Jump to topic:

think god speaks through you?

steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 3:17:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
well think again. if an ALL KNOWING god spoke through believers it would make them look like much more than genuises. but the people who say god speaks through them are just as illogical if not more than none believers. if god did speak through you then you would be to us what we are to retards. actually you would seem even smarter than that as god knows everything. i find it impossible to believe that any religion that i know of is from an all knowing god when it is no more profound than something the average human can come up with. they didnt even get the morality right as we have had to change everything. if it were from an all powerful all knowing and good god it would have good morality. but the church has opposed everything christians call moral progress and more that i would call moral progress such as ending slavery, better treatment of colored races, the diminution of war, gay rights, animal rights etc. and i highly doubt that a good all knowing gods religion would be no more profound than something the average human could have come up with. its no wander we cant convert any of you to agnosticism or atheism or at least against religion while you still believe in god because your stupid and irrational if you believe in any religion. or a very lazy thinker. either way we need to grow up or die.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 3:20:54 PM
At 7/22/2015 3:17:51 PM, steffon66 wrote:
well think again. if an ALL KNOWING god spoke through believers it would make them look like much more than genuises. but the people who say god speaks through them are just as illogical if not more than none believers. if god did speak through you then you would be to us what we are to retards. actually you would seem even smarter than that as god knows everything. i find it impossible to believe that any religion that i know of is from an all knowing god when it is no more profound than something the average human can come up with. they didnt even get the morality right as we have had to change everything. if it were from an all powerful all knowing and good god it would have good morality. but the church has opposed everything christians call moral progress and more that i would call moral progress such as ending slavery, better treatment of colored races, the diminution of war, gay rights, animal rights etc. and i highly doubt that a good all knowing gods religion would be no more profound than something the average human could have come up with. its no wander we cant convert any of you to agnosticism or atheism or at least against religion while you still believe in god because your stupid and irrational if you believe in any religion. or a very lazy thinker. either way we need to grow up or die.

and the fact you find it impossible to believe means what exactly...

wow it's always good to hear a genius speak....lol
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 3:32:26 PM
At 7/22/2015 3:20:54 PM, graceofgod wrote:

im not sure what your saying and never claimed to be a genius. the fact that i find it impossible to believe means that i understand the religion and its illogical and contradictory so i cannot believe it was from a god who is even 2 times smarter than me and god would be like a trillion times smarter than me. its very simple
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 3:40:11 PM
At 7/22/2015 3:32:26 PM, steffon66 wrote:

im not sure what your saying and never claimed to be a genius. the fact that i find it impossible to believe means that i understand the religion and its illogical and contradictory so i cannot believe it was from a god who is even 2 times smarter than me and god would be like a trillion times smarter than me. its very simple

you are happy to call anyone who believes in any God, stupid and irrational and a lazy thinker, so you clearly claim a superior place for yourself or non believers...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 3:47:34 PM

I don't believe in God actually speaking through people. Like the Old Testament prophets, for example. I believe those stories are just a result of the bible writers putting the words they think God--or wanted God to say--into the mouths of mortals. Just as a literary device to spread their dogma.

But I do think God talks to us, reaches out to us, but does not rely on us or need us to relay his messages. they are too..what is the word? Fuzzy? for that. Too personal. Not tangible? More of a feeling of the heart then concrete information?

We are not nearly knowing enough or strong enough ot grand enough to convey ANYthing God feels. I DO believe he speaks TO us but does not use us. Oh it is fine with Him if us Christians spread His word, but we are not his preferred conduit of the Word.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 3:49:48 PM

Well I've been accused of being too mean around here but that is only because of the double standard that is evident. You see if I retaliate to this post and give it what it deserves I will then be fired upon and accused of being all kinds of things, so should I just lay down and take it up the whazoo or should I let you know what I truly think about this? Lol because it won't be good....
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 4:15:55 PM
At 7/22/2015 3:40:11 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 7/22/2015 3:32:26 PM, steffon66 wrote:

you are happy to call anyone who believes in any God, stupid and irrational and a lazy thinker, so you clearly claim a superior place for yourself or non believers...

i never said people who believe in god are any of those things. i said people who believe in religion are stupid. there is no way to logically choose a religion so instead of not choosing one like you should everybody picks the one their country has to offer and never looks further than their local town churches for a denominations of that religion when there are thirty five thousand of them. they guess and believe they guess right like lottery players always thinking they have the winning ticket until proven wrong time and time again.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 4:20:08 PM
At 7/22/2015 3:49:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Well I've been accused of being too mean around here but that is only because of the double standard that is evident. You see if I retaliate to this post and give it what it deserves I will then be fired upon and accused of being all kinds of things, so should I just lay down and take it up the whazoo or should I let you know what I truly think about this? Lol because it won't be good....

i understand. its hard to tell people what you think without offending them when you are talking about religion. everyone thinks everyone else is stupid which is kind of my point. your going to go one telling me how it is without telling me why you think it is that way because you blindly believe in your feelings which adapted to your parents religious and moral views
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 4:21:33 PM
At 7/22/2015 3:47:34 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

I don't believe in God actually speaking through people. Like the Old Testament prophets, for example. I believe those stories are just a result of the bible writers putting the words they think God--or wanted God to say--into the mouths of mortals. Just as a literary device to spread their dogma.

But I do think God talks to us, reaches out to us, but does not rely on us or need us to relay his messages. they are too..what is the word? Fuzzy? for that. Too personal. Not tangible? More of a feeling of the heart then concrete information?

We are not nearly knowing enough or strong enough ot grand enough to convey ANYthing God feels. I DO believe he speaks TO us but does not use us. Oh it is fine with Him if us Christians spread His word, but we are not his preferred conduit of the Word.

all your telling me is what you think things are like without giving any premises. it is very clear that your faith is blind and thats what i have a problem with. peoples blind faith in place of an i dont know is detrimental to society
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 4:26:24 PM
At 7/22/2015 4:20:08 PM, steffon66 wrote:

i understand. its hard to tell people what you think without offending them when you are talking about religion. everyone thinks everyone else is stupid which is kind of my point. your going to go one telling me how it is without telling me why you think it is that way because you blindly believe in your feelings which adapted to your parents religious and moral views

Nice assertion, how did you come about that if I may ask? Could you possibly work on your grammar? At least trying to capitalize the right letters lol?

If anyone here is blindly believing anything it is you.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 4:53:55 PM
At 7/22/2015 4:26:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Nice assertion, how did you come about that if I may ask? Could you possibly work on your grammar? At least trying to capitalize the right letters lol?

well you couldnt refute it. if god was really speaking through people and god is a million times smarter than we are then christians who god speaks through would say things sometimes that are so profound that it makes agnostics and atheists look like retards. i dont think its ridiculous at all and you obviously cant refute any of it or you would have. all you do is talk crap about my grammar without beings able to refute anything that i have said. ill take that as a compliment. thanks
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 4:58:21 PM
At 7/22/2015 4:53:55 PM, steffon66 wrote:

well you couldnt refute it. if god was really speaking through people and god is a million times smarter than we are then christians who god speaks through would say things sometimes that are so profound that it makes agnostics and atheists look like retards. i dont think its ridiculous at all and you obviously cant refute any of it or you would have. all you do is talk crap about my grammar without beings able to refute anything that i have said. ill take that as a compliment. thanks

First of all I'm not saying God speaks through people, I'm not saying He doesn't, I'm saying you have some serious issues here with blindly accepting things about God and Theists, that is a bad start, You will find that if you are fair with me I will give you much more than you deserve, deal?
Now, God can use people but you have to remember we will only see in part, the spirit is another level of learning and another level of attaining. Some people are also further along than others, some people are morons but to be a theist does not require someone to be a genius, we relate things how we see them.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:06:25 PM
At 7/22/2015 4:58:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

First of all I'm not saying God speaks through people, I'm not saying He doesn't, I'm saying you have some serious issues here with blindly accepting things about God and Theists, that is a bad start, You will find that if you are fair with me I will give you much more than you deserve, deal?
Now, God can use people but you have to remember we will only see in part, the spirit is another level of learning and another level of attaining. Some people are also further along than others, some people are morons but to be a theist does not require someone to be a genius, we relate things how we see them.

still havent told me the problem with my argument. you have just put words in my mouth and told me how you think things are without telling me why you think they are that way. not sure what your point is when you say that the spirit is another level of attaining so could you please clarify? i never said that being a theist requires you to be a genius i said if god spoke through you you would sound like a genius. the next time you put words in my mouth i will not respond. read what i say more carefully so that i dont have to correct your misinterpretations of what im saying.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:12:24 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:06:25 PM, steffon66 wrote:

still havent told me the problem with my argument. you have just put words in my mouth and told me how you think things are without telling me why you think they are that way. not sure what your point is when you say that the spirit is another level of attaining so could you please clarify? i never said that being a theist requires you to be a genius i said if god spoke through you you would sound like a genius. the next time you put words in my mouth i will not respond. read what i say more carefully so that i dont have to correct your misinterpretations of what im saying.

What words have I put in your mouth? I am telling you the problem lol, that people are not geniuses despite being theist, therefor they will not tell you genius things.
Like I said we are all at different levels in the spirit, some have more insightful things than others. God does not just "speak" to people, people learn about God through their choices and lifestyle, some being smarter than others. Your argument is a straw man of course.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:20:03 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:12:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

What words have I put in your mouth? I am telling you the problem lol, that people are not geniuses despite being theist, therefor they will not tell you genius things.
Like I said we are all at different levels in the spirit, some have more insightful things than others. God does not just "speak" to people, people learn about God through their choices and lifestyle, some being smarter than others. Your argument is a straw man of course.

holy crap dude. your missing the point. if god is speaking through them and he is all knowing then they should sound like an all knowing god (when god is speaking through them) instead of contradicting themselves and every other person who thinks god is speaking through them. i think im about done with this conversation but ill read the rest of what you said. i have nothing to say about the rest of what you said other than grow up and start trying to understand someones position on something before attempting to refute it.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:23:04 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:20:03 PM, steffon66 wrote:

holy crap dude. your missing the point. if god is speaking through them and he is all knowing then they should sound like an all knowing god (when god is speaking through them) instead of contradicting themselves and every other person who thinks god is speaking through them. i think im about done with this conversation but ill read the rest of what you said. i have nothing to say about the rest of what you said other than grow up and start trying to understand someones position on something before attempting to refute it.

Holy crazp dude, give me one example!!!!!!????? Give me an example to support your assertion and I will examine the claim, until then you are just making stuff up and generalizing folks, what a shame.

You are obviously not too bright, I'm not saying anything to upset you, not sure what your problem is other than you are going to encounter that your dispositions are entirely wrong, good luck.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:27:07 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:23:04 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Holy crazp dude, give me one example!!!!!!????? Give me an example to support your assertion and I will examine the claim, until then you are just making stuff up and generalizing folks, what a shame.

You are obviously not too bright, I'm not saying anything to upset you, not sure what your problem is other than you are going to encounter that your dispositions are entirely wrong, good luck.

you keep saying i said stuff that i didnt say. just because you dont understand what i am saying doesnt make my opinion stupid. i never said that all theists are stupid. i never said that you have to be a genius to be a theist. so go spread your psychosis somewhere else buddy
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:31:56 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:27:07 PM, steffon66 wrote:

you keep saying i said stuff that i didnt say. just because you dont understand what i am saying doesnt make my opinion stupid. i never said that all theists are stupid. i never said that you have to be a genius to be a theist. so go spread your psychosis somewhere else buddy

So in other words you're gonna run like a school girl lol? I'm NOT putting words in your mouth I am addressing your ignorant argument but it won't sink in.
Stop saying I'm saying things you haven't said and deal with the responses dude!
Now give me an example or shove off, this post has been dealt with, unless you provide me some example I can examine.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:39:34 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:27:07 PM, steffon66 wrote:

Okay buddy, I'm going to give you a fair challenge, ask me what you would like to know and let us see what is stupid, forget the OP and what "others" have said, lets deal with it right here and now, how about that? Begin with what you feel is so stupid and irrational? I'll be waiting for something of real weight......
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:05:06 PM
At 7/22/2015 4:21:33 PM, steffon66 wrote:

all your telling me is what you think things are like without giving any premises. it is very clear that your faith is blind and thats what i have a problem with. peoples blind faith in place of an i dont know is detrimental to society

Not blind my friend. Like I said I was an atheist. It took proof for me to believe--my Saving Event that i talked of on another thread--the tearing of the curtain.
I know that is anticodotal to you but for me it happened. So no blind faith here.

But I know your doubt--I had it for years. Speaking of blind, I now know I was blind all that time. But now I see. It's awesome and I thank God every day.
Sorry you feel annoyed by my testimony. I dont mean to come across as holier than thou. Those types I still dont get along with so well. I only can talk about what I know and then what I believe from that event. Like extrapolating.

Best.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:41:38 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:05:06 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Not blind my friend. Like I said I was an atheist. It took proof for me to believe--my Saving Event that i talked of on another thread--the tearing of the curtain.
I know that is anticodotal to you but for me it happened. So no blind faith here.

But I know your doubt--I had it for years. Speaking of blind, I now know I was blind all that time. But now I see. It's awesome and I thank God every day.
Sorry you feel annoyed by my testimony. I dont mean to come across as holier than thou. Those types I still dont get along with so well. I only can talk about what I know and then what I believe from that event. Like extrapolating.

Best.
just because you were an atheist you think you understand atheism? you obviously dont. i dont deny or claim there is a god. i dont know. what i do know is that it isnt any religion as gods religion would make all the other ones made by man look like children made them up. gods intelligence to ours would be a much bigger gap than us to children. thats all im saying. god isnt speaking through you. thats what im saying. you call feelings proof and i was a christian myself and thought my feelings were spiritual when they were physical and it became obvious when my feelings contradicted themselves and got so much stuff wrong which i knew because im not a lazy thinker and i think things through using as much time as it takes when i can. all religious people contradict each other on almost everything and all think they got their moralities and feelings from god when really they just adapt to what your told. so maybe you do know there is a god but you dont know its a religious god and if its a real god giving you different opposing moralities than we are only here for his entertainment. and i dont care if you get angrier or act holler as you said. i think the best thing this site can do is teach us to accept others views when you know you cant convert almost anyone. not to mention im a good person who has sought god so why did he never talk to me? it only happens to so few (being a few who contradict each other) and seems so emotional that its clear they dont know what they are talking about. they think morality is spiritual while its been prove that some are using the analytical part of the brain while some are only using the part that deals with emotions when trying to determine right from wrong.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:47:23 PM
At 7/22/2015 7:41:38 PM, steffon66 wrote:

Best.
just because you were an atheist you think you understand atheism? you obviously dont. i dont deny or claim there is a god. i dont know. what i do know is that it isnt any religion as gods religion would make all the other ones made by man look like children made them up. gods intelligence to ours would be a much bigger gap than us to children. thats all im saying. god isnt speaking through you. thats what im saying. you call feelings proof and i was a christian myself and thought my feelings were spiritual when they were physical and it became obvious when my feelings contradicted themselves and got so much stuff wrong which i knew because im not a lazy thinker and i think things through using as much time as it takes when i can. all religious people contradict each other on almost everything and all think they got their moralities and feelings from god when really they just adapt to what your told. so maybe you do know there is a god but you dont know its a religious god and if its a real god giving you different opposing moralities than we are only here for his entertainment. and i dont care if you get angrier or act holler as you said. i think the best thing this site can do is teach us to accept others views when you know you cant convert almost anyone. not to mention im a good person who has sought god so why did he never talk to me? it only happens to so few (being a few who contradict each other) and seems so emotional that its clear they dont know what they are talking about. they think morality is spiritual while its been prove that some are using the analytical part of the brain while some are only using the part that deals with emotions when trying to determine right from wrong.

Sound as if you are the confused one my friend. If you say "you dont know" then you are an agnostic and not really an atheist. maybe you could look up the definitions?

I can "out-Atheist" anybody! Ha! I was a vocal one for about three decades. Read every book written by those guys I could find and used their ideas to attack believers wtih. you intellectualize this whole thing more than you need to, but I think a propensity of words does not really mean the same as a propensity of knowledge. I know where I have been and what happened to me and what I am now. This is pretty much all I need. that means as far as my Faith and what atheism is and isnt.

But I still enjoy listening to others opinions. that doesnt mean I agree. One thing that has not changed since I was an atheist, an thats i dont lke to be preached at. so, thank you all the same. like I just said to the Mad biker brother.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:53:55 PM
At 7/22/2015 7:47:23 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Best.

Sound as if you are the confused one my friend. If you say "you dont know" then you are an agnostic and not really an atheist. maybe you could look up the definitions?

I can "out-Atheist" anybody! Ha! I was a vocal one for about three decades. Read every book written by those guys I could find and used their ideas to attack believers wtih. you intellectualize this whole thing more than you need to, but I think a propensity of words does not really mean the same as a propensity of knowledge. I know where I have been and what happened to me and what I am now. This is pretty much all I need. that means as far as my Faith and what atheism is and isnt.

But I still enjoy listening to others opinions. that doesnt mean I agree. One thing that has not changed since I was an atheist, an thats i dont lke to be preached at. so, thank you all the same. like I just said to the Mad biker brother.

i am an agnostic fool. what did i say that implies im an atheist? not reading the rest of this until you get your facts straight.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:58:50 PM
At 7/22/2015 7:53:55 PM, steffon66 wrote:

Best.

i am an agnostic fool. what did i say that implies im an atheist? not reading the rest of this until you get your facts straight.

Oh great! thanks...I think I just met my first assshole on DDO! yeaayy!!
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 8:06:53 PM
At 7/22/2015 7:58:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 7/22/2015 7:53:55 PM, steffon66 wrote:

Best.

Oh great! thanks...I think I just met my first assshole on DDO! yeaayy!!

i think i might have sent that to the wrong person. i just looked back and found that you didnt say what i just thought you said at all. my bad dude give me a minute.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 8:46:20 PM

1. This is an incredibly disrespectful post, and you should be ashamed.
2. Why exactly would serving as a messenger of a specific message that you may or may not understand somehow boost one's IQ. Does opening a book written by Albert Einstein and reading it out loud to an audience necessarily mean that you understand it, or that you understood it after reading it?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 8:56:51 PM
At 7/22/2015 8:46:20 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

1. This is an incredibly disrespectful post, and you should be ashamed.
2. Why exactly would serving as a messenger of a specific message that you may or may not understand somehow boost one's IQ. Does opening a book written by Albert Einstein and reading it out loud to an audience necessarily mean that you understand it, or that you understood it after reading it?

no opening a book by Albert Einstein wouldnt make you a genius but albert einstein cant talk through people while god supposedly can. im not the one saying he does this, the religious people are the ones who make this claim so read more carefully and try saying that to the right people cain.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 11:34:59 PM
God Most High, EL Elyon, and the Spirit of Christ, the Messiah, speak through me as a Jewish Christian prophesy bearer bearing spiritual information I learned from spiritual epiphanies and revelations given to me directly by God Most High and the Spirit of Christ. In the Judeo-Christian religious tradition God does guide human beings through prophetic visions and revelations and I am part of that tradition bringing in the lost Celestial Torah information that completely changes Christian theology as it demolishes Judaism and Pauline Christianity and of course Muhammadanism dependent on Judaism's story book.

Since atheists being irrational thinkers demand God who is a Spirt wear a physical suit of clothes so they can see God and take His measure, I suggest you atheists look up where you can see the stars and planets and find the planet Saturn, because that is your "physical God" even though to us believers it's only the planet Saturn used by God to convey a spiritual teaching of Order and Harmony in Creation so that human beings would always have spiritual guidance "from Heaven above.."

So atheists, go take out your telescopes and view the planet Saturn, named "EL" in ancient Canaanite language, because there's your physical God you need to measure, see if those rings of Saturn are like gigantic Celestial Torah Decoder Rings you get in boxes of Krishna Kritters and Parabonanza Yogi Granola. At least that's where I got mine. And thence changed the world..Well, God does have a sense of humor as why else send in a cartoonist prophesy bearer this time around??
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 4:28:12 AM

I suggest you also think again.

Since when has anyone God spoken through turned out to be a genius?

Not that God literally speaks through anyn now. He does however guide those who trust him fully through the mess that man has made of his word, the Bible, and thus speaks to some of us indirectly.

He will always do that, since it is to his own advantage to support his loyal ones, such as myself and the JWs.

However he has not spoken to mankind directly since Adam, and even the most direct communications since then have been passed down through his son, who, as when he was on earth, always gave full credit to his God and father (1 Peter 1:3), and took none to himself.

However, you are not entirely wrong in what you say, since one of the advantages of holy spirit guidance is that such as I are given, at least for the short time we need it to carry out God's work, "Divine Wisdom", and improved access to what we need in our own memories.

We need nothing more.

All that we need to know is in scripture. There is nothing more to be prophesied, only taught.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
ASV(i) 16 Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness. 17 That the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work.