Total Posts:125|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

can someone tell me why evolution is false?

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:15:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/19/2015 11:54:29 AM, icetiger200 wrote:
I think evolution is true but can you tell me why it's false?

The Pope can't even tell you why evolution is false, he understands it's a fact of nature.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:22:06 PM
At 7/19/2015 1:20:45 PM, janesix wrote:
Can you tell me why evolution is true?

Yes, it meets both requirements of what we observe in nature; 1) natural selection 2) diversity of species.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:26:24 PM
At 7/19/2015 1:22:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yes, it meets both requirements of what we observe in nature; 1) natural selection 2) diversity of species.

Natural selection and diversity of species don't prove evolution. Natural selection could be God's way of weeding out accidents. And diversity could just be God's creativity.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:50:43 PM
At 7/19/2015 1:26:24 PM, janesix wrote:
At 7/19/2015 1:22:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Natural selection and diversity of species don't prove evolution.

No one said it did.

Natural selection could be God's way of weeding out accidents. And diversity could just be God's creativity.

Sure, whatever fairy tales you wish to introduce are fine if that's what you want to believe. But, it's got nothing to do with the facts.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:59:31 PM

It depends on what do you mean with evolution. If you mean that all species have come from single species, I consider it false, because there is no evidence in nature for it. We don"t see things happen as evolution theory suggests. And if species would really have ability to develop like evolution theory suggests, it should be seen in nature, or at least in laboratory.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 2:31:13 PM
I'll tell you this.

It has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:13:50 PM

Honest answer: no.

Dishonest answer: the jump from bacteria to human has never been recorded on a videocamera so how can you possibly know this is true? hm? HOW.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:14:10 PM
At 7/19/2015 1:59:31 PM, 12_13 wrote:

It depends on what do you mean with evolution. If you mean that all species have come from single species, I consider it false, because there is no evidence in nature for it. We don"t see things happen as evolution theory suggests. And if species would really have ability to develop like evolution theory suggests, it should be seen in nature, or at least in laboratory.

Amazing insight. Have you tried presenting this to biologists? I am sure they would be interested in your knowledge of this subject.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:15:26 PM
At 7/19/2015 3:13:50 PM, Otokage wrote:

Dishonest answer: the jump from bacteria to human has never been recorded on a videocamera so how can you possibly know this is true? hm? HOW.

The birth of Christ wasn't captured on camera either.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:16:29 PM
Cos a bronze age goatshagger didn't know it existed and created a god to explain some things.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:17:36 PM
At 7/19/2015 3:15:26 PM, Double_R wrote:

But was recorded on The Holy Bible.

Checkmate, atheist.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:22:06 PM
At 7/19/2015 3:17:36 PM, Otokage wrote:

Checkmate, atheist.

How do you know it was recorded in the bible? Do you have a video camera recording of the witnesses writing it down?
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:34:23 PM
At 7/19/2015 3:22:06 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 7/19/2015 3:17:36 PM, Otokage wrote:

Checkmate, atheist.

How do you know it was recorded in the bible? Do you have a video camera recording of the witnesses writing it down?

http://cdn.smosh.com...
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 4:34:00 PM

The big bang = trillions x trillions x trillions,etc,etc of atoms being thrown out in oblivion but all landing perfectly to make all of creation---- impossible.

reality--- In the beginning -GOD- created everything. intelligent design.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:15:51 PM

http://dictionary.reference.com...
Evolution....
1. any process of formation or growth; development:
the evolution of a language; the evolution of the airplane

2. a product of such development; something evolved :
The exploration of space is the evolution of decades of research.

3. Biology. change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.

4. a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.

5. a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.

6. a pattern formed by or as if by a series of movements:
the evolutions of a figure skater.

7. an evolving or giving off of gas, heat, etc.

Synonyms
1. unfolding, change, progression, metamorphosis.

Which of the above is true and which is false?
Any process of formation, growth, development and change can be observed by anyone who observes nature daily.
The processes of change and growth obviously happen in many different ways and they do not take billions of years either.
Changes and growth in living things happen very fast compared to the idea that they take billions of years.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:26:01 PM

Who claims humans came from bacteria?

Humans come from humans.
Humans grow bacteria on their bodies
Bacteria does not grow into humans, not even over billions of years.

If bacteria evolved into humans over billions of years why does bacteria still exist? Why has it not become extinct due to all the "adaptation" it had to go though to become human?

Gullible people will believe the fairy tales society likes to promote.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:37:56 PM

I think it's false because there is no evidence for evolution other than adaptations resulting from various environmental pressures. Only through genetic manipulations will lines become blurred.
Nicoszon_the_Great
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:41:45 PM
At 7/19/2015 7:37:56 PM, Serato wrote:

I think it's false because there is no evidence for evolution other than adaptations resulting from various environmental pressures. Only through genetic manipulations will lines become blurred.

But you realise that what you just said IS evolution?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:51:16 PM
At 7/19/2015 7:26:01 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Humans come from humans.

If bacteria evolved into humans over billions of years why does bacteria still exist? Why has it not become extinct due to all the "adaptation" it had to go though to become human?

Why does bacteria still exist?

LOL. That's an old and nonsensical parlay of the old Creationist argument "If man came from apes why are there still apes?"

Duh. For the same reason that kids evolve into adults and there are still kids. That is why.

And we DID NOT evolve from the apes...we simply share a common ancestor. Which we 'broke off" from about 7 million years ago.

Do yourself a favor. Even if you do not agree with this video...it is till worth five minutes of your time. And the music is great! LOL. It does not go quite all the way back to when we were single-cell microbes, but it does go to the "fish" stage.

Check it out.................https://www.youtube.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:52:56 PM

We have evidence out the ying yang. Including millions of transitional fossils.

Do yourself a huge favor and take five minute out of your busy schedule and watch this amazing video. You will one day thank me for it.

YW.

https://www.youtube.com...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:08:42 PM
At 7/19/2015 7:51:16 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 7/19/2015 7:26:01 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Humans come from humans.

Why does bacteria still exist?

LOL. That's an old and nonsensical parlay of the old Creationist argument "If man came from apes why are there still apes?"

Duh. For the same reason that kids evolve into adults and there are still kids. That is why.

So you agree humans come from humans, not from bacteria?
You agree bacteria does not evolve into adults but Kids do?

And we DID NOT evolve from the apes...we simply share a common ancestor. Which we 'broke off" from about 7 million years ago.

You can believe you are a monkeys uncle if you wish.
All my ancestors are human. Humans come only from humans not from anything else.

Do yourself a favor. Even if you do not agree with this video...it is till worth five minutes of your time. And the music is great! LOL. It does not go quite all the way back to when we were single-cell microbes, but it does go to the "fish" stage.

Check it out.................https://www.youtube.com...

Something is fishy about that. However feel free to believe whatever fairy tales float your boat.

The only time I was a single cell was approx nine months before I was born. I was in my mothers womb at the time. I evolved from that single cell into a baby and was born and became an adult. It has all taken less than 100 years so far. I will eventually evolve into dust and will most likely end up blowing in the wind. ;-)

This is the real way humans evolve. It all happens relatively fast and you can observe every stage of the process these days. >
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:34:56 PM
At 7/19/2015 7:41:45 PM, Nicoszon_the_Great wrote:

But you realise that what you just said IS evolution?

Yes, I realize adaptations are forms of evolution, but never have any of these visible instances resulted in a change of kinds. Species evolve, yet never manifest into something new; a bear will always be a bear; a monkey will always stay a monkey, etc....
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:47:50 PM
At 7/19/2015 7:52:56 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Transitional fossils? We have fossils and nothing more. It takes a huge leap of faith to assume they're transitional (?) what is that supposed to mean? Sounds the same as saying these fossils are adaptations, but adaptations never result in a change of kinds. Adaptations have never produced a new species; they only adapt within their given construct. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

Do yourself a huge favor and take five minute out of your busy schedule and watch this amazing video. You will one day thank me for it.

YW.

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:49:28 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:47:50 PM, Serato wrote:

Transitional fossils? We have fossils and nothing more. It takes a huge leap of faith to assume they're transitional (?) what is that supposed to mean? Sounds the same as saying these fossils are adaptations, but adaptations never result in a change of kinds. Adaptations have never produced a new species; they only adapt within their given construct. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

YW.

Welcome back.

Time to learn.

Lesson #1................https://en.wikipedia.org...
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:52:28 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:49:28 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

YW.

Welcome back.

Time to learn.

What am I supposed to be learning?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:56:09 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:52:28 PM, Serato wrote:

YW.

Welcome back.

Time to learn.

Really?

You claimed there we no transitional fossils. I just showed you a link which proved there are thousands.

I see you haven't changed much during your hiatus.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 9:10:01 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:56:09 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

YW.

Welcome back.

Time to learn.

Really?

You claimed there we no transitional fossils. I just showed you a link which proved there are thousands.

I see you haven't changed much during your hiatus.

The only thing that link proved is that you'll believe just about anything that gets printed. How are those David Icke books coming along? What I don't understand is how you can believe in his ridiculous reptilian conspiracies, and believe in the conflicting conspiracy of evolution.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 9:19:16 PM

That denials are not arguments.