Jump to topic:

May I share my Testimony for God?

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 4:41:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi my fellow and sister Christians. Ive enjoyed since Ive been here talking about and sharing our religious ideas together. So I'd like to take this chance to share my own testimony, on how I was Saved, Salvaged, and Born Again by God's Grace, some 14 months ago.
Don't fret.....I won't go too deep into it since from my experience I know full well that most people's "testimonies" on their God Experience, or their Getting Saved tends to bore others. Especially non-believers. But I have tosay I was in a miserable state; suicidal; gun in hand, ready to end it all. In a crummy motel room in downtown San Jose, CA.

I had left my wife about a week before. I had lost a business I had--a CrossFit Box i co-owned--from my own recklessness and sinful behavior. (hookers, drugs, all that cliche stuff! Ha!) For some reason out of desperation I picked up a bible. Part of my story here is it was given to me about an hour ealrier by a guy I never saw before or after downstairs outside my motel. I wont go into how he looked because it too is too cliche on how a human angel (I know!) would look. (but he did!)

He goes..."Take this...and do it fast. You look like you need it!) (I really did not look too bad. I am well-groomed and fit and was dressed in pressed jeans and a sports coat).

So I am upstairs, I had a couple shots of chilled vodka (only two! I was not drunk!) and I loaded up the Taurus .38. I opened the bible at random and came to the part where, when Jesus finally expires on the cross the "temple curtain tore in two." (I know this is a metaphor, btw, more on that later.)
So i re-read it over and over. Weird, how it struck me. Obsessed me. I had read it before and considered it just another fabrication by a gospel writer. (I think it was Mark).
My heart-rate speeded-up. I get a ringing in my ears. The room gets bright like a dimmer switch is rotated ion but the light is orange.
Now the good part..the curtain to my window, well, splits. like a laser was cutting it from top to bottom. I actually held it in my hand to try and figure out where the light-laser was coming from but it would just pass through my hand with no pain. I even smelled smoke. And the curtain DID smoke. My smoke alarm in the room went off!

I look outside and that bible guy waves at me and walks away. I sit in my bed. The curtain is now pure bright orange light, but in two pieces. And the bible is open to that page on the bed and there is a trace--a path of light form the curtain to the page and it lit it up. So I go to the bathroom to splash water on my face and to throw some on the curtain! Ha! but when I come to, t everything is normal, except that curtain is torn int two, still. Wit the edges burnt/
I was overcome with a feeling of total elation and calm. Everything made sense. My state of being and how to get out og my misery. Wellm, it was gone. it was a narcotic feeling. A state of arousal. Peace with the world. Again, yeah, this all sounds cluiche but Im explaining to the best I can.

I suddenly became very tired. Went to sleep and slept for a good 10 hours. When I got up the same feeling of elation was there.Total rejuventaion. I had an insatiable yearning to know God better and read the Word as often as I could. Which I still do. I got back on my feet within a week. Got my business back, everything. (but I did get divorced).

The motel manager accused my of burning the curtain and I had to par for it! I still keep the receipt copy folded as a book mark in my Bible.

Thank you for the opporutunity to tell you my Story.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
AliAdnan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 5:04:12 PM
Hi. I read your story and I have to share my views on converting or reverting to Christianity. I have been watching and reading about people who were atheists, Muslims, buddhists and then they saw Jesus, Mary or had similar situation so became Christian.
And that is point why many people today think that religions are trash ( only fiction). Why people need to see some supernatural thing to believe ? And the big majority of convert Christians today had such 'experience'.

I don't agree with those people because logic says to me that we humans are smart, we have brain to think and that is matter. We do bad deeds but also good deeds. We have enough possibilities to conclude basic questions like : is there one god? two? three? why are we here? is there any purpose?.

I don't want religion in which people convert just because supernatural sightings, experiences.
Materialism is an identity crisis.

Palestine will be free.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 5:16:46 PM
At 7/24/2015 4:41:28 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Thank you for the opportunity to tell you my Story.

Cool story. I had a similar "awakening" but it happened over the course of maybe 6 months numerous events, not just one. Mine was not Christian in any way, it was simply undeniable evidence that their is a God and we can and should have a direct relationship with God. I do not tell people about those six months because the people who have never had a direct experience assume you are nuts.

How long ago did this happen to you? If it was recent, I suggest you take things slow, there is a chance that more is to come and for some people integration can be very difficult.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 5:19:46 PM
At 7/24/2015 5:16:46 PM, drpiek wrote:

Cool story. I had a similar "awakening" but it happened over the course of maybe 6 months numerous events, not just one. Mine was not Christian in any way, it was simply undeniable evidence that their is a God and we can and should have a direct relationship with God. I do not tell people about those six months because the people who have never had a direct experience assume you are nuts.

How long ago did this happen to you? If it was recent, I suggest you take things slow, there is a chance that more is to come and for some people integration can be very difficult.

Thanks. It happened on May 4th of last year. so....about 14 months ago.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 5:25:13 PM
At 7/24/2015 5:19:46 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

so how old are you?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 7:39:02 PM
At 7/24/2015 5:25:13 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 7/24/2015 5:19:46 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

so how old are you?

Im 37...like it says on my bio and on the link in top left by pic and username. I was 36 when I was Saved.
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 10:11:52 PM
Hi my fellow and sister Christians. Ive enjoyed since Ive been here talking about and sharing our religious ideas together. So I'd like to take this chance to share my own testimony, on how I was Saved, Salvaged, and Born Again by God's Grace, some 14 months ago.
Don't fret.....I won't go too deep into it since from my experience I know full well that most people's "testimonies" on their God Experience, or their Getting Saved tends to bore others. Especially non-believers. But I have tosay I was in a miserable state; suicidal; gun in hand, ready to end it all. In a crummy motel room in downtown San Jose, CA.

I had left my wife about a week before. I had lost a business I had--a CrossFit Box i co-owned--from my own recklessness and sinful behavior. (hookers, drugs, all that cliche stuff! Ha!) For some reason out of desperation I picked up a bible. Part of my story here is it was given to me about an hour ealrier by a guy I never saw before or after downstairs outside my motel. I wont go into how he looked because it too is too cliche on how a human angel (I know!) would look. (but he did!)

He goes..."Take this...and do it fast. You look like you need it!) (I really did not look too bad. I am well-groomed and fit and was dressed in pressed jeans and a sports coat).

So I am upstairs, I had a couple shots of chilled vodka (only two! I was not drunk!) and I loaded up the Taurus .38. I opened the bible at random and came to the part where, when Jesus finally expires on the cross the "temple curtain tore in two." (I know this is a metaphor, btw, more on that later.)
So i re-read it over and over. Weird, how it struck me. Obsessed me. I had read it before and considered it just another fabrication by a gospel writer. (I think it was Mark).
My heart-rate speeded-up. I get a ringing in my ears. The room gets bright like a dimmer switch is rotated ion but the light is orange.
Now the good part..the curtain to my window, well, splits. like a laser was cutting it from top to bottom. I actually held it in my hand to try and figure out where the light-laser was coming from but it would just pass through my hand with no pain. I even smelled smoke. And the curtain DID smoke. My smoke alarm in the room went off!

I look outside and that bible guy waves at me and walks away. I sit in my bed. The curtain is now pure bright orange light, but in two pieces. And the bible is open to that page on the bed and there is a trace--a path of light form the curtain to the page and it lit it up. So I go to the bathroom to splash water on my face and to throw some on the curtain! Ha! but when I come to, t everything is normal, except that curtain is torn int two, still. Wit the edges burnt/
I was overcome with a feeling of total elation and calm. Everything made sense. My state of being and how to get out og my misery. Wellm, it was gone. it was a narcotic feeling. A state of arousal. Peace with the world. Again, yeah, this all sounds cluiche but Im explaining to the best I can.

I suddenly became very tired. Went to sleep and slept for a good 10 hours. When I got up the same feeling of elation was there.Total rejuventaion. I had an insatiable yearning to know God better and read the Word as often as I could. Which I still do. I got back on my feet within a week. Got my business back, everything. (but I did get divorced).

The motel manager accused my of burning the curtain and I had to par for it! I still keep the receipt copy folded as a book mark in my Bible.

Very fascinating experience.
But I do have a few questions that no one seems to know the answer. Whoever, or whatever God is, why does he choose to reveal himself to certain people and not others? Why do people who need the help from God who have prayed constantly, cried many nights, but no change in their situation has occurred? I know many people who would lay their life on the line for complete strangers and pray for change, but nothing transpires. Those same people believe in God, but at times I have to wonder does he believe in them. Why do people have to suffer years of immense tribulations in order for God to reveal himself? Would that not make people disbelieve?

On a side note, August Burns Red is a wonderful band. Had a chance to see them in Atlanta a few years ago, but decided to go to Tampa and see Obituary instead.
Morality is of the highest importance - but for us, not for God.
Albert Einstein
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 10:15:28 PM
At 7/24/2015 10:11:52 PM, SevenDust wrote:

But I do have a few questions that no one seems to know the answer. Whoever, or whatever God is, why does he choose to reveal himself to certain people and not others? Why do people who need the help from God who have prayed constantly, cried many nights, but no change in their situation has occurred? I know many people who would lay their life on the line for complete strangers and pray for change, but nothing transpires. Those same people believe in God, but at times I have to wonder does he believe in them. Why do people have to suffer years of immense tribulations in order for God to reveal himself? Would that not make people disbelieve?

On a side note, August Burns Red is a wonderful band. Had a chance to see them in Atlanta a few years ago, but decided to go to Tampa and see Obituary instead.

thank you for your reply and your questions, brother. I am very eager to answer your questions and I will do so.I promise. Tomorrow. I have to go to work now--my CrossFit Box is open till midnight--but will give you an honest and in depth answer tomorrow. If that is OK? I had the same questions before I was Saved so I think I can do a good job for you.
(I like your name. I used to landscape so I know about Sevin dust! nice play on words.)
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 10:30:54 PM
At 7/24/2015 10:15:28 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

thank you for your reply and your questions, brother. I am very eager to answer your questions and I will do so.I promise. Tomorrow. I have to go to work now--my CrossFit Box is open till midnight--but will give you an honest and in depth answer tomorrow. If that is OK? I had the same questions before I was Saved so I think I can do a good job for you.
(I like your name. I used to landscape so I know about Sevin dust! nice play on words.)

That is OK with me. I live on the East Coast, so it may be 3 or 4 EST before I can respond to you.
Albert Einstein
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 10:34:41 PM
Yes, your religious conversion smacks of authentic spiritual contact that usually changes lives for the better. My own conversion "came out of nowhere" and lasted three days of one synchronicity experience after another and all of them pointing to brand new to me spiritual ideas, Christian ideas, and to get a Bible. Which I did even though still an atheist but going through conversion. When God "talks" to you, the Bible will have verses that will jump out at you with special meaning as your experience shows and mine too if readers want to hear another Christian conversion story.

It's telling that Muhammadan clones are so suspicious of actual spiritual experience of God, they are taught to fear the Spirit of God lest it contradict the Man and his position as absolute Authority over everything in Muslim life, including spiritual life--that is forbidden personal relationship with God outside of Muhammad's control and those of his minions. It's sad to see that there is really no Spirit in Muhammadanism. It's like the poster can't wait to post Muhammad's set of criticisms of the religious charisma he coveted, the same questions asked for 1400 years as Muhammad taught Muslims only to listen to him and not the Spirit of God that can reach anyone at any time, as the innumerable religious experience reports prove to the wise and obedient to God.
AliAdnan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 7:50:05 AM
At 7/24/2015 10:34:41 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Yes, your religious conversion smacks of authentic spiritual contact that usually changes lives for the better. My own conversion "came out of nowhere" and lasted three days of one synchronicity experience after another and all of them pointing to brand new to me spiritual ideas, Christian ideas, and to get a Bible. Which I did even though still an atheist but going through conversion. When God "talks" to you, the Bible will have verses that will jump out at you with special meaning as your experience shows and mine too if readers want to hear another Christian conversion story.

It's telling that Muhammadan clones are so suspicious of actual spiritual experience of God, they are taught to fear the Spirit of God lest it contradict the Man and his position as absolute Authority over everything in Muslim life, including spiritual life--that is forbidden personal relationship with God outside of Muhammad's control and those of his minions. It's sad to see that there is really no Spirit in Muhammadanism. It's like the poster can't wait to post Muhammad's set of criticisms of the religious charisma he coveted, the same questions asked for 1400 years as Muhammad taught Muslims only to listen to him and not the Spirit of God that can reach anyone at any time, as the innumerable religious experience reports prove to the wise and obedient to God.

First there isn't something like 'Muhammadanism'. There is religion called Islam. If you are trying to say something against Muhammad, do it with arguments and logic at least. You are teacher and you should know that lying or deceiving is bad. Do you know why there is no supernatural relationships and unreal situations in Islam ? Islam is a reality. Something like natural religion. It doesn't need supernatural experience to believe. Christianity today says: STOP THINK and BELIEVE, but Islam says: THINK and BELIEVE. According to media, Islam is a religion of killing and oppressed women, but why then is Islam the fastest growing religion? Is it possible that thousands every day became muslims even if they were thought : Islam is bad. ? Is it possible that the most converts are women? And also everything that without supernatural experience. If you watched Muslim converts video, you could see that these people convert because they understanded something. They were researching the truth, they were using their brains to ask questions. And that led them to Islam. And that distinguishes Muslim converts from Christian converts.

Palestine will be free.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 8:27:34 AM
Got my business back, everything. (but I did get divorced).

How unfortunate, that is a serious sin against God, I guess you'll be joining the rest of us evil sinners in hell. I'll be sure to save you a seat by the fire.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 8:56:04 AM

You must have been as high as a kite to damage your room in that way, and possibly putting other people's lives in danger!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 1:08:12 PM
At 7/25/2015 8:56:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:

You must have been as high as a kite to damage your room in that way, and possibly putting other people's lives in danger!

High on God, brother. High on God. Thank you.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 1:13:08 PM
At 7/25/2015 8:27:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

How unfortunate, that is a serious sin against God, I guess you'll be joining the rest of us evil sinners in hell. I'll be sure to save you a seat by the fire.

Nah, the Law about divorce being a Sin is only ancient Hebrew Law. And like a lot of the Old Testament really has nothing to do with the True Nature of God. only a bible literist would believe this. are you one? bus also, I believe in Calvin's Irresistable Grace which talks about how if you are called or Saved like I was that no matter how hard you try, even if you dont want it, well, too bad you are Saved and are going to The Next Level. This is what happened to me. Divorce, really? how silly to think a True God who could Create Everything would care about such a little wee man thing. I wound think you would believe in such petty stuff, going by your avatar. oh well, just goes to show....
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 1:34:25 PM
At 7/24/2015 10:30:54 PM, SevenDust wrote:
At 7/24/2015 10:15:28 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

That is OK with me. I live on the East Coast, so it may be 3 or 4 EST before I can respond to you.

I'll try to answer your questions here but some of them look pretty tough so no promises!

Why God chooses to show himself to some and not others I cannot say, only He knows that. My guess would be, though, that He shows Him to people whom He feels that, well, He wants to Save, for whatever reason, but He knows those folks are lacking in the Faith or the Strength to continue seeking Him on their own. They are sort of hopeless in that regard so he does this whole "Well, Hell, I guess your dumbass needs a big old fire and brimstone sign of Proof before you come around."
this was me before I was Saved. Like I said in my story, hopeless and weak and ready to end my life. So I guess He decided to take drastic Measures. Again, why Me? I dont know--I was the worst sinner ever. It will be the first Question I ask Him when I meet Him.
I understand how many people get frustrated by God when they pray and talk to Him daily and it seems like nothing is Happening. Many atheists are like they are because they once believed but then got angry when God didn't give them what they asked for like some kind of Cosmic Vending Machine. Ha! All I can say is that He has a Plan for all of us and sometimes He wants you to continue your search for HIm. In that search we often find the Answer. And then Him also. This I think goes with that saying that "God Helps those Who Help themselves."
I know..those aren't very satisfying answers but Its all I can do. Yes, I was saved but when God did so He didn't tell me His Reasoning. How He Chooses. I am filled with this Feeling though that, unfortunate that it is, God does Not Save All Who Ask. He has an Elect.But again, why and how he chooses this I just dont know. No one does.
Keep looking for and talking to God. Dont ask Him for material things or for your problems to go away. But ask for the strength to deal with that stuff. I think when we Do this and then Help ourselves, we move closer to God. If He thinks you need a sign from Him, dont worry you will get it! Ha! In Spades, like me! Wow! But the fact that He hasn't given you one could actually be a "compliment" to you since he does not think you are so Weak as to need one like I was.
Thanks you for your interest, brother. And I DO wish you Godspeed.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:11:24 PM
At 7/24/2015 10:34:41 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Wow--three days! Sounds like Jonah! or one hell of a powerful vision. Magic number 3. Yeah...i cant speak for others but I would very much like to hear your story on your Conversion Experience.
I also share your negative feelings on Islam's holy book the Koran. I read it and found it very sterile and lacking in beauty and the intriguing poetry and thought provoking stories like out Bible has in the Old Testament. Koran seemed to be mostly rules and promises for believers and threats for indidels!!
AliAdnan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:50:25 PM
At 7/25/2015 1:13:08 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Nah, the Law about divorce being a Sin is only ancient Hebrew Law. And like a lot of the Old Testament really has nothing to do with the True Nature of God. only a bible literist would believe this. are you one? bus also, I believe in Calvin's Irresistable Grace which talks about how if you are called or Saved like I was that no matter how hard you try, even if you dont want it, well, too bad you are Saved and are going to The Next Level. This is what happened to me. Divorce, really? how silly to think a True God who could Create Everything would care about such a little wee man thing. I wound think you would believe in such petty stuff, going by your avatar. oh well, just goes to show....

You said that Old Testament has nothing to do with True Nature of God. How hypocritical. You has put together Old Testament with New Testament just to reach people for new religion.

Palestine will be free.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 3:50:21 PM
At 7/25/2015 2:50:25 PM, AliAdnan wrote:

You said that Old Testament has nothing to do with True Nature of God. How hypocritical. You has put together Old Testament with New Testament just to reach people for new religion.

wrong. I said that many of those old Jewish Laws and stories about their Yahweh, like his murdering and slaughter of enemies, don't have much accuracy for describing what God is really like. Jesus is a closer example. I do think we can learn some morals and ideas from the OT. examples: Job--for Faith, and enduring suffering; Aaron and the Golden Calf for being impatient with God and demanding one. The Song of Solomon for the Nature of Love; Daniel for, again, Faith. David for the dangers of arrogance, etc.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 4:52:43 PM

You wear pressed jeans and a sports coat? Do you also wear cowboy boots or do you wear white sneakers?

Your story sounds to me like a drama queen who is desperate for attention made it up to impress readers. I am not impressed. It simply doesn't jell.

First there is a man in the story who gave you a bible about an HOUR before you actually picked it up and read it.
Then you claim you only had a "couple" of shots of vodka. I would say it was more like a couple of bottles as well as whatever drugs you had left. I don't believe a drug addict when he claims to be sober.
Then you had a drug induced hallucination and most likely burned the curtain with whatever drugs you were smoking at the time which also made the smoke alarm go off and apparently while all this was happening the man who gave you the bible was waiting below for over an hour and did not walk away till you waved at him?

You want readers to believe he was still hanging around a couple of hours later?

Your story is unconvincing to people who are not gullible.
You need to work on your story writing techniques if you want them to be convincing to sober people.

The gullible might believe you but not all are gullible.
SevenDust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 5:18:27 PM
Thank you for the response August.

You said that: "I understand how many people get frustrated by God when they pray and talk to Him daily and it seems like nothing is happening." and also Don"t ask Him for material things or for your problems to go away. But ask for the strength to deal with that stuff. That is one issue that I have. I have never asked for material things (which the lottery would be nice LOL) but only for the health and well-being of my family. For years now those prayers have not been answered. Whatever sins I have committed in my life (and I know there are many) I believe I have paid for them ten-fold. I don"t want anyone to go through what I have for the past ten years, numerous hospital visits, and sleepless nights is not for the faint of heart. I don"t know what sign I"m looking for, maybe the same sign that every atheist was looking for before they became atheists. You also said that, "But the fact that He hasn't given you one could actually be a "compliment" to you since he does not think you are so weak as to need one like I was." That one I have to disagree with. Some days I don"t want to face the day, and I"m tired of praying for that change, it has just been too long for those prayers to be answered. I don"t want to give up hope, but sometimes enough is enough. Again thank you for the candid remarks, and the time to respond to my questions.
Albert Einstein
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 5:33:56 PM
At 7/25/2015 5:18:27 PM, SevenDust wrote:

You said that: "I understand how many people get frustrated by God when they pray and talk to Him daily and it seems like nothing is happening." and also Don"t ask Him for material things or for your problems to go away. But ask for the strength to deal with that stuff. That is one issue that I have. I have never asked for material things (which the lottery would be nice LOL) but only for the health and well-being of my family. For years now those prayers have not been answered. Whatever sins I have committed in my life (and I know there are many) I believe I have paid for them ten-fold. I don"t want anyone to go through what I have for the past ten years, numerous hospital visits, and sleepless nights is not for the faint of heart. I don"t know what sign I"m looking for, maybe the same sign that every atheist was looking for before they became atheists. You also said that, "But the fact that He hasn't given you one could actually be a "compliment" to you since he does not think you are so weak as to need one like I was." That one I have to disagree with. Some days I don"t want to face the day, and I"m tired of praying for that change, it has just been too long for those prayers to be answered. I don"t want to give up hope, but sometimes enough is enough. Again thank you for the candid remarks, and the time to respond to my questions.

Praying to God is no different to praying to Mother Nature. You get exactly the same results. No supernatural character cares about people. Mother Nature simply destroys people randomly. Father Time and Father God let her do as she wants. Such is life.
We need to learn to accept life as it is because it simply will never change. It repeats its own cycles constantly.
Sometimes the difference between living and dying simply depends on whether you are in a certain location at a certain time or not. Accidents happen. Natural disasters happen and no supernatural gods are anywhere to stop them from happening.
Pain and suffering is simply part of life and all of us experience it to some degree. It makes no difference if you are a good or bad person. **IT happens. We just need to learn to deal with the mess and get on with life.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 6:51:01 PM
At 7/25/2015 4:52:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:

You wear pressed jeans and a sports coat? Do you also wear cowboy boots or do you wear white sneakers?

Your story sounds to me like a drama queen who is desperate for attention made it up to impress readers. I am not impressed. It simply doesn't jell.

First there is a man in the story who gave you a bible about an HOUR before you actually picked it up and read it.
Then you claim you only had a "couple" of shots of vodka. I would say it was more like a couple of bottles as well as whatever drugs you had left. I don't believe a drug addict when he claims to be sober.
Then you had a drug induced hallucination and most likely burned the curtain with whatever drugs you were smoking at the time which also made the smoke alarm go off and apparently while all this was happening the man who gave you the bible was waiting below for over an hour and did not walk away till you waved at him?

You want readers to believe he was still hanging around a couple of hours later?

You need to work on your story writing techniques if you want them to be convincing to sober people.

not the gullible..but those who have been Saved or had their Own God Experiences of Salvation will know what Im speaking of. you also obvvious didnt read my testimony very well. I wasnt weaning pressed jeans, the Man--angel?--who gave me the Bible was. I was wearing cargo shorts and a UC-Santa Cruz shirt (my alma) if that matters at all to you. And yes, only two vodka shots, about four ounces total. Nothing for me back then not even enough to get a buzz. besides, if I was making the story up why owuld I mention drinking at all! Ha! I would leave it out completely because I would nkow that as soon as booze is mentioned redflags go up for skeptics.
the rest of the story is exactly as I remember. Why an hours for the bible? to read? I dont know, why not? I was an atheist then and am lucky I even looked at it at all! and as to why he was still down on the street an hour later? again,, who knows? not me. maybe He left and came back? who knows? All I know is he was there. Also, a pat I forgot to mention, I am also sure he had on a brown sports coat when he gaveme the bible--but not positive--but when I looked down below after pulling the curtain aside and opening the window partway--as far as it would open--his coat was like a white linen one. And white tennis shoes too. Did He change jackets? or did I not notice the white before? Not sure, but I am about 80% positive he didnt have white on at first.
I was not using any drugs. and if you saw the curtain youd know it would have been very hard for me to burn in the way it was. almost cut like a lazer. or, like the motel manager said, "it looks like it was cut with scissors and then the edges were burned neatly like with s soldering iron." Ha! This I assure you i did not do!
but its OK, that you dont believe. I fully expected some people or even most not to. I probably wouldn have either! But I stand by my story. And swear on the Holy Bible that I related it as accurate as I could. thanks for reading and commenting!! I pray that you too can have a Salvage Experience like me someday.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 6:57:36 PM

You are more than welcome brother. it grieve my heart when I hear stories like yours,good people who truly want God in their live but feel they have not found him yet. It also makes me feel guilty that I WAS saved, as I was NOT a good person, before. I will say a prayer for you tomorrow at Church. please give me your first name? so I may use it when I talk to the Lord? I talk to Him like I would a friend, very informal, and have been known to get angry with Him as well and question His ways. this is OK I think, He can handle it and must know thats how I am anyway! No..do NOT give up hope! All I can tell you is that God has NOt given up on you. Trite sounding though that may be, it is true, my Friend. Best wishes is all you do, and again, I wish you Godspeed.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 7:05:00 PM
At 7/25/2015 5:33:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Praying to God is no different to praying to Mother Nature. You get exactly the same results. No supernatural character cares about people. Mother Nature simply destroys people randomly. Father Time and Father God let her do as she wants. Such is life.
We need to learn to accept life as it is because it simply will never change. It repeats its own cycles constantly.
Sometimes the difference between living and dying simply depends on whether you are in a certain location at a certain time or not. Accidents happen. Natural disasters happen and no supernatural gods are anywhere to stop them from happening.
Pain and suffering is simply part of life and all of us experience it to some degree. It makes no difference if you are a good or bad person. **IT happens. We just need to learn to deal with the mess and get on with life.

Ah, a Pagan! Cool. Hows that working for you? Praying to God and nature (there is no such thing as a Mother Nature) might be the same for somebody who does not believe in God, who has not been Saved or seen His Work. This sounds like you. Im sorry. Pain and suffering ARE indeed a part of life. Nature is indeed cruel. Like Richard Darkins says, "bloody in tooth and claw." God lets nature take its course, usually. he set the ball rolling when He began the Evolutionary Process. And then stepped back. Nature is NOT God but is His Handiwork. Its like saying that the Mona Lisa IS Da Vinci. Ha! or that the music from the Four Seasons IS Vivaldi himself.
No..they are only creations of those men. God CAN intervene in normal life If He chooses. Like with me. Why? Who knows. Not me. I used to be just like you. I know form where you come, trust me. I will pray for you to one day know God. then you will see what a pale substitute nature is. but I DO love nature. but nature didnt save my life that day in May last year in that grimy motel room.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 7:19:07 PM
Here for your enjoyment is the Momentous Bible Passage that I opened to on the Day of My Salvation. I was obsessed with it like never before and could not stop reading it. Like eating popcorn! over and over. then the curtain in my room glowed and burnt and a trail, like a penlight lead to the pages.
included are some related passages to the one in Mark......

Matthew 27:54
When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

Mark 15:38
The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

Luke 23:45
for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.

Luke 23:47
The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, "Surely this was a righteous man."

Hebrews 9:3
Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place,
number123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 10:13:12 PM
At 7/25/2015 7:19:07 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Here for your enjoyment is the Momentous Bible Passage that I opened to on the Day of My Salvation. I was obsessed with it like never before and could not stop reading it. Like eating popcorn! over and over. then the curtain in my room glowed and burnt and a trail, like a penlight lead to the pages.
included are some related passages to the one in Mark......

Matthew 27:54
When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

Mark 15:38
The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

Luke 23:45
for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.

Luke 23:47
The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, "Surely this was a righteous man."

Hebrews 9:3
Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place,
: :

Matthew 22:14 (KJV)
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 11:21:57 PM
At 7/25/2015 6:51:01 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 7/25/2015 4:52:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:

not the gullible..but those who have been Saved or had their Own God Experiences of Salvation will know what Im speaking of. you also obvvious didnt read my testimony very well. I wasnt weaning pressed jeans, the Man--angel?--who gave me the Bible was.

You obviously didn't read your own story too well since you said YOU were. Take another look at your own story.
However, I understand that you are a confused person so I forgive you.

I was wearing cargo shorts and a UC-Santa Cruz shirt (my alma) if that matters at all to you. And yes, only two vodka shots, about four ounces total. Nothing for me back then not even enough to get a buzz. besides, if I was making the story up why owuld I mention drinking at all! Ha! I would leave it out completely because I would nkow that as soon as booze is mentioned redflags go up for skeptics.

You expect readers to believe that? You would have been in a depressed state of mind if you were really thinking of suicide and would have been trying to zone yourself out before you shot yourself. Alcohol and drugs would do that. I notice you didn't mention what you were smoking to cause the curtains to burn. Curtains don't just start burning by themselves. You must have been smoking something to cause your hallucinations.

the rest of the story is exactly as I remember. Why an hours for the bible? to read? I dont know, why not? I was an atheist then and am lucky I even looked at it at all! and as to why he was still down on the street an hour later? again,, who knows? not me. maybe He left and came back? who knows? All I know is he was there. Also, a pat I forgot to mention, I am also sure he had on a brown sports coat when he gaveme the bible--but not positive--but when I looked down below after pulling the curtain aside and opening the window partway--as far as it would open--his coat was like a white linen one. And white tennis shoes too. Did He change jackets? or did I not notice the white before? Not sure, but I am about 80% positive he didnt have white on at first.

Don't forget to mention the blue eyes.
Being high on drugs certainly seems to give some people great religious experiences. The stories get more and more embellished each time they are told.

I was not using any drugs. and if you saw the curtain youd know it would have been very hard for me to burn in the way it was. almost cut like a lazer. or, like the motel manager said, "it looks like it was cut with scissors and then the edges were burned neatly like with s soldering iron." Ha! This I assure you i did not do!

Sorry, but I don't believe your story. It is the beginning of a good fiction and quite entertaining but that's all its good for.

but its OK, that you dont believe. I fully expected some people or even most not to. I probably wouldn have either! But I stand by my story. And swear on the Holy Bible that I related it as accurate as I could. thanks for reading and commenting!! I pray that you too can have a Salvage Experience like me someday.

Swearing on the bible makes about as much difference as swearing on a superman comic.
I don't need salvation from anything. I am not planning to shoot myself and I don't take drugs, smoke, or drink alcohol. Depressed people who are running away from reality generally end up following invisible characters and talking to them because their mind causes them to see and believe their own delusions.
Your delusions won't harm anyone as long as you don't decide to kill anyone because God told you to.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 11:45:54 PM
At 7/25/2015 7:05:00 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 7/25/2015 5:33:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Ah, a Pagan! Cool. Hows that working for you?

Wrong. I am not a pagan. I am a very sober realist. I don't talk to invisible supernatural characters.
Reality works just fine for me. I don't find a need to try to escape from it but I understand the religious do. Religion is a crutch for the lame who can't stand on their own two feet.

Praying to God and nature (there is no such thing as a Mother Nature) might be the same for somebody who does not believe in God, who has not been Saved or seen His Work. This sounds like you.

Wrong again. I actually did go through a "salvation experience" when I was young but I realized when I was older that it was just a emotional and psychological experience and nothing supernatural at all. Many people go through such experiences when they are in a highly emotional state. Hypnotists can even induce such states.

Im sorry. Pain and suffering ARE indeed a part of life. Nature is indeed cruel. Like Richard Darkins says, "bloody in tooth and claw." God lets nature take its course, usually. he set the ball rolling when He began the Evolutionary Process. And then stepped back. Nature is NOT God but is His Handiwork. Its like saying that the Mona Lisa IS Da Vinci. Ha! or that the music from the Four Seasons IS Vivaldi himself.

Nature is not Mother Nature but is her handiwork.
Humans personify the forces of the universe as gods. They always have and always will. All supernatural gods are mythical human creations. The list of names for the gods just change over time. Zeus, Apollo, Allah, Jesus, etc etc .... http://www.lowchensaustralia.com...
Take your pick. It's like choosing the religious drug of your choice.

No..they are only creations of those men. God CAN intervene in normal life If He chooses. Like with me. Why? Who knows. Not me. I used to be just like you. I know form where you come, trust me. I will pray for you to one day know God. then you will see what a pale substitute nature is. but I DO love nature. but nature didnt save my life that day in May last year in that grimy motel room.

You have no clue where I am coming from.
Your own brain causes you to do what you do. Your own emotions, your own conscience and subconcious work together to motivate you. The human mind can create all kinds of delusions and illusions which cause people to believe they have had some supernatural experience or seen a vision of something. It is simply due to an overload of emotion and trauma in peoples lives.
Supernatural Gods do not exist. They are all mythical. Superstitious, gullible and emotionally unbalanced people seem to need these imaginary supernatural characters to give them something to believe in because they lack faith and belief in themselves.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 1:19:32 PM

Nah, the Law about divorce being a Sin is only ancient Hebrew Law.

Haven't read the New Testament, yet? I'll wait till you do.

And like a lot of the Old Testament really has nothing to do with the True Nature of God.

And yet, the Bible is supposed to have everything to do with the True Nature of God. Duh.

only a bible literist would believe this. are you one?

I am of the mind that believers tell me the Bible is the word of God. Is this something you disagree with? Is the Bible false and is the word of common men? That would make it rather useless, then.

bus also, I believe in Calvin's Irresistable Grace which talks about how if you are called or Saved like I was that no matter how hard you try, even if you dont want it, well, too bad you are Saved and are going to The Next Level. This is what happened to me.

Yeah, sure it did. Delusions are so convincing.

Divorce, really? how silly to think a True God who could Create Everything would care about such a little wee man thing. I wound think you would believe in such petty stuff, going by your avatar. oh well, just goes to show....

Yes, it does just go to show the hypocrisy of you believers who say one thing and then the opposite. I can only assume the Bible means absolutely nothing to you, then? You could just as easily wipe your a$$ with it's pages, yes?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth