Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you disapprove of stepping on bugs?

jakeyjake
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 10:39:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

I like spiders but have no problem squashing other insects, if necessary.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 12:34:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

I only disapprove of stepping on the one's that are so big that I can feel crunch as I step on them.
jakeyjake
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 5:53:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 10:39:55 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

I like spiders but have no problem squashing other insects, if necessary.

Hah, spiders are the one thing I'm eager to crush on sight. I mean I'll step on most any sort of bug (ants, whatever) if it's bothersome to my presence, but spiders I'll definitely crush, whether I have a reason or not.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
jakeyjake
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 8:10:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

A single spider is too small and insignificant in contrast to myself to fall under my moral radar. It'd be one thing if I were doing so much damage as to wipe out its species. But me stepping on some pesky spiders here and there or me stamping my feet on some ants at a picnic isn't going to make a dent really. It's like demolishing a factory of tiny robots that will repair itself.
Mike.com
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 9:00:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, I think ALL life is precious. I wouldn't kill anything unless I had to for food. I try and save the life of the tiniest insect if I can and have done many a time. I don't like spiders or flies but I wouldn't set out to kill them, just try and capture them and take them outside.

We should remember that each has a purpose in life and in death.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 9:47:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

theirs a religion called the Jaines that forbid killing anything, even a fly or a gnat. they even wear veils over their mouths so they wont accidently inhale or swallow and kill a bug. Meh, this seems a bit much. Im an animal lover and have never killed anything bigger than a snake. (I almost killed a man once, though, when I was 17. but thats another story, my violent history before being Saved.
bugs? Ill kill flies or mosquitos if they come inside. I figure if they invade my turf they deserve it. but spiders Ill usually throw outside. I wont deliberately step on a bug who crosses my path though. outside or inside. in fact I'll avoid doing so by stepping aside. as far as what God thinks about us killing bugs? I dont think it matters much to him. and you can look in Genesis and see a passage that a lot of hunters and anti-environment guys use to justify killing animals. the one about Him giving us "dominion over the fish of the sea and the fowl in the air and the creepy crawly things of the Earth......."
GodBless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
kp98
Posts: 729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 9:54:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I wouldn't kill anything unless I had to for food.
There are limits even there. When you wash or shower you will be killing millions of living bacteria that were on your skin - indeed there are devout Jains who abstain from washing for precisely that reason. I think that might be going a bit far! But where - and why - do you draw the line?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.
bulproof
Posts: 25,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:15:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The child can't decide whether he is 28 or 22 but he has obviously not reached puberty yet so I think he should be left to his fantasies.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:58:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

Humans were created to care for all creation, not to destroy it deliberately.

I am sure that spider's creator was upset that you showed such callous disregard for life.
bulproof
Posts: 25,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:22:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 2:58:38 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

Humans were created to care for all creation, not to destroy it deliberately.

I am sure that spider's creator was upset that you showed such callous disregard for life.

He's sure because he is your creator, not that bog imposter, just mad.
He's the real creator.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 5:07:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.

It not about having the mentality of a spider, But if you have the mentality to recognise that spiders have a right to live just as much as you do.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 6:33:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 5:07:53 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.

It not about having the mentality of a spider, But if you have the mentality to recognize that spiders have a right to live just as much as you do.

It is not about what I can recognize, but about what the animal is capable of recognizing. Why would you give a right to an animal that has no respect for the same right you give yourself? That makes no sense.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 6:51:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 6:33:19 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 5:07:53 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.

It not about having the mentality of a spider, But if you have the mentality to recognize that spiders have a right to live just as much as you do.

It is not about what I can recognize, but about what the animal is capable of recognizing. Why would you give a right to an animal that has no respect for the same right you give yourself? That makes no sense.

Your argument is feeble, Can a baby recognise any right you have to life, I guess we should start exterminating babies using your logic.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 6:53:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I leave it up to God and scientific theory to decide if it's a good bug or a bad bug.

the life of a bug can be a double edged sword.

most are like ants or honey bees in that they just do much like a trained and programed parrot and haven't a clue as to what the BIGGER meaning is as they are BU$Y moving that sand or buzzing about being busy bees looking for flowers.

In this world do people treat others as if they were BUGS and look for reasons and justification to squish them?

BAD BUG

SQUISH

sorry Jesus.....
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 7:05:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 6:51:28 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:33:19 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 5:07:53 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.

It not about having the mentality of a spider, But if you have the mentality to recognize that spiders have a right to live just as much as you do.

It is not about what I can recognize, but about what the animal is capable of recognizing. Why would you give a right to an animal that has no respect for the same right you give yourself? That makes no sense.

Your argument is feeble, Can a baby recognise any right you have to life, I guess we should start exterminating babies using your logic.

Babies have the potential to respect your rights. If that child grows up to be a mass murderer, then we don't hold their "right to life" to be more valuable than those they have killed - they can expect to be executed. Animals do not respect your human rights, nor did they ever have the potential. We call it "human rights" for a reason.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:34:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 7:05:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:51:28 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:33:19 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 5:07:53 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.

It not about having the mentality of a spider, But if you have the mentality to recognize that spiders have a right to live just as much as you do.

It is not about what I can recognize, but about what the animal is capable of recognizing. Why would you give a right to an animal that has no respect for the same right you give yourself? That makes no sense.

Your argument is feeble, Can a baby recognise any right you have to life, I guess we should start exterminating babies using your logic.

Babies have the potential to respect your rights. If that child grows up to be a mass murderer, then we don't hold their "right to life" to be more valuable than those they have killed - they can expect to be executed. Animals do not respect your human rights, nor did they ever have the potential. We call it "human rights" for a reason.

What a bogus argument, The death sentence is not universal for those who don't respect life, Also this idea that only those who can comprehend rights are those who deserve them is also bogus, Can severely handicapped people comprehend rights, can mentally retarded or brain damage people comprehend rights,

No

But who cares, Lets just kill them. Because they can't understand and reciprocate rights,

Get real.
Mike.com
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:43:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I believe fully in the death penalty as think there are some so called human beings that had raped and murdered women and children that is an affront to society and common justice that such evil people are then kept in jail for many decades in a relatively good environment with no worries about heat and light or where the next meal is coming from at vast sums of money to the law abiding citizen. Even if such people do die that way its always a darn sight better than the way they treated their victims.

I would be the executioner if so required for such people. Abolition was the worst thing they did in the UK and Europe and they want the USA and others to follow suit? I know of people that have changed their mind when THEIR child was murdered and can't get closure as every day they know the perpetrators are still enjoying their life even if that is behind bars.
bulproof
Posts: 25,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:13:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 11:43:59 AM, Mike.com wrote:
I believe fully in the death penalty as think there are some so called human beings that had raped and murdered women and children that is an affront to society and common justice that such evil people are then kept in jail for many decades in a relatively good environment with no worries about heat and light or where the next meal is coming from at vast sums of money to the law abiding citizen. Even if such people do die that way its always a darn sight better than the way they treated their victims.

I would be the executioner if so required for such people. Abolition was the worst thing they did in the UK and Europe and they want the USA and others to follow suit? I know of people that have changed their mind when THEIR child was murdered and can't get closure as every day they know the perpetrators are still enjoying their life even if that is behind bars.

So you are more than happy to take the place of your god?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:49:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 11:34:42 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 7:05:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:51:28 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:33:19 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 5:07:53 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.

It not about having the mentality of a spider, But if you have the mentality to recognize that spiders have a right to live just as much as you do.

It is not about what I can recognize, but about what the animal is capable of recognizing. Why would you give a right to an animal that has no respect for the same right you give yourself? That makes no sense.

Your argument is feeble, Can a baby recognise any right you have to life, I guess we should start exterminating babies using your logic.

Babies have the potential to respect your rights. If that child grows up to be a mass murderer, then we don't hold their "right to life" to be more valuable than those they have killed - they can expect to be executed. Animals do not respect your human rights, nor did they ever have the potential. We call it "human rights" for a reason.

What a bogus argument, The death sentence is not universal for those who don't respect life, Also this idea that only those who can comprehend rights are those who deserve them is also bogus, Can severely handicapped people comprehend rights, can mentally retarded or brain damage people comprehend rights,

No


But who cares, Lets just kill them. Because they can't understand and reciprocate rights,


Get real.

John, does discussing bug deaths put you at your emotional threshold? You seem fairly agitated.

As far as your strawman, I've already answered that - potential.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bulproof
Posts: 25,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 1:00:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 6:51:28 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Your argument is feeble, Can a baby recognise any right you have to life, I guess we should start exterminating babies using your logic.
Either that or understand that A&E could never have disobeyed.
Oh I understand that the godbotherers can't possibly accept that, cos if they do then their GOD demanding a human sacrifice of his own son to rectify that non existent human error would demonstrate just what a hateful god their god was.
Mike.com
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 1:42:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 12:13:24 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/5/2015 11:43:59 AM, Mike.com wrote:
I believe fully in the death penalty as think there are some so called human beings that had raped and murdered women and children that is an affront to society and common justice that such evil people are then kept in jail for many decades in a relatively good environment with no worries about heat and light or where the next meal is coming from at vast sums of money to the law abiding citizen. Even if such people do die that way its always a darn sight better than the way they treated their victims.

I would be the executioner if so required for such people. Abolition was the worst thing they did in the UK and Europe and they want the USA and others to follow suit? I know of people that have changed their mind when THEIR child was murdered and can't get closure as every day they know the perpetrators are still enjoying their life even if that is behind bars.

So you are more than happy to take the place of your god?

Go has nothing to do with it...

They should be punished for their crimes in the here and now and if God decides to punish them further, then that is his prerogative.

Even Jesus didn't condemn the death penalty by the Romans.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 5:26:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 12:49:06 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/5/2015 11:34:42 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 7:05:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:51:28 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:33:19 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 5:07:53 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.

It not about having the mentality of a spider, But if you have the mentality to recognize that spiders have a right to live just as much as you do.

It is not about what I can recognize, but about what the animal is capable of recognizing. Why would you give a right to an animal that has no respect for the same right you give yourself? That makes no sense.

Your argument is feeble, Can a baby recognise any right you have to life, I guess we should start exterminating babies using your logic.

Babies have the potential to respect your rights. If that child grows up to be a mass murderer, then we don't hold their "right to life" to be more valuable than those they have killed - they can expect to be executed. Animals do not respect your human rights, nor did they ever have the potential. We call it "human rights" for a reason.

What a bogus argument, The death sentence is not universal for those who don't respect life, Also this idea that only those who can comprehend rights are those who deserve them is also bogus, Can severely handicapped people comprehend rights, can mentally retarded or brain damage people comprehend rights,

No


But who cares, Lets just kill them. Because they can't understand and reciprocate rights,


Get real.

John, does discussing bug deaths put you at your emotional threshold? You seem fairly agitated.

As far as your strawman, I've already answered that - potential.

Actually Scepti, Your answer is refuted, there are some who will never have the potential to comprehend what rights are, but we don't just kill them because we will it.

It's ok, I know how difficult it is for you to concede certain points, so rather just keep repeating things, I am happy to drop this, But I don't think you are correct in your judgement.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 5:27:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 1:00:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/4/2015 6:51:28 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Your argument is feeble, Can a baby recognise any right you have to life, I guess we should start exterminating babies using your logic.
Either that or understand that A&E could never have disobeyed.
Oh I understand that the godbotherers can't possibly accept that, cos if they do then their GOD demanding a human sacrifice of his own son to rectify that non existent human error would demonstrate just what a hateful god their god was.

Incoherent
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,635
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 5:36:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 5:07:53 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:41:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:06:19 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:46:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:18:26 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/24/2015 12:11:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 7/24/2015 8:44:10 AM, jakeyjake wrote:
Im 22 years old, was in class two days ago... saw a spider crawling under my desk. I was bored so before it got away I slid my foot over the little guy and crushed him. Yea, yea, I know, I'm evil, blah blah.

I tilted my foot over to show the flattened spider to my buddy sitting across, and we sort of snickered when we saw that he was stuck in some mud on my sneaker and half alive. As I was doing this from behind me a nerdy little kid behind me called me a bully because I step on bugs. I told him to bend down and kiss my stinking feet. I know, I know... not nice heh. I m actually a pretty good guy.

So my question is, why do people get upset about stuff like this?? I've been stepping on bugs my whole life! If bugs are reincarnates of people, well... my thinking is better luck next time. Maybe grandma jane shouldn't crawl next to a giant white sneaker unless she'd like me to crush her under it!

Thoughts??

i suppose the real question is: do spiders have rights? I say "no". Animals are only deserving of as much empathy as they are capable of giving or acknowledging from humans. Of course, there are exceptions (are you causing an extinction?) and probably other such considerations, but I consider this a good starting point.

So a spider has no right to live? why, because it doesn't suit you. What if you were considered as having nothing beneficial to offer, nothing but a parasite, do you deserve to be killed. would that be Ok?

There are exceptions - as I stated. For instance, spiders in your house could be a bad thing if you have an infant or are allergic to their bite. Spiders in your garden could be beneficial though, and killing them would be to your own detriment. Essentially, spiders cannot understand any sort of human concept of "rights", and are not entitled to them. They are subject to natural laws, and staying away from big predators is advisable.

Plus, I said nothing about parasitism. Obviously, there are humans which are parasites living off of the endeavors of others, but I don't think they should be 'squashed' because of it. I do think parasitism by rational beings should be squashed, but that is another subject.

I am talking about the right to life.

Get real.

Spiders do not recognize your "right to life" and have no reciprocal "right".

It just got real.

It not about having the mentality of a spider, But if you have the mentality to recognise that spiders have a right to live just as much as you do.

I wonder how many spiders there are in the world, probably a lot. And, I also wonder how many other life forms must give up their lives to spiders so that spiders can survive.

Does this have any kind of relevance to your right to live recognition, John?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth