To theists (part 2)

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 6:37:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/25/2015 11:27:28 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
What aspect of organized Religion do you like the most?

See my answer to "to atheists (part 2)"
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:19:40 AM

That people have a place to go in times of solace and that it can be very useful in gathering people into a community.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 9:22:38 AM
At 7/26/2015 7:19:40 AM, johnlubba wrote:

That people have a place to go in times of solace and that it can be very useful in gathering people into a community.

Then, we can just turn all churches into community halls, kick out the padre and get rid of the religion, that way people of other cultures and beliefs may also use them to gather, in times of solace, of course.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 9:33:20 AM

UtherPenguin Good to meet you..
I reply: I go to church to eat!! I must go.. There is no other place to get fed!

The need for priests to consecrate the bread make church imperative!
Jesus cannot lie.. 53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Its a fact.... All who do not eat die! I would starve to death without church!
number123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 9:52:55 AM
At 7/26/2015 9:33:20 AM, Dogknox wrote:

I reply: I go to church to eat!! I must go.. There is no other place to get fed!

Jesus cannot lie.. 53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Its a fact.... All who do not eat die! I would starve to death without church! : :

The false prophets who added their Eucharist idea to the new testament writings did not understand the old testament prophecies.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Ecclesiastes 3
17: I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for he has appointed a time for every matter, and for every work.
18: I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them that they are but beasts.
19: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity.
20: All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Isaiah 40
6: A voice says, "Cry!" And I said, "What shall I cry?" All flesh is grass, and all its beauty is like the flower of the field.
7: The grass withers, the flower fades, when the breath of the LORD blows upon it; surely the people is grass.
8: The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand for ever.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.
21: Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.
25: In the LORD all the offspring of Israel shall triumph and glory."

Psalms 22
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
28: For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.

The proud of the earth are the flesh of men that can't keep themselves alive.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 10:41:08 AM

I am a theist who shuns 'organized religion' in general. If I were to pick something good about it, however, I would say that it provides people with an organized support mechanism for helping others.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 10:54:07 AM
At 7/26/2015 9:52:55 AM, number123 wrote:
At 7/26/2015 9:33:20 AM, Dogknox wrote:

Its a fact.... All who do not eat die! I would starve to death without church! : :

The false prophets who added their Eucharist idea to the new testament writings did not understand the old testament prophecies.

Genesis 6
12: And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13: And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Ecclesiastes 3
17: I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for he has appointed a time for every matter, and for every work.
18: I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them that they are but beasts.
19: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity.
20: All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Isaiah 40
6: A voice says, "Cry!" And I said, "What shall I cry?" All flesh is grass, and all its beauty is like the flower of the field.
7: The grass withers, the flower fades, when the breath of the LORD blows upon it; surely the people is grass.
8: The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand for ever.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.
21: Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.
25: In the LORD all the offspring of Israel shall triumph and glory."

Psalms 22
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
28: For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.

The proud of the earth are the flesh of men that can't keep themselves alive.

number123 Good to meet you..
You said.. The false prophets who added their Eucharist idea to the new testament writings did not understand the old testament prophecies.

I reply: "So YOU say!" Jesus is NOT a false prophet! Jesus cannot lie..

The words of Jesus I trust.. Yours I reject!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

number123 CHRISTIANS have been eating the flesh of Jesus for two thousand years!
The Last Supper was a Passover meal.. At all Passover meals they eat an "Unblemished Lamb"!

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 3:28:46 PM

The preservation of scripture.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer