Jump to topic:

An Apology to my Catholic Brethren

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 1:51:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was reviewing some of my past post last night after I got off work and it just hit me that a few of my posts about my opinion of the Catholic Church were a little out of line. Overyl hostile. While I still do have some issues with its policies and dogma and their history, well so what? Who am I to say? Nobody. Just another Christian trying to find His Way.
We all have our own opinions and our beliefs. And shouldnt be attacked for them as i did the RCC. So I am sorry to any Catholic I offended or otherwise caused to have negative feelings.
Besides, those of us who follow or try to follow the Words of jesus know what He said about "Judge not less ye be judged." I agree. And the "plank in your eye vs. the speck in your brother's." I need to heed these Words of Wisdom better in the future. As Im still a Chrisitan Under Construction!
Again....I publicly apologize if I offended and Catholics and will be more tolerant of your views in the future in discussions here on DDO.

Yours in the Lord.............

----August_Burns_Red
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 1:53:44 PM
At 7/25/2015 1:51:18 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
I was reviewing some of my past post last night after I got off work and it just hit me that a few of my posts about my opinion of the Catholic Church were a little out of line. Overyl hostile. While I still do have some issues with its policies and dogma and their history, well so what? Who am I to say? Nobody. Just another Christian trying to find His Way.
We all have our own opinions and our beliefs. And shouldnt be attacked for them as i did the RCC. So I am sorry to any Catholic I offended or otherwise caused to have negative feelings.
Besides, those of us who follow or try to follow the Words of jesus know what He said about "Judge not less ye be judged." I agree. And the "plank in your eye vs. the speck in your brother's." I need to heed these Words of Wisdom better in the future. As Im still a Chrisitan Under Construction!
Again....I publicly apologize if I offended and Catholics and will be more tolerant of your views in the future in discussions here on DDO.

----August_Burns_Red

You can attack the evils of Roman Catholicism without attacking Catholics themselves.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:06:50 PM
At 7/25/2015 1:53:44 PM, annanicole wrote:

----August_Burns_Red

You can attack the evils of Roman Catholicism without attacking Catholics themselves.

yes...this is true..and actually what I did, if you read my posts on it. I listed some past actions of the RCC which I felt were way out of line. I never personally attacked a Catholic though.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:09:12 PM
At 7/25/2015 2:06:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

----August_Burns_Red

yes...this is true..and actually what I did, if you read my posts on it. I listed some past actions of the RCC which I felt were way out of line. I never personally attacked a Catholic though.

Well, if all you did was attack the Roman Catholic Church, why apologize for it?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:13:45 PM
At 7/25/2015 2:09:12 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/25/2015 2:06:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

----August_Burns_Red

Well, if all you did was attack the Roman Catholic Church, why apologize for it?

Because I feel I was being overly judgmental and I also admit I had some anger in me when I did the posts.This isn't how God wants me to act. Being too judgeing of others and their differing beliefs has long been a main Sin of mine and I am trying to work on it. So it just feels right for me to issue the apology. you probably dont need to be so interested in my reasons here. Thanks
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:30:25 PM

----August_Burns_Red

I accept your apology and forgive you.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 3:46:03 PM
At 7/25/2015 3:35:44 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
I'm not a Catholic, but it's nice to see a post like this, August. Thank you for posting, and best wishes to you.

Thanks, RD. My biggest character flaw--God or no--is that of being overly-judging and harsh to folks who differ in opinion and yes, even theology from me. It is high time I take measures to improve in this area. So, your welcome!
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 3:53:31 PM
At 7/25/2015 3:46:03 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
I'm not a Catholic, but it's nice to see a post like this, August. Thank you for posting, and best wishes to you.

Thanks, RD. My biggest character flaw--God or no--is that of being overly-judging and harsh to folks who differ in opinion and yes, even theology from me. It is high time I take measures to improve in this area. So, your welcome!

I recently rebuffed you in another thread, August, for exactly that. Since it's something you have acknowledged and are dealing with, please consider yourself welcome to continue that conversation, should you choose, or have any other you conversation you might wish with me.

With best regards, Ruv.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 3:54:51 PM
At 7/25/2015 3:53:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 7/25/2015 3:46:03 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

I recently rebuffed you in another thread, August, for exactly that. Since it's something you have acknowledged and are dealing with, please consider yourself welcome to continue that conversation, should you choose, or have any other you conversation you might wish with me.

With best regards, Ruv.

OK, will do! ("rebuffed" has always been one of my favorite words. its one of those where the very sound of it describes the nature of the meaning. "buff!") Ha!
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 5:02:08 PM
All of the best biblical scholars are Roman Catholic... Well, a massive chunk of them anyway.

They know what they are doing. Yes, they even know why they are doing things that seem directly conflict with scripture. It's done for a reason. They know what they are doing.

The Orthodox Catholic Church claims to be Catholic too....

Really though, The True Catholic Church is not contained in any institution.

You know what the word "Catholic" means? It means "Universal".

The Universal Church.

Maybe if I put on a funny hat, I can claim to be the Pope of the Catholic Church, I am after all a Universal Theologian.

No really though, there is only one eternal Pope of the Catholic Church. I'll give you a hint, it's the same Pope that Jesus prayed to.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer