Total Posts:293|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Caitlyn Jenner: Mental Disorder

Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 7:17:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If someone walked around saying they were born to fly like a bird and tried to grow wings or undergo an operation to get wings we would call such a person mentally disturbed. Yet a man who says he feels like a woman and goes under surgery to look like a woman is praised and supported? Why is this not considered a mental disorder?

There is so much to say of the topic of transgenders. Men and women are different and naturally have a different psychological, emotional, and sexual attraction. It has always been the case. Society is built on the basis of this. This new concept of men and women being the same is the root cause for supporting homosexuality and transgenders. It is because people actually believe men and women are the same.

God's word on the other hand makes it clear that men and women are not the same emotionally and psychologically. They are different, thus playing a different role in family and society.

Is the belief that men and women are the same, homosexuality, and transgenders a case of mental disorder for not believing in God's Word?
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 7:33:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 7:17:22 PM, Fatihah wrote:
If someone walked around saying they were born to fly like a bird and tried to grow wings or undergo an operation to get wings we would call such a person mentally disturbed. Yet a man who says he feels like a woman and goes under surgery to look like a woman is praised and supported? Why is this not considered a mental disorder?

There is so much to say of the topic of transgenders. Men and women are different and naturally have a different psychological, emotional, and sexual attraction. It has always been the case. Society is built on the basis of this. This new concept of men and women being the same is the root cause for supporting homosexuality and transgenders. It is because people actually believe men and women are the same.

God's word on the other hand makes it clear that men and women are not the same emotionally and psychologically. They are different, thus playing a different role in family and society.

Is the belief that men and women are the same, homosexuality, and transgenders a case of mental disorder for not believing in God's Word?

Firstly, it's not a choice, and from what I understand is a difference in development in brain physiology. Wanting wings had no basis in brain physiology so is can be ascribed as a mental disorder.

If transgender people suffered from a mental disorder, which it can be shown they don't as it doesn't really stack up to any of the criteria, then your brand of delusional personality disorder that you call "your faith" would also be defined as such as it demonstrably limits your ability to reason normally. However, Caitlyn Jenners condition doesn't affect any others.

However kudos for not referring to her by her former name.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 7:44:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 7:33:19 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

Firstly, it's not a choice, and from what I understand is a difference in development in brain physiology. Wanting wings had no basis in brain physiology so is can be ascribed as a mental disorder.

If transgender people suffered from a mental disorder, which it can be shown they don't as it doesn't really stack up to any of the criteria, then your brand of delusional personality disorder that you call "your faith" would also be defined as such as it demonstrably limits your ability to reason normally. However, Caitlyn Jenners condition doesn't affect any others.

However kudos for not referring to her by her former name.

Response: The act of sex with the same gender and letting someone operate on you is a choice, and since men and women differ psychologically and emotionally, the choosing to do both is a mental disorder.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 7:58:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 7:44:17 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 7:33:19 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

Firstly, it's not a choice, and from what I understand is a difference in development in brain physiology. Wanting wings had no basis in brain physiology so is can be ascribed as a mental disorder.

If transgender people suffered from a mental disorder, which it can be shown they don't as it doesn't really stack up to any of the criteria, then your brand of delusional personality disorder that you call "your faith" would also be defined as such as it demonstrably limits your ability to reason normally. However, Caitlyn Jenners condition doesn't affect any others.

However kudos for not referring to her by her former name.

Response: The act of sex with the same gender and letting someone operate on you is a choice, and since men and women differ psychologically and emotionally, the choosing to do both is a mental disorder.

The development of the brain during pregnancy is highly complex, and down to the interaction of innumerable hormones and developmental signals; all of which have some ability to be interferred with.

In these situations, your physical body can development as your genetic gender; but your brain can develop a gender identity contrary to your genetic and physical gender. IE: Your body has developed into a male/female normally, but the development of the brain has gone down the path of a female; so your brain and physiology are now different.

Moreover, this development can indeed also be confused when the brain is developing capabilities for emotional responses to other people. You can be born a male AND female, but the part of your brain that is responsible for determining who you are attracted to can develop contrary to your physical gender.

In such circumstances, this is "natural", in that it is the inbuilt mechanisms by which you develop can lead to the fantastic diversity of who people are. Including Gays, Lesbians and Transgender.

If God didn't want gay people or transgender people to exist; he could easily have not made the processes subject to this sort of deviation from physical gender.

But, God did make it that way; and as I'm pretty sure God wouldn't be mean, vicious or horrible enough to cause someone to be a specific way and then demand they go to hell if they act on it.

Seriously, how would you feel if you fell in love with someone who meant everything to you, and you were told by someone that you weren't allowed to do anything about it, or else you will be sent to hell?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:07:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 7:58:27 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

The development of the brain during pregnancy is highly complex, and down to the interaction of innumerable hormones and developmental signals; all of which have some ability to be interferred with.

In these situations, your physical body can development as your genetic gender; but your brain can develop a gender identity contrary to your genetic and physical gender. IE: Your body has developed into a male/female normally, but the development of the brain has gone down the path of a female; so your brain and physiology are now different.

Moreover, this development can indeed also be confused when the brain is developing capabilities for emotional responses to other people. You can be born a male AND female, but the part of your brain that is responsible for determining who you are attracted to can develop contrary to your physical gender.

In such circumstances, this is "natural", in that it is the inbuilt mechanisms by which you develop can lead to the fantastic diversity of who people are. Including Gays, Lesbians and Transgender.

If God didn't want gay people or transgender people to exist; he could easily have not made the processes subject to this sort of deviation from physical gender.

But, God did make it that way; and as I'm pretty sure God wouldn't be mean, vicious or horrible enough to cause someone to be a specific way and then demand they go to hell if they act on it.

Seriously, how would you feel if you fell in love with someone who meant everything to you, and you were told by someone that you weren't allowed to do anything about it, or else you will be sent to hell?

Response: The Brain has nothing to do with the difference between men and women emotionally and psychologically. You can't name an experiment on Earth of brain manipulation that makes a man behave like a woman and vice versa. Secondly, all MRI scans are based on asking the patient's questions FIRST about how they feel. That shows that the brain is irrelevant because if it was just based on the brain there would be no need to ask how they feel.

So the delusion of calling men and women the same stems from a mental disorder from not believing in God's word.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:09:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes, because people's brains can't be naturally structured in such a way that their gender identity is that of the opposite gender.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:16:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 7:17:22 PM, Fatihah wrote:
If someone walked around saying they were born to fly like a bird and tried to grow wings or undergo an operation to get wings we would call such a person mentally disturbed. Yet a man who says he feels like a woman and goes under surgery to look like a woman is praised and supported? Why is this not considered a mental disorder?

There is so much to say of the topic of transgenders. Men and women are different and naturally have a different psychological, emotional, and sexual attraction. It has always been the case. Society is built on the basis of this. This new concept of men and women being the same is the root cause for supporting homosexuality and transgenders. It is because people actually believe men and women are the same.

God's word on the other hand makes it clear that men and women are not the same emotionally and psychologically. They are different, thus playing a different role in family and society.

Is the belief that men and women are the same, homosexuality, and transgenders a case of mental disorder for not believing in God's Word?

I think that believing that the Koran is the word of Allah, as related by the pedophile Mohammed, is far more a serious mental disorder than any gay or transgendered person might have.

And Mohammed was almost certainly crazy.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:17:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:07:07 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 7:58:27 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

The development of the brain during pregnancy is highly complex, and down to the interaction of innumerable hormones and developmental signals; all of which have some ability to be interferred with.

In these situations, your physical body can development as your genetic gender; but your brain can develop a gender identity contrary to your genetic and physical gender. IE: Your body has developed into a male/female normally, but the development of the brain has gone down the path of a female; so your brain and physiology are now different.

Moreover, this development can indeed also be confused when the brain is developing capabilities for emotional responses to other people. You can be born a male AND female, but the part of your brain that is responsible for determining who you are attracted to can develop contrary to your physical gender.

In such circumstances, this is "natural", in that it is the inbuilt mechanisms by which you develop can lead to the fantastic diversity of who people are. Including Gays, Lesbians and Transgender.

If God didn't want gay people or transgender people to exist; he could easily have not made the processes subject to this sort of deviation from physical gender.

But, God did make it that way; and as I'm pretty sure God wouldn't be mean, vicious or horrible enough to cause someone to be a specific way and then demand they go to hell if they act on it.

Seriously, how would you feel if you fell in love with someone who meant everything to you, and you were told by someone that you weren't allowed to do anything about it, or else you will be sent to hell?

Response: The Brain has nothing to do with the difference between men and women emotionally and psychologically.

Unfortunatley, you are in disagreement with facts here.

You can't name an experiment on Earth of brain manipulation that makes a man behave like a woman and vice versa.

With what possible logic do you think we could do that were it even possible? We are VERY limited in how we can interact with and manipulate the brain. Considering that we cannot modify the brain to make someone love someone else, or to not love them; I think this says much, much more about our ability to do things to the brain than it does the fact of the physiological response.

Secondly, all MRI scans are based on asking the patient's questions FIRST about how they feel. That shows that the brain is irrelevant because if it was just based on the brain there would be no need to ask how they feel.

This is literally incoherent. If when a study is conducted they knew exactly how the brain worked, we wouldn't need to ask anyone anything. The reasons for asking the questions is to correlate between emotional response and physical activity.

So yes, you illicit an emotional response, measure the physical brain activity, then ask to make sure the person had that specific response. This allows you to correlate (with large enough samples), what having an emotional response does in the brain.

When conducting it in gay men, their brains physically respond in the same way as a female would respond.

So the delusion of calling men and women the same stems from a mental disorder from not believing in God's word.

No. This is your belief, caused by a significant inability to think coherently or rationally to the point of being either gross stupidity, or a definitive personality disorder which IS a type of mental disorder.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:19:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:16:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:


I think that believing that the Koran is the word of Allah, as related by the pedophile Mohammed, is far more a serious mental disorder than any gay or transgendered person might have.

And Mohammed was almost certainly crazy.

Response: You started your sentence with "I think....". You don't think, thus refuting yourself.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:23:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:19:26 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:16:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:


I think that believing that the Koran is the word of Allah, as related by the pedophile Mohammed, is far more a serious mental disorder than any gay or transgendered person might have.

And Mohammed was almost certainly crazy.

Response: You started your sentence with "I think....". You don't think, thus refuting yourself.

From an article by a Psychiatrist who has evaluated past alleged prophets.......

A Psychobiography of Allah's Prophet, will likely cement that position. In it, Sina suggests that Islam's central figure suffered from a series of mental disorders, including narcissistic personality disorder, temporal lobe epilepsy and obsessive compulsive disorder. "These disorders," he says via telephone, "can explain the phenomenon known as Islam... which is nothing but one man's insanity."
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:25:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:17:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:07:07 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 7:58:27 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

The development of the brain during pregnancy is highly complex, and down to the interaction of innumerable hormones and developmental signals; all of which have some ability to be interferred with.

In these situations, your physical body can development as your genetic gender; but your brain can develop a gender identity contrary to your genetic and physical gender. IE: Your body has developed into a male/female normally, but the development of the brain has gone down the path of a female; so your brain and physiology are now different.

Moreover, this development can indeed also be confused when the brain is developing capabilities for emotional responses to other people. You can be born a male AND female, but the part of your brain that is responsible for determining who you are attracted to can develop contrary to your physical gender.

In such circumstances, this is "natural", in that it is the inbuilt mechanisms by which you develop can lead to the fantastic diversity of who people are. Including Gays, Lesbians and Transgender.

If God didn't want gay people or transgender people to exist; he could easily have not made the processes subject to this sort of deviation from physical gender.

But, God did make it that way; and as I'm pretty sure God wouldn't be mean, vicious or horrible enough to cause someone to be a specific way and then demand they go to hell if they act on it.

Seriously, how would you feel if you fell in love with someone who meant everything to you, and you were told by someone that you weren't allowed to do anything about it, or else you will be sent to hell?

Response: The Brain has nothing to do with the difference between men and women emotionally and psychologically.

Unfortunatley, you are in disagreement with facts here.

You can't name an experiment on Earth of brain manipulation that makes a man behave like a woman and vice versa.

With what possible logic do you think we could do that were it even possible? We are VERY limited in how we can interact with and manipulate the brain. Considering that we cannot modify the brain to make someone love someone else, or to not love them; I think this says much, much more about our ability to do things to the brain than it does the fact of the physiological response.


Secondly, all MRI scans are based on asking the patient's questions FIRST about how they feel. That shows that the brain is irrelevant because if it was just based on the brain there would be no need to ask how they feel.

This is literally incoherent. If when a study is conducted they knew exactly how the brain worked, we wouldn't need to ask anyone anything. The reasons for asking the questions is to correlate between emotional response and physical activity.

So yes, you illicit an emotional response, measure the physical brain activity, then ask to make sure the person had that specific response. This allows you to correlate (with large enough samples), what having an emotional response does in the brain.

When conducting it in gay men, their brains physically respond in the same way as a female would respond.

So the delusion of calling men and women the same stems from a mental disorder from not believing in God's word.

No. This is your belief, caused by a significant inability to think coherently or rationally to the point of being either gross stupidity, or a definitive personality disorder which IS a type of mental disorder.

Response: And the gay man's response is recorded according to how he subjectively feels. Therefore, scientific evidence does NOT say that emotions are the same. It says the chemical reactions to the same emotional perceptions are the same.

So claiming men and women are the same emotionally and psychologically stems from a mental disorder for not believing in God's word.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:27:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:19:26 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:16:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:


I think that believing that the Koran is the word of Allah, as related by the pedophile Mohammed, is far more a serious mental disorder than any gay or transgendered person might have.

And Mohammed was almost certainly crazy.

Response: You started your sentence with "I think....". You don't think, thus refuting yourself.

And yet some more evidence that Mohammed was not playing with a full deck. You should read this book!

http://www.amazon.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:28:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:23:06 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

From an article by a Psychiatrist who has evaluated past alleged prophets.......

A Psychobiography of Allah's Prophet, will likely cement that position. In it, Sina suggests that Islam's central figure suffered from a series of mental disorders, including narcissistic personality disorder, temporal lobe epilepsy and obsessive compulsive disorder. "These disorders," he says via telephone, "can explain the phenomenon known as Islam... which is nothing but one man's insanity."


Response: Sina is living today. So only an idiot would think he tested a man who lived 1400+ years ago. Another example of atheist mental disorders.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:30:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Well...for starters.......Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

I have a degree in Psych and work in the field. If you are sincerely serious with any questions on this topic I will be happy to answer them for you.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:31:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Response: A psychological condition that is different from what is in accordance to nature.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:32:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:30:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Well...for starters.......Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

I have a degree in Psych and work in the field. If you are sincerely serious with any questions on this topic I will be happy to answer them for you.

Response: How does one with a mental disorder have a degree in mental health?
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:34:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:28:14 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:23:06 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

From an article by a Psychiatrist who has evaluated past alleged prophets.......

A Psychobiography of Allah's Prophet, will likely cement that position. In it, Sina suggests that Islam's central figure suffered from a series of mental disorders, including narcissistic personality disorder, temporal lobe epilepsy and obsessive compulsive disorder. "These disorders," he says via telephone, "can explain the phenomenon known as Islam... which is nothing but one man's insanity."


Response: Sina is living today. So only an idiot would think he tested a man who lived 1400+ years ago. Another example of atheist mental disorders.

Wrong. Spoken my somebody who has no clue about history or psychology. We can tell be his letters and writings, as well as from those written by people who knew him. When you read a personal letter from somebody it is as accurate as speaking with them in person insofar as determining their state of mind and mental balance.

We have done this many times in assessing psychological fitness. Written materials are also admissible in a court of law insofar as making a diagnosis of mental competence.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:35:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:34:08 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Wrong. Spoken my somebody who has no clue about history or psychology. We can tell be his letters and writings, as well as from those written by people who knew him. When you read a personal letter from somebody it is as accurate as speaking with them in person insofar as determining their state of mind and mental balance.

We have done this many times in assessing psychological fitness. Written materials are also admissible in a court of law insofar as making a diagnosis of mental competence.

Response: Wrong. You copied and pasted a quote. That's not science. That's a dummy. Thanks for the confirmation.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:38:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:19:26 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:16:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:


I think that believing that the Koran is the word of Allah, as related by the pedophile Mohammed, is far more a serious mental disorder than any gay or transgendered person might have.

And Mohammed was almost certainly crazy.

Response: You started your sentence with "I think....". You don't think, thus refuting yourself.

LOL...and THIS is written by a Muslim!

http://1400years.org...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:47:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:35:47 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:34:08 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Wrong. Spoken my somebody who has no clue about history or psychology. We can tell be his letters and writings, as well as from those written by people who knew him. When you read a personal letter from somebody it is as accurate as speaking with them in person insofar as determining their state of mind and mental balance.

We have done this many times in assessing psychological fitness. Written materials are also admissible in a court of law insofar as making a diagnosis of mental competence.

Response: Wrong. You copied and pasted a quote. That's not science. That's a dummy. Thanks for the confirmation.

Read my pdf document written by a Muslim psychiatrist.

Look, numb nuts: you would not know science if it bit you in your camel-dung covered asss. Perhaps you would share your background in the field? Also, and I mean no offense here, but I --and other DDO members who have PM'd me are wondering: are you suffering from some sort of mental condition yourself? A past TBI perhaps? How far did you go in school? Are you perhaps dyslexic?

Again...these are sincere questions. Let us know so we can adjust our posts to you in a matter more befitting your cognitive level. In other words, "dumb then down a little."

Thanks.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:50:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:31:12 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Response: A psychological condition that is different from what is in accordance to nature.

So how did you determine that a man who developed a brain state through natural means where he believes he is really a woman, goes against nature?
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:51:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:30:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Well...for starters.......Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

I have a degree in Psych and work in the field. If you are sincerely serious with any questions on this topic I will be happy to answer them for you.

I'm not really interested. I'm just displaying the contradiction of Fatihah's position.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:54:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 7:17:22 PM, Fatihah wrote:
If someone walked around saying they were born to fly like a bird and tried to grow wings or undergo an operation to get wings we would call such a person mentally disturbed. Yet a man who says he feels like a woman and goes under surgery to look like a woman is praised and supported? Why is this not considered a mental disorder?

There is so much to say of the topic of transgenders. Men and women are different and naturally have a different psychological, emotional, and sexual attraction. It has always been the case. Society is built on the basis of this. This new concept of men and women being the same is the root cause for supporting homosexuality and transgenders. It is because people actually believe men and women are the same.

God's word on the other hand makes it clear that men and women are not the same emotionally and psychologically. They are different, thus playing a different role in family and society.

Is the belief that men and women are the same, homosexuality, and transgenders a case of mental disorder for not believing in God's Word?

It is a mental disorder.

Scientific tests have shown that the brain structures in those identifying as "transgender" are different.

Now this difference in brain chemistry is just like other mental disorders. The presence of the structure does not mean someone will be a transgender, or even have any confusion about their sexuality.

But the structure does predispose a person to a complex process of development. If they have the brain structure, sexual trauma in youth, and other factors..

A chronic depression can form that is conflated with an identity issue.

Take a look at this excerpt for explaining depression:

"Experts are not sure what causes dysthymia or depression. Genes may play a role, but many affected people will not have a family history of depression, and others with family history will not have depression problems. Abnormal functioning in brain circuits or nerve cell pathways that connect different brain regions regulating mood are also thought to be involved. Major life stressors, chronic illness, medications, and relationship or work problems may also increase the chances of dysthymia in people biologically predisposed to developing depression."

Does anyone know what exactly causes someone to be transgender? no. There have been some correlation to being a youngest son, chemical, and brain structures. But nothing anymore evident for transgenderism than depression.

In fact: John Hopkins declines to do Gender Reassignment surgery because they have concluded that it is not a treatment to the underlining problems.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
http://www.wsj.com...

When someone has conception that do not align with the reality we call them mentally ill.

Such as Rachel Dozenal being ridiculed for a cosmetic change in skin color. And like many transgenders who passed themselves off with fake stories of childhood and family to backup their fake gender, Rachel did the same for black. She obviously is enamored and completely dedicated to the black culture.

At any point it saddens me to see mental disorders be treated by attempting to give patients an escape from reality instead of facing it.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:54:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:51:50 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:30:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Well...for starters.......Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

I have a degree in Psych and work in the field. If you are sincerely serious with any questions on this topic I will be happy to answer them for you.

I'm not really interested. I'm just displaying the contradiction of Fatihah's position.

Faitah does not really have a position, except to parrot whatever his Koran tells him.

I am of the opinion that he has probably never had an original thought regarding the fields of Science or Theology in his entire life.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 8:57:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:54:55 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:51:50 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:30:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Well...for starters.......Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

I have a degree in Psych and work in the field. If you are sincerely serious with any questions on this topic I will be happy to answer them for you.

I'm not really interested. I'm just displaying the contradiction of Fatihah's position.

Faitah does not really have a position, except to parrot whatever his Koran tells him.

I am of the opinion that he has probably never had an original thought regarding the fields of Science or Theology in his entire life.

His position is that he is right because he says so and the act of arguing against him is proof that he is right, therefore there is no need for him to present any valid argumentation... ever.
Saint_of_Me
Posts: 2,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:04:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:57:11 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:54:55 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:51:50 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:30:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Well...for starters.......Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

I have a degree in Psych and work in the field. If you are sincerely serious with any questions on this topic I will be happy to answer them for you.

I'm not really interested. I'm just displaying the contradiction of Fatihah's position.

Faitah does not really have a position, except to parrot whatever his Koran tells him.

I am of the opinion that he has probably never had an original thought regarding the fields of Science or Theology in his entire life.

His position is that he is right because he says so and the act of arguing against him is proof that he is right, therefore there is no need for him to present any valid argumentation... ever.

Indeed. He exemplifies everything I loathe about Religious Zealots. And also it was people who are imbued with his type of circular reasoning and bovine-like adherence to their absurd theological dogma that chased me out of religion when I was in my mid-teens.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:18:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:25:33 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:17:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:07:07 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 7:58:27 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

The development of the brain during pregnancy is highly complex, and down to the interaction of innumerable hormones and developmental signals; all of which have some ability to be interferred with.

In these situations, your physical body can development as your genetic gender; but your brain can develop a gender identity contrary to your genetic and physical gender. IE: Your body has developed into a male/female normally, but the development of the brain has gone down the path of a female; so your brain and physiology are now different.

Moreover, this development can indeed also be confused when the brain is developing capabilities for emotional responses to other people. You can be born a male AND female, but the part of your brain that is responsible for determining who you are attracted to can develop contrary to your physical gender.

In such circumstances, this is "natural", in that it is the inbuilt mechanisms by which you develop can lead to the fantastic diversity of who people are. Including Gays, Lesbians and Transgender.

If God didn't want gay people or transgender people to exist; he could easily have not made the processes subject to this sort of deviation from physical gender.

But, God did make it that way; and as I'm pretty sure God wouldn't be mean, vicious or horrible enough to cause someone to be a specific way and then demand they go to hell if they act on it.

Seriously, how would you feel if you fell in love with someone who meant everything to you, and you were told by someone that you weren't allowed to do anything about it, or else you will be sent to hell?

Response: The Brain has nothing to do with the difference between men and women emotionally and psychologically.

Unfortunatley, you are in disagreement with facts here.

You can't name an experiment on Earth of brain manipulation that makes a man behave like a woman and vice versa.

With what possible logic do you think we could do that were it even possible? We are VERY limited in how we can interact with and manipulate the brain. Considering that we cannot modify the brain to make someone love someone else, or to not love them; I think this says much, much more about our ability to do things to the brain than it does the fact of the physiological response.


Secondly, all MRI scans are based on asking the patient's questions FIRST about how they feel. That shows that the brain is irrelevant because if it was just based on the brain there would be no need to ask how they feel.

This is literally incoherent. If when a study is conducted they knew exactly how the brain worked, we wouldn't need to ask anyone anything. The reasons for asking the questions is to correlate between emotional response and physical activity.

So yes, you illicit an emotional response, measure the physical brain activity, then ask to make sure the person had that specific response. This allows you to correlate (with large enough samples), what having an emotional response does in the brain.

When conducting it in gay men, their brains physically respond in the same way as a female would respond.

So the delusion of calling men and women the same stems from a mental disorder from not believing in God's word.

No. This is your belief, caused by a significant inability to think coherently or rationally to the point of being either gross stupidity, or a definitive personality disorder which IS a type of mental disorder.

Response: And the gay man's response is recorded according to how he subjectively feels. Therefore, scientific evidence does NOT say that emotions are the same. It says the chemical reactions to the same emotional perceptions are the same.

The scientific evidence shows that the physical emotional response is the same. You have no argument, evidence of logic to say that they must be different other than "because you say so"

So claiming men and women are the same emotionally and psychologically stems from a mental disorder for not believing in God's word.

No, as I said, those responses are the same, and physical emotional responses these people feel are the same.

And, even if it were a mental disorder; not believing in Gods words causing makes no sense. Why? What causative effect would it have?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 9:21:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:32:57 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:30:34 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/17/2015 8:22:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Please define "Mental disorder".

Well...for starters.......Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

I have a degree in Psych and work in the field. If you are sincerely serious with any questions on this topic I will be happy to answer them for you.

Response: How does one with a mental disorder have a degree in mental health?

The mental health field has a significantly higher amount of people who have mental disorders.

Some suggest this is an indication that they know something is not totally right, and seek self treatment.

I think it is because if you don't want to talk about, say anything about, be shown wrong about, or have to defend anything about reality... then a great place is mental health where every crazy idea is entertained and a culture of appeasement is full blown.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2015 11:15:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/17/2015 8:50:11 PM, Double_R wrote:

So how did you determine that a man who developed a brain state through natural means where he believes he is really a woman, goes against nature?

Response: The same way you determined it is in accordance to nature.