7/18/2015 3:50:11 PM, Dogknox wrote:
SCRIPTURES...
John 10:29
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand.

DO YOU SEE IT?! no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand Does...

Does NOT mean; God himself cannot take you out of his own hand and toss you into the fire!!!
If you do NOT do GOOD WORKS he will remove you from his hand!
NO ONE... Other then God, can take you out of his hand!!!

Does NOT mean you cannot lose salvation.. It means the opposite... It means you MUST LOVE or be removed from his hand!

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father"s hand. 30 I and the Father are one."

JESUS DOES GOOD WORKS.... Good Works save!!!
32 but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"

Amen there is no work for the believer to do other than accept Jesus by faith and their saviour..

Once we are saved we cannot be lost...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 10:46:15 AM
At 7/19/2015 10:37:42 AM, graceofgod wrote:

not sure what you mean??

that's bible teaching you must chose to be with God... still not sure what"born again" crazies are though...

Those who think you have to be 'saved'. There is no evidence any deity actually exists let alone its nature! The Bible is NOT evidence!