Are black people really Canaanites?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:26:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here is a verse from the bible.

"For behold, the Lord shall curse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people."

This sounds like it's talking about blacks, who were descended from the evil Caan.

More discussion and an unbiased source for this information can be found here.

http://niggermania.net...-(-quot-Curse-of-Ham-quot-)
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:30:07 AM
At 7/23/2015 3:26:34 AM, Wylted wrote:

"For behold, the Lord shall curse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people."

This sounds like it's talking about blacks, who were descended from the evil Caan.

What a piece of racist scum you are!
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:30:29 AM

can you please post the chapter and verse from the bible..thanks
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:33:38 AM
At 7/23/2015 3:30:07 AM, JJ50 wrote:

What a piece of racist scum you are!

I could be worse than racist scum. I could be black, and how is it racist to point out the fact that blacks descended from Caan and the curse of Ham is their black skin?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:34:05 AM
At 7/23/2015 3:30:29 AM, graceofgod wrote:

It's in Genesis somewhere
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:39:15 AM
At 7/23/2015 3:34:05 AM, Wylted wrote:

I know the lds saw blacks as a curse for a long time it was part way through the 1970's before they would allow blacks to take the priesthood...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:45:21 AM
At 7/23/2015 3:39:15 AM, graceofgod wrote:

I know the lds saw blacks as a curse for a long time it was part way through the 1970's before they would allow blacks to take the priesthood...

Yeah, it's true. Do you recall the story of Caan and Abel, where Abel was evil and cursed by being black?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:53:19 AM
At 7/23/2015 3:45:21 AM, Wylted wrote:

Yeah, it's true. Do you recall the story of Caan and Abel, where Abel was evil and cursed by being black?

I believe the lds claim it was the third of the angels who fought with God on the side of lucifer that were cursed to be black....as i said according to the lds...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:58:04 AM
At 7/23/2015 3:53:19 AM, graceofgod wrote:

I believe the lds claim it was the third of the angels who fought with God on the side of lucifer that were cursed to be black....as i said according to the lds...

I wouldn't be surprised. Blacks aren't too fond of authority figures
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 4:01:35 AM

I am as anti-racism as my God, Jehovah is.

In fact the "coloured races" are not descendants of Canaan, who formed the "Middle East branch" of Noah's tree.

Canaan was the son of Ham, and one of Noah's 4 Grandsons. He it was who was cursed, not Ham, his father, for his disrespectful treatment of Noah, who had somewhat foolishly got drunk and passed out in his tent, exposing his genitals, doubtless without realising it.

It appears to have been the way the language was used back then that causes the confusion, since it was common practice to use the term"son" to mean any generation from the "father" on down, hence Jews today are still called "Sons of Abraham" despite the fact that many generations lie between them and Abraham.

Thus it was actually Canaan who was cursed for his own actions, whereas Ham and Shem were blessed for their piety and respect.

That Jehovah didn't just wipe Canaan out there and then, merely points to the fact that he was still required to have defendants, some of who would hopefully learn from their father's errors and not be kept under the same curse

The fact that the majority did not is what resulted in some Canaanite nations being destroyed by Jehovah, in defence of his own people, because the "sins of the Father" were passed down to these particular descendants

Somer branches of Canaan's family tree eventually allied themselves with ISrael and were spared the curse, namely the Gibeonites who, for their faith, were protected by Jehovah and Joshua the leader of ISrael at the time, and Were aided by Jehovah's biggest ever miracle.

Many individual Canaanites were also allowed out from under the curse on Canaan, most notable Rahab who is even included in Jesus line of decent.

Jehovah is a "jealous God" Jealous for his name and reputation, who always carries out his cruses at a time convenient to his plans, but is merciful in without fail forgiving those who choose to put faith in him, and lifting the "sins of their fathers" off their shoulders.

The Bible is full of examples both of Jehovah keeping his word either to the good or the bad, and of his great mercy.

Whilst scripture does not reveal which of the tribes that sprang from Noah and his sons settled in Africa , and became the subject of a fake "curse" and turned into badly treated slaves is not known, but it was definitely not the Canaanites.

Scripture has all too often been used as an excuse for the evil excesses of man, but ion truth there is no excusing them for such distortions when the truth is actually obvious to anyone who really wishes to understand scripture.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 6:19:38 AM
I don't think it is to this forum's credit if a blatantly racist thread of this nature is permitted to stay, and not withdrawn!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 6:57:24 AM
At 7/23/2015 6:19:38 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I don't think it is to this forum's credit if a blatantly racist thread of this nature is permitted to stay, and not withdrawn!

Racist? I think not. If anything it is anti-racist.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 8:15:38 AM

Then don't click on it. Problem solved.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 8:23:17 AM
The science of archeology proves that the Canaanites are actually the ancestors of the Hebrews, go figure.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 8:42:32 AM
Silly people actually believe that Judah would tell the truth about the people whose land Judah was trying to steal. Go to most any internet forum where Zionists are posting Zionist propaganda hate speech against Palestinians to see that no, Judah is incapable of telling that sort of truth. The land stealers have to use the old army indoctrination of demonizing the people who are designated "enemies" so Canaanites were painted as evil creatures even though the historical fact is we all owe our languages to ancient Canaan whose genius originated the first alphabet. Canaan included Phoenicia and Phoenicians were world class sailors and traders. As traders they had no interest in a war god religion so the Canaanites compared to Israelites and later Hebrews were peaceful people and all that malarkey about Canaanites sacrificing children right and left was so much Hebrew propaganda. All those ancient peoples devalued girls and girls were often killed and boys spared as they still are in primitive areas of the world. That Hebrews didn't engage in child sacrifice was due to God's intervention but caution must be used when reading Judah's condemnation of its neighbors from whom Judah cobbled together "Judaism", as the first Abrahamic religion of war where Judaism's founding father is quite willing to do child sacrifice and murder and fry his son as good "Hebrew" obediently worshiping God..
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 8:52:37 AM

That is not a verse from the Bible. It's found in LDS scripture.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 8:54:54 AM

The LDS believe that a third of the host of Heaven followed Lucifer, but no where in LDS theology is there any mention that they were all cursed to be black.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 8:58:15 AM

That's an absolutely horrible site. Just sayin'.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 9:39:26 AM
At 7/23/2015 8:54:54 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:

The LDS believe that a third of the host of Heaven followed Lucifer, but no where in LDS theology is there any mention that they were all cursed to be black.

it was and it was the reason for with holding the priesthood from blacks...
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 9:46:01 AM
At 7/23/2015 9:39:26 AM, graceofgod wrote:

No it wasn't, unless you can prove otherwise.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 9:47:54 AM

I'm allowed to be blatantly racist on this site, as long as I do so using logic and providing premises. Airmax seems to be pretty consistent with this, though I'm sure even he has his limits.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 9:51:48 AM
At 7/23/2015 9:46:01 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:

Therefore, the Gods rejected Lucifer's plan, which resulted in a war between the good spirit children, and the spirit children that sided with Lucifer (a third of them). But there was a group of spirits that were less valiant in this war. Hence, God (the head God) was very displeased with them so He turned their skin black. Tenth President Joseph Fielding Smith explains:

There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantages. The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient; more or less, to the laws that were given us there. Those who were faithful in all things there [pre-existence] received greater blessings here, and those who were not faithful received less. . . . There were no neutrals in the war in Heaven. All took sides either with Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men receive rewards here based upon their actions there, just as they will receive rewards hereafter for deeds done in the body. The Negro, evidently, is receiving the reward he merits (Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1:61, 65-66; emphasis added).
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 10:03:11 AM
At 7/23/2015 9:51:48 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Therefore, the Gods rejected Lucifer's plan, which resulted in a war between the good spirit children, and the spirit children that sided with Lucifer (a third of them). But there was a group of spirits that were less valiant in this war. Hence, God (the head God) was very displeased with them so He turned their skin black. Tenth President Joseph Fielding Smith explains:

There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantages. The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient; more or less, to the laws that were given us there. Those who were faithful in all things there [pre-existence] received greater blessings here, and those who were not faithful received less. . . . There were no neutrals in the war in Heaven. All took sides either with Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men receive rewards here based upon their actions there, just as they will receive rewards hereafter for deeds done in the body. The Negro, evidently, is receiving the reward he merits (Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1:61, 65-66; emphasis added).

Nowhere in that quote does it state that those who followed Lucifer were cursed with a black skin. According to LDS theology, all on Earth took sides with Christ. So, those with a black skin did not receive it for following Lucifer in the war in Heaven. Also, Joseph Fielding Smith is expressing an opinion. Note the word "evidently". He also stated that man would not land on the moon, and that evolution is false. The Mormon apostles, (which is what he was when he wrote your reference), have been known to be in error when expressing personal opinion. The LDS church does not recognize it as official doctrine.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 10:07:21 AM
At 7/23/2015 10:03:11 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 9:51:48 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Nowhere in that quote does it state that those who followed Lucifer were cursed with a black skin. According to LDS theology, all on Earth took sides with Christ. So, those with a black skin did not receive it for following Lucifer in the war in Heaven. Also, Joseph Fielding Smith is expressing an opinion. Note the word "evidently". He also stated that man would not land on the moon, and that evolution is false. The Mormon apostles, (which is what he was when he wrote your reference), have been known to be in error when expressing personal opinion. The LDS church does not recognize it as official doctrine.

oh it's the old not official doctrine and opinion..lol

never heard and lds member try that one before..lol

if one of their leaders states an opinion he best make sure he knows what he is saying it happens a lot with the lds..
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 10:08:32 AM
LDS Apostle Bruce R. McConkie furthers this teaching:

Those who were less valiant in pre-existence and who thereby had certain spiritual restrictions impose on them during mortality are known to us as the negroes. Such spirits are sent to earth through the lineage of Cain, the mark put upon him for his rebellion against God, and his murder of Able being a black skin. . . . Noah's son married Egyptus, a descendant of Cain, thus preserving the negro lineage through the flood. . . . the negro are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concern. . . . " (Mormon Doctrine, 527-28; 1966 orig. ed., changed in the current ed.; emphasis added).

Now, we can have more of a clearer perspective as to why the LDS would teach such blatant racism that Scripture never condones. Now we will read what LDS General Authorities had taught concerning the, what they termed, "cursed lineage," that is, dark skinned people (particularly Negroes).
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 10:18:57 AM
At 7/23/2015 10:08:32 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Those who were less valiant in pre-existence and who thereby had certain spiritual restrictions impose on them during mortality are known to us as the negroes. Such spirits are sent to earth through the lineage of Cain, the mark put upon him for his rebellion against God, and his murder of Able being a black skin. . . . Noah's son married Egyptus, a descendant of Cain, thus preserving the negro lineage through the flood. . . . the negro are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concern. . . . " (Mormon Doctrine, 527-28; 1966 orig. ed., changed in the current ed.; emphasis added).

Now, we can have more of a clearer perspective as to why the LDS would teach such blatant racism that Scripture never condones. Now we will read what LDS General Authorities had taught concerning the, what they termed, "cursed lineage," that is, dark skinned people (particularly Negroes).

From the Joseph Fielding Smith book you are quoting from:

This work is not an official publication of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The views expressed herein are the responsibility of the author and do not necessarily represent the position of the Church.

So "lol" all you want, you remain incorrect.

Bruce R. McConkie agreed with Joseph Fielding Smith (his father-in-law) that man would not land on the moon and that evolution was false. He also edited the above mentioned book. The same disclaimer can be found in Mormon Doctrine. It is not official LDS doctrine. You have proved nothing.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 10:50:42 AM
At 7/23/2015 10:18:57 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
At 7/23/2015 10:08:32 AM, graceofgod wrote:

From the Joseph Fielding Smith book you are quoting from:

This work is not an official publication of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The views expressed herein are the responsibility of the author and do not necessarily represent the position of the Church.

So "lol" all you want, you remain incorrect.

Bruce R. McConkie agreed with Joseph Fielding Smith (his father-in-law) that man would not land on the moon and that evolution was false. He also edited the above mentioned book. The same disclaimer can be found in Mormon Doctrine. It is not official LDS doctrine. You have proved nothing.

isn't it funny how it is never official doctrine when it is embarrassing to the lds..

Those who were less valiant in pre-existence and who thereby had certain spiritual restrictions impose on them during mortality are known to us as the negroes. Such spirits are sent to earth through the lineage of Cain, the mark put upon him for his rebellion against God, and his murder of Able being a black skin. . . . Noah's son married Egyptus, a descendant of Cain, thus preserving the negro lineage through the flood. . . . the negro are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concern. . . . " (Mormon Doctrine, 527-28; 1966 orig. ed., changed in the current ed.; emphasis added)

the lds certainly had problems with skin colour..
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 10:55:55 AM

Lol... It is from the LDS "Book of Moses".
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 10:59:24 AM
At 7/23/2015 10:55:55 AM, Geogeer wrote:

Lol... It is from the LDS "Book of Moses".

There's still a ton of evidence that the Canaanites were black, but it's too tedious and boring to get into now.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 11:06:05 AM
America is cursed because of what they did to blacks. They brought. blacks from Africa to work as slaves and even though slavery is banned, they are stuck with the blacks. The inhuman treatment the blacks received from white Christian slave owners is further proof Christianity is a racist religion and will use the bible to discriminate against people of colour and origin.
The Jews are of African and middle eastern origins. The European Gentiles hijacked a Jewish sectarian religion and politicized it to subdue the peaceful countries of the world and indoctrinated them with this borrowed religion and converted them into submission.
Today, blacks are not even safe in churches in America. Whites are against sharing country or God with the blacks. Islam is the only true religion of the oppressed.