Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Pope Francis is not what he appears to be...

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 9:29:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am of the opinion that Francis is neither a misguided idealist or a fiery radical, but is rather a careful chess player who seeks to alter the philosophical focus of the church without radically altering doctrine. A lot of his image appears to be meticulously groomed to foster more support for Catholicism, and for his interpretation of it in particular. Politically, the man is beyond brilliant.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 9:34:29 AM
I really like the current pope, I get the impression that he is a good Christian.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 9:36:18 AM
At 7/21/2015 9:29:09 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I am of the opinion that Francis is neither a misguided idealist or a fiery radical, but is rather a careful chess player who seeks to alter the philosophical focus of the church without radically altering doctrine. A lot of his image appears to be meticulously groomed to foster more support for Catholicism, and for his interpretation of it in particular. Politically, the man is beyond brilliant.

A reptilian overlord perchance?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin